Aluminum cradle bushings? by SpeedWorksAutoTuning
Started on: 02-16-2008 12:00 AM
Replies: 121
Last post by: trod84se4spd on 06-16-2009 07:01 PM
SpeedWorksAutoTuning

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2008 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedWorksAutoTuningSend a Private Message to SpeedWorksAutoTuningDirect Link to This Post
I will be producing aluminum cradle bushings in a short run. They will be a one piece front and, a multi piece rear design. I am thinking of making 10 sets, unless a decent amount of people want some.

I will ship a set anywhere in the U.S. for $80.00 dollars.

I will edit this post with a list of names of people that will buy a set. First come first served.

I will also consider sending them out to be anodized but that will cost a premium, and will have to be paid in advance. I dont know how much extra yet. It all depends on the shop and how many I get in the same color. I can offset the price if I had a bunch of orders wanting the same color.

Bushing Orders:
8. blue87
13. TommyT913*

ADD 3/9/8:

I will continue to make theses bushings on a custom order basis, however since the quantity of orders will no longer be available they will not be offered at this price after these orders are filled.

------------------
S.W.A.T.

[This message has been edited by SpeedWorksAutoTuning (edited 03-15-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
War Hammer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2008 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerDirect Link to This Post
Hey,
Will these fit an '88?

Thanks,
~Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd
Coilovers
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

SpeedWorksAutoTuning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2008 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedWorksAutoTuningSend a Private Message to SpeedWorksAutoTuningDirect Link to This Post
These are intended for the 84-87 crowd. I believe the 88's are already solid mounted.

------------------
S.W.A.T.

mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2008 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaDirect Link to This Post
Here ya are:

--Allen

------------------
And it begins again...

1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2008 04:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
I'd probably be down for a set.
TorqueWench

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2008 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TorqueWenchSend a Private Message to TorqueWenchDirect Link to This Post
me too.
topher_time

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2008 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeDirect Link to This Post
Put me on the list! I'm definitely in for a set.
SpeedWorksAutoTuning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2008 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedWorksAutoTuningSend a Private Message to SpeedWorksAutoTuningDirect Link to This Post
ttt

------------------
S.W.A.T.

mswenson289

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2008 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mswenson289Send a Private Message to mswenson289Direct Link to This Post
add me in for a set you take paypal?
prostreet505

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2008 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for prostreet505Send a Private Message to prostreet505Direct Link to This Post
put me down for a set.

Craig
SpeedWorksAutoTuning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2008 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedWorksAutoTuningSend a Private Message to SpeedWorksAutoTuningDirect Link to This Post
I prefer paypal.

Nobody said anything about anodizing. You guys all want unfinished aluminum. Its 6061 t-6.

[This message has been edited by SpeedWorksAutoTuning (edited 02-17-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
SpeedWorksAutoTuning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2008 06:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedWorksAutoTuningSend a Private Message to SpeedWorksAutoTuningDirect Link to This Post

SpeedWorksAutoTuning

380 posts
Member since Oct 2007
tt
mswenson289

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2008 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mswenson289Send a Private Message to mswenson289Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by SpeedWorksAutoTuning:

I prefer paypal.

Nobody said anything about anodizing. You guys all want unfinished aluminum. Its 6061 t-6.

unfinished is fine with me.
Mike
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2008 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariDirect Link to This Post
There's only one flaw I can see with this design, and this is not a criticism just an observation, and that is how are these front mount going to clamp to the cradle. I have a set of darrell morse mounts and the front ones are in two halves. This means that they clamp onto the old bushing shell as you tighten the bolt, effectively locking them in place.
With this single piece design nothing is going to clamp onto the cradle so you are relying entirely on the fit of the bushing in the old bushing shell to get it solid. I know that on mine one side is ever so slightly loose so without the clamping effect on the old bushing I'd have a very sloppy mount.

Like I say this is not a criticism just an observation, it's great to see someone offering these at a good price but you might be better making that front mount in two parts rather than a single piece.

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

SpeedWorksAutoTuning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2008 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedWorksAutoTuningSend a Private Message to SpeedWorksAutoTuningDirect Link to This Post
the bushings have shoulders on them when you put them in you will put them so that the shoulders are on the outsides of the cradle. The cradle will not move unless the structure is bent, which at that time the last thing you have to worry about is a set of bushings. The bushings are a precision fit so there will be no slop.

Thanks for the concern though.

------------------
S.W.A.T.

fiero_silva

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2008 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero_silvaSend a Private Message to fiero_silvaDirect Link to This Post
Put me on the list for a set.

Al
blue87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2008 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blue87Send a Private Message to blue87Direct Link to This Post
Add me to the list too!

thanks!
mswenson289

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2008 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mswenson289Send a Private Message to mswenson289Direct Link to This Post
you have me down twice # 4,7 only need one set.
SpeedWorksAutoTuning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2008 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedWorksAutoTuningSend a Private Message to SpeedWorksAutoTuningDirect Link to This Post
I am sorry. I fixed it.

------------------
S.W.A.T.

fiero_silva

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2008 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero_silvaSend a Private Message to fiero_silvaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SpeedWorksAutoTuning:

Bushing Orders:

7. fiero_silva ( we will have to discuss shipping )

I have a US shipping address in Pembina, ND. So no worries on shipping to Canada

[This message has been edited by fiero_silva (edited 02-17-2008).]

SpeedWorksAutoTuning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2008 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedWorksAutoTuningSend a Private Message to SpeedWorksAutoTuningDirect Link to This Post
Ok, that will work

------------------
S.W.A.T.

PFF
System Bot
fatmerk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2008 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fatmerkSend a Private Message to fatmerkDirect Link to This Post
you can put me down for a set aswell. (i have a us shipping address in sweet grass, Montana)

[This message has been edited by fatmerk (edited 02-18-2008).]

fiero_silva

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2008 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero_silvaSend a Private Message to fiero_silvaDirect Link to This Post
Any idea when these will be ready to ship?
Modat5

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2008 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Modat5Send a Private Message to Modat5Direct Link to This Post
Please put me down for a set as well.
Thanks!

Matt
SpeedWorksAutoTuning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2008 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedWorksAutoTuningSend a Private Message to SpeedWorksAutoTuningDirect Link to This Post
I will be ready to start shipping in two weeks. I am going on vacation on Wednesday, and I will be back the Thursday next week. I will more than likely start shipping before the two weeks time.

Once I start making your set I will ask for a small deposit so that I know you are serious. If not, I will give your set to the next person in line until you are ready. I will PM everyone individually when the time comes so check your PM's starting late next week. I may be able to get a few going before I leave.

------------------
S.W.A.T.

[This message has been edited by SpeedWorksAutoTuning (edited 02-18-2008).]

SpeedWorksAutoTuning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2008 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedWorksAutoTuningSend a Private Message to SpeedWorksAutoTuningDirect Link to This Post
ttt

------------------
S.W.A.T.

SpeedWorksAutoTuning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2008 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedWorksAutoTuningSend a Private Message to SpeedWorksAutoTuningDirect Link to This Post
ttt

------------------
S.W.A.T.

dozol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2008 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dozolClick Here to visit dozol's HomePageSend a Private Message to dozolDirect Link to This Post
put me down for a set.

dominik
olaf_fiero27

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2008 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olaf_fiero27Send a Private Message to olaf_fiero27Direct Link to This Post
Very interested in ordering a set as well just had a few questions first. I've been running poly front and back and don't really mind the harshness of a good handling ride, just wondering as how how these solid mounts feel and if there are any significant handling improvments over the poly? I always thought that maybe with a little bit of flex with the poly should be stiff enough no? I mean it takes a toll on the car/motor/trans when everything is solid no play? But Just looking for some insight because I'm interested enough to ask and highly considering buying a set. Thanks
SpeedWorksAutoTuning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2008 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedWorksAutoTuningSend a Private Message to SpeedWorksAutoTuningDirect Link to This Post
I dont know if there would be much of a difference from poly to aluminum. I never used poly in my cradle. When I ran 18 inch wheels with 40 series tires, aluminum/delrin control arm bushings, and poly motor/tranny mounts, I didnt notice a difference in ride harshness at all when I finally got a chance to get some aluminum bushings in the cradle.

I just liked the idea that the 88's are solid mounted so why not the early ones. Seems like a good idea, seeing how we have enought problems with stuff moving the around back there as it is.

------------------
S.W.A.T.

87_special

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2008 05:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87_specialSend a Private Message to 87_specialDirect Link to This Post
I'd like a set also. How much do you need up front for supplies?
PFF
System Bot
TommyT913

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2008 07:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyT913Send a Private Message to TommyT913Direct Link to This Post
I'm in for a set as well.

TommyT
SpeedWorksAutoTuning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2008 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedWorksAutoTuningSend a Private Message to SpeedWorksAutoTuningDirect Link to This Post
I will not need anything for supplies. I will let you know when I am ready to make your set, and will request like a 20 sollar deposit to insure that you are serious about your set. These are made to order, like Jack in the Box, "I dont make it til you order it"

If you guys want you can prepay your order or your deposit. I will only take payapl for this to ensure both the buyer and the seller.
You can paypal to shaensai@hotmail.com

------------------
S.W.A.T.

A1MEFGT8488

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2008 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for A1MEFGT8488Send a Private Message to A1MEFGT8488Direct Link to This Post
Speed, I would order a set from you, but I'm in process of switching my 87 cradle to 88 cradle. The 88 cradle I bought did not come with the set of bushings. You stated that the 88 are already well mounted for stability. ?'s are: Where can I get a set of aluminum ones? or Should I just get a set of oem style prothane bushings?
Does the feel on the 87 with this bushing makes it more like 88 or better? I'm in no rush of answers and will be appreciated. Thanks.
SpeedWorksAutoTuning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2008 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedWorksAutoTuningSend a Private Message to SpeedWorksAutoTuningDirect Link to This Post
I havent realy taken a good look at an 88 cradle. I would have to get over to my buddies house and take a look at his cradle. I dont think a set of bushings would put you on the level of an 88's suspension, but I am sure it would help. Give me a few days, when I get back from vacation, and I will be able to give you better answers.

Or better yet, post a topis in the technical area, and I am sure you will get tons os answers.

------------------
S.W.A.T.

SpeedWorksAutoTuning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2008 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedWorksAutoTuningSend a Private Message to SpeedWorksAutoTuningDirect Link to This Post
ttt

------------------
S.W.A.T.

fiero_silva

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2008 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero_silvaSend a Private Message to fiero_silvaDirect Link to This Post
Cash at hand. Let me know by PM or email when my set is ready to be paid for.

Al
SpeedWorksAutoTuning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2008 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedWorksAutoTuningSend a Private Message to SpeedWorksAutoTuningDirect Link to This Post
pm'd

------------------
S.W.A.T.

87_special

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2008 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87_specialSend a Private Message to 87_specialDirect Link to This Post
Do you have any expected time frame for these bushings? I'm just wondering about when you might get to me.
SpeedWorksAutoTuning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2008 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpeedWorksAutoTuningSend a Private Message to SpeedWorksAutoTuningDirect Link to This Post
I will be starting when I get back stateside tomorrow. I will make as many duplicate parts as I can at once. so most orders will be done around the same time. I will say no later than the end of next week. After that those who prepayed will be first, those who put a deposit next, and then the remainder will be on a first pay basis.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock