Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  FS: EMBRACE RACING DUAL BIXENON FLUSHMOUNT HEADLIGHTS REV 2 (They're back!) (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
FS: EMBRACE RACING DUAL BIXENON FLUSHMOUNT HEADLIGHTS REV 2 (They're back!) by doublec4
Started on: 07-18-2013 12:09 PM
Replies: 47
Last post by: doublec4 on 09-21-2013 02:24 PM
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2013 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
UPS tracking says the projectors will arrive Monday.

Again, I'm very sorry about the unexpected delay, I've never had the projectors go on back order like that.

Thanks again for your patience guys!
IP: Logged
Infinity

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2013 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for InfinitySend a Private Message to InfinityDirect Link to This Post
Im interested when there will be a next group buy, or if u have a set laying around then too.

rg Marcel
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2013 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Infinity:

Im interested when there will be a next group buy, or if u have a set laying around then too.

rg Marcel

pm sent
animal

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2013 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for animalSend a Private Message to animalDirect Link to This Post
I'm also interested in the next group buy
daniel87fierogt

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2013 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtDirect Link to This Post
Chris,
I noticed in the build video of your lights that the plastic cover is attached to the metal bucket assembly but I didn't see any rubber seal that keeps the moisture out of the clear lens area. How have you addressed this problem? Thanks Daniel
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2013 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by daniel87fierogt:

Chris,
I noticed in the build video of your lights that the plastic cover is attached to the metal bucket assembly but I didn't see any rubber seal that keeps the moisture out of the clear lens area. How have you addressed this problem? Thanks Daniel

The lens is attached via industrial strength velcro which provides some measure of sealing against the elements. It also uses 4 countersunk machine screws (to ensure the lens will not come off - unrelated to sealing).

I have not had any issues with water damaging the projectors since they still sit off of the "floor" of the housing. The metal housings are open in four corners allowing any water to just run out. It would be impossible to flood the buckets and have water reach the projectors unless you were driving through a flooded road. If that happens, you have bigger issues to deal with

I ran my original prototype set of headlights for quite some time now. They saw regular use in rain and shine, plus all of the times I washed my car. Never had any problems with moisture and I recently removed the entire assemblies so I could install a regular set (prototypes were a little rough around the edges). The projectors still look good as new!

Hope that helps

Chris
Swampthing

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2013 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SwampthingSend a Private Message to SwampthingDirect Link to This Post
I hope you continue to do group buys so that I can get a set eventually.

Just curious has anybody body matched the buckets to do the c6 corvette look?
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2013 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Swampthing:

I hope you continue to do group buys so that I can get a set eventually.

Just curious has anybody body matched the buckets to do the c6 corvette look?

I will continue group buys so long as there is sufficient interest

If you're referring to painting the buckets body color, I haven't seen anyone do that I don't think. Most people choose to paint the inside black. It makes the headlights look like they're floating under the lens which is kind of cool.

I've heard a few people talk about painting the lenses body color, which I think would look really nice, but I haven't seen that done yet either. Someone did a good photoshop job on my car though:

I think it would look really sharp!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock