Started on: 11-06-2007 12:41 AM
Replies: 308
Last post by: DIY_Stu on 08-30-2008 02:55 AM
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2007 12:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
SETS OF DEW WIPES IN STOCK
<EDITED> for number image

I'm selling a set of hand made outer dew wipes. I installed my trial pair (first set made) on my personal 87GT. They fit great these are made using the correct rivets so nothing protrudes from either side. these are made as close to factory as possible. Price is $100 for the pair. At this time I only have one other set. I can only make these as I have time so they are first come first serve. I have hardware for more on the way and have several people asking for them but haven't seen any money yet. I will take a list of those in need for the price I am asking. Fiero Store has them on the drawing table so no telling when they'll have them in stock. And there's no telling what their price will be since they'll have the market on them. These take me about 3-4 hrs to make so I will not take offers on them.

Price is $100 per pair.

I can offer single sides if needed

If you need a set post here and I'll get them made. I'll shoot you an email or a PM when they are ready for payment. I have seen others take payment up front and have problems during the process and then get bashed for it so I will not do that.

I am no longer using the core charge system, but I am honoring sales prior to March 15.

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 03-30-2008).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2007 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
For the NTFC crew I will be bringing sets to the unofficial November meeting.
Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2007 05:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
I'll take 2 sets. Cores will be in the mail this week. Make mine once the cores are there.
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2007 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
do they include new felt window guide thingermajigers? like seen in the first pic on the left side?
whats needed to install/un install the old ones?
seegeer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2007 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for seegeerSend a Private Message to seegeerDirect Link to This Post
good deal. i like to see people make stuff for the cars that are hard to get, put me down for a set after fierofan's are done, i already pme'd you with some info,

keep up the good work
spence
m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2007 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DIY_Stu:

At this time I have to do the core charge system since making the brackets is a difficult process and takes several hours to do. When was the last time you got paid for something you'd end up putting in the trash?

If you need a set post here and I'll get them made. I'll shoot you an email or a PM when they are ready for payment. I have seen others take payment up front and have problems during the process and then get bashed for it so I will not do that.

Make it worth my time and ill pull a bunch of cores so you can have plenty ready to ship.

matthew
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2007 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
$Rich$ How could I miss posting a full length picture. Sorry for that.

These are direct swap in pieces.

The middle pieces are there, but black on black doesn't show very well
All holes are punched, not drilled to eliminate metal particle contamination.

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 11-06-2007).]

DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2007 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post

DIY_Stu

2337 posts
Member since Jun 2007
OK I've just checked PM's and have found that I have left some questions unanswered.

Are the prices for shipped? No they are not. The cost is $100 plus shipping (As close to exact as I can get it.)

Can I pay $80 if I say I'll send the cores? Sorry again but no. If you chose to send a money order, check, or other form of mailable payment with cores then YES the cost is $80 because I receive the cores at the same time.

Can I pay less if I order one set and give two sets of cores? No the core charge is a core charge. Once my machinist gets back to me with the costs of having the metal parts punched out I will no longer need the cores. The core charge is to offset the amount of time spent making these parts by hand.

Can I send you a bunch of cores and get sets for free? No I'm not into trading. And should soon no longer need them.

Will you take $??.?? for them? The cheapest price you could get a set for was $49.95 each plus shipping. Now you can pick them up on ebay for more. The price set is the price.

I am no longer using the core charge price is $100 per set

DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2007 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post

DIY_Stu

2337 posts
Member since Jun 2007
Fiero1Fan's cores won't get here for at lease a week and I'll have more sets made by then. At this time I have one set ready to ship and one set almost assembled.
Seeger, I have a set ready to ship if you want them. Accept Paypal, Money Orders, Check.
lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2007 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasDirect Link to This Post
I'm a dew wipe noob...are any special tools/procedures required for removing the old ones and installing these???
If I can do this myself, that would help.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2007 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
When I replaced them on the 87GT I used

Phillips #1
Phillips #2
10mm socket w/ ratchet
10mm combination wrench
1 small helper

Needed a magnetic pickup tool with light fore retrieving the screws from inside the door.

Remove the inner door panel
remove the inner dew wipe
remove two end rubber seals.
With window all the way down remove nuts from mirror
remove all screws you can get to that hold in outer Dew strip.
Mark and remove upper window stops
Raise window until it stops
Mark and Remove 4 bolts that hold window rear track on place.
Lift up on window and slide rear track to back of door
Grab window and slide it toward back of door and make sure it's all the way up.
NOTE: rear tab may get in way of moving window up or back, with a little finesse you can push the tab out of the way for the window mount to pass over it.
Use #1 phillips screwdriver to remove last two remaining screws. #2 screwdriver shaft may be too big to slip under window.
Now reinstall in the reverse.
PFF
System Bot
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2007 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasDirect Link to This Post

When I replaced them on the 87GT I used

Phillips #1
Phillips #2
10mm socket w/ ratchet
10mm combination wrench
1 small helper

Needed a magnetic pickup tool with light fore retrieving the screws from inside the door.

What's a "small helper"?
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2007 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Well for me it was my daughter. She helped daddy hold the window up so he could slip the screwdriver under it.

I now have two sets available.
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2007 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasDirect Link to This Post
I will take 2 sets.
send me your paypal address and include shipping costs.

Thanks,
Lou
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2007 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
You sets were shipped out yesterday. Since Monday the Post office was closed for Veteran's day.

DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2007 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
bump
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2007 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasDirect Link to This Post
I got the wipes from Stu, I still haven't opened the box. Busy though... Nice packaging though.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2007 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Well.... OK.... It's just a triangular tube box..... but OK. I picked it to keep them safer from bends. Oh just wanted to say It only takes about a weekend day to make a couple sets of Dew Wipes so I'm keeping a number updated at the top of the page to display how many I have in hand ready to ship. If I have one set and you need two sets then it will just delay shipment by about a day depending on if my daughter will let me work or not.

Thanks again,
Stu
Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2007 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
Payment sent for 2 sets.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2007 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
They will be on their way Monday, Unless the Post office is open on Friday. I now have one more set made.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2007 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Bumpity^^^^Bump
PFF
System Bot
PineyCreek

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2007 03:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PineyCreekClick Here to visit PineyCreek's HomePageSend a Private Message to PineyCreekDirect Link to This Post
In case anyone's wondering, I emailed the Fiero Store about their aftermarket replacements. They wouldn't tell me their planned pricing, but they said they should have the full spectrum of dew wipes available within 6 months.

------------------
1986 SE V6, stock, auto, fastback. GT Trim and Body panels.

FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2007 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post
Here is the Michigan Fiero Club's Dew Wipe replacement guide (PDF) I found.

You will need a free PDF Reader like Adobe Acrobat Reader (huge 22mb) or Foxit Reader (tiny 2mb) download.

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 11-29-2007).]

FieroMonkey

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2007 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMonkeySend a Private Message to FieroMonkeyDirect Link to This Post
Wow. You get Kudos for going through all the trouble to reproduce these. And your price is more than fair!

Thanks for offering these to the community. +
SquishyBiscuit

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2007 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SquishyBiscuitSend a Private Message to SquishyBiscuitDirect Link to This Post
PM sent.

+ for your hard work.

Squishy
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2007 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the compliments guys I need them. It is literally pain staking work. My hands tell me how little they enjoy using a hole punch and the benders.

PineyCreek Thank you for getting the information. I still have doubts that they'll be less than $100 a pair. If they were $130 per pair they would still be worth it.

FierociousGT thank for the PDF I knew one was out there just forgot where I'd seen it.

FieroMonkey Thanks for the compliments. Need some?

SquishyBiscuit I received your PM and sent a reply.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2007 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Shipping has been right at $12 for each set being sent out. So I'll set that at the price for shipping.

$112 shipped

JCUOIT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2007 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCUOITSend a Private Message to JCUOITDirect Link to This Post
Mine just arrived. they came very well packaged in the triangular box and nicely wrapped with bubble plastic. the first thing i noticed was how thick and fluffy the widow guide thing looked in comparison to those that are in my car. It'll be nice to have something soft guiding the window instead of the flattened "window scratcher" thats in there now.

overall the workmanship is great. These look like they were made by GM or an Aftermarket company like YearOne.

this work is far better than anything i could have ever done, and likely for less money than i would have to invest to be able to do it so well.

over all i give them an 11/10.

I really have to hand it to you Stu, these are awesome parts. well made, good design, nice and simple.

Thanks a lot for the parts, and keep up the good work.

P.S.
if you have the time, could you find a way to make a replacement "decklid weatherstrip" and or Fastback trunk weather strip.
those items would have me coming back to spend more money.
Thanks
JC

[This message has been edited by JCUOIT (edited 12-02-2007).]

DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2007 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Part # 50155 Price: $62.95 is the decklid weathestrip from the fierostore
Part # 50154 Price: $182.95 is the GT trunk weatherstrip from the fierostore

Thanks for the kind words about the parts. I try hard to make them look as original as possible. The slotted mirror holes are the most difficult to make and take about 10 punches by hand to make overlapping each one to try to keep the flats straight.
JCUOIT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2007 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCUOITSend a Private Message to JCUOITDirect Link to This Post
63$!!! HOLY HECK. for a piece of rubber and some tabs. maybe i'll fab up something ghetto to keep the water out.

the trunk weatherstrip is pretty necessary, i wish i had some way of making that myself, 183$ is a lot. do you know of any similar material out there, Stu?

Thanks
JC
linuxpowered88

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2007 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for linuxpowered88Send a Private Message to linuxpowered88Direct Link to This Post
Ill take a set. but I wont have a full core. I picked up a set of just the rubber some time back. the product was fine my fab skills just suck. I messed these up pretty bad and ruined the parts on the old dew wipe. if you want the junk I have ill send it but i doubt you can use it. Just PM payment info and full price shipped to 37601 if its ok. Also would you have 2 extra screws for the wipes I stiped a couple and would save me a trip to the store if not its cool.
PFF
System Bot
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2007 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
I've seen the decklid weatherstrips pop up time to time from people who bought rolls of the stuff. I'll see what I can find as mine is missing on my coupe and trashed on my GT. Speaking of GT's I'll see what I can do about the trunk seal. The seal material I will look for but it'll have to be cut and glued in the corners. With a little Black Weatherstripping glue that may be doable.

Linux I don't have any extra screws. I hope I can find them all for my coupe when I put it back together. PM sent. I'm charging $12 for shipping US. International is priced on request. All shipments are insured, no ifs, ands or buts about it.
sjmaye

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2007 04:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sjmayeSend a Private Message to sjmayeDirect Link to This Post
Put me down for a set. PM sent
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2007 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTDirect Link to This Post

Shipping has been right at $12 for each set being sent out. So I'll set that at the price for shipping.

$112 shipped w/ core charge
$92 shipped without core charge

I think you got it backwards, shouldn't it be the other way around?

$112 shipped w/o core charge
$92 shipped with core charge

PayPal & PM sent...

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 12-04-2007).]

Fiero1Fan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2007 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanDirect Link to This Post
The $92 without core charge is for those who have present him their cores.
The $112 with core charge is for those who don't have cores.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2007 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
F1F is correct. The $92 is what is payed when I have the cores in hand. Core Charges no longer used

I keep the names of those that purchase wipes so if I get cores in the mail I can paypal them their core charge back.

I am now at zero ready to ship. xmas took my weekend. I do have the materials in hand and will get some made up tomorrow. I have two purchases that will mail out tomorrow USPS.

DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2007 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Was down to no stock for a few days but knocked out 2 on Sunday.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2007 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
I'm willing to sell my OEM Dew wipes for $125 shipped. they are out of the packages
tinman4982

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2007 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tinman4982Send a Private Message to tinman4982Direct Link to This Post

I'm willing to sell my OEM Dew wipes for $125 shipped. they are out of the packages

are these new and just out of the package? if so, and a set of left and right i'll take them. pm me how you want the money sent.

John
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2007 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Yes new and never installed. I bought them to put on my choptop but since I can shape the rub tabs any way I want on my own sets then I have better control than with the OEMs. They were only removed for measuring for my remakes and display for comparison at the local car club show. I've had them since April and out of packages for about 3 months.

Preferred payment method is paypal. And they will be shipped USPS insured.
Paypal stuart@diy-fiero.com
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock