Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  FS: EMBRACE RACING DUAL BIXENON FLUSHMOUNT HEADLIGHTS REV 2 (They're back!) (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
FS: EMBRACE RACING DUAL BIXENON FLUSHMOUNT HEADLIGHTS REV 2 (They're back!) by doublec4
Started on: 07-18-2013 12:09 PM
Replies: 47
Last post by: doublec4 on 09-21-2013 02:24 PM
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
It's been a while but these headlights are back! I took some time to improve the process of making the lights (specifically the lenses) and I've upgraded my equipment and my molds.

I've had a lot of inquiried about these lights and I know some people want spare lenses, parts, etc. Please post or pm me with exactly what you need and I can get you whatever spare parts you want.

For those who are unfamiliar with these lights, keep reading and check out the pictures. These are revision 2 of the design. Improved aiming brackets for easier aiming, plus pre drilled lenses for more robust mounting.

Onto the details!

BOLT ON flush mount light kits for sale. These units use high quality projectors and HID lighting systems so you can finally see again at night in your Fiero!

NO CUTTING, NO FIBERGLASSING, NO DRILLING of your stock equipment so you can return to stock if you need to.

For those who have not seen them, and are interested in the build, take a moment to visit this thread:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/087489.html

Let's start with a few pictures:

This is just the 2 outer lights on, with 3000K (gold) bulbs. The two inner lights provide a much wider angle of illumination because they are pushed forward more.

This is the very nice, uniform light spread with only 2 projectors on (inners), low beam, and 35W bulbs. So basically the lowest light output setting possible:

Here is the area of unlit space in front of the car (extremely minimum compared to all other Fiero flushmount kits)

I will try to get better pictures with a camera that does night shots better.

The price for a set in the group buy will be $420 US + shipping

You would receive:

- 2 lenses (VERY durable, see video below) (CNC cut for precision fit)

- 2 buckets
- 2 aiming brackets
- 2 mounting brackets

- All hardware
- 4 Bixenon projectors (They accept H1 bulbs)

- 4 projector shrouds [Your choice of the mini gatling gun (chrome) , or mini graphite (smoked clear)] *Please note that only the smoked shrouds can use the concentric rings to make installation easier.

- Instructions

The kit comes unpainted and you would need to supply your own HID kits and wire them. Do not use 55W HID kits with these projectors! Buy the 35W kits, they are plenty bright especially with 4 lights on.

It's a time consuming process to make these so I really cannot offer to paint them for you, etc. They're not overly difficult to install. If you can turn a wrench you can install them. No modifications of your stock equipment!

So, let us begin the another group buy!

Please post or pm me if you would like to secure a kit.

To get on the group buy list, I will require a $100 deposit upfront, and then you can pay the rest when the sets are ready to ship out. Turn around time is a couple of weeks (2-3). There is no price mark up on the projector lights and shrouds. You are getting them at cost.

Please PM me with your name, contact information, address, paypal info (I can do online bank transfer too) and please specify which projector shrouds you would like. You can do all 4 the same, or a pair of the mini gatlings + a pair of the clear smoked ones.

Thank you! Please post any questions you may have

GROUP BUY PRICE $420 + shipping

Thank you guys again for all of your interest. It has helped inspire me to build these for the Fiero community!

More pictures here on customers vehicles etc.

http://embraceracing.com/flushmounts.html

GROUP BUY LIST:

1. Oslo
2. 87FieroSport
3. Tuan
4. Clarence
5. Formula
6. Alex553
7. Scott

------------------

Check out my build and my website!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html
Embrace Racing

[This message has been edited by doublec4 (edited 07-29-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
2002z28ssconv

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvDirect Link to This Post
me want - but no money

If I ever have money, you're on the list of people I'll give it to.
87FieroSport

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroSportSend a Private Message to 87FieroSportDirect Link to This Post
I'm in. Shipping to 02916
Was waiting for this since I couldn't last time
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2013 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkDirect Link to This Post
Chris, As I have contacted you on email I need a set of lenses. You can PM me or send me an email to let me know the price. Thank you,

Mark
jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 04:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Direct Link to This Post
need total to send for lenses.
For those that have been debating on purchasing, BUY THESE.. They look great and are a very well built kit....

------------------

87 GT
series 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar
86GT 3800 n/a

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2013 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
MadMark, jb1, I have you guys down for sets of lenses. Your lenses will be ready before any of the full kits are ready and I will be sending them out first (since you guys have been waiting for a while now).

I'll pm you with the price. Thanks!
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2013 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
bump!

Never a bad time to upgrade your headlights
Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2013 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
These headlights will be one of the first upgrades that my "new" '86 will be getting! Thanks for making this product.
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2013 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
I have seen and driven Chris's car a few times now and can confirm the head lights look and work great and are very well built. Dan
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 05:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Thanks for the compliments guys!

Added another to the list and looking for a few more
Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 07:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaDirect Link to This Post
Do these ones have the halos?
PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2013 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula:

Do these ones have the halos?

The halos are a $40 option and I can do them in pretty much any color you like. The only catch is that they only work with smoked shrouds (which I prefer anyway because they are easier to mount)
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
We have another on board

Thanks for all of the interest so far everyone!
Darksyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2013 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarksydeSend a Private Message to DarksydeDirect Link to This Post
Dammit I want these...
87FieroSport

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroSportSend a Private Message to 87FieroSportDirect Link to This Post
(I'm) patiently waiting!
Can't wait to see these in my car
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2013 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
They're coming!

Been working hard on these the past week. It's actually a very time consuming process but worth it in the end
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Any other takers before I close this round up soon?
donnie072003

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Darksyde:

Dammit I want these...

Ditto
Alex553

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex553Send a Private Message to Alex553Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

Any other takers before I close this round up soon?

I'll jump on this

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
That's okay! For those of you who want them but it's not in the budget right now, or for whatever reason, there will always be another group buy as long as there is a demand for them.

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2013 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Group buy is now closed!

If you want to squeeze in last minute, then I will check for messages before noon tomorrow. Otherwise consider this all wrapped up!

I've already started making the lights for those of you who have placed your order.

Thank you again to everyone for making this possible!

------------------

Check out my build and my website!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html
Embrace Racing

PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2013 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Group buy now closed!

Work on the lights is under way and I can't wait to see some new headlights out there on your cars!
jb1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2013 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Direct Link to This Post
I can wait a little bit so you can get full sets out. My car is tore down doing brakes and full suspension, just want to make sure I get a set in case you decide to stop producing these.. Hopefully not , it is a great item for the fiero..

------------------

87 GT
series 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar/ 4t80e
86GT 3800 n/a
My Build

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2013 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jb1:

I can wait a little bit so you can get full sets out. My car is tore down doing brakes and full suspension, just want to make sure I get a set in case you decide to stop producing these.. Hopefully not , it is a great item for the fiero..

Your lenses are ready, and I can continue to produce them for as long as people want them I have the equipment anyways!

I'll send you a total + shipping and I can ship them out on Tuesday
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2013 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
For those of you who are interested, check out how I make the headlight lenses:

[This message has been edited by doublec4 (edited 08-08-2013).]

WMac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2013 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WMacSend a Private Message to WMacDirect Link to This Post
Ok, Im in. Chris let me know.

------------------

WMac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2013 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WMacSend a Private Message to WMacDirect Link to This Post

WMac

320 posts
Member since Feb 2002
Damnit, did I really miss out on this...
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2013 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by WMac:

Damnit, did I really miss out on this...

Only missed out for this group buy! It's not the last, I will be having more!

PM with your email address and I will notify you when the next group buy starts.

Thanks!
rourke_87_T-Top

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2013 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rourke_87_T-TopSend a Private Message to rourke_87_T-TopDirect Link to This Post
I was watching your video, pretty cool ! I guess you could probably make a nice set of Notchie quarter windows too ; )
daniel87fierogt

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2013 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtDirect Link to This Post
Chris,
I saw where you are using 4 projectors but I didn't see where you said whether you are using two low beam projectors and two high or all low beam. I really like my high beams because I do live in the mountains with a lot of deer so would need to keep my high beams. Thanks Daniel
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by daniel87fierogt:

Chris,
I saw where you are using 4 projectors but I didn't see where you said whether you are using two low beam projectors and two high or all low beam. I really like my high beams because I do live in the mountains with a lot of deer so would need to keep my high beams. Thanks Daniel

Each projector is capable of high and low. So essentially you have 4 low beams and 4 high beams

PFF
System Bot
87FieroSport

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroSportSend a Private Message to 87FieroSportDirect Link to This Post
Mind emailing me when payment is ready?
I don't come on PFF as much due to work
daniel87fierogt

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtDirect Link to This Post
Chris,
Yes of course, I completely forgot that you were using the bi-xenon projectors. Are you using the retrofit source Morimoto Mini H1 6.0 projectors in your setups? Thanks for clearing that up.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87FieroSport:

Mind emailing me when payment is ready?
I don't come on PFF as much due to work

Not a problem!
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2013 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

doublec4

8289 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by daniel87fierogt:

Chris,
Yes of course, I completely forgot that you were using the bi-xenon projectors. Are you using the retrofit source Morimoto Mini H1 6.0 projectors in your setups? Thanks for clearing that up.

That's correct This is a quick video that fiero2m8 shot with his set:

87FieroSport

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroSportSend a Private Message to 87FieroSportDirect Link to This Post
Any updates?
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2013 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Your kit is ready (everything that I fabricate), however, I'm still waiting on the bulk order of projector housings to come in. Last week I was told they are on back order but my status was changed to "shipped" as of yesterday.

So I'm assuming they're in the mail and on their way to me. I will send you an email as soon as they come in and everything will be ready to be shipped out.

Thanks!
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2013 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkDirect Link to This Post
Hi Chris: I just watched how you made the lenses. Interesting combination of automation and hand operation.

I have had mine about a year now and just love them. Had some issues since I was one of the first to do this and lost a lens in the spring on my trip to Daytona. Chris was very generous and shipped me a set of lenses in a hurry so I could put them on before the show that included the upgrade of having hold down screws.

I have gone through a few iterations of controls for my headlights with the first being a complete set of control relays where I could adjust the mode of operation from four or two on in low, four or two on in high, four on in high with the inner set in low and a few other combinations. I originally decided to make a permanent setup with all four lights on in low, with the outside passenger one in high mode to catch the signs along the roads. However, after travelling in a group of Fiero's and having them complain about how bright my lights were I decided to go to two on in low on the inners with all four on in high mode for high beam. For me this works and doesn't seem to upset too many people. Every once in a while I would have someone blink me when I had all four on in low and didn't want to deal with a police stop so I changed. Also, there is a whole lot of light even with just the two inner bulbs on. Another thing I found was that there is no advantage to leaving one set in low when you go to high beams. The design of the Bi-xenon fixtures just block the upper half of the light in low mode (there is a shutter that pops up and blocks the light from escaping the lens). So just go ahead and run all four in high mode for your high beams is my suggestion.

Hope everyone has as much fun with their new lights as I have.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2013 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadMark:

Hi Chris: I just watched how you made the lenses. Interesting combination of automation and hand operation.

I have had mine about a year now and just love them. Had some issues since I was one of the first to do this and lost a lens in the spring on my trip to Daytona. Chris was very generous and shipped me a set of lenses in a hurry so I could put them on before the show that included the upgrade of having hold down screws.

I have gone through a few iterations of controls for my headlights with the first being a complete set of control relays where I could adjust the mode of operation from four or two on in low, four or two on in high, four on in high with the inner set in low and a few other combinations. I originally decided to make a permanent setup with all four lights on in low, with the outside passenger one in high mode to catch the signs along the roads. However, after travelling in a group of Fiero's and having them complain about how bright my lights were I decided to go to two on in low on the inners with all four on in high mode for high beam. For me this works and doesn't seem to upset too many people. Every once in a while I would have someone blink me when I had all four on in low and didn't want to deal with a police stop so I changed. Also, there is a whole lot of light even with just the two inner bulbs on. Another thing I found was that there is no advantage to leaving one set in low when you go to high beams. The design of the Bi-xenon fixtures just block the upper half of the light in low mode (there is a shutter that pops up and blocks the light from escaping the lens). So just go ahead and run all four in high mode for your high beams is my suggestion.

Hope everyone has as much fun with their new lights as I have.

Thanks for the review Mark! I appreciate it.

Just to give you guys an update. Everything is ready but I am waiting on the projector lights. I ordered them a while ago but it seems they are on back order. I received an email that said they had been shipped but there was no tracking number. I contacted them and they said that they haven't been shipped out and the email was just because I had added to my order. I will let you guys know when they come in. I apologize for the delay but it's out of my hands at this point. I've fabricated everything on my end. Hope you guys understand.

Thanks!
87FieroSport

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2013 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroSportSend a Private Message to 87FieroSportDirect Link to This Post
Bump.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock