Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  powder coated intakes and valve covers (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
powder coated intakes and valve covers by Electrathon
Started on: 03-25-2008 12:45 AM
Replies: 133
Last post by: Kento on 09-29-2010 02:05 PM
Electrathon

Feedback score:    (39)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 254
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2008 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post
I am offering to powder coat your intake, middle plenum, upper plenum and both valve covers for a the low price of $100, you
pay shipping.

All 5 parts will be totally stripped, sandblasted and powder coated. I have sold a lot of work on this forum and have a lot of very happy customers. Your satisfaction is guarantied. I "grain" the exposed alluminum. The lower and middle intake will be done in alluminum powder. I generally use ruby red for the upper intake and valve covers, it is slightly more red than the factory color. I can do other colors but if I have to special order it there will be a $10 extra charge. Most orders will be in the return mail in less than a week, depending on responce here, and life issues.

Aaron

Edit to add:

My paypal is arw62@aol.com That is my prefered payment method. Then we are both protected.

Shipping is:
Aaron Williams
PO Box 1863
Gresham, OR 97030

If UPS:
342 SW 4th St
Troutdale, OR 97060

Please be sure to include your name and pennocks name. Also what I am doing and color. A phone number would be great too if there is a question. It is easy to loose track of what is going on and for whom.

[This message has been edited by Electrathon (edited 03-15-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
nismokidd12

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2008 04:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nismokidd12Send a Private Message to nismokidd12Direct Link to This Post
what colors could you do? im just checking on a few things. i havent got my v6 yet that im gonna have done but im checking on what colors you could do........if possible could you do either a flourescent purple or a plum purple?
Zoom88

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 137
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2008 06:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Zoom88Click Here to visit Zoom88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Zoom88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Electrathon:

I am for a limited time offering to powder coat your intake, middle plenum, upper plenum and both valve covers for a temperary low price of $100, you ship to me, I pay shipping back (in the US).

All 5 parts will be totally stripped, sandblasted and powder coated. I have sold a lot of work on this forum and have a lot of very happy customers. Your satisfaction is guarantied. This is a limited time offer. I "grain" the exposed alluminum. The lower and middle intake will be done in alluminum powder. I generally use ruby red for the upper intake and valve covers, it is slightly more red than the factory color. I can do other colors but if I have to special order it there will be a $10 extra charge. Most orders will be in the return mail in less than a week, depending on responce here, and life issues.

Aaron

Pm sent
MRBLUE87

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2008 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MRBLUE87Send a Private Message to MRBLUE87Direct Link to This Post
How much to do just the upper intake plenum and valve covers in red?
Dougie Murder

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2008 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dougie MurderSend a Private Message to Dougie MurderDirect Link to This Post
Same question as above...but they'll be coming from canada...

PM sent.

------------------
Dougie Murder
85 Fiero GT
Romeoliquorstore.com
Myspace

Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2008 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MRBLUE87:

How much to do just the upper intake plenum and valve covers in red?

If you just want the three parts done, $85.

If I am shipping to Canada, the three parts for $100, shipped or $115 total for 5 parts.

If someone has a bunch of spares sitting around, send me 3 sets and I will send you one set back coated no charge.

[This message has been edited by Electrathon (edited 03-25-2008).]

Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2008 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post

Electrathon

5233 posts
Member since Dec 2002

Originally posted by nismokidd12:

what colors could you do? im just checking on a few things. i havent got my v6 yet that im gonna have done but im checking on what colors you could do........if possible could you do either a flourescent purple or a plum purple?

I usually get powder from Eastwood. You can look at their site and pick from the colors they have. Translucent grape is likely what you are looking for. This will cost extra because it is a see through color. Meaning I have to coat them silver, then purple, then likely will have to clear coat. $125 total if I am doing this.
Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2008 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post
I have been asked how long I am going to have them at this price. I decided to do 10 of them, then the price goes back up to the regular $100 PLUS shipping. Shipping runs someplace between $20 and $35, depending on where you live. I have 3 tenative ones coming.
sjmaye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2008 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeDirect Link to This Post
Make that 4.

Looking for a box now. How quickly can you turn these around once you have it?
Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2008 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sjmaye:

Make that 4.

Looking for a box now. How quickly can you turn these around once you have it?

If all is perfect, and I have a spare (I have a non-engraved spare right now) I can send you one back the next day. If I have to start from scratch, it takes me in the best case 2-3 evenings to strip, sandblast and coat all the parts. I generally ship parts regular mail. If you are in a time crunch and want to pay the differance, I will send it back priority.

Aaron
sjmaye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2008 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeDirect Link to This Post
Sorry Aaron. After looking at it I think I am going to do something myself. It won't be as good as yours, but it I can't afford the time.

Thanks and sorry for jumping the gun.

Steve

[This message has been edited by sjmaye (edited 04-03-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
Mister

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2008 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MisterSend a Private Message to MisterDirect Link to This Post

I am for a limited time offering to powder coat your intake, middle plenum, upper plenum and both valve covers for a temperary low price of $100, you ship to me, I pay shipping back (in the US).

If you don't know Aaron he is a GREAT guy to deal with and IMO this is an awesome deal.
I already had the upper plenum powder coated ($80 - for just one piece)

------------------

T-Top ~HUD~LEDs ~Red Fieros~Carputer~Montreal Club

DRA

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2008 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRAClick Here to visit DRA's HomePageSend a Private Message to DRADirect Link to This Post
Great Guy! Excellent work!

Highly recommend him to anyone looking for quality product and wonderful service!

------------------
Dealing with failure is easy: work hard to improve. Success is also easy to handle: you've solved the wrong problem, work hard to improve.

DarkRanger4200

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2008 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarkRanger4200Click Here to visit DarkRanger4200's HomePageSend a Private Message to DarkRanger4200Direct Link to This Post
just got mine mostly cleaned up i'll mail them to you Monday if i can. sorry it has taken me so long.
Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2008 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys for the kind words. I really though that these would come in a little faster at this price ( I am trying to raise money to pay for my furnace, LOL).

To anyone thinking about this but is leary do to some of the quality of the other work you have seen. If you feel that my work is substandard in any way, I will make it right. You will be happy with the work or I will refund your money. You can't get any better than that.

Aaron
project34

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2008 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post

Thanks guys for the kind words. I really though that these would come in a little faster at this price ( I am trying to raise money to pay for my furnace, LOL).

You've been a member of this forum for some time, and have a very favorable "ratings bar," so I don't think that's a limiter of your potential business.

Perhaps the bigger constraint to your business is that like myself, many would like some powdercoated V6 valve covers having shiny, cleaned-up, factory "fins" on them, but those V6 owners simply don't have an extra set of those valve covers lying around for such a project.

I myself would really like to have some V6 valve covers powdercoated gloss black, and their existing "fins" polished smooth (possibly for chroming later locally), but I just don't have right now an extra set of V6 valve covers I could send you, because the valve covers I have are on my "daily driver" Fiero.

That obviously is not a criticism of your work, but simply a criticism of my current circumstances.

If you'd already had some cleaned-up, smooth-finned valve covers that were "ready to go" --- all except for the selection of powdercoated color --- that would change things considerably for me, and perhaps for a number of others as well.
Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2008 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post
There are a couple of reasons that I "grain" the fins. It is very close to the factory appearance. They did not polish them from the factory. Also, I have seen a few that people did try to polish out. The quality of the alluminum is not high enough to produce a nice finish. It usually looks pretty bad. It is not possible to powder coat them and then to chrome the fins. You could chrome them first, then carefully powdercoat then. You likely would have adhesion issues if you did this and it would be tough not to scratch the chrome when you were masking/unmasking. Similarly, I have clearcoated the fined areas and did not like the look. Clear also can tend to yellow over the years. I feel it better to just take some sandpaper every now and then to the fins.

I can do them any number of colors. I have about 20 choices here. It can be a big hassle having to try to come up with a specific oddity color.

I have one spare set of intake and valve covers here. If someone does want to pay a core fee and then send back their old ones, that is an option. I do not have a spare engraved intake, and no spare lower intake. One of the problems I have in getting spares is that I have my prices so low that I would have to use all of my profit (and more) to get spares.
DarkRanger4200

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2008 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarkRanger4200Click Here to visit DarkRanger4200's HomePageSend a Private Message to DarkRanger4200Direct Link to This Post
Shipped my parts out today by UPS
sjmaye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2008 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeDirect Link to This Post
Electrathon,

My situation has changed. it now allows me to send the valve covers, intake plenum, and I also included a box of stuff for either hi temp silver or silver/chrome. We can discuss those via IM when you get them. I will send a tracking number when I have it.

Steve
Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2008 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post

Electrathon,

My situation has changed. it now allows me to send the valve covers, intake plenum, and I also included a box of stuff for either hi temp silver or silver/chrome. We can discuss those via IM when you get them. I will send a tracking number when I have it.

Steve

Sounds good. Make sure you put your name and pennocks name in the box.
sjmaye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2008 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeDirect Link to This Post

Sounds good. Make sure you put your name and pennocks name in the box.

I hand wrote my name and address with a Sharpie along with my Pennocks name. I also have a standard UPS address label on it.

As mentioned above I included some pieces that need to be done in hi temp chrome. I think they are:Exhaust shields, starter cover, trans inspection plate, coil heat shield. bets I can remember.

I would also like to somehow get my larger bulkhead heatshield out to you.

I saw your posts on hi temp powders. I hope it will do the trick for me.

[This message has been edited by sjmaye (edited 04-03-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
88GTFormula

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2008 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent
Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2008 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post
They will look worse before they look better!
sjmaye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2008 05:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeDirect Link to This Post
Crap! Is that what they look like after you get them out of your oven when removing the paint? Or is it how they looked when they came to you?
Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2008 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post

Crap! Is that what they look like after you get them out of your oven when removing the paint? Or is it how they looked when they came to you?

That is from being in the oven on the clean cycle for about 20 minutes. Now I will be able to sandblast off the paint.
Fieroseverywhere

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2008 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereDirect Link to This Post
How about suspension springs? I have a set I want to have color matched. I can drive them over to you if you are interested in making a few extra bucks. Got an electro-static gun?

Shoot me a PM if your interested. Later.
Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2008 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post
And now, 24 hours later:
sjmaye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2008 04:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeDirect Link to This Post
I saw my package arrived to you yesterday. Yes, I am salavating.

Again, let me know your thoughts on the shields etc.
Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2008 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post

I saw my package arrived to you yesterday. Yes, I am salavating.

Again, let me know your thoughts on the shields etc.

Last night I got your intake parts burned in the oven. Next is sandblast. I can do that today, but tonight I am busy so I likely will not get them coated till Friday. Your shields are rather rusty, but I think they will clean up acceptably. Hopefully I will be able to finish them all over the weekend and they will be mailed out on Monday.
DarkRanger4200

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2008 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarkRanger4200Click Here to visit DarkRanger4200's HomePageSend a Private Message to DarkRanger4200Direct Link to This Post
who's parts are those that you showed getting cleaned and powder coated? they look great.
Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2008 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DarkRanger4200:

who's parts are those that you showed getting cleaned and powder coated? they look great.

They would be yours. I finished them last night.
PFF
System Bot
DarkRanger4200

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2008 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DarkRanger4200Click Here to visit DarkRanger4200's HomePageSend a Private Message to DarkRanger4200Direct Link to This Post
WOOHOO!! sweet thanks

------------------
"willing is not enough, we must do. knowing is not enough we must apply" -Bruce Lee-

Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2008 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DarkRanger4200:

WOOHOO!! sweet thanks

It is up to the PO from this point forwards.

Dougie, your stuff is in the mail too.
Dougie Murder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2008 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dougie MurderSend a Private Message to Dougie MurderDirect Link to This Post

It is up to the PO from this point forwards.

Dougie, your stuff is in the mail too.

Cool! i saw that the pkg was delivered on the 8th...that was pretty quick, i was suprised!
Let me know how it goes!

Thanks again!!

------------------
Dougie Murder
85 Fiero GT
Romeoliquorstore.com
Myspace

sjmaye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2008 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeDirect Link to This Post

Last night I got your intake parts burned in the oven. Next is sandblast. I can do that today, but tonight I am busy so I likely will not get them coated till Friday. Your shields are rather rusty, but I think they will clean up acceptably. Hopefully I will be able to finish them all over the weekend and they will be mailed out on Monday.

Great! Thanks. What are you going to coat the shields with? smoke chrome? Just want it to look good. Not cheesy.
Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2008 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post

Great! Thanks. What are you going to coat the shields with? smoke chrome? Just want it to look good. Not cheesy.

I likely will do them in high temp. They are pretty rusty and there is going to be significant pitting when they are sandblasted. High temp is not very glossy, is will look similar to the origional zinc coating. Otherwise I can use chrome smoke, they will have more gloss and be more of a dark silver color.
Dudeus

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2008 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DudeusSend a Private Message to DudeusDirect Link to This Post
Have you done any in any different colors? And is there any way you could completely shave off the silver parts to make it smooth?

[This message has been edited by Dudeus (edited 04-10-2008).]

Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2008 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dudeus:

Have you done any in any different colors? And is there any way you could completely shave off the silver parts to make it smooth?

I did a blue one a while back. It looked good, but red seems to be the most desired color. I can do them in any color you want, I have many colors here. It takes about a week to get a special color.

If you trimmed the fins off the texture would be differant where it was gound compared to where it was cast. I think it would look strange unless you did the total intake that way. If you want it done, I would powder coat it if you did it.
sjmaye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2008 04:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeDirect Link to This Post

I likely will do them in high temp. They are pretty rusty and there is going to be significant pitting when they are sandblasted. High temp is not very glossy, is will look similar to the origional zinc coating. Otherwise I can use chrome smoke, they will have more gloss and be more of a dark silver color.

Hi temp and similar to the original Zinc coating is fine. Thx.
Dudeus

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2008 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DudeusSend a Private Message to DudeusDirect Link to This Post

I did a blue one a while back. It looked good, but red seems to be the most desired color. I can do them in any color you want, I have many colors here. It takes about a week to get a special color.

If you trimmed the fins off the texture would be differant where it was gound compared to where it was cast. I think it would look strange unless you did the total intake that way. If you want it done, I would powder coat it if you did it.

Do you have any pictures of the blue one? I've only seen em in red :/
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock