Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  88GT with 3800SC swap for sale $5,500 OBO (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
88GT with 3800SC swap for sale $5,500 OBO by Jrgicehc
Started on: 10-06-2010 08:34 PM
Replies: 118
Last post by: nitroheadz28 on 12-11-2011 01:18 AM
Jrgicehc

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2010 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcDirect Link to This Post
Well its time for me to sell my beast. I never intended to do it but things changed and I just dont have time or space for it anymore.

(more pictures at the bottom)

$5,500 OBO
88 Fiero GT 3800SC 5 speed, Red with beachwood interior. 116,807 currently on chassis.

Interior modifications
- Custom wood-grain in place of the stock dot-matrix
- 6x9 pioneer door speakers
- Pioneer 1 din head unit (older unit) with Ipod interface
- Lloyd mats floor mats
- Dickman Hurst speed shifter
- Glove box

Engine/ driveline mods
- Series II supercharged out of a 2000 or 2001 Grand prix, had somewhere around 70k on it when I acquired it
- ZZP XP Hot Cam with 105 springs and modified retainers http://www.zzperformance.co...php?id=117&catid=104
- Rollmaster Timing Set http://www.zzperformance.co...php?id=388&catid=104
- ZZP modular pulley system with 3.25 installed http://www.zzperformance.co...php?id=205&catid=111
- ZZP power log and custom exhaust with no cat
- Flotech afterburner muffler
- Spec stage 4 clutch http://specclutch.com/cars/...ac/Fiero/1988/Single
- FWD Getrag with Rodney conversion kit http://rodneydickman.com/ca...th=28&products_id=58
- Purple reign mounts https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/062388.html
- Setup was Custom tuned by New Era Performance in Rochester NY
- Dyno proven to 295hp and 305 lb/ft of torque (I will find the dyno sheet)

Suspension / wheels
- Lowered suspension (don’t ask me how, bought it that way)
- All poly bushings
- KYB struts
- GForce TA KDW tires
o Front 225/45r-17
o Rear 245/40r-17
- 17 inch Drag Dr 19 wheels
Exterior
- Mustang Decklid scoop
- Mecham scoops
- Fiero1fan dual 90mm headlight buckets with hella 90mm beams https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/049551.html
- Custom faded paint
Recently fixed issues
- Selector cable was replaced with a better than stock Rodney Dickman version http://rodneydickman.com/ca...th=28&products_id=37
- Installed Rodney steering rack bushing http://rodneydickman.com/ca...6_43&products_id=101

Problems (wish I had time to fix them)
- Clutch pedal fades due to a bad master or slave cylinder. Included with the car is a new master cylinder from the Fiero store and a rodney dickman aluminum slave cylinder.
- There is no e-brake, when I did the swap I had to cut the E-brake cables out of the car. Included with the car is all new e-brake cables from the Fiero store
- The headlights get stuck up and down when working, the motors are disconnected now. Included are new motors to fix this problem
- Check engine light stays on all the time due to not tuning out the secondary fan control.
- Paint is cracking, fading, lifting in spots. Needs a good paint job to look as good as it should.
- Trunk weather-strip is shot, (whos isn’t) and it needs those big push pins in the trunk carpet.
- Idles high (1,100-1,300 RPM)
- Sometimes the Speedo reads high.
VSS needs to be wired into the computer

The good…
I don’t drive this vehicle a whole lot anymore; actually it ends up sitting around for a few weeks at a time. I do have to say this thing has never failed to start for me. It always cranks right over and fires in seconds. Included with the vehicle are as many fiero / 3800 sc parts as you want. If you buy the car feel free to TAKE AS MUCH FIERO RELATED STUFF AS YOU WANT OUT OF MY GARRAGE!
Even with the fading paint, I get a ton of looks in it. If I had a garage to lay this thing up in over the winter and get all this done I would, but I just don’t have the time or space anymore. This is a great car. The previous owner treated it like a show car, he kept it immaculate. Unfortunately any time I had my hands on the vehicle I was trying to improve the swap instead of cleaning it. I hope my car goes to a great home.

Again its 5,500 OBO, PM me or respond here if you are interested. Car is located in Madison CT.

Pictures....
Click on the pictures and poke around on my web shots albums, there are more in there. I will try and get more pictures this weekend. Dont let these fool you, the paint is crap, I'l try and get some pictures of the defects.

Edited for mileage

[This message has been edited by Jrgicehc (edited 10-06-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jrgicehc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2010 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcDirect Link to This Post
Here is a video if the exhaust

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVORSX0fzsk
Luke

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2010 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LukeClick Here to visit Luke's HomePageSend a Private Message to LukeDirect Link to This Post
That's a great deal, sucks when I am building something similiar and will likely end up spending more than that.

Does it have a full trunk or was it cut for the exhaust?
Jrgicehc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2010 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Luke:

That's a great deal, sucks when I am building something similiar and will likely end up spending more than that.

Does it have a full trunk or was it cut for the exhaust?

Yes it has a full trunk, there are some pictures of the exhaust in one of those albums if you want to see it.
matts88gt

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2010 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for matts88gtSend a Private Message to matts88gtDirect Link to This Post
you have PM
ignorant prodigy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2010 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ignorant prodigySend a Private Message to ignorant prodigyDirect Link to This Post

you will miss it..

I'd buy it if i had the money.

------------------

87 Fiero GT- 98 L67 swap (SOLD)

86 Fiero GT - Even more beautiful than the first

Jrgicehc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2010 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ignorant prodigy:

you will miss it..

I'd buy it if i had the money.

Yea I know I will, had alot of good times with this car.

PM returned
jhempsrt4

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2010 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jhempsrt4Send a Private Message to jhempsrt4Direct Link to This Post
If I had the money I would buy this right now.
Gokart

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2010 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GokartSend a Private Message to GokartDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jrgicehc:
Yea I know I will, had alot of good times with this car.
PM returned

Yeah, so did we! We put about 10,000 miles on it when it had the stock V6. Good luck on your sale Jason!
Marc

edit: To let you know I had it lowered on all fours with The Fiero Store's lowering springs.
http://www.fierostore.com/P...px?s=59015&d=332&p=1
------------------

[This message has been edited by Gokart (edited 10-07-2010).]

ignorant prodigy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2010 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ignorant prodigySend a Private Message to ignorant prodigyDirect Link to This Post
hey Gokart,
that car doesnt have the seats you got from me does it? that'd be funny
Jrgicehc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2010 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart:

Yeah, so did we! We put about 10,000 miles on it when it had the stock V6. Good luck on your sale Jason!
Marc

edit: To let you know I had it lowered on all fours with The Fiero Store's lowering springs.
http://www.fierostore.com/P...px?s=59015&d=332&p=1

Yea its a great car, and now I know how its lowered. Thanks for chiming in Marc.
PFF
System Bot
Jrgicehc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2010 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcDirect Link to This Post
Bump
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 05:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Hey!!!!!!!!!!!1 Wait till I get home!!!!
Jrgicehc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2010 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcDirect Link to This Post
when are you coming back?
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2010 05:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
I'll pm you Jason....should be home near Xmas as always. You going to be around then?
Jrgicehc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2010 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcDirect Link to This Post
Yea I will be around, hows the mint 88?
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2010 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Still runs sweet as a kitten! I got a daily driver 88 gt with a 4.9 and ttops which I really enjoy. I still want to do a chop top and I need a hardtop or sunroof car to do it (actually for Archie to do it). Since yours needs paint anyway...why not! I am seriously thinking about it.
Jrgicehc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2010 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcDirect Link to This Post
Oh verry cool. this car as a chop top would be sweet.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2010 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
PM me your number. I am fairly certain it is in my phone but just in case....I'll call you when I get home. Can the motor be sorted out or does it need to be replaced?
Jrgicehc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2010 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcDirect Link to This Post
Hey sorry I haven't been checking this. The motor can definitly be sorted out, it runs very strong, just idles high for some reason. i'l pm you right now

[This message has been edited by Jrgicehc (edited 10-21-2010).]

Jrgicehc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2010 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcDirect Link to This Post
Bump
PFF
System Bot
Jrgicehc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2010 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcDirect Link to This Post
Bump Bump
Jrgicehc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2010 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcDirect Link to This Post
Bump
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2010 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
You have a PM...give me a call.
John
FieroMiami

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMiamiClick Here to visit FieroMiami's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroMiamiDirect Link to This Post
Bump
Stefan

[This message has been edited by FieroMiami (edited 01-14-2011).]

mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheDirect Link to This Post
People usually don't like it when you jack their for sale thread with your own sale. Just sayin....
Jrgicehc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMiami:

I am selling a swpaed car
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/055235.html
Stefan

Mine's way faster, thanks for the bump
talon67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for talon67Send a Private Message to talon67Direct Link to This Post
PM Sent
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
What a troll -__-
deezil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deezilSend a Private Message to deezilDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jrgicehc:

Mine's way faster, thanks for the bump

Oh SNAP!

FieroMiami

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2011 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMiamiClick Here to visit FieroMiami's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroMiamiDirect Link to This Post
Sorry about the hijack, your car is a 100% completed nice car, mine is perhaps more of a swap package for another GT. I did not really consider it as a competing product.... I edited my previous post
PFF
System Bot
RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2011 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
I showed this to my wife and died inside a little because I can't buy it.
stevekh

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2011 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stevekhSend a Private Message to stevekhDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.

Jrgicehc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2011 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcDirect Link to This Post
Responded
Engineering Kid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Engineering KidSend a Private Message to Engineering KidDirect Link to This Post
Is there a phone number or e-mail address you can be reached at?

I don't check this site very frequently but I'm interested in the car and have some questions for you.

Please get back to me at dc "at" daalco.com or 204 510-6289.

Thanks in advance
David.
Jrgicehc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 09:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RACE:

I showed this to my wife and died inside a little because I can't buy it.

let her drive it every one in a while. Tell her she looks good in a red sports car, you just gotta know the right things to say man

Jrgicehc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2011 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcDirect Link to This Post

Jrgicehc

901 posts
Member since Dec 2006
David, I'l send you an email right now.
Jrgicehc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JrgicehcSend a Private Message to JrgicehcDirect Link to This Post
BUMP
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2011 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post
I'm in the market for a Fiero, but I don't have enough to even make a reasonable offer..

Good luck with the sale.
cam-a-lot

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2011 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cam-a-lotSend a Private Message to cam-a-lotDirect Link to This Post
I am interested. please try to get me some pics underneath, suspension, cradle, trunk, all the usual rusty spots.

Any accidents? Does the clutch slip?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock