Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  What kind of jeans you wearing THESE DAYS? (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
What kind of jeans you wearing THESE DAYS? by Iron_Mark_2003
Started on: 11-01-2006 03:33 PM
Replies: 84
Last post by: BobadooFunk on 01-30-2007 08:09 PM
Iron_Mark_2003

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2006 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Iron_Mark_2003Send a Private Message to Iron_Mark_2003Direct Link to This Post
With all the jeans these days ranging from the old levi's which are no longer really levi's since they're no longer AMERICAN MADE , to the newer style jeans that make homeless a trend; Which pair of jeans do you find yourself in these days? What are wearing? Holes? Tears? Skinny legged.... or even women's jeans for some guys
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2006 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post
I'm wearing, (let me check.....) Levi's 725's from Walmart. I use the straight leg type for a good fit with my cowboy boots. The 725's are the right price and fit me as good as any.

Arn
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2006 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Iron_Mark_2003:
or even women's jeans for some guys

Mom jeans?
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2006 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Um.... I have no idea. I'll check when I get home.

I just kinda buy whatever is like "25 bucks or less a pair" that fit...

The jeans at Old navy fit...most jeans fit me...

What made ya post this? Are you having trouble finding jeans that fit?

Iron_Mark_2003

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2006 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Iron_Mark_2003Send a Private Message to Iron_Mark_2003Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

What made ya post this? Are you having trouble finding jeans that fit?

Naaaah, it's just that I've seen some people with some pretty goofyass jeans and wondered what is going on these peoples lives that are making them wear these jeans? I mean who are they trying to comform to, so I thought I'd take a general sorta poll and see what PFFers are wearing. Plus I wanted to know what you wear, Rumor
Boondawg

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post11-01-2006 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
Kirkland Signature - $12.00
Actually pretty good work jeans!
Cheap enough that you can ruin them (unremovable gear oil & grease spots) without any guilt.

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 11-01-2006).]

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2006 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroDirect Link to This Post
For the last 6 or 7 years I have been wearing Old Navy #7's or their loose fit for riding. Last time I went there to get another pair (uslally around $20) they were all faded and PRE holed. I went to foleys and got Levis 501's. I guess I am too old to shop at OLD NAVY!
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post11-01-2006 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Naaaah, it's just that I've seen some people with some pretty goofyass jeans and wondered what is going on these peoples lives that are making them wear these jeans?

The ones that I dont get?
The ones that have the pre-faded under-the-asscheek areas that look piss colored.
Not bleached colored, piss colored!
Acid wash?
Beats me, but it looks HORRORABLE!

ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2006 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
hahaha... yeah, I love the ones they recycle from the Salvation Army and charge $84 at the Gap and other trendy teenager clothes stores! bahahahaha!

"Bloodstains and rips... better charge extra for this one"

[This message has been edited by ryan.hess (edited 11-01-2006).]

whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2006 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
Levi's and Wrangler. Same 'ol thing too. About the time they really get to fit, everyone's telling you to get rid of them. I have some that are "well ventilated" and those are some of the most comfortable. Not work friendly though.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy (8/26/06)

Tammykos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2006 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TammykosClick Here to visit Tammykos's HomePageSend a Private Message to TammykosDirect Link to This Post
Riders with a slightly flared boot leg. In my own mind, I look good in them when I'm line-dancing.
PFF
System Bot
mysticfire6602

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-01-2006 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mysticfire6602Send a Private Message to mysticfire6602Direct Link to This Post
i hate jeans, i prefer any style of cargo pant
TorqueWench

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2006 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TorqueWenchSend a Private Message to TorqueWenchDirect Link to This Post
i only wear cargos or corduroys,
so my cordjeans are low-rise flared thingies. earth tones only - red, orange, brown, beige - or black.
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2006 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post

Naaaah, it's just that I've seen some people with some pretty goofyass jeans and wondered what is going on these peoples lives that are making them wear these jeans? I mean who are they trying to comform to, so I thought I'd take a general sorta poll and see what PFFers are wearing. Plus I wanted to know what you wear, Rumor

I usually don't wear any pants. (One of the few benefits of working in a cubicle)
What kinda jeans are you taking about?
what type of "goofyass" jeans?

Acid-washed?

tutnkmn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2006 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tutnkmnSend a Private Message to tutnkmnDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

Kirkland Signature - $12.00
Actually pretty good work jeans!
Cheap enough that you can ruin them (unremovable gear oil & grease spots) without any guilt.

Same here, only Faded Glory brand from WalMart I think, maybe it's K-mart.
Iron_Mark_2003

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2006 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Iron_Mark_2003Send a Private Message to Iron_Mark_2003Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

What kinda jeans are you taking about?
what type of "goofyass" jeans?

Acid-washed?

God, you love quoting me DONTCHA? I'm talking about these emo people wearing "skinny" jeans, especially the boys who are crossing over and wearing women's jeans to get the skinny jeans. Also these jeans that come with holes all over and make it look like a moth is stressed out about something and decided to binge on your jeans. The ones too that come with the yellowed inner thighs. I mean what are these jeans honestly trying to be? Why is looking dirty the trend? Had I known this, then I would of never washed my jeans in college. I would of been a "trend setter". Rumor.... just for fun post some pics of thingy wearing different types of jeans and make his face show how he feels about it.

[This message has been edited by Iron_Mark_2003 (edited 11-01-2006).]

moleman_in_a_FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2006 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for moleman_in_a_FieroGTSend a Private Message to moleman_in_a_FieroGTDirect Link to This Post
I wear $15 Wally-Land Levi's. I like them light in color, but I hate holes and dark jeans with faded areas.
Iron_Mark_2003

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2006 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Iron_Mark_2003Send a Private Message to Iron_Mark_2003Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by moleman_in_a_FieroGT:

I wear $15 Wally-Land Levi's. I like them light in color, but I hate holes and dark jeans with faded areas.

I like my jeans dark but without the holes and faded areas. It's hard to find em, usually you'll get the dark without the holes and fades but at the end of the legs there will be fraying on purpose.
fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2006 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comDirect Link to This Post
L. L. Bean
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2006 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
There blue and as long as they are round. That said I get any that are the correct size. They have to have the extra cloth in the front, no woman jeans here.
5.0Vert

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2006 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 5.0VertSend a Private Message to 5.0VertDirect Link to This Post
I usually get my jeans from American Eagle. Bootcut(even though I hardly ever wear my boots) and faded. I've got a friend that likes to ride sportbikes and he only wears American Eagle. Several months ago an SUV cut him off and he wasn't gearing his gear, the jeans held up though without any rips or tears, he had quite a bit of road rash though. The bike was totaled and somehow he and the jeans made it out ok . I don't understand the whole 'trendy' crap. How the hell can pants with holes and random crap spewed all over them be trendy?
PFF
System Bot
WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2006 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
Not too fussy. I have a pair of Tommy Hilifiger I picked up for $20.00 on sale (would buy these for their normal inflated price) and I own assorted Levi's. Most of the time I am now wearing Wrangler Carpentar pants. I have a pair that are Blue Jean and several pair that are Khaki in color but more like jean material. I wear them for work and play. Makes life simple as just about every shirt I own goes with them.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2006 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Plain old Wranglers, mostly. Usually from Target.
I wear Faded Glory sometimes, but it seems like they tear up or shrink more easily.
zardoz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2006 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zardozSend a Private Message to zardozDirect Link to This Post
Ha-ha! This is funny for me. I'll tell you why.

I harken back to the day when flare and bell bottom jeans were the only cool thing there was. I had a leisure suit in 1975 I think.

So it was pretty much the odd Wrangler and Levi's during the college days, and 1980's. I think the bell bottoms were completely out of fashion by 1980 or so.

Then when I was still a slim and skinny feller, much of the 1980's I had mostly the Levi 501, and some overly tight boot cut stuff.

Then the weight came on. Not much, but the tight stuff went to Goodwill. Now its the 1990's, and I'm on the fast track in the business world. Nothing but double-pleat dark slacks, button-down oxfords, cap-toe black Bostonians, and a collection of ties. Navy, black, and gray blazers. Leisure and work slacks, were mainly Dockers and similar khaki's. I don't think I had but one pair of jeans in the closet all during the 1990's during my "professional business" phase.

As I got established in my company, and casual Friday started around 2000 or so. That's when I would wear that one pair of jeans. Then casual Friday turned into casual Thursday and Friday. Then Wednesday,Thursday, Friday. Then all week if I can get away with it. The boss wears jeans, the controller wears jeans, all the managers where I work, (except HR Manager) now wear the jeans most days. Funny. Of course most of us have been there 20 years.

Now I have about a half-dozen pair of "good jeans" for work, dark blue and NO HOLES. Half-dozen pair of casual jeans, faded with maybe some little wear spots. Then theres the half-dozen pair of down and dirty grubby jeans with small holes, and completely faded. Just for working around the house, and not public appearance. If the hole gets big enough to lose a quarter out of, they go to Goodwill.

The "power" slacks for when customers visit, and biz trips are best worsted wool dry-clean only types. The good stuff.

BTW, the entire collection of jeans is the Wally World Levi signature relaxed fit. The point is, no statements to make anymore. Comfort is pirority #1 these days.
Double hits on the fabric softener in both the washer and dryer.

Gone full circle it seems.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2006 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
No saggy homeboy jeans for me...I'm ole' school. Anchor Blue jeans (orginally Miller's Outpost). Usually at $26 bucks prior to "Back to School" days. Used-to-be a Levi's guy while in high school. 20-yrs later I moved to the mountians and strapped on some jeans, hehaw.
sostock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2006 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sostockSend a Private Message to sostockDirect Link to This Post
i have mostly old navy jeans and a couple pairs of carhartt's. carhartt makes a very good thick work jean.

i used to wear regular jeans, then along came "relaxed" fit. then "loose" fit. then "baggy" fit. now i'm wearing "super loose baggy relaxed fall off your butt" fit.

funny thing is i know i've put on 20 lbs since college and still wear the same size jean.
ig88vsbobafett

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2006 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ig88vsbobafettSend a Private Message to ig88vsbobafettDirect Link to This Post
Buy Carhart the best jeans made
cccharlie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2006 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cccharlieSend a Private Message to cccharlieDirect Link to This Post
At this moment - boot cut Levis
Most recent purchase - Two pairs Levis 560s

I didn't know they had stopped making them in USA.
sostock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2006 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sostockSend a Private Message to sostockDirect Link to This Post
i "think" carhartt is the only jean still made in USA.
Iron_Mark_2003

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2006 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Iron_Mark_2003Send a Private Message to Iron_Mark_2003Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by sostock:

Sweet! Than that is the jean for me! Who is their major retailer?
aceman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 203
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2006 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanDirect Link to This Post
Wrangler Relaxed Fit..........."Rrrr-rrr-rip the tag off" (That ad slogan probably shows I'm getting old!)

As long as the color and the feel of the jeans is more of a stonewashed, I'm fine with them.
PFF
System Bot
sostock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2006 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sostockSend a Private Message to sostockDirect Link to This Post

i've found them at a local independent "farm and home" stores. i've never seen them at wal-mart/sears/etc.

if you have a family owned store like family center or a farm supply store that sells clothes they might carry them.
Iron_Mark_2003

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2006 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Iron_Mark_2003Send a Private Message to Iron_Mark_2003Direct Link to This Post

i've found them at a local independent "farm and home" stores. i've never seen them at wal-mart/sears/etc.

if you have a family owned store like family center or a farm supply store that sells clothes they might carry them.

Cool, how about some sample pictures of them?
aceman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 203
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2006 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for acemanSend a Private Message to acemanDirect Link to This Post

http://direct.where2getit.com/cwc/apps/w2gi.php?template=searchnopr&client=carharttpr

Carharts aren't exactly the type of jeans you go to a bar or wears as casual wear. They're pretty much a work jeans

[This message has been edited by aceman (edited 11-01-2006).]

$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2006 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
i like nautica, and silver tab baggy, and corded cargo's
FieroRumor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2006 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
Guys are wearing girls jeans?

Glad I'm not too aware of this 'emo" stuff...
I hate the "distressed stuff that is obvious, and often Twice the price of regular ones...
88_Fiero_2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2006 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88_Fiero_2M4Send a Private Message to 88_Fiero_2M4Direct Link to This Post
I dont follow trends. I just where Wrengler like I always have. Black or faded blue. nothing special. What ever I find on the shelf at Wal*Mart
SCCA FIERO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2006 06:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIERODirect Link to This Post

Faded Glory brand from Wal-Mart is made in the USA. I look hard to buy anything I can made in America. I hate to buy from Wal-Mart, but not sure if they are sold elsewhere.

They are actually pretty good jeans, and dirt cheap.
Jax184

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2006 06:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jax184Click Here to visit Jax184's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jax184Direct Link to This Post
I have a pair of blue and a pair of black jeans from Mark's Work Wearhouse. Someone bought them for me there. I also have 4 other blue or black pairs made by god knows who. I get them at the salvation army, and usually end up taking the name tags off. Doesn't matter who makes them, so long as they fit. And I can't afford to buy a specific brand. I get what's available.
If I wanted faded jeans with holes, I could have them for $4. But that's just dumb.
Don't tell the kids. If they wanna be dumb, it should cost them.
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2006 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Direct Link to This Post

I would bet Farm and Fleet might have them; they have the standard Carhartt coveralls. I'll be checking there myself.

Old Navy was mentioned earlier. I used to have several pairs of their painter's jeans, but the new ones they sell look to be pre-stained. Why the icky stain wash? They used to be perfect; I don't like the pre-stained look.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock