Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  So, 48,000 People Support The Right To Bear Arms But Not The Right To Free Speech? (Page 5)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
So, 48,000 People Support The Right To Bear Arms But Not The Right To Free Speech? by Boondawg
Started on: 12-29-2012 11:08 AM
Replies: 196
Last post by: cliffw on 01-04-2013 06:37 AM
Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post01-01-2013 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

Then do so.

I don't believe I made that offer to you, or was even talking to you.
Your interest in this subject has already been examined & dismissed elsewhere.

Regardless, he would first have to offer an example as proof of his accusation, before I could disprove it.
That's first-day stuff.
IP: Logged
Doug85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2013 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post
Oh the indignation! Someone dare you call you out on your behavior?

Just in this thread:

You call people who differ from you Nazis

You called gun owners tools

You imply that PFF posters that differ with you are hypocrits

In this strange post you are implying that people who differ with you are slavers

Here you take a jab at patriotic religious beliefs and anyone that might hold them

This is classic passive aggressive name calling

All passive aggressive behavior. The passive aggressive does not attack people directly. They take indirect jabs at them until they get a reaction, then claim victim hood. Your classic victim card is being labelled or as you put it, put into a box. You constantly post from the left side of the isle then demand that no one ever call you a leftist. Or when things get heated you claim you are just asking a question when it is obvious you are making statements.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-01-2013 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2013 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

You failed on all counts.
You see in them posts what you want to see.
You came looking for me.

I can't help you with that.

I don't need to see you. I see your posting behavior which says it all. Even this post fits your pattern as I laid it out.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-01-2013 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doug85GT:

I don't need to see you. I see your posting behavior which says it all. Even this post fits your pattern as I laid it out.

Ok then, I can't help you with what you think you see.
Remember, YOU posted to me.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-01-2013 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Doug... Thank you.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-01-2013 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Doug... Thank you.

Thank you, thank you!

Oh, wait, that was for Doug................nevermind.

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 01-01-2013).]

Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2013 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by slims00ls1z28:

Like what's been said by others.

He is not a US citizen so I don't need or want his opinion. Nor is it protected by my constitution like my right to bear arms.

Unfortunately this is wrong. You may beleive that but the SCOTUS has ruled that your beleif is not true. The SCOTUS has ruled that both citizens and non-citizens are given equal protection from the Constitution by the 14th Amendment while in the USA. So he is protected by YOUR Constitution even if you wish he wasn't.
newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2013 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

Not in the least.

No and thank you for being someone willing to clarify their belief about it. Even though I may not agree I do appreciate it.
newf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2013 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

newf

8704 posts
Member since Sep 2006

You didn't?
You just called me something that was untrue.
And you would just have it go unanswered?

Did I come looking for you?
Did I call you anything?
Or even mention you?
You sought me out, to call me names.

However, If you still believe you are right, prove it.
It should be easy, right?
Because I can definatly prove you are wrong.

Ofcourse, all of this could just be a cover for hiding an azzhole.

Ha more people trying to pigeon hole you to assume they know how you think and what you are.

For some here it seems that if you don't agree with a certain set of ideals then you must be labelled and your opinions disregarded or chalked up to this or that. Grey is invisible to many for some reason yet when you press them they seem have many shades themselves.

But hell it sure makes things easier to keep track of when you can generalize and lump people together and say "them" doesn't it?

[This message has been edited by newf (edited 01-01-2013).]

Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2013 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post
Haven't you guys gotten the memo?

Some people here know you much better than you know yourself.....and are quite eager to share their clairvoyant revelations with we mere mortals.

Pray they use their powers for good instead of evil.

PFF
System Bot
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2013 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Actually, you are what others see you as, not what or how you would like folks to see you.

Lots of examples to pick from but, it is a falsehood to say that I am something and then to demonstrate other than that.

Consider Gladiators (they aren't here to defend themselves) who performed in the "games" for the Emperor.

They killed and maimed those they fought against and yet they were not considered murderers. Yes, the times were different but the victims are no less dead.

Your boss's opinion of you as a worker is precise and on target. You either are or are not or only a percentage of his idea of a good employee.

That band you like, I think sucks. Doesn't matter who's opinion is most popular, but it does matter as far as sales go. So, if the majority of folks think I'm an angel, then, that be what I am. Or, the opposite could be true. Doesn't really matter what I think I am, what I project is the image and person I am. I may not be projecting that image very well but, the audience determines whether or not they like what they see, hear and read and what that image represents to them.

Doni might be a great drummer to me and to many others, that doesn't mean he's a great drummer to all. Any time human judgement comes into play, the variables take over and one is no longer in control. So, to some, I'm an angel, to others, not so much. The only thing they will all agree on is just how good looking I really am.

------------------
Ron
A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury.
So, what do ya think, are we there yet?

Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2013 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doni Hagan:

Haven't you guys gotten the memo?

Some people here know you much better than you know yourself.....and are quite eager to share their clairvoyant revelations with we mere mortals.

Pray they use their powers for good instead of evil.

You have been on this board longer than me. Are you telling me that you do not have a feel for how other long time users post? You can pick most political subjects and I'll bet you could take an educated guess pretty close to how I would feel about them from what you have already seen me post.

You and newf are honest and straight forward with your opinions. You are not playing a game of obfuscation. Even though I disagree with you two on many things, I can respect your opinions because your opinions are clear and so are your motives.

In political discussions, I cannot say the same of the OP. He thinks he puts up a smoke screen but everyone sees through it. I prefer to have an honest disagreement to someone playing a shell game.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2013 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:
Actually, you are what others see you as, not what or how you would like folks to see you.

We are all legends in our own minds, .
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-01-2013 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doug85GT:

In political discussions, I cannot say the same of the OP. He thinks he puts up a smoke screen but everyone sees through it.

Once again you are telling me what I think.
The only reason you still won't see it is because it does not fit what you want me to be.

As far as what "everyone" see me as, I find it disingenuous that you think I believe you can speak for "everyone".

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 01-01-2013).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-01-2013 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post

Doni might be a great drummer to me and to many others, that doesn't mean he's a great drummer to all. Any time human judgement comes into play, the variables take over and one is no longer in control. So, to some, I'm an angel, to others, not so much. The only thing they will all agree on is just how good looking I really am.

I had to reread that several times. I swore it was me saying it?!

But seriously, I would not sign the petition. I have no need to. Yes, I do not like the guy, and yes, he is an egotistical little prick, and he has more money than God, but I would not sign it. I am comfortable with most of the laws pertaining to guns. I am not going to go out with a last horah like these LOSERS that have been for the millenia. I am going to die of old age in my Fiero yelling, faq ya as I die a happy man. But, I do want to be able to protect my loved ones, AND my human counterparts from LOSERS that are hell bent at anything to destroy those human counterparts. And many animals too.

Why can this Pierce Morgan have a say about guns, but I cannot?

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-01-2013 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Actually, you are what others see you as.......

Actually, that is not true at all.
I'm sure I don't need to explain way.

Just start with the subjugated.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2013 02:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Okay, doesn't matter to me.

It's your fantasy, enjoy it while it lasts.

------------------
Ron
A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury.

slims00ls1z28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2013 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for slims00ls1z28Send a Private Message to slims00ls1z28Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

Unfortunately this is wrong. You may beleive that but the SCOTUS has ruled that your beleif is not true. The SCOTUS has ruled that both citizens and non-citizens are given equal protection from the Constitution by the 14th Amendment while in the USA. So he is protected by YOUR Constitution even if you wish he wasn't.

Ah yes it would seem I shot first before looking in this instance. I don't know this guy, never watched his show, and only read the cliffnotes of this fiasco. Even though I know it involved "deportation", I had a brain fart still didn't put 2 and 2 together that he lived here reguardless of nationality. Don't know why I was under the impression he was saying this from across the pond. In which case you are correct, and I was not, he currently lives in US soil and therefore afforded the same protections. No harm no foul.

As far as you thinking that I wish he wasn't you are wrong. I could actually care less about him or what he says. He as a british citizen can run his mouth about his dislike for my "assault weapons" all he wants, but he cannot do anything about it to include pass legislation that would do otherwise so, so he is free to speak his mind about it. My belief is his beliefs about our policies are irrelevant and since he cannot vote to change them, my belief holds true. I hope he holds true to his word and willfully moves out if the gun laws don't change.

Yeah, but you are from Canada, so your thoughts don't count and i'm not exactly sure you can even speak them.
Not being American, the right of free speech is not yours.
Sure, it's a "God-Given" right, but God chose America above ALL others as his favorite.
You didn't know God was strickly 100% American?!
Stupid Canuck!

Yawn

Back to answering your original question yes it would appear that 48K+ amount believe in one and not the other.....Doesn't matter because free speech applies to them as well too, fortunately they have the right to vote in politicians keep their views and he does not so again theirs matters and his really does not (Piers Morgan).

[This message has been edited by slims00ls1z28 (edited 01-02-2013).]

Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2013 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwDirect Link to This Post

As far as you thinking that I wish he wasn't you are wrong. I could actually care less about him or what he says. He as a british citizen can run his mouth about his dislike for my "assault weapons" all he wants, but he cannot do anything about it to include pass legislation that would do otherwise so, so he is free to speak his mind about it. My belief is his beliefs about our policies are irrelevant and since he cannot vote to change them, my belief holds true. I hope he holds true to his word and willfully moves out if the gun laws don't change.

It's all good in my book, I didn't realize you thought he was out of the country so please know I meant no ill will. I meerly did not know so, yeah my bad .
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2013 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, but you are from Canada, so your thoughts don't count and i'm not exactly sure you can even speak them.
Not being American, the right of free speech is not yours.
Sure, it's a "God-Given" right, but God chose America above ALL others as his favorite.
You didn't know God was strickly 100% American?!
Stupid Canuck!

Yawn

No matter what Boondawg thinks I think about what he thinks, he was being sarcastic.
PFF
System Bot
slims00ls1z28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2013 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for slims00ls1z28Send a Private Message to slims00ls1z28Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

It's all good in my book, I didn't realize you thought he was out of the country so please know I meant no ill will. I meerly did not know so, yeah my bad .

IT's all good, this aint my first foray into political topics on forums, just this one. You were defending a position as was I, mine turned out different once my brain took back over. I can also admit when I was wrong. No harm now foul.
slims00ls1z28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2013 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for slims00ls1z28Send a Private Message to slims00ls1z28Direct Link to This Post

slims00ls1z28

46 posts
Member since Apr 2012

Originally posted by cliffw:

No matter what Boondawg thinks I think about what he thinks, he was being sarcastic.

Yep I got that.
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2013 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post

The only thing they will all agree on is just how good looking I really am.

That's true. I've heard you're absolutely adorable.....

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-02-2013 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Actually, you are what others see you as.......

Okay, doesn't matter to me.
It's your fantasy, enjoy it while it lasts.

It is what it is.
I will NEVER allow someone else to tell me who I am.
Never.
If that's a fantasy, I can live with it.

As an example, there are some here who delight in telling me who I am..................and they have NEVER MET ME, or met anyone that HAS met me.
Yet they will tell me who I am?
Yeah, I can't allow that, fantasy or no.

If anyone needs practice to prove my point, just go tell your wife who she "is".
Make sure to tell us what hospital you will be at, we'll send flowers.

P.S. I'm ok with it not mattering to you. Why should I expect it to? I don't know you!

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 01-02-2013).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2013 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

As an example, there are some here who delight in telling me who I am..................and they have NEVER MET ME, or met anyone that HAS met me.

Piss poor example. I have never met Nobama, nor Paris Hilton. We all lie to ourselves. You can be whoever you think you are. I don't know who you are. I think I do. Everybody thinks I am crazy but me. What is their problem ?
I have not seen anybody define you. I have seen them assign meaning to your posts. Which, instead of clearing up any misconceptions, you just deny. Getting over denial is the first of the twelve steps.
carnut122

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2013 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post

IT's all good, this aint my first foray into political topics on forums, just this one. Y.

First timer? May God bless and protect you!

[This message has been edited by carnut122 (edited 01-02-2013).]

Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post01-02-2013 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by carnut122:

First timer? May God bless and protect you!

I don't think even one's god can protect them when they wade out in this muck..
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2013 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doni Hagan:

That's true. I've heard you're absolutely adorable.....

Yeah, I keep spreading that rumor.

------------------
Ron

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-02-2013 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Getting over denial is the first of the twelve steps.

I will deny anything applied to me that isn't true.
Why that is hard for others to grasp, I have no Idea.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2013 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

Why that is hard for others to grasp, I have no Idea.

Hmm. Hitler didn't think he was a monster either. Either was the wrong word.
The thing is, we all think a lot of ourselves. Good, bad, indifferent. Myself, the opinions of others is a good reflection for me to reflect upon.
Like it or not, you are just as guilty of assigning motives to the posts of others as I/we am/are. Whether you declare it or not.
PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-02-2013 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Hmm. Hitler didn't think he was a monster either. Either was the wrong word.

But you left it in.
And actually repeated it.
Cute.

To counter your point, many men have been exonerated after people tried them as a murderer.
So just because they seen him has that (and was even shown evidence that he was), that made it true?
Obviously not.

Just because people see you as something don't mean that's what you are.
No one can ever tell me what I am.
Only what they think I am.

But thinking it still don't make it true.

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 01-02-2013).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2013 05:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

But thinking it still don't make it true.

You are correct. What you think you are doesn't matter. Blackrams thinks he is cute. Or was that adorable ? He is wrong too, .
What I am hoping to get you to see, ... is that we are not who we think we are. We strive to be a certain way. We can't also award ourselves a medal for achieving our goal.
Granted, I have been perceived as a much worse person than I was. I was and am not, but my actions led to the perception.

Your edit.

What led to the exoneration of those innocent men ? Answer ... more evidence for them to be judged by.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2013 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35957 posts
Member since Jun 2003

What led to the exoneration of those innocent men ? Answer ... more evidence for them to be judged by.

Forgot to mention, once they had been judged, the onus was on them to prove their innocence.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2013 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

What you think you are doesn't matter. Blackrams thinks he is cute. Or was that adorable ? He is wrong too, .

Whoa!!!, Say it ain't so.......................... ;(

This is something I may not recover from.

------------------
Ron

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-03-2013 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

You are correct. What you think you are doesn't matter..

I can't be, because I didn't say that.
I said "What they think I am don't make it true".
On that, I am correct.

I guess others don't or won't get it.
Others cannot tell me what I am.
I will never allow it.

And It's really not about what I know about me, it's about what they don't know about me.
They just don't have the access.
The very best they can do is guess.
But that's all it is.

Does anyone but me know I once I pulled a sleeping lady & 3 sleeping kids out of a burning mobilehome, rendered aid, and then faded away when fire and medical showed up?

Who but me could ever know me better then that.
No one will ever tell me what I am.

Oh, and P.S.
Just to end that silly notion that I don't stand for or defend anything, this should squash that; I will NEVER let anyone tell me who I am.
That should end that.

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 01-03-2013).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2013 06:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post

You are correct. What you think you are doesn't matter.

I can't be, because I didn't say that.

Let me rephrase that. What you think you are doesn't matter ... to others who think differently.
Don, I ain't jumping on any bandwagon. The assessment others have voiced, I see merit in. You are right, we don't know you. Perhaps this quote will illustrate it.

"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows!"

We can not know how good you are, how bad you are, or what kind of message you are posting for us. Unless you tell us.
Boondawg, you are good in my book (and the book of many others). maryjane once described us as kindred souls. I look up to some of your attributes and wish to emulate them, just as I do others on our forum. I am glad to have your input into many threads which you once refrained from. I value the opinion of a good man, even if I do not agree.
I would have to say this. If you are being misconstrued, in the words of Strother Martin from the 1967 film Cool Hand Luke, and repeated by Buford P Justice (Jackie Gleason) in Smokey and the Bandit ...

"What we have here, is a failure to communicate".

I wish you well buddy. Now that you have settled into your groove, may it become more groovy this new year.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock