Started on: 09-10-2006 07:40 PM
Replies: 129
Last post by: Cliff Pennock on 09-16-2006 03:21 AM
84Bill

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post09-11-2006 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
Well you arent alone in that sentiment.

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

Christ.

There's a whole bunch of things I would like to say, but I'm really too appalled right now.

IP: Logged
moleman_in_a_FieroGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2006 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for moleman_in_a_FieroGTSend a Private Message to moleman_in_a_FieroGTDirect Link to This Post

Christ.

There's a whole bunch of things I would like to say, but I'm really too appalled right now.

Well, Cliff, that makes two of us.
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-11-2006 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
Fair day patriots... Tahh.. sickons me to no end.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2006 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84Bill:

Fair day patriots... Tahh.. sickons me to no end.

Cant you just let it go? Just move along, we are not like you and don’t want to be.
I came home from a long hard day of work, not unlike a day 5 years ago. I saved my tears for my home, now you even invade me there.
Bill I'm done with you, don’t ask for help again, don’t ask for a kind word when you need it most you will not find it here.

For those that lost lives 5 years ago I hope you find rest, peace knowing that some of us still respect those that were lost. We have not lost the vision of the twin towers that fell, the planes full of people that died.
RIP
htexans1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 118
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2006 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for htexans1Send a Private Message to htexans1Direct Link to This Post
I fly my flag when I am at home, which isn't often. I am not a fair weather patriot, nor am I a hero. I am in the military doing my job, so that September 11 never happens again on American soil.

To those who are serving alongside me thank you very much.
To the American public, thank you for allowing me to serve this great country.
To the Victims, rest in peace, and know YOU ARE NOT FORGOTTEN.

And my last comment, Thank you to the people on Flight 93, You are among the real heroes too.

------------------
1988 Fiero Formula T-tops
CJB 143 of 1252 "factory T-top cars"

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2006 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by htexans1:

I fly my flag when I am at home, which isn't often. I am not a fair weather patriot, nor am I a hero. I am in the military doing my job, so that September 11 never happens again on American soil.

To those who are serving alongside me thank you very much.
To the American public, thank you for allowing me to serve this great country.
To the Victims, rest in peace, and know YOU ARE NOT FORGOTTEN.

And my last comment, Thank you to the people on Flight 93, You are among the real heroes too.

Amen and thank you for your service. They said "Let's Roll", I say ROLL ON!

------------------
Ron
Freedom isn't Free, it's paid for with the blood and dreams of those that have gone before us.
My imagination is the only limiting factor to my Fiero. Well, there is that money issue.

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 09-11-2006).]

SC Coupe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2006 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeDirect Link to This Post
The Flag flies at our house every day. We display it as a symbol of the Liberty and Freedom that is the birthright of all Americans, including those we may disagree with.

Originally posted by Phranc:

I don't have an American flag. And if I did I'd fly it every day.

We purchse our flags from our Congressman. They are high quality, American-made, nylon flags with embroidered stars, and cost $13.00 + $4.00 for delivery. You can afford one. These flags are far superior to the foreign-made printed flags that Wal-Mart sells.

For an additional $4.00, the flag will be flown (albeit briefly) over the U.S. Capitol. You may request the flag be flown on a certain date, and/or in honor or memory of anyone you desire. A certificate will be sent with the flag. Our flag was flown in memory of my father, who served his country during WWII as a navigator in a B-17.

Just go to your Congressman's website and look for a link to 'Constituent Services' or "Flag Request'. You will have to print out a request form, complete it, and mail in a check. It usually takes about 4-6 weeks to get your flag.

By the way, once our flag becomes worn and faded, it is folded and taken to the local VFW post. The Vets there ceremonially dispose of flags once or twice a year. They are genuinely honored to do this.

[This message has been edited by SC Coupe (edited 09-11-2006).]

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2006 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by SC Coupe:

The Flag flies at our house every day. We display it as a symbol of the Liberty and Freedom that is the birthright of all Americans, including those we may disagree with.
We purchse our flags from our Congressman. They are high quality, American-made, nylon flags with embroidered stars, and cost $13.00 + $4.00 for delivery. You can afford one. These flags are far superior to the foreign-made printed flags that Wal-Mart sells.

For an additional $4.00, the flag will be flown (albeit briefly) over the U.S. Capitol. You may request the flag be flown on a certain date, and/or in honor or memory of anyone you desire. A certificate will be sent with the flag. Our flag was flown in memory of my father, who served his country during WWII as a navigator in a B-17.

Just go to your Congressman's website and look for a link to 'Constituent Services' or "Flag Request'. You will have to print out a request form, complete it, and mail in a check. It usually takes about 4-6 weeks to get your flag.

By the way, once our flag becomes worn and faded, it is folded and taken to the local VFW post. The Vets there ceremonially dispose of flags once or twice a year. They are genuinely honored to do this.

Thanks for the info! I'm going to check into that for my next flag.
sostock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2006 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sostockSend a Private Message to sostockDirect Link to This Post
AuNROD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2006 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AuNRODSend a Private Message to AuNRODDirect Link to This Post
The flag has flown at our home 24 / 365 every since 9-11.

Thank you, one and all in the services, for fighting to keep our freedom.
Hulk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2006 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HulkSend a Private Message to HulkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SC Coupe:

Wow I didn't know that! Now I just have to find some sort of lighting system...
PFF
System Bot
Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2006 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaDirect Link to This Post
I didn't know congressmen now charged for the request... used to be all you had to do was ask.
sostock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2006 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sostockSend a Private Message to sostockDirect Link to This Post
Flags can also be purchased without being flown and flying costs would not apply.

If you would like your flag flown over the Capitol, there is a charge of $4.05 per flag. There is also a shipping and handling fee of $4.00 per flag.

via Sen KIt Bonds web site.
you can get one that hasn't been flown and only pay for shipping. so $4 and you can have a flag.
partsman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2006 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partsmanSend a Private Message to partsmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulk:
Now I just have to find some sort of lighting system...

I use a solar light kit. It has 2 spot lights and a small solar panel. I bought it at the a Hardware store.

88GTNeverfinished

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 110
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2006 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTNeverfinishedSend a Private Message to 88GTNeverfinishedDirect Link to This Post

Christ.

Thank you for holding your tongue. The view from outside is very different from the view here. We are divided more than at anytime since the civil war. Some believe our response to 9/11 was the only path to take to save our country. Others believe it was a reactionary response to push forward a domestic and foreign policy agenda that could not have otherwise taken place.

We went from almost unanimous support of our President 5 years ago on this day to far less than half today.

History will judge.
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-12-2006 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:
Cant you just let it go?

Yes I can

Just move along, we are not like you and don’t want to be.

So I don't have the right to be here and enjoy my time, voice my opinion as everyone else does? I'm not permitted to DEFEND myself and those rights.. not just mine but yours?

What I mean by that is when your opinion differes from "the pack"... What are you going to do? Stand up and shout or stff a sock in it and life a life of mediocrity?

I came home from a long hard day of work, not unlike a day 5 years ago. I saved my tears for my home, now you even invade me there.
Bill I'm done with you, don’t ask for help again, don’t ask for a kind word when you need it most you will not find it here.

Apparently you cant leave it alone. Gotta make me pay for my opinions.. persecute the infidel, the odd ball. Make him beg. Well Jake.. I really wont bother to ask since this is exactly what I was talking about with my initial post...

Fair day patriots.. Does it apply to you Jake? Judging by your reply apparently it does. So be it.

For those that lost lives 5 years ago I hope you find rest, peace knowing that some of us still respect those that were lost. We have not lost the vision of the twin towers that fell, the planes full of people that died.
RIP

Yes.. RIP while we make war and destroy everything in your name and memory. Oh but the "cause" will be just ducky...
sostock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2006 02:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sostockSend a Private Message to sostockDirect Link to This Post
i can understand your righteousness and appriciate it Bill.

but let me ask you this: what's worse, a "fair weather" patriot who only flys their flag on holidays or someone who doesn't fly or give a crap at all?

i drove through my neighborhood tonight on the way to work. saw very few flags. that really bothered me. i'd rather side with the holiday flag flier than the forgetful.

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-12-2006 04:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sostock:
i can understand your righteousness and appriciate it Bill.

damn... righteousness? I'm not a upright, moral or virtuous person in a democratic context..
If you mean defensive.. absolutly!

but let me ask you this: what's worse, a "fair weather" patriot who only flys their flag on holidays or someone who doesn't fly or give a crap at all?

i drove through my neighborhood tonight on the way to work. saw very few flags. that really bothered me. i'd rather side with the holiday flag flier than the forgetful.

Depends on why it is being flown.
To me it represents dedication to the founding principals of this country. I take those founding principals very seriously and personally.

If it is a yard orniment.. thats bad... very bad!

It's not just something to be displayed because it's the thing to do and everyone else is doing it. It's about what you do to make that flag and what it represents meaningful. It represents your personal sacrefices made in defending the founding principals.. Not what others have done FOR YOU.

The Declaration of Independence
The United States Constitution.
The Bill Of Rights

The founders gave you them. The flag symbolizes them. They are the principals on which this country was founded. Read them, Understand them, Cherish them. Many have fallen and handed you the awesome task of defending them so Defend them and at the same time you will Honor those who sacreficed for them.

Its your turn.. what are you going to do?

"Eternal Vigilance Is the Price of Freedom" - Thomas Jefferson

One last thing..
Read these...

"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine." - Thomas Jefferson

"Democracy is the most vile form of government... democracies have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention: have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property: and have in general been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths.” - James Madison

Now go watch the servant of the people.. I mean the president at his next speech and listen very carefully.
Freaking guy is an idiot who obviously never heard the warnings of James Madison or Thomas Jefferson.

[This message has been edited by 84Bill (edited 09-12-2006).]

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-12-2006 05:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

84Bill

21085 posts
Member since Apr 2001
And to the rest of you.

I didn't just pop in here to make a post to piss you off.

Fly the flag anytime you want but it pisses me off when it is done without any clue as to what it symbolizes and I don't mind saying so out loud.

So go ahead people... get all bent out of shape, take it personally, be offended, you have that right, hell I'm exercising that right too.. it's all GOOD! but you don't have the right to tell me what I can or can not do or say. To do so is in defience of everything that flag you are waiving around stands for.

Peace out.

Ohhh almost forgot.

“Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives.” - James Madison

fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2006 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
Is there NO thread that can't be soiled by 84Bill?
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2006 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post
If you are going to quote Jefferson at least quote what he would say on the 5th anniversary of 9/11;

Like this:

"The arms we have been compelled by our enemies to assume we will, in defiance of every hazard, with unabating firmness and perseverance, employ for the preservation of our liberties being with one mind resolved to die free rather than live slaves. "

--Thomas Jefferson, 1775

Although after reading your posts Bill he might say something like this:

"Ignorance is preferable to error, and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing than he who believes what is wrong."

-Thomas Jefferson (Notes on Virginia, 1782)
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2006 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

All I ask is that you do something. Waiving a banner in the air and making some "patriotic" parroting statements does not make you a patriot.

So, what would you ask us to do? What do YOU do, Bill?

What makes you any more or less of a patriot than someone else?
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2006 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
taken to PM

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 09-12-2006).]

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-12-2006 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:
So, what would you ask us to do?

The Bill Of Rights

The founders gave you them. The flag symbolizes them. They are the principals on which this country was founded. Read them, Understand them, Cherish them. Many have fallen and handed you the awesome task of defending them so Defend them and at the same time you will Honor those who sacreficed for them.

Fight, resist, complain. Do anything but don't be a government programmed, democracy loving bobblehead!

What do YOU do, Bill?

Someone once said I hold my finger just a hair short from the nose of authority and say... "I'm not touching you!"

What makes you any more or less of a patriot than someone else?

1. a person who loves, supports, and defends his or her country and its interests with devotion.
2. a person who regards himself or herself as a defender, esp. of individual rights, against presumed interference by the federal government.

With vigor and passion... read my posted reply to retardster and his arrogance of my right to quote Jefferson as I wish when I wish and how I wish.

I obviously stand alone.

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2006 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Nuff said, my flag is safe but I have been thinking of making a box for it and retiring it to the living room. If that’s ok
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-12-2006 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

Nuff said, my flag is safe..... snip

Unacceptable to assume that.

"Eternal Vigilance Is the Price of Freedom" - Thomas Jefferson

Feel free to rest and assume all is well but the price for doing so will be very high. It is one I begrudgingly pay because democracy dictates that I must. I won't accept that your flag is safe and I'll make you aware of the price I pay for your assumptions and lack of vigilence.

"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine." - Thomas Jefferson

Do what you want Jake and I'll do the same. I just hope we never stop talking.
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-12-2006 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

84Bill

21085 posts
Member since Apr 2001

Originally posted by Toddster:
If you are going to quote Jefferson at least quote what he would say on the 5th anniversary of 9/11;

Like this:

"The arms we have been compelled by our enemies to assume we will, in defiance of every hazard, with unabating firmness and perseverance, employ for the preservation of our liberties being with one mind resolved to die free rather than live slaves. "

--Thomas Jefferson, 1775

First.. bite me.
I'll quote Thomas Jefferson any way I want. I will demand my right to do so and you WILL respect it.
I'll take a few red ratings to demonstrate to you and everyone else my resolve in defence of my liberties. I don't like it, I don't want to sacrefice my membership for YOU because you are hardly worth it but it's the price I'll pay to make you aware that I'm not your slave.

The arms "I" have been compelled by "MY" enemies to assume "I" will.
In defiance of every hazard, with unabating firmness and perseverance, employed for the preservation of "MY" liberties.
Being with sound mind "I AM" resolved to die free rather than live as a slave.

No, Thats not Thomas Jeffersons quote. I just made it PERSONAL!

Although after reading your posts Bill he might say something like this:

That a boy!

Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2006 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

I just made it PERSONAL

And that is why you know jack **** about Jefferson. He never would have.
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-12-2006 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Toddster:
And that is why you know jack **** about Jefferson. He never would have.

I delight in the idea of having you meet him in persoan so you may back up those assumptions.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2006 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

The Bill Of Rights

Fight, resist, complain. Do anything but don't be a government programmed, democracy loving bobblehead!

Someone once said I hold my finger just a hair short from the nose of authority and say... "I'm not touching you!"

1. a person who loves, supports, and defends his or her country and its interests with devotion.
2. a person who regards himself or herself as a defender, esp. of individual rights, against presumed interference by the federal government.

With vigor and passion... read my posted reply to retardster and his arrogance of my right to quote Jefferson as I wish when I wish and how I wish.

I obviously stand alone.

Thank you for the reply. But I submit that neither complaining nor remaining silent makes you a patriot. You are an adament supporter of free speech and don't want anyone else to tell you what to think, say or do, and rightly so. So I would like to respectfully remind you not to tell us what to say, think, or do in order to show our patriotism.

In occupied France during WWII, not everyone shouted from the rooftops their disapproval of their Nazi occupiers. Some remained quiet. Some hid - went underground. Some worked from behind the scenes to form the French Resistance. I dare say they were patriots of the highest order.

You go on shouting out your views and your disapproval. That is your right and I will not attempt to silence you. All I ask is the same consideration for those who choose a different path.
84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-12-2006 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

Thank you for the reply.

Any time.

But

Oh.. you arent thankful... Very well, thanks for your honesty. It is appriciated.

I submit that neither complaining nor remaining silent makes you a patriot.

I submit this as proof to the contrary.

The Oral Complaint

"The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world."

AND

Remaining silent makes you a sheep to be lead willingly and without protest to the slaughterhouse for processing.

You are an adament supporter of free speech and don't want anyone else to tell you what to think, say or do, and rightly so.

Yes, that is correct.

So I would like to respectfully remind you not to tell us what to say, think, or do in order to show our patriotism.

Not once have I told you what to say. You can say ANYTHING you want.
However, I demand that you show your patriotism when displaying the symbol that represents it. Anything less angers me and I will make that known to all.

The flag is a hallowed symbol representing principals. To strip the principals from it makes it a hollow meaningless pathetic rag on a stick.

Silence me if you wish but the peril and peanilty for doing so is one we both will suffer and one that I will not accept without great resistance.

In occupied France during WWII, not everyone shouted from the rooftops their disapproval of their Nazi occupiers. Some remained quiet. Some hid - went underground. Some worked from behind the scenes to form the French Resistance. I dare say they were patriots of the highest order.

They hid for good reason, they fought for an even better one. I'm not stupid Formula88, neither were the French Resistance fighters.

It is better to be looking down at the grass with contempt than be looking up at it with vaccant eyes.

You go on shouting out your views and your disapproval. That is your right and I will not attempt to silence you.

No will I you.

All I ask is the same consideration for those who choose a different path.

Any path a person takes that does not conform to the definition of patriotism, is not the path of patriotism.
That is what this post.. MY posts are all about.

Consideration is granted to everyone equally. It's a given, I will vociferously demand it when I feel I'm not getting it.
I expect the same of you.. in fact I demand it of you.

I respect you as an individual, I respect your rights. However, I do not have to agree with you to show my respect for you.
I vociferously demand the same of you.

Either we stand united and enjoy the rewards or we fall divided and suffer the results. Like it or not, the ground we stand on will be common and level.... and we WILL share it equally.

"When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

• George Read • Caesar Rodney • Thomas McKean • George Clymer • Benjamin Franklin • Robert Morris • John Morton • Benjamin Rush • George Ross • James Smith • James Wilson • George Taylor • John Adams • Samuel Adams • John Hancock • Robert Treat Paine • Elbridge Gerry • Josiah Bartlett • William Whipple • Matthew Thornton • Stephen Hopkins • William Ellery • Lewis Morris • Philip Livingston • Francis Lewis • William Floyd • Button Gwinnett • Lyman Hall • George Walton • Richard Henry Lee • Francis Lightfoot Lee • Carter Braxton • Benjamin Harrison • Thomas Jefferson • George Wythe • Thomas Nelson, Jr. • William Hooper • John Penn • Joseph Hewes • Edward Rutledge • Arthur Middleton • Thomas Lynch, Jr. • Thomas Heyward, Jr. • Abraham Clark • John Hart • Francis Hopkinson • Richard Stockton • John Witherspoon • Samuel Huntington • Roger Sherman • William Williams • Oliver Wolcott • Charles Carroll • Samuel Chase • Thomas Stone • William Paca

I hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Care to make it personal or is it just a conglomeration of words to be admired and not taken seriously?
PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2006 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

However, I demand that you show your patriotism when displaying the symbol that represents it. Anything less angers me and I will make that known to all.

Mine or your definition? The one you posted and sent me in an e-mail. I seem to meet them both yet you still point your finger from your soap box and say you are more a patriot than me and I should take my rag down.

pa·tri·ot (pâ¹trê-et, -òt´) noun
One who loves, supports, and defends one's country.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Third Edition copyright © 1992 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Electronic version licensed from INSO Corporation. All rights reserved. American Heritage is a registered trademark of Forbes, Inc.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2006 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Consideration is granted to everyone equally. It's a given, I will vociferously demand it when I feel I'm not getting it.
I expect the same of you.. in fact I demand it of you.

I respect you as an individual, I respect your rights. However, I do not have to agree with you to show my respect for you.
I vociferously demand the same of you.

Either we stand united and enjoy the rewards or we fall divided and suffer the results. Like it or not, the ground we stand on will be common and level.... and we WILL share it equally.

Very well said. I am in total agreement with you, there. I do express my displeausre of the things I disagree with, though perhaps not as vocally as you do. And I will be making my opinions known on election day. I just hope there's some option. Nobody of either party, IMO, deserves re-election this time around.

------------------
"The events of September the 11th brought destruction to the Arab and Islamic world..."
- Suleiman Al-Ghulaiga, a Riyadh university student

jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2006 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post

The arms "I" have been compelled by "MY" enemies to assume "I" will.

Originally written by Thomas Jefferson:

The arms we have been compelled by our enemies to assume we will

Notice the difference in the two quotes. Jefferson is concerned for the welfare of the COUNTRY. Bill seems concerned with the welfare of Bill

I obviously stand alone.

Why? Because other people see things differently than you? What makes your opinion superior? When did you become infallible? Why do you assume that YOUR way is the ONLY way to do the two things you have listed? Arrogance unleashed (and unjustified).

John Stricker

[This message has been edited by jstricker (edited 09-12-2006).]

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-12-2006 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

I seem to meet them both yet you still point your finger from your soap box and say you are more a patriot than me and I should take my rag down.

I did??? Where?

I believe I said it is unacceptable to assume the flag is safe and further expounded on that premice.

I also included the horrible fact that democracy (which stands in stark contrast to the pricipals this country was founded on) dictates that I must remain vigilent.. IE. I do not assume the flag is safe even IF you feel it is. AND the price of ever vigilence is what I WILL BEGRIDGINGLY PAY so YOU can take comfort that all is well and the symbol is "safe."

NOW....
Go ahead and realigate it to your living room if you want." Go ahead and burn it if you want. HELL MAN shove it up your butt and sing yankee doddle dandy all damn day!! Go for it guy!
All I'm saying... and I've said it MANY times already... It's not just something to be displayed because it's the thing to do and everyone else is doing it. It represents your personal sacrefices made in defending the founding principals..

If the principlas are not there then it is just a rag.... Is that how you see it Jake??? is it a rag??

I'm NOT SAYING it is.. I'M ASKING YOU and all you are doing is accusing me of saying something I never said.

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2006 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post

I did??? Where?

I believe I said it is unacceptable to assume the flag is safe and further expounded on that premice.

I also included the horrible fact that democracy (which stands in stark contrast to the pricipals this country was founded on) dictates that I must remain vigilent.. IE. I do not assume the flag is safe even IF you feel it is. AND the price of ever vigilence is what I WILL BEGRIDGINGLY PAY so YOU can take comfort that all is well and the symbol is "safe."

NOW....
Go ahead and realigate it to your living room if you want." Go ahead and burn it if you want. HELL MAN shove it up your butt and sing yankee doddle dandy all damn day!! Go for it guy!
All I'm saying... and I've said it MANY times already... It's not just something to be displayed because it's the thing to do and everyone else is doing it. It represents your personal sacrefices made in defending the founding principals..

If the principlas are not there then it is just a rag.... Is that how you see it Jake??? is it a rag??

I'm NOT SAYING it is.. I'M ASKING YOU and all you are doing is accusing me of saying something I never said.

I think you compared it to my shorts.

Then why not hang out your tidy whities instead?

[This message has been edited by Jake_Dragon (edited 09-12-2006).]

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2006 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:
THE PROGRAM IS THIS:
On Monday, September 11th, 2006, an American flag should be displayed outside every home, apartment, office, and store in the United States.
Every individual should make it their duty to display an American flag on this fifth anniversary of our country's worst tragedy. We do this in honor of those who lost their lives on 9/11, their families, friends and loved ones who continue to endure the pain, and those who today are fighting at home and abroad to preserve our cherished freedoms.
Thank you.

"We do this in honor of those who lost their lives on 9/11, their families, friends and loved ones who continue to endure the pain, and those who today are fighting at home and abroad to preserve our cherished freedoms. "

Thanks to those that participated. A sincere heartfelt respect and gratitude for those serving this great nation.

------------------
Ron
Freedom isn't Free, it's paid for with the blood and dreams of those that have gone before us.
My imagination is the only limiting factor to my Fiero. Well, there is that money issue.

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 09-12-2006).]

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-12-2006 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post
Then immidiatly following I wrote.

"I misunderstood what you said."

I think you compared it to my shorts.

I thought we went over that already.
I thought you said rags.. If your short are like rags I'll send you 5 bux to get new ones.

84Bill

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-12-2006 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

84Bill

21085 posts
Member since Apr 2001
Thanks.

Very well said. I am in total agreement with you, there. I do express my displeausre of the things I disagree with, though perhaps not as vocally as you do. And I will be making my opinions known on election day. I just hope there's some option. Nobody of either party, IMO, deserves re-election this time around.

Me too.
I feel so discouraged and helpless to change it. Army of one don't mean jack tooty aganst such a powerful machine.. It was never meant nor supposed to be this way...
Toddster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2006 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84Blabbering:

I delight in the idea of having you meet him in persoan so you may back up those assumptions.

Well, since his blood flows through my veins I think I have a more personal insight into the man than most.

Yes, Bill, I would love to see you, who said the following, explain to Jefferson jjust what the hell you are blabbering about:

"You arent free and you don't live in a free country.
Not only are you a slave but you are a bobble head nodding in total agreement with the powers that be who tell you how to think, how to speek how to act. You are bombarded by your masters bullcrap every waking moment of you existance. They control everything you do, no matter what you do and where you "choose" to do it. You cant even walk down the street anymore without official "papers" proving you are who you say you are... to be submitted upon "lawful" command.
Freedom has been revoked. It has been replaced by a contract, a "privilage" that you.. and me have signed that is subject to revocation on a whim so you have no choice but to go along with it. "

Here is Jefferson's take:

"No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another, and this is all from which the laws outright restrain him; every man in under the natural duty of contributing to the necessities of the society, and this is all the laws should enforce on him; and no man having a natural right to be the judge between himself and another, it is his natural duty to submit to the umpirage of an impartial third."!!!

Yeah Bill, you and Jefferson are tight

On the count of 3 you will wake up,

1...2...3...snap!

[This message has been edited by Toddster (edited 09-13-2006).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave