Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Who is your favorite band? You can only name one! (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Who is your favorite band? You can only name one! by Ditkaphile
Started on: 04-07-2010 12:07 AM
Replies: 101
Last post by: Marko on 04-16-2010 11:33 PM
billpapps

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 06:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for billpappsSend a Private Message to billpappsDirect Link to This Post
Jeez this so hard .. When I look at my play list Or the CDs I got most handy I would have to say

Pink Floyd
IP: Logged
fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post04-07-2010 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
Dire Straits.
It isn't really fair to limit us to one There are so many different genres of music, and each has its best. I would break the rules a little here, if I may, and add Dr.Hook, Status Quo, Beach Boys, Eagles and The Kinks too.
Nick
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
Static-x

Very close second would have to be
Linkin park

Originally posted by fierofetish:

Dire Straits.
It isn't really fair to limit us to one There are so many different genres of music, and each has its best. I would break the rules a little here, if I may, and add Dr.Hook, Status Quo, Beach Boys, Eagles and The Kinks too.
Nick

No elvis? Somebody call an ambulance...

[This message has been edited by Finally_Mine_86_GT (edited 04-07-2010).]

$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
Linkin park,
close 2nd, Bob Seger

------------------
AIM:Onefast2M8
00 VW GTI VR6 -- Not stock
07 G6 GTP 3.6 VVT-- 6 speed auto.
98 Corvette, Nassau blue Coupe, Not stock...

snowblindburd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for snowblindburdSend a Private Message to snowblindburdDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by N3M3S1S:

Atmosphere.

I like too.

For my fav, since I can only choose one, I'm going to have to say Blind Melon.

------------------

1990 Sunbird SE /// 1995 Beretta Base

kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinDirect Link to This Post
Fellas,

The best way to analyze this question is "What music would I listen too if I only had to choose ONE band on my drive to Las Vegas"? The answer: The Beatles!

Cordially,
Kevin
shawnhalolush

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnhalolushSend a Private Message to shawnhalolushDirect Link to This Post
The Banner (formerly Bruce Banner)

Shawn
WingNut - MD

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
Heaven & Hell [the band formerly know as Black Sabbath, with Ronnie James Dio on vocals]
bristowb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bristowbSend a Private Message to bristowbDirect Link to This Post
AEROSMITH!!!!!!
jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
Jimmy Buffett. No contest.

John Stricker
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
Not a fair question at all.

Under your terms I will say Pink Floyd.

That is assuming the only thing I could ever listen to again. They have a huge catolog that most people never heard.
PFF
System Bot
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODDirect Link to This Post
Capt. Geech and the Shrimp Shack Shooters.
On a more serious note: Metallica
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillDirect Link to This Post
For rock type bands, I have to say Styx (and not only because I have done some album cover artwork for them ). Tommy Shaw wails!

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 04-07-2010).]

Fiero STS

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSDirect Link to This Post
I have been listening to the Beach Boys since the 70"S but I like all the surf bands.
ShockWave

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShockWaveSend a Private Message to ShockWaveDirect Link to This Post
UFO... notably when Michael Schenker was on guitar.

Pink Floyd and SOAD are both extremely close.
TommyRocker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerDirect Link to This Post
You should have given us a limit of our top 5...
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post
1 group!! Wow, that's rough... Can I narrow it down to a continent and style??

Band - Tarja's Nightwish.

Continent - Europe
Style - Symphonic metal.
Steven_Kreg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven_KregSend a Private Message to Steven_KregDirect Link to This Post
King Diamond

Kiss
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
Phil Dirt & the Dozers

j/k, but they were a local band when I lived in Wilmington Ohio in the late 80's.

No way I can truthfully say one band, cause it depends on the type of music I'm in the mood for. But okay, overall, I'd have to say the Rippingtons. I play something of theirs almost every day.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Today - 3 Doors down.

Flipping through my song collection I will stop and listen to them when they come up more often that anything else right now.
Nurb432

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post04-07-2010 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nurb432Send a Private Message to Nurb432Direct Link to This Post
I am going to cheat slightly and just list a single artist.. ( since she has been the head of several bands )

Kristin Hersh.
PFF
System Bot
Dgzfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DgzfieroSend a Private Message to DgzfieroDirect Link to This Post
Rush
Talonzz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TalonzzSend a Private Message to TalonzzDirect Link to This Post
AC/DC

------------------

Lee

spud321x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spud321xSend a Private Message to spud321xDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 8-P:

St. Anger never gets respect.

I loved the St. Anger CD. The trashy "garage band" sound is awesome. Lars's snare with the beads turned off was the cherry on top!

My favorite band would have to be Trust Company.

------------------

I am the signature virus, please put me in your signature so I can spread

8-P

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8-PSend a Private Message to 8-PDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by snowblindburd:

I like too.

For my fav, since I can only choose one, I'm going to have to say Blind Melon.

Atmosphehre's great, and Blind Melon is way underrated. People always just associate them with Bee Girl, but they had some great riffs.

If I had to pick just one (which is ridiculous) I guess I'm always in the mood to listen to Daft Punk.
The MaD cOw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The MaD cOwSend a Private Message to The MaD cOwDirect Link to This Post
I've been listening to nothing but the LatexxxTeens and Atari Teenage Riot lately... but if I had to pick one... and only one..... it would have to be Tom Waits.
turbotoad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turbotoadSend a Private Message to turbotoadDirect Link to This Post
RUSH....my best friend's brother played the 2112 album for us back when it came out in 1976. I was simply awestruck and they have been my ultimate favorite for 34 years! BTW the guitarist, Alex Lifeson has a cameo roll in the latest Trailer Park Boys movie "Countdown to Liquer Day". Hilarious.
grkboy707

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for grkboy707Send a Private Message to grkboy707Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by $Rich$:

Linkin park,
close 2nd, Bob Seger

That's a strange combination... I love linkin park in severe moderation...like 2 times a year.. I have to give them credit though; they started me on one of my passions... One Step Closer was the first thing I ever rocked out to.
8-P

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8-PSend a Private Message to 8-PDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by turbotoad:

RUSH....my best friend's brother played the 2112 album for us back when it came out in 1976. I was simply awestruck and they have been my ultimate favorite for 34 years! BTW the guitarist, Alex Lifeson has a cameo roll in the latest Trailer Park Boys movie "Countdown to Liquer Day". Hilarious.

I think Lifeson had a cameo in the 3rd season, too. Actually, wasn't the entire band in an episode?
The MaD cOw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The MaD cOwSend a Private Message to The MaD cOwDirect Link to This Post

Ya, if I remember right... Ricky had kidnapped him and forced him to play while duct tapped on the couch. Great show.
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2010 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
Its funny how so many people like to crap all over "St. Anger" and I'll be the first to admit that its not their best work - but I will ALWAYS hold a soft spot for that album.

After hearing the title track on the radio so many years ago (when I was like 10), I was hooked. I think the best thing that could happen to somebody is to start off with St. Anger (or ReLoad) and move on from there. It just kept getting better as I went backwards through their discography.

Ok - back to it.

[edited for clairty/spelling/etc - note to self, disable autocorrect for words that actually exist]

[This message has been edited by skuzzbomer (edited 04-07-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2010 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Direct Link to This Post
the drummer in rush is the best i have ever seen. seen concert on paladia, a cable chanel. dam what a band for a bunch of old guys. love to be a light man for that band.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post04-08-2010 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

Its funny how so many people like to crap all over "St. Anger" and I'll be the first to admit that its not their best work - but I will ALWAYS hold a soft spot for that album.

The documentry "Some Kind Of Monster" was AWESOME!
It's about the making of "St. Anger".
iced_theater

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2010 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for iced_theaterSend a Private Message to iced_theaterDirect Link to This Post
Dream Theater
TA6SPD

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2010 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TA6SPDSend a Private Message to TA6SPDDirect Link to This Post
Godsmack You will never see a better live show. They made the Crue look and sound like **it!!!!!
TommyRocker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2010 02:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerDirect Link to This Post
Motlee Crue makes Motley Crue sound like **** . Neil Peart is an amazing drummer...they sure make a hell of a lot of noise for 3 dude..
Christine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2010 04:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineDirect Link to This Post
Tesla, I have always loved the band and the Man
http://www.youtube.com/watc...6GH91KXQ&feature=fvw
http://www.youtube.com/watc...6nP8&feature=related
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Tesla

Be a man is my favorite song I would have posted a link to that somg but I could not find one.

[This message has been edited by Christine (edited 04-08-2010).]

TommyRocker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2010 05:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerDirect Link to This Post
Tesla is the best live show I've ever been to. Both times were great. They are one of those rare bands that still puts out good music. Into The Now was a good album, and Real to Reel was a great set of covers. Forever more wasn't too bad either.
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2010 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jim94:

the drummer in rush is the best i have ever seen. seen concert on paladia, a cable chanel. dam what a band for a bunch of old guys. love to be a light man for that band.

I've seen Rush twice, almost 20 years apart, and they were the two best concerts I've ever been to. No one comes close live.

Patrick's Dad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2010 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Patrick's DadClick Here to visit Patrick's Dad's HomePageSend a Private Message to Patrick's DadDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DanFiero:

Def Leopard

If they're your favorite, wouldn't you have to spell "Leppard" correctly?

Stryper - I've seen them four times. Not only a sick drummer, but a couple of great axemen, too!

No video - just the record cover.

For you Priest fans; Stryper playing "Breaking the Law" in the Netherlands in January

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock