Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  FS: I finally have a sub box for sale (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
FS: I finally have a sub box for sale by wikid_one
Started on: 07-26-2008 07:34 PM
Replies: 93
Last post by: Fiero1Fan on 01-29-2010 10:30 PM
wikid_one

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2008 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wikid_oneSend a Private Message to wikid_oneDirect Link to This Post
What I have is an under dash sub box that holds an 8" sub. It mounts in the same place as the stock Fiero subwoofer with very little modification to the car. The only mod required is to remove the bracket attached to the plastic heater core cover under the dash. If you would like to modify the one you have, you can simply remove the cover and drill out the rivets, but I am including a modified cover with my kit at no extra charge. Images are below.

Modified cover on the left in comparison to the stock one on the right.

The only sub I have used with this box is a Rockford Fosgate Punch. The diameter of the cutout is just over 7" (the specs for the sub say the size needed is 7-1/16", so it is slightly larger than that... approx 7-1/8") From my calculations... well, AutoCAD's calculations, the volume of the box is approx .26 cubic feet. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. I'd like to get $75 + shipping for the package. Again, the package is the sub box and the replacement cover. Shipping will likely be in the $12-15 range, depending on where you live.

Current Waiting List
MetroMatt (In Progress)
Winkie (In Progress)
Fiero1Fan - 2 boxes
Zman87gt
Bobadoo Funk
Dudeus
86SEin93003
inner city
slowGT
blkcofy
ICouldaBeenAV8

[This message has been edited by wikid_one (edited 09-04-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Vendetta

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2008 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
Hmm i woulda bought this one if i didnt just finish mine today. i will say i think yours looks a little better. Haha
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2008 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
You have a pm
wikid_one

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2008 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wikid_oneSend a Private Message to wikid_oneDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the compliment. I was planning on producing these on a regular basis, but I've decided to go back to school and finish with my degree, so I'm working two jobs now for some extra money. I've posted the diagrams and templates, as well as a process on how to build your own if that is something that interest you. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...ML/070793-2.html#p44
Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2008 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
did you sell the box yet. If not ill take it.
AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2008 05:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
That bracket is there for a reason. Well I know it is on my 88, it contains electrical components.

------------------
Jade Web Design - HostRoo Web Hosting - Fiero Shop International
When I was young I spent 80% of my money on fast cars, fast women and alcohol. I guess I wasted the rest.

wikid_one

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2008 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wikid_oneSend a Private Message to wikid_oneDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, you don't have to eliminate the electrical stuff. There is a lip on the back side of the dash, underneath the map pocket, where the removed bracket fits perfectly. I was refering to the radiator looking thing under the cover. I'm not sure what that is... some AC component maybe?
Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2008 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by wikid_one:

Yeah, you don't have to eliminate the electrical stuff. There is a lip on the back side of the dash, underneath the map pocket, where the removed bracket fits perfectly. I was refering to the radiator looking thing under the cover. I'm not sure what that is... some AC component maybe?

Heater core
Austrian Import

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2008 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post

Could you post more pictures. Maybe an under dash picture. I'm still a bit confused about what bracket that is. Does the "blue dingy thing" have to be relocated?

wikid_one

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2008 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wikid_oneSend a Private Message to wikid_oneDirect Link to This Post
First box is sold. I should have another one done on Monday. As soon as the rain stops, I will take a couple more pictures to show the bracket that needs to be removed, and how I have relocated the items attached to it.
Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2008 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
What is the max mounting depth im looing at the 2 ohm version of the punch http://www.subwooferboxshop...kford&Store_Code=SBS
PFF
System Bot
wikid_one

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2008 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wikid_oneSend a Private Message to wikid_oneDirect Link to This Post
I don't see any reason why that one wouldn't work. There is about 6.5" of depth to work with, so your speaker should be fine.
Emc209i

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
User Banned

Report this Post07-27-2008 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iDirect Link to This Post
What about weight though? I could surely fab more brackets to help support the enclosure, but for those lacking the skill, are you certain that the bracket you've included will support a heavy sub like the posted above?

Everything looks really good btw. I admire your efforts. I'd like to buy one further down the road if they are still available.
Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2008 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
thanks wikid, ill go with the dvc punch then and let everyone know how it works. I've been looking for a box like this for a while. I had a foot well one on the passenger side but it cut into the passengers leg room.
Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2008 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
I just got the sub box today, and i have to say it looks fantastic. The bracket is quite sturdy even with considerable pressure applied it doesn't flex easily. It should be able to hold the dual voice coil punch easily. Now to get my fiero back and get this installed.
N3M3S1S

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SDirect Link to This Post
I'm interested when more are ready.
wikid_one

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2008 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wikid_oneSend a Private Message to wikid_oneDirect Link to This Post
Just an update... dad has the garage quarantined from work right now because he's getting ready to paint his GT and has it all cleaned and dust free. Hopefully he'll be at a point by the weekend where I can get back in the garage and do some more work.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2008 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Cost?
InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2008 03:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Cost?

I'd like to get $75 + shipping for the package. Again, the package is the sub box and the replacement cover. Shipping will likely be in the $12-15 range, depending on where you live.
Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2008 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
It was about 85.00 Madcurl. I managed to snag the first one he sold. When he gets the chance to make more, hopefully, its well worth the price, their well made.
MetroMatt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2008 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MetroMattClick Here to visit MetroMatt's HomePageSend a Private Message to MetroMattDirect Link to This Post
I'll take one as soon as its ready. Maybe there should be a typed out queue (did i spell that right?) so we know where we stand. Granted mine isnt urgent since I'm still in iraq but when I get back I'd like to have one ready to throw in, sometime in november/december.

Question, will these work on a firebird dash swap as well? I plan on doing that in the first month or two after we get home and I hope this wont interfere.

PFF
System Bot
wikid_one

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2008 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wikid_oneSend a Private Message to wikid_oneDirect Link to This Post
Another update. Dad hasn't done anything on the car, so I took back the garage. I should have the box finished up either tomorrow or Monday. I'm waiting for the fiberglass to dry, and then I'll determine if I need another coat. If not it'll be time for paint tomorrow and will be ready to go by Monday.

As for the Firebird dash swap question, I really can't answer that since I don't know how much open space is under the dash. I would Imagine that you could always just cut out a little semicircle so that the dash fits around the box, but you will also have the glove box that could potentially cause problems.
Winkie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2008 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WinkieClick Here to visit Winkie's HomePageSend a Private Message to WinkieDirect Link to This Post
I may be interested in one or two of these. I built a center console box that I am not very happy with. I gotta check out the sub selection before I order one or not.

Ryan
Zman87gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2008 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Zman87gtSend a Private Message to Zman87gtDirect Link to This Post
I was hoping these were going to come back. I would love to get one if there are more to be made.
wikid_one

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2008 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wikid_oneSend a Private Message to wikid_oneDirect Link to This Post
I just put the last coat of paint on one. It should be available in the next day or so.
Zman87gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2008 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Zman87gtSend a Private Message to Zman87gtDirect Link to This Post
If no one has dibs I will take it. PM me your info if I have dibs. Thanks

- Zack
BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2008 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
ugh! i want one so bad... hope u make more!
Dudeus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2008 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DudeusSend a Private Message to DudeusDirect Link to This Post
I'd like one too. Put me down on that list man.
86SEin93003

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2008 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86SEin93003Send a Private Message to 86SEin93003Direct Link to This Post
put me down as well.
MetroMatt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2008 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MetroMattClick Here to visit MetroMatt's HomePageSend a Private Message to MetroMattDirect Link to This Post

Another update. Dad hasn't done anything on the car, so I took back the garage. I should have the box finished up either tomorrow or Monday. I'm waiting for the fiberglass to dry, and then I'll determine if I need another coat. If not it'll be time for paint tomorrow and will be ready to go by Monday.

As for the Firebird dash swap question, I really can't answer that since I don't know how much open space is under the dash. I would Imagine that you could always just cut out a little semicircle so that the dash fits around the box, but you will also have the glove box that could potentially cause problems.

PM and email sent! and a bump, not that it needs it
Zman87gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2008 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Zman87gtSend a Private Message to Zman87gtDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
PFF
System Bot
wikid_one

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2008 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wikid_oneSend a Private Message to wikid_oneDirect Link to This Post
Ok guys. I just went through the post, and all my PMs and made a list based upon when people requested a sub box. I've included dates, just so people can be sure I'm not picking and choosing (not that I'm accusing anyone, but you know how things get sometimes)

N3M3S1S 7/30/08
MetroMatt 8/3/08
Winkie 8/18/08
Zman87gt 8/18/08
Bobadoo Funk 8/18/08
Dudeus 8/19/08
86SEin93003 8/19/08
And I have a PM from Fiero1Fan. I believe he is towards the top of the list, but the PM is dated 5/15/08, which is before I started the post... so I'm not sure where exactly he goes

I will have a box finished this weekend. When I went to the store they were out of the coating I use, so I bought a different brand. It took longer to dry than I expected, so I gave it extra time to determine if it would dry, or if I would have to take it off and use something different.

I am also working on a process to make the boxes in phases so that I can work on two boxes (or more) at the same time. Originally I was laying the fiberglass for the top one box at a time. On the last box I made, I remembered to pull a couple negatives before I coated it so that I can have templates. This will allow me to make multiple boxes at a time much easier than before. As of right now, I have estimated my time at 1.5 weeks from start to finish (working on it just at night when I get home from work). This should hold true no matter how many boxes I work on at a time. I can only do one coat a night because I have to let each layer of fiberglass dry.

I'm not gonna kill myself making 6 boxes at a time, but I will do my best to up production since there is definite interest.

[This message has been edited by wikid_one (edited 08-21-2008).]

AkursedX

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2008 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXDirect Link to This Post
Add me to the list. I have a 10" footwell sub but I haven't had it in my car in ages. I have a Polk MOMO 8" sub which is perfect for this. It will give me another winter project.

If you need anymore info, PM me, if not, just let me know when you have it ready to ship and I'll get the cash to you.

------------------
'88 GT- 257rwhp 319rwft/lbs (9/07) 12.657@110.19mph 1/4 mile (8/08)
www.gmtuners.com

MetroMatt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2008 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MetroMattClick Here to visit MetroMatt's HomePageSend a Private Message to MetroMattDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by N3M3S1S:

I'm interested when more are ready.

Sweeet. Let me know if you arent interested in the next one up, cause I definitely am.

Thanks for the update mr wikid!!

Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2008 03:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post

And I have a PM from Fiero1Fan. I believe he is towards the top of the list, but the PM is dated 5/15/08, which is before I started the post... so I'm not sure where exactly he goes

just fit me in anywhere and I'll be happy!!
Zman87gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2008 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Zman87gtSend a Private Message to Zman87gtDirect Link to This Post
Very awesome! just PM me when you would like payment and I will be patiently waiting
Winkie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2008 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WinkieClick Here to visit Winkie's HomePageSend a Private Message to WinkieDirect Link to This Post
How are these coming along?

Ryan
inner city

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2008 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for inner citySend a Private Message to inner cityDirect Link to This Post
please add me to your list,and i pm'd you.thanks
wikid_one

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2008 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wikid_oneSend a Private Message to wikid_oneDirect Link to This Post
I've had a box done since Sunday. I sent a message to N3M3S1S, but have yet to receive a response. Looks like it is MetroMatt's turn.
MetroMatt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2008 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MetroMattClick Here to visit MetroMatt's HomePageSend a Private Message to MetroMattDirect Link to This Post
giggity! PM sent.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock