Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Anyone else worried about being murdered by a family member? (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Anyone else worried about being murdered by a family member? by Tony Kania
Started on: 05-04-2011 05:50 PM
Replies: 98
Last post by: hugh on 05-08-2011 08:42 AM
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post05-04-2011 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Robert D. Christiansen...... The name of the man that is threatening my life. This is a true sotry, and I am writing it for my own piece of mind.

(A lot of lost babble, but you can understand due to my nerves being wasted. )

Back story....

I moved to Spokane, WA about 5 years ago. I met Amy on a cruise, and fell in love her. We dated long distance for several months, when she asked if I would want to move to Spokane, from Detroit, with her. After about a nano seconds thought, I began preparing my life for the move. I packed up my belongings, had a shipper move them to my new city, and went about my business of being happy.

Well, that lasted for about 4 days. While unpacking, Bob decided to introduce himself to me while Amy was at work. All good by me. Up until he pulled a gun out, and put it to my face. Now, I have been shot at, robbed, and beaten in my day, but this left me unpreparred for the onslaught of hate by this guy directed towards me. While the gun was in my face, I could see the jacketed bullet down the chamber of his .38. My first reaction was to swing for the gun, and I landed up knocking it out of his hands on the first swipe. I picked up the gun, began to let Bob have an earful, then I tossed his precious little pea shooter into the street. Needless to say, this was only the beginning.

Fastforward two years, and pretty much more of the same crap from this turd. Constant berrating, immeasurable disrespect, and several instances of death threats have come my way from him over the course of me dating his daughter. (We are nearly 40 years of age!) It came to a head about 3 years ago when he came to the front door with another one of his guns in hand. (He carries 2 to 3 at all time. I mean he does deliver papers for a living ) He demanded that I meet him outside for a talk. So, I went to the stash, and opened my front door with a loaded 12 guage. I asked him who is going to be the better shot, and that ended the conversation. (I am a superior shot. ) No police were ever involved. But, I will say that he was the only man that i have ever had real fear for. He has a history of off the wall responses to situations, and he does not think things through before he acts. That is what scares me. He has that thousand yard stare 24/7.

Sometime last year, we made piece for the sake of my upcoming child. Bad mistake on my part. Because on the Monday after Easter, we were at breakfast with Amy, my son, her brother and sister in law, and Bob. The conversation of religion came up, and Bob told me that my opinion of my son doesn't count, because I do not go to church! (Amy does not attend, but believes.) I asked him to repeat himself, and well, he did. So, I let him have a big faq to his face, and he jumps out of his seat, and puts up his fists. (The guy does have a mental history.) I am no pussie, but Amy, and my 6 month old son were there. No battles allowed. I need to maintain during certain instances, and after a lifetime of trials and tribulations, I know when to choose my battles. I went outside, sat in the car, and waited for my family to come out.

Now, for the juicy stuff....

On Saturday, Bob proceeded to call constantly, knowing that Amy was not home. I never even picked up the phone. I just let it be. So, on Sunday, when he started his calling again, I picked up. I told him that his daughter is not home, and that everytime that he calls, he wakes Benjamin. So, for the next several hours, he would call, hang up, call hang up, call hang up..... All to upset Benjamin so that I would be upset? That was his plan, and the one that he told his wife?! About 1:30pm I decided to give him a call. He answered?! I asked him to stop disturbing my son, and that Amy would call him later. He began to tell me how he is "going to end me. My days are numbered. My life is nothing, and that I should not leave the house." This went on for a while, and I actually kept my cool. Really, I was being a smart a$$, but he deserved it. Even after this, (I am used to his empty death threats, but he does say that he is "going out in a blaze of glory.") I held strong, and did not fear him.

Then he said this...."Your son is not of God, and he is a bastard child in the eyes of the lord!" All because Amy and I are not married. (She was married before, and lost he husband to cancer. Nuff said.) Now, feel free to attack me. I actually enjoy it, and bumps and bruises is what my body was made for. I can take just about any pain, but the pain of hearing another man, especially the grandfather, say those words, threw me over the edge. I began my tirade, and never let him talk again. He hung up. Amy called him later, to get his side of the story, and he denied everything. Of course. Amy believes me. She knows how he is. But just that denial boiled my blood.

Since Saturday, I have not eaten anything. Maybe a sip of noodles, or part of a mac and cheese dinner. To upset. To frazzled. I am sick of looking out my window. So, yesterday I made a police report about his threats, and actions. My friends know that I am very self sufficient, and can take care of any situation, but with Benjamin in the picture now, I needed to do something more serious. I don't know if they picked him up yet, but I sure hope that it is soon. I am going in the morning to file a protection order against him for Benjamin, and myself on the recommendation of a friend in law enforcement. But, with him, it will only infuriate him more, and I will need to watch myself more out in the open. He owns in excess of a hundred weapons, and they are scattered around his home, loaded, stashed everywhere.

I guess that I am writing this, because no joke, if anything happens to me, I want it known who is most suspect. I have caught him sitting in front of my house, and this is so very much not over. I only see this as ending badly if the police do not catch him soon.

I pretty much keep my personal life just that, and now this is something that needs to be public. Having fear of a guy that is not on the human band wagon really makes your days hell. I will let you all know what becomes of this.

The last time that he will ever hold my son!

Thanks fo reading,

Tony Kania

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
The whole situation just seems completely fkk'd up... not cool
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
Move. You moved there for her, she should be willing to move for you.
PM at you.
avengador1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
You handled this wrong from the beginning. You should have involved the police from the beginning so there would have been a record of his actions. You also should have recorded some of your phone conversations as evidence against him. You need to get a restraining order out against him and maybe move far away as another safety measure. One day you won't be so lucky and your child will be fatherless.

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 05-04-2011).]

TK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post
What is Bob's relationship to the child? I couldn't find it. That will dictate how to approach this. As said above, you might have to just move. Hopefully the mother sees it that same way.

Frankly, you need someone to help you throttle him so you don't have to always get to the threat of physical violence. The fact that guns have come out already doesn't bode well for the outcome.

I don't know about linking this to the other thread since this is not SOP for most believers let alone Christians. Yeah, it gets ugly sometimes but this is rare.

[This message has been edited by TK (edited 05-04-2011).]

FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
MAN...Good luck, buddy!!!!
fierobrian

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobrianSend a Private Message to fierobrianDirect Link to This Post
man i dont know what to say . that is so messed up , hope the old prick flatlines SOON WISH YOU AND YOUR THE BEST !!!!
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-04-2011 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
The linkey is because he said that I do not matter in my sons life because I do not believe!

He is/was the grandfather.

I won't move. No one is going to place me. I have earned the right to choose where I live. This is where I want Benjamin to grow up. We live in a pretty good neighborhood, and I am not willing to give that up. Actually, Amy is the one suggesting a move.

I so should have had the law involved from day one. My mistake, but like I stated earlier, I handle things. (The law would have been the better route in hind sight.)

Tony
TK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

The linkey is because he said that I do not matter in my sons life because I do not believe!

He is/was the grandfather.

I won't move. No one is going to place me. I have earned the right to choose where I live. This is where I want Benjamin to grow up. We live in a pretty good neighborhood, and I am not willing to give that up. Actually, Amy is the one suggesting a move.

I so should have had the law involved from day one. My mistake, but like I stated earlier, I handle things. (The law would have been the better route in hind sight.)

Tony

Grandfather. That one. Do you have any hope with aunts and uncles or other relatives? My guess is no.

About the only thing you can do is make it clear that every move he makes will be reported. I doubt that will sway him due to his personal convictions though.

Not moving might satisfy your pride but not your family's safety. That has to come first. Outside of that you can only hope there is someone influential that can throttle him. Maybe some exaggeration will get you some help. Just make it plausible.

No doubt his comment that "you do not matter" is an example of religious extremism but it's hardly common. It's certainly old school for sure but as we move forward, the young people are showing more tolerance than we experienced.

You are going to have to just out-live him and not do the same.

[This message has been edited by TK (edited 05-04-2011).]

DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Direct Link to This Post
Funny thing is, the only guy in my life that has ever really harmed me, looks exactly like the guy you have pictured.

My story. My best friend Roberts parents house was only about a mile away from the ranch I use to rent. So every weekend Robert would have to go visit his parents because they for some reason they insisted that he work around their ranch, he was mid twenties at the time. But most of the time he would stop by my house on his way to his parents. I never thought much of it. I was always working on my kit car, or some car from work. Robert would stop by, hang out, BS, and lend a hand on whatever I was working on. It was fun, we just relaxed played around with cars.

Well one day, I was working on my kit car, when Roberts dad comes flying down my road and skids to a stop at my house. He jump over my 3 foot fence and come charging up to me. I smiled and greeted him. He get right into my face, not 2 inches from my nose and started screaming nonsense about Robert working for me every weekend and that I wasn't paying him, and that Robert was a good boy and I walked all over him, etc, etc, etc. I couldn't understand what he was talking about, so I tried to explain that Robert just came and hung out. Well he didn't want to hear that and knocked me to the ground and began fighting with me. He was holding me on my back and was choking me. I started to black out, my girlfriend at the time saw what was going on and started screaming at him to stop. He told her to **** off. Finally he did stop, and got up and left. I called the police, they came out, took a report, they asked if I wanted to press charges and have him taken to jail. They warned me if I did, he would be out the same night and probably more upset and it might cause more problems. So I didn't press charges. His wife came down while I was talking to the cops, she told me it was my fault for aggravating him. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. They both were so completely out there it was insane. Anyone that has every met me can tell you, I am the most even tempered guy in the world. I never have anyone upset with me.

After this was all done his wife told me to not tell Robert what had happened. I agreed. But of course the second she left I called Robert and told him everything. He was floored. He said all he ever told his parents is that he would stop by my house on the weekends. He would talk about the cars I would working on, but never mention that he was working on them himself. So he had no idea where all this came from. To this day his parents have never told him this happened.

Tony, I was scared. I still am. I found out later he had a stroke a few months before that incident. And that ever since the stroke he was crazy. I often wondered if I should have pressed charges. I just feared if I did he would come back and make more problems. In the end I moved. I have never talked to him again. But that's not an option for you. I feel you did the right thing going to the police and posting this. Just try to cut as much contact as possible. And also don't fuel the fire. If he baits you into an argument, take the high road and change the subject or leave. Its not worth it. Crazy people will never listen to logic, its a waste of time, it will only get your blood pressure up.

[This message has been edited by DeLorean00 (edited 05-04-2011).]

crazyd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 140
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazydClick Here to visit crazyd's HomePageSend a Private Message to crazydDirect Link to This Post
As usual, the religion is just a fairly-obvious cloak for the real story behind all this. He's a father with the inevitable protective instincts for his daughter. We men go on and on about how difficult and crazy women are, but I've come to the conclusion that most of the sh!t that makes women crazy all comes from US. Between the accumulated inexplicable behavior over many decades from ex-boyfriends, ex-husbands, brothers, "friends" and most of all FATHERS, it's no wonder so many women have such a warped view of men. We are, at once and in varying degrees, the best and the worst things that will ever happen to most women, just as women are to us. But we get over it and move on in a way that is much more difficult for women to do. Every new one that comes into my life makes me wish I had the MIB flashy-thing to erase their past.

So, my suggestion to you is that you cannot "handle" this, as much as you think you should, because I have no doubt that anything you try to do will only make things worse. It's got nothing to do with you and religion, it's all about you and her. That's his little girl, and she always will be in his eyes. Seen that Subaru ad where the father's handing the keys to the little 8-year-old girl in the driver's seat, and telling her to be careful, then the camera cuts back to her being 16? I know that one resonated powerfully with every father of a once-little girl out there who is now a grown woman.

I think the only way for this situation to be dealt with is for AMY to work things out with him. She needs to explain to him that you are her choice for the man to raise her son, like it or not, and he cannot and will not change that - she needs his support rather than this destructive, psychotic behavior if she and his grandson are to continue to be a part of his life (yes, I know you have already made up your mind that he'll never see him again, but he doesn't need to know that at this point, and maybe in time the fences will be mended, or his pastures will become greener).

Best to you both on your big adventure of life married with children.

PFF
System Bot
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
Man i don't know what to say other then make sure your woman has your login so we know what's up. Might have to take a "business" trip soon to WA huh?

As a move would ensure the safety of your family and this petition is only gonna make him madder, might be a good idea to move.

Honestly, your a bigger man then I! dude would be staring at fish. He would have ate that .38 the first day. But then again i'm borderline not stable. :/
Doug85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doug85GTSend a Private Message to Doug85GTDirect Link to This Post
Get a restraining order. Have your girlfriend give a statement to support your restraining order.

It might take a while to a get a restraining order so in the meantime make it clear to your girlfriend that her father is not to come anywhere on the property. If he does stop onto the property, call the police immediately and ask that he is charged with trespassing.

Do not confront him, do not answer his calls, do not have any interaction with him. If you can, move and don't tell him where you move to.

Also, you need to have a nice long talk to Amy about her father. Make it clear to her that either her father is going to kill you or you will be forced to kill him. The only realistic way for the two of you to stay alive is if he is out of your lives. That means that if you do move that her father is never to learn your new address, that he is never allowed over and that if she wants to see her father, she will have to go to him without you.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Is there a "castle law" in WA?
His actions have been documented now.
If you won't go to jail, next time he pulls a gun on you, do him.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 05-04-2011).]

Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post05-04-2011 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post
Not myself but a friend of mine, his step sister tried to stick a knife thru his face when they were in their mid teens. Happened to rollover in bed a second before and it went thru the pillow instead.

Their family had issues.

Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post
Tony...

Damn, man.

I pulled this from Spokane County Washington Superior Court website:

http://www.spokanecounty.or...ddoc.aspx?docid=1760

PLEASE take a few minutes to look though it.

Here's the Clerk of the Court location:

Clerk
Spokane County Courthouse, Room 300
1116 West Broadway Avenue
Spokane, WA 99260

RESTRAINING ORDER!!!

Take care of yourself......if he violates it and pulls a weapon on you again, well, do what you have to do to defend yourself. If Amy doesn't understand where you're coming from with this (I'm not saying that she doesn't or won't, please understand), you have some soul searching to do as well.

EDIT: Raydar...and Tony:

RE: Washington State "Castle" law...

The statute in Washington state appears to be very simply and broadly stated.

The law allows use of deadly force in the lawful defense of oneself, a family member, or any other person, when there is reasonable ground to prevent action(s) of the person slain to commit a felony or to do injury or harm, and there is imminent danger of such design being accomplished; or in the actual resistance of an attempt to commit a felony upon the slayer, on those in their presence, or upon or in a dwelling, or other place of abode, in which they are.

Washington state doesn’t have a specific Castle Doctrine law, but has no duty to retreat as precedent was set when the State Supreme Court found "that there is no duty to retreat when a person is assaulted in a place where he or she has a right to be."

D.

[This message has been edited by Doni Hagan (edited 05-04-2011).]

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
A restraining order only puts people in jail for murder after the fact. Its good that you are getting the police involved but unless they stake you out and watch 24/7 you need to prepare for war and pray for piece.

Good luck but if it was me I would move, yesterday.
Move somewhere that has Castle laws

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 05-04-2011).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-04-2011 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Finally_Mine_86_GT:

Man i don't know what to say other then make sure your woman has your login so we know what's up. Might have to take a "business" trip soon to WA huh?

As a move would ensure the safety of your family and this petition is only gonna make him madder, might be a good idea to move.

Honestly, your a bigger man then I! dude would be staring at fish. He would have ate that .38 the first day. But then again i'm borderline not stable. :/

I bet that we are more alike than you know.

I just have to do this legally. The only way after I found out I was to be a father.

Like Delorean00, there are too many instances of family violence in this country. It is in my blood to not start something, but I love to finish it. This time, I need the help of the law. I cannot go on with my life not being able to hold Benjamin, and legally, this is the best recourse.

Crayzd....

Thanks all. The replies, and advice is needed.

Tony
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-04-2011 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post

Tony Kania

20794 posts
Member since Dec 2008
Doni.... Yes, and I have already filled them out. I just need to go down there, and in the morning I will. I did a longer, more detailed draft to give to the judge.

I know that an order is only paper, and will be filing for my own CCW tomorrow.

Tony
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post

Doni.... Yes, and I have already filled them out. I just need to go down there, and in the morning I will. I did a longer, more detailed draft to give to the judge.

I know that an order is only paper, and will be filing for my own CCW tomorrow.

Tony

crazyd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 140
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crazydClick Here to visit crazyd's HomePageSend a Private Message to crazydDirect Link to This Post
Found that Subaru commercial on the 'tubes that I was talking about.

PFF
System Bot
Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebDirect Link to This Post
First off, on behalf of Christians everywhere, I apologize for this guy. Sorry. He's just a wacko who hijacked my religion.

Second, and the difficult question: Will Amy leave you if you shoot her father?

Third, Discretion is the better part of Valor. You can't be a tough guy with crazy people. It doesn't help. Look for jobs elsewhere. Leave no forwarding address.

Fourth, Does he have a license for those guns? Does he need one in WA? If so, wouldn't he lose that license if he's making threats of using them?

Fifth, and I'm sorry to ask this, but, the Love of Your Life doesn't bother to tell you "Oh, by the way, my Dad's a raving lunatic. And well armed. Maybe you should be careful."?

Sixth, I can't "attack" you because you're not married. It's your life, and hers. You two have every right to pursue your happiness without interference. I've heard something to that effect before.

Seventh, I hope Psycho Dad gets his just deserts. BEFORE he hurts someone. Does the phrase "a danger to himself and others" have any meaning in WA? If everybody knows he has mental health issues, he should be committed. And not to hurting you.

Best of luck, my prayers are with you, Amy, and your son.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-04-2011 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Well, it just has gotten worse. Amy chooses her father. I will post back when I can. I am making arrangemants to fly out tonight. Be on the look out for a really nice 87 GT for sale. I am so lost...

Tony
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post

Mental illness is some scary **** . I have an uncle who is paranoid schizophrenic. When I was younger he scared the **** out of me every time, a couple times jumping up at me and needing to be intercepted. His medication wasn't balanced, or he wasn't taking it or whatever. Ya my family should probably not have let him near small children but that's another story. He is better now and is a sweet old man. You can see in his eyes that he is sorry and ashamed for things he did. We hug when I see him.That said....

Tony, you said he has a "mental history" what exactly is it? Sounds like familiar behavior. Has he been treated?
Does your lady have any doubts about any of the things your father has done?
Does Bob have a spouse or ex?

You should not have to move but you are not safe. Restraining orders are the proper route, but mean nothing to someone out of touch with reality. Perhaps his family needs to consider having him institutionalized.
I wish I could say something different, but if he even does so much as look at you funny you should drop his ass. You may be very lucky to have had this many chances already.
TK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post
Well, we weren't much help now were we ...

I don't think there was any other possible outcome on this one short of a death.

Dang, Tony.

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post

Well, it just has gotten worse. Amy chooses her father. I will post back when I can. I am making arrangemants to fly out tonight. Be on the look out for a really nice 87 GT for sale. I am so lost...

Tony

not cool. Where you going? You going to be ok? Don't become too far gone that you let her take your kid. Cars and belongings can be replaced. Children can not. If you ditch beyond 50 miles (NY law) it's considered abandonment and she will be awarded sole custody. Not sure how WA works but that's NY.
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post

Tony

Really sorry to hear this. Maybe you can stick around nearby and let things cool off before flying off. Don't forget about your kid, and maybe something she said was said in anger or under stress.
htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post
In WA state the definition of child abandonment requires intent. Clearly Tony is trying to save his own life, not abandon his kid. Tony also has stated nothing about "Im not taking care of my kid either" so (b) could be defended against successfully. (c) does not apply yet as the time required for it has not passed yet.The statuary listing follows.

WAC 388-15-011
No agency filings affecting this section since 2003
What is child abandonment?
(1) A Parent or guardian abandons a child when the parent or guardian is responsible for the care, education, or support of a child and:

(a) Deserts the child in any manner whatever with the intent to abandon the child;

(b) Leaves a child without the means or ability to obtain one or more of the basic necessities of life such as food, water, shelter, clothing, hygiene, and medically necessary health care; or

(c) Forgoes for an extended period of time parental rights, functions, duties and obligations despite an ability to exercise such rights, duties, and obligations.

(2) Abandonment of a child by a parent may be established by conduct on the part of a parent or guardian that demonstrates a substantial lack of regard for the rights, duties, and obligations of the parent or guardian or for the health, welfare, and safety of the child. Criminal activity or incarceration of a parent or guardian does not constitute abandonment in and of themselves, but a pattern of criminal activity or repeated or long-term incarceration may constitute abandonment of a child.

[This message has been edited by htexans1 (edited 05-04-2011).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-04-2011 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
She is just so damned brainwashed. She just does not believe that he is of any danger. I asked her where she stands, and got my answer in no uncertain terms.

I will never let go of Benjamin. I will stay here in Spokane. Amy IS a great Mom. I cannot tell anyone otherwise. This is just so messed up. She has never backed me when it comes to her dad, and feels that I am wrong to put my son on the PPO. The officer friend that I spoke with about this feels very strongly that I do. He patrols the area where Bob lives, and knows of his past. I will follow his direction. (He actually called me a better man than him for handling it in this manner. He knows my history also. )

Why did I quit drinking and drugs?! (I know, I am a much better person now.)

I am sure that I will be on Pennocks all damn night now. Sleep is not an option.

Tony

I am sorry for airing out my laundry. I just cannot sit here and think so much. I needed to vent, and as always, you are there for me. Thank you all. I so faqin need it right now.
htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post

I am sorry for airing out my laundry. I just cannot sit here and think so much. I needed to vent, and as always, you are there for me. Thank you all. I so faqin need it right now.

Thats what PFF is for, besides Fiero admiration that is.
Scottzilla79

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Direct Link to This Post
No need to apologize,e it's good to talk things out. Mind sharing what this history is? Does Amy know about this history?
People have a hard time believing irrational behavior from anyone. It being a loved one makes it that much more difficult.
Hang in there.

[This message has been edited by Scottzilla79 (edited 05-04-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by htexans1:

Thats what PFF is for, besides Fiero admiration that is.

x2 You haven't figured out that you have family here as well? albeit and odd family but family none the less.

Edit to answer the original question. "Anyone else worried about being murdered by a family member?"

Um... nope... they know I'm not completely stable when provoked. They are aware that if they don't kill me, they'll never be able to run hard or fast enough.

[This message has been edited by Finally_Mine_86_GT (edited 05-04-2011).]

nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Tony I'm really sorry to hear of your troubles. I hope that Amy will see the light somehow, before her father resolves to something rash and it results in someone getting seriously injured or dying. I think you have an understanding of what needs to be done in the future if you receive more threats from him.

As for him coming on your property with a gun ever again, I would end him if I were you.
8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
Tony,

So much about your description of this man sounds just like my Step father. He was a crazy EVIL son of a ***** .
He would have ended me if he got the chance.. he tried a couple times.

Do be careful and DO take Cliff's advice! LEAVE and take them with you.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post
How old is the son of a ***** ? Maybe he doesn't have long left to live? Buy him several gift certificates to Mc.Donalds and tell him you want to make amends. Feed him burgers and breakfast burritos every morning and night...

Hang in there buddy.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-04-2011 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
I would love to handle this like back in the "D". But, my reasons for posting this are to cover my a$$. I am a very capable man, and have only EVER been seriously concerned about one man. Bob. It isn't that he is tougher, or anything of the sorts. It is just that he don't give a f... .

I am not one to involve the law, but because of my Son, I need to put this on record. I just don't air my laundry here, and by making this public, it WILL keep me rational.

I am the guy that sits at home, and goes through scenarios of just how to protect my family. I practice at least once a month. Really. I run through scenarios of intruders entering my home. I can be ready before my feet hit the floor. I feel more than confident about my preparedness, but Bob just is not all there. That is what worries me.

Tony
8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post

It isn't that he is tougher, or anything of the sorts. It is just that he don't give a f... .

Tony

This is EXACTLY what makes him so dangerous and makes it such a good idea to relocate!
Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebDirect Link to This Post
Tony, no need to apologize, we're all happy to help, even if it's just listen.

Advice;

1] The more I think about it, the conclusion is obvious. Bob is a Blowhard. A man who owns a hundred guns has been threatening your life for two years! He's had time, motive, and opportunity enough. He's not gonna pull the trigger. He's scared. A scared, psycho, old man I might be wrong about, so continue to be careful.

2] Meanwhile, he's learned what buttons to push on Tony to get him to go off. It's a shame that, just because he's crazy, it doesn't make him stupid, too. I'm willing to bet he's spent the last two years deliberatly trying to drive you away. He knows exactly what will make you act, and look, crazy, instead of him. Apparently, he has practice at this game.

3] You have, if you know it or not, been playing his game by his rules. He irritates you, or pulls a gun, trying to force you into beating the tar out of him. Then he can lie about it, and play the victim. Your GF will say "You beat up a defenseless old man! My own father!" So will the cops. Thank God you've avoided THAT trap so far. I wouldn't have seen it coming.

4] Time to change the rules. You've gotten the police involved, that mucks up his plans. He calls the house phone? Get one with caller ID that you can turn down the volume on. He says you don't matter? So what? He's a crazy old man. DON'T RISE TO THE BAIT! Once you know it's a game, the words become meaningless. Record all coversations with him. Video your house. Keep a journal of what happens, that's frequently admissible in court. If there are neighbors or bystanders around for things, get their names as witnesses.

5] Call the cops if he so much as farts in your general direction. Call the cops, make repaorts. Call the cops. Call the cops. Call the cops. It's NOT in his game plan, so do it. Don't be Mr. Toughguy I-Can-handle_this-myself. Be Mister Smartguy, who doesn't fall for his "Meet me outside" crud. Did the neighbors see you come out with a shotgun to chase away old Grandpa? Look at it from that angle. Doesn't look so smart, or brave now, does it?

6] HE'S SETTING YOU UP! For what? These are the possibilities:
A] He finally runs you off. He wins.
B] He makes you so crazy, his daughter leaves you. He wins.
C] He scares you so bad you beat him up, you go to jail. He wins.
D] He gets so worked up, he has a stroke or something. His daughter blames you and leaves. He wins.
E] He actually DOES kill you. He goes to jail, but his daughter is rid of you. He wins.

Where, Oh where, in all these options, does Tony win? Nowhere. In his game, YOU LOSE.

Lemme think, more to come.

[This message has been edited by Zeb (edited 05-04-2011).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
As an old bearded man myself, I will only say, that there is a certain old bearded man near you---------- that desperately needs and deserves to have his ass kicked up to his shoulder blades.

Good luck with your legal endeavor tho and I understand why you have to go that route, but DO familiarize yourself with your state's Castle Doctrine. "Bob", would have already been dead in my state and my house.
Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

As an old bearded man myself, I will only say, that there is a certain old bearded man near you---------- that desperately needs and deserves to have his ass kicked up to his shoulder blades.

Good luck with your legal endeavor tho and I understand why you have to go that route, but DO familiarize yourself with your state's Castle Doctrine. "Bob", would have already been dead in my state and my house.

QFT

Tony, feel free to PM me if ya need anything. I've been in some hairy situations, not quite unlike this (although never involving family), and I may be able to assist by offering some advice (don't quote me on that though).

-XB

[This message has been edited by Xerces_Blackthorne (edited 05-04-2011).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock