Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Name 5 PFF members you would like to meet (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
Name 5 PFF members you would like to meet by jimbolaya
Started on: 10-15-2010 09:52 PM
Replies: 121
Last post by: 86fierofun on 10-19-2010 04:19 PM
jimbolaya

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2010 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post
Like the title says. name 5 PFF members you would like to meet, or at least you "think" you would like to meet. Only a few rules. You cannot have ever met them before, and you need to give a reason why.

My list, in no particular order.

1. Maryjane (Don) I hear near death experiences are exhilarating, and I think he would work me so hard that I would be near death.
2. Heybjorn (Mike) So I could kick him in his grammar Nazi nuts. Real reason is I think he is a fine man, and someone that anyone could look up to.
3. 2.5 (not really sure what his real name is) Duh, because he's Captain America. Real reason is because he always stands up for his principles in peaceable manner. I really admire his demeanor.
4. Blackrams (Ron) I have a picture of him in my mind, and I want to see if he's as scary in real life as I picture him in my mind.
5. Fierorumor, because laughter is good for the soul.

There are others that I considered, and others that I have met, but that's the list for now.

Jim
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post10-15-2010 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
No one.
I don't want to ruin it.

Imagination should never be dissected...

I guess I would want to meet anyone that was dead-set on meeting me.
That is usually how it works for me.
I'm not so social, so you would practically have to beg me to get me to come to any kind of a "meeting".

Of coarse, once I got to feeling comfortable around you, there isn't anything I wouldn't do for you, project-wise.
I become the consumate right-hand man.

But all-in-all, I don't really "meet" people.
I'm just to scared.
Or is that scarred?
MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post10-15-2010 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

No one.
I don't want to ruin it.

Imagination should never be dissected...

YUP....I know/ have met some of the forum guys in person, and none are anything like what one would imagine by their postings and the mental image you get of them from the posts.

Patrick's Dad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2010 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Patrick's DadClick Here to visit Patrick's Dad's HomePageSend a Private Message to Patrick's DadDirect Link to This Post
1) Don (maryjane). I think that he and I are of a mind.

2) Jason (isthiswhereiputausername?). Possible family, and he's been a great help behind the scenes.

3) Archie. Just to tour the shop and shoot the breeze.

4) Ogre. Another legend. Been very helpful.

5) rogergarrison. Just to hang a while. Don't let my wife find out.

Will likely meet 88 Dread GT soon. He works around the corner from where I live.
Flamberge

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2010 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post
1) Maryjane - A Texan's Texan. I could talk Texas with him for hours.
2) Cliff Pennock - What he's done for the Fiero Community is second only to Hulki.
3) FieroRumor - I love every post and every strange thought.
4) starlightcoupe - Seems like a kindred spirit
5) Boondawg - I admire your courage to leave Alaska, and your foolishness for walking us through the adventure.
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2010 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
Neat Idea but I don't want to get into a popularity contest because sure as hell, the second I post my 5 I will get a dozem PMs asking why they where not on the list.

I would love to meet you all!
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2010 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatDirect Link to This Post
I would like to meet:

• Marvin McInnis-because I will never get to meet Steven Hawkings
  • Boondawg-because I am sure he is a fascinating and engaging conversationalist
  • tbone42-because we have similar tastes in music
  • rayb-just to see what makes him tick

There are too many contenders for the last remaining spot to choose just one. Possible contenders include (for many varied reasons) uhlanstan, avengador1, Doni Hagan and NEPTUNE.

------------------

• IP: Logged
    FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
    Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
    Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2010 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
    Hard to pin it to just 5... and there's a bunch of people who aren't here any more (for one reason or another). I'll be at the 30th Anniversay thingie (I'll be the guy wearing the Fiero tee shirt).

doug.s

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2010 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doug.sClick Here to visit doug.s's HomePageSend a Private Message to doug.sDirect Link to This Post
    Wow...so many to choose from. Here's my list:

FieroRumor
    John Stricker
    MaryJane
    WhiteDevil88
    TwoFatGuys

[This message has been edited by doug.s (edited 10-15-2010).]

kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
    Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
    Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2010 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerDirect Link to This Post
    I've already met more than 5, and they were all good people. No way I could narrow it down that small
    Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-16-2010 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Flamberge:

5) Boondawg - I admire your courage to leave Alaska, and your foolishness for walking us through the adventure.

The pleasure/pain principle.
    PFF
    System Bot
    Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-16-2010 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
    Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by williegoat:

• Boondawg-because I am sure he is a fascinating and engaging conversationalist.

• Like how deep would the ocean be if all the sponges were removed?

Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
    Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
    Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2010 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post
    1. Cliff Pennock (self explanatory)
    2. Fierorumor (self explanatory)
    3. ulhanstan (wanna see if he talks like he posts)
    4. maryjane (bet he has some interesting stories)
    5. WhiteDevil88 (was willing to let me talk to him when my grandfather was dealing with cancer seems like a decent enough guy)
    theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
    Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2010 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post
    Yes, in order. No offense intended.

1. MEM - I want to meet him and I want him to respect me, as I do him. If he met me, he wouldn't hold the same feelings towards me.

2. 86fierofun - His posts have made much more impact on my life than anyone else on the site. They are always personal to me, and always right down to the core. Filled with Scripture and knowledge.

3. 2.5 - His posts always set me back on my feet and put me in the right state of mind.

4. Boonie - His compassion and lightheartedness are both qualities I'd like to mimic. Remarkable man.

5. R Runner (Paul) - We've talked about him helping me build my dream Fiero, and I have seen a picture of his and it's really cool so I'd like to meet him and his car and just sit down and have a chat. He's also the very first person to see that I wasn't Shawn from RFT, and really helped me out while trying to fully understand PFF culture.

[This message has been edited by theBDub (edited 10-16-2010).]

1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
    Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
    Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2010 04:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post
    Rayb - to smoke one with and talk politics
    theBdub - seem like I could relate to pretty well
    Tony Kania - always posts his unedited thoughts, which is respectable
    Will-Martin - to meet a guy that has more patience than my mother
    and of course I have to put Mr. Cliff Pennock just to see what the matrix looks like in person.
    Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
    User on Probation

Report this Post10-16-2010 06:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post
    With luck we all get a 2nd chance here soon... the 30th. And I think we should all get a special hat or something so we can ID PFF people... i know at the 25th it was just a wash of random people.

I also cant narrow it down to just 5, too many good people around here. ( and have met several, including several local people )

[This message has been edited by Nurb432 (edited 10-16-2010).]

Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post10-16-2010 06:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Nurb432

33617 posts
    Member since May 2006

Originally posted by MidEngineManiac:

YUP....I know/ have met some of the forum guys in person, and none are anything like what one would imagine by their postings and the mental image you get of them from the posts.

I'm pretty much what people expect

And what is this? I'm not on anyone's list yet??? Whaaaaaaa ( just kidding )
    jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2010 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toddster:

Neat Idea but I don't want to get into a popularity contest because sure as hell, the second I post my 5 I will get a dozen PMs asking why they where not on the list.

I thought about that, but everyone can't be on every list. and if they can't handle that, it's something they personally have to cope with, not me. Here are a few others I thought of.

Uhlastan (sp) love to meet him, but he scares me a little. Maybe if he was cuffed. JK Stan
    Cliff Pennock. No explanation needed.
    Boonie, I think everybody realizes his potential more than he does.
    Patrick's Dad, Seems like a decent family guy
    Roger Garrison, you're darn right I wouldn't tell my wife.
    Archie, what Fiero guy wouldn't want to see his shop and ask a few Fiero question? OK Shawna wouldn't, but his he even a guy?
    Twofatguys, but only if Antuzzi is at work. JK
    TexasFiero, character, character, character.
    KHW, another civil guy. I have enjoyed our conversations. When he tells you about his family, you will realize what real men are made of.

and for the life of me, I cannot remember our resident Doctors user name, but he's on the list too.

Jim

Rainman

Feedback score: (2)
    Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
    Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2010 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RainmanSend a Private Message to RainmanDirect Link to This Post
    Maryjane
    Ulahnstan
    Frontal Lobe
    The Ogre
    Blacktree
    Patrick's Dad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
    Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2010 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Patrick's DadClick Here to visit Patrick's Dad's HomePageSend a Private Message to Patrick's DadDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nurb432:

I also cant narrow it down to just 5, too many good people around here. ( and have met several, including several local people )

Yeah, that was the tough part.

I, too, would like to meet rayb, Neptune and Conn, just to satisfy a bit of curiosity.

Will has guided my thoughts as to what I want out of my car, Orief, foggle, Formula88, RWDPLZ, avengador, saxman, Yellowstone (and his wife! ), jstricker, witchita, Rumor, jimbolaya, lobe, Boonie and many more than I can list.

Of course Cliff. Loved the matrix comment by 1988holleyformula!
    84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
    Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2010 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post
    I can’t pick just 5, there are to many good people on here I would like to meet. I’m sure at some point I will meet some of you, for some unknown at the moment meet.

But if I had to chose, in no particular order,

Fierofetish, Nick from Spain. Someone I have butted heads with on so many subjects and have become good friends with.

Maryjane, Don another one who has been on the other side of many an argument with. And anyone who can blow snow out his butt like that has got to have some stories.

BMWguru, and his wife anonymity. Anyone who can be that good together working together 24/7 with that many kids has got to have some great stories. Besides it ain’t often I meet some guy with hair longer than mine.

FieroAurora she is just to hot to leave off of any list of people to meet.

Jimbolaya I have talked to him on the phone, but it we ever met I would have to bring my interpreter. I could only understand every other word.

Cliffw I have to meet the Separator, who wouldn’t want to?

Heybjorn another one I would need my interpreter to talk to.

Aceman just to be able to say I met him,

not finished but i have to move a DVD player that stopped working.

Synthesis anyone who looks that good before his morning coffee has got to be fun at closing time.

Who could forget Alex, although I think we all corrupted her a little. We must have otherwise how could she marry him.

And fierogirls mom hey I have to meet her, I think she is the only normal one on here.

steve

------------------
    Technology is great when it works,
    and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
    Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 10-16-2010).]

PFF
    System Bot
    crazyd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 140
    Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2010 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crazydClick Here to visit crazyd's HomePageSend a Private Message to crazydDirect Link to This Post
    Roger Moore.
    Charles Barkley.
    The Lamborghini Countach.
    Every pop/rock/rap musician who has ever lived.

Never, ever meet your heroes.
    MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
    User Banned

Report this Post10-16-2010 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by crazyd:

The Lamborghini Countach.

Never, ever meet your heroes.

YUP...after having been in one, it makes a nice lawn ornament.

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2010 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

Jimbolaya I have talked to him on the phone, but it we ever met I would have to bring my interpreter. I could only understand every other word.

I know why you couldn't understand me, because we have never spoken on the phone! LOL Not that I wouldn't mind though.

Jim

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
    Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2010 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jimbolaya:
    I know why you couldn't understand me, because we have never spoken on the phone! LOL Not that I wouldn't mind though.

Jim

No ?

I thought you called me after my bypass surgery. Must have been Heybjorn.
    You know a mind is a terrible thing to lose.

Steve

------------------
    Technology is great when it works,
    and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't.
    Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
    Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
    User Banned

Report this Post10-16-2010 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
    Honestly, I have been thinking of the 5 that I would most want to meet, and cannot come up with a difinative list. Some of you make me laugh. Some cry. Even a few get my blood boiling, but I would want to meet all active members. Many of you I would lay down my jacket for, so as not to get your feet wet. A few might get splashed instead. If I really had to...

1. Cliff Pennock. Self explanatory.

2. TwoFatGuys and his wonderful wife. I want to have dinner with them...I'm buying.

3. The Texas boys... Katatak, Carver1,... What a great group of Fiero enthusiasts.

4. Just about anyone from Canada. There are a few in particular, but they seem to be the most level headed folks. Did I mention that I have always loved Canada.

5. The political guys. Never in my life have I been so interested in our politics. Thank you all for that. Really.

My hand is always extended first. It is up to you from there.

Great thread!

Tony
    jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2010 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post

No ?

I thought you called me after my bypass surgery. Must have been Heybjorn.
    You know a mind is a terrible thing to lose.

Steve

You are forgiven. I'll attrubute it to the pain killers and not your age. Now I feel bad for not calling you after your bypass surgery.

Jim

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
    Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
    Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2010 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
    I've met dozens of members already, inlcuding several mentioned above. The way to meet the members is to go to the shows or club meetings.
    Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
    Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
    Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2010 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post

BMWguru, and his wife anonymity. Anyone who can be that good together working together 24/7 with that many kids has got to have some great stories. Besides it ain’t often I meet some guy with hair longer than mine.

FieroAurora she is just to hot to leave off of any list of people to meet.

Now you're talkin'! Also, don't forget Alex (BekaintaFunk), Darlene (fierogirls-mom), and Terra (88GTV-8).

For those of you wanting to meet Uhlanstan... I know him personally. He's actually a pretty cool guy. And he does not talk like he types (for the most part). But he does have quite a repertoire of stories, most of which might actually be true.

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 10-16-2010).]

heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
    Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2010 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornDirect Link to This Post
    Those of you who have put me on your list, thank you; I consider that a great honor. Picking five people to meet? Hard to do; there are so many I would like to meet.
    Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-16-2010 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
    You know, I didn't even know people here thought about me like that.
    I'm really no more remarkable then everyone else 'round these parts.

And I am very proud indeed to be a part of things here.

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 10-16-2010).]

PFF
    System Bot
    Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
    Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2010 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toddster:

Neat Idea but I don't want to get into a popularity contest because sure as hell, the second I post my 5 I will get a dozem PMs asking why they where not on the list.

Popularity contest? Screw that. I was popular. Once Never again. For those that haven't named me, I give you a sincere "thank you". I'd hate to let you down by not living up to your expectations, that and I like living in obscurity.

As far as who I would like to meet? That's a hard list to come up with. There're only 2 Fiero people I've met IRL and one of them I met IRL before knowing they were on the Forum. I'd like to make it to the 30th, but who knows if I'm really going to be able to.
    Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
    Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2010 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post
    Beyond a face-to-face with Cliff (which one of these days I may actually attempt to arrange during a visit to Benelux for business) I can't think of anyone that stands out. Admittedly, I'm certain there exist some members whose company I'd certainly relish more than others and have already expressed that sentiment to them directly. On the other hand, I am completely convinced there are some who would prefer undergoing a root canal than having to sit across a dinner table from me. I've already met a few members who I consider friendly "associates", if not outright friends and our interaction has transcended any Fiero-related connection.

Would I like to have some of the opinions I've encountered on PFF expressed to my face? Probably not. With security or without.....therein lies the rub.

[This message has been edited by Doni Hagan (edited 10-16-2010).]

Nurb432

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post10-16-2010 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rallaster:

Popularity contest? Screw that. I was popular. Once Never again. For those that haven't named me, I give you a sincere "thank you". I'd hate to let you down by not living up to your expectations, that and I like living in obscurity.

As far as who I would like to meet? That's a hard list to come up with. There're only 2 Fiero people I've met IRL and one of them I met IRL before knowing they were on the Forum. I'd like to make it to the 30th, but who knows if I'm really going to be able to.

If you cant make it up to speedway at least once during it something is dreadfully wrong.
    Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-16-2010 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doni Hagan:
    I am completely convinced there are some who would prefer undergoing a root canal than having to sit across a dinner table from me.

I myself would consider it an honor.
    Although I don't think the conversation would be all that interesting, as we would probibly agree on everything and just end up making out.
    Whatcha' doing Tuesday?
    Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
    Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2010 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

I myself would consider it an honor.
    Although I don't think the conversation would be all that interesting, as we would probably agree on everything and just end up making out.
    Whatcha' doing Tuesday?

Nothing as of yet....look for a guy wearing a red carnation in his lapel!
    madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
    Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2010 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
    In no particular order.

1. Car-Lo
    2. Sharkman
    3. Yellowstone
    4. Will-Martin
    5. Whodeanni.

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
    Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
    Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2010 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doni Hagan:

I am completely convinced there are some who would prefer undergoing a root canal than having to sit across a dinner table from me.

I've had 2 and they were not that bad

I don't have a list. But if I could choose it would probably be nellieship
    jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2010 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

In no particular order.

1. Car-Lo
    2. Sharkman
    3. Yellowstone
    4. Will-Martin
    5. Whodeanni.

Now there's an interesting list. I have only heard of 2 of them. #3 and #5 Must be tech guys. I don't spend a lot of time in tech since I am now Fieroless.

Jim

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
    Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2010 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
    I've met many.

Maryjane in 2002.. You just need to get out to the various Fiero events.
    Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
    PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
    Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock