Replies: 101
Last post by: Urchin on 08-12-2001 09:53 AM
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2001 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
Damn, another "too many words" thread.

Somebody tell me if this gets out of hand - 'cos I ain't reading it.

IP: Logged
Neal

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2001 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NealClick Here to visit Neal's HomePageSend a Private Message to NealDirect Link to This Post
CIRCLES...
Everyone is arguing in circles

please if you dont have anything new to say dont say anything, cuz you have already said it 10 posts ago.

now ill let everyone get back to their circular argument

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 354
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2001 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
You guys are all assholes! Your just bashing Ed for no reason (I'm not taking any sides here, I don't really know either of you). Your making fun of him because he argues with intellect and can actually put it into words??
DRH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2001 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DRHSend a Private Message to DRHDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnnyK:
You guys are all assholes! Your just bashing Ed for no reason (I'm not taking any sides here, I don't really know either of you). Your making fun of him because he argues with intellect and can actually put it into words??

Maybe some are... I just find that I often don't agree with the underlying ideas he's putting into words.

Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2001 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Calling those that posted on this thread A-holes is a stereotypical immature attitude. If you read the posts it has nothing to with how he arugues, It's the fact that he does so for the sole purpose of causing people to debate him. His posts are ment to draw people into a heated debate with him.
But don't worry, I'm sure one day he'll draw you into a debate.

84Bill

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 461
User Banned

Report this Post08-10-2001 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84BillClick Here to visit 84Bill's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84BillDirect Link to This Post

Uh huh, I suppose your an athority on the subject.
Ed probably will call you a Cheerleader for saying that.

[This message has been edited by 84Bill (edited 08-10-2001).]

frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2001 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post
JohnnyK,

I seriously WOULD consider myself a ***hole if I bashed EdsB52 or anyone else because I disagreed with their ideas or ability to express them well. But that's just not the case here. You and I have disagreed about things before, but we never got into personal name-calling. We never got into trying to personally insult our intelligences, or character. We never nit-pickingly insulted grammatical errors or spelling errors. We didn't go out of our ways to personally confront each and every individual who disagreed with us, and some who did agree with us!

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2001 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
Frontal Lobe: That is true. I disagree, and then me and the other party involved realized we have different opinions, and we drop it. But these threads just keep going on and on.

Oreif: Nah, I don't plan on getting into an argument with Eds. You just must be a little easier to suck into the vortex.

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2001 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
I'm starting to think JohnnyK and Ed are the same person. I have never seen such devotion... especially to one who sole purpose seems to be to disrupt and an otherwise pleasant board...

Cliff.. in my opinion it got out of hand when someone's wife was brought into it.

------------------

Tennessee Fiero Owners

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2001 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
Songman: Yup.. Must be it, except I was here before you. Devotion?? Did you not read my last post correctly? I'm saying they are BOTH bickering! Read my post again, or I'll sum it up here.. When I argue, we eventually stop because I realize we both have opinions. Thats not happening in this case. However, I do think they are jumping on his back for nothing. True, I am also getting sick of his 8 posts in a row, each one being 5 pages, but ahh well, I just don't read them.
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2001 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Oreif: Nah, I don't plan on getting into an argument with Eds. You just must be a little easier to suck into the vortex.

No way, I won't get into it with him. I don't even read his posts, I just skip over them.

PFF
System Bot
8Ball

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 162
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2001 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 8BallSend a Private Message to 8BallDirect Link to This Post
Just a note here,

As Ole Ben Franklin once said "Never fight with a pig. The pig enjoys it and you just get dirty."

Randy

Mach10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2001 03:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
I was going to email Ed with this question, but I'm too lazy to open OE right now:

Why do you do this? Do you truly feel that people are impressed with what you have to say? It seems that when you run out of ideas, you bash spelling or grammatical mistakes. I don't run my work through a spellchecker. I don't usually need it. I'm a 4th year Anthro major, and I screw up all the time. I guess I must be pretty stupid. Any idiot can spend 15 minutes writing a 4-line post with a thesaurus in his hand. Big vocabulary does not make one smarter than the other, neither does perfect grammar. Saying "3 + 3 = 6" in perfect english using large mathematical terms does not make you a mathematician.

You seem to revel in the bad attention you recieve from the vast majority of the people reading the posts. Most likely, not everyone hates you, true. Most people here don't hate you. I don't. I find you annoying and crass, and I'm sure others here feel the same.

Telling me that you're sleeping with my wife would not go down easy. 6'10@215 or not, expect to be discovering a whole new world of pain and physiotherapy by a wimpy 5'6, 180lb 21 year old male. You knock ME cold, fair enough, but you still have to deal with a shattered elbow. Size matters not. In any case, I'm not married, nor is my girlfriend even in the same country as you, so I put that scenario in the "not applicable" pile.

Now, I realize that this is adding to the fire. Ed, I suggest you respond to me, in person, via email. If you have anything intelligent to say to me, go right ahead. Just remove the spam-blocks:
umfoggsd<at>mail<dot>cc<dot>umanitoba<dot>ca

In the mean time, I will add my vote to the increasing pile of people that believe that you are an immature little man with a couple of grammar, legal, and dictionary texts within easy reach. Why don't you try being agreable for a change? Not every post needs a tasteless comment added by you. You don't have to agree, but you don't need to be so damn obnoxious. Write back soon, dearie.

grinthock

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2001 07:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for grinthockClick Here to visit grinthock's HomePageSend a Private Message to grinthockDirect Link to This Post
I wasn't gonna get into this.... Here is my thoughts, oh and for the record I DID NOT read this whole 3 pages of crap

1st - Personal flame wars have NO PLACE in here, do NOT start a topic to make a statement like that, TAKE IT OFF LIST!

2nd - That comment was hilarious, it was candid, it was cute, geez if you took that seriously GET SOME GOD DAMN THERAPY!

Goodnight

TRiAD

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2001 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by grinthock:
I wasn't gonna get into this.... Here is my thoughts, oh and for the record I DID NOT read this whole 3 pages of crap

1st - Personal flame wars have NO PLACE in here, do NOT start a topic to make a statement like that, TAKE IT OFF LIST!

2nd - That comment was hilarious, it was candid, it was cute, geez if you took that seriously GET SOME GOD DAMN THERAPY!

Goodnight

Grint; no offense, but you're right, you shouldn't have bothered posting.

If you had read the 3 pages (other than being really bored) you'd have seen a few things...

1) This thread was NOT started or intended as a flame war. I simply don't do that.

2) Ed and I apparently have accomplished the goal of this thread; a truce.

3) I am no longer involved in this thread, since it's goal was accomplished (other than responding to you, of course)

4) As for the comment and therapy; Ed even admitted the post was made with very different intentions than you would have posted it with. It was NOT "in good fun", at the time. But we've covered that, and have agreed to leave eachother alone here.

5) Next time, read the thread before you go posting your thoughts...it's been covered. You'll save yourself some embarrassment.

No offense; just bringing you up to speed here...

L8rs.

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2001 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
I don' think grinthock embaressed himself at all (Triad, your accidently starting another fight again). Although I agree, the comment was hilarious.

On another note, Triad, are you even married?! I assumed not.

TRiAD

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2001 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADDirect Link to This Post

I don' think grinthock embaressed himself at all (Triad, your accidently starting another fight again). Although I agree, the comment was hilarious.

Not meaning to start one if I was, it was just a silly post.

Oh, and it will be 9 years this month. 2 kids. ~Better luck next time.

Mach10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2001 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mach10Send a Private Message to Mach10Direct Link to This Post
Ooooooooooh. Burnt!
Don't Assume things like that.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2001 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

[B]Songman: Yup.. Must be it, except I was here before you. Devotion?? [B]

Johnny, that first part of my response about you and him being the same person was intended to be slightly humorous...

And I did read the next post theoretically proving that you are not the same person as Ed, unless you were just trying to throw us off the trail... anyway, it was mostly a joke. But I do find you are defending him more than almost anyone. He does disagree with himself at times just to keep things going.

As I said, I don't have a problem with Ed or anyone who has opinions. My problem is with someone who disagrees with every post made just to be disagreeing..

And for the life of me I can't figure out what you being here before me has to do with anything.

Have a good day everybody...

------------------

Tennessee Fiero Owners

JohnnyK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2001 02:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnnyKSend a Private Message to JohnnyKDirect Link to This Post
Songman: i just meant that since I was here before him, it is doubtful I would have assumed another alias just to start a war a year or two after I joined. I'm not defending him persay, I am just observing that people are jumping on his back for no (real) reason other than to agree with other more respected (?) members.

Burnt? I wasn't insinuating, I was curious..

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2001 04:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
I'm definitely not trying to keep this open, Johnny, but how can you say that people are jumping on him for no reason? This has nothing to do with who is liked better. I am sure that I have gotten on a lot of people's bad sides at one time or another. But in the end, like you say, we decide that it is all about opinions. Did you miss my comment about my first contact with Ed? When I was agreeing with something that he said and then he turned around and disagreed with me!

No offense to you.. you can think whatever you want about the whole situation, it is your right.. but you seem to be the only one on the forum who doesn't think Ed is a troublemaker. I doubt that ALL of us are wrong.

And whatever you think of Ed has no bearing on what goes between you and me. You seem fine to me... I just don't agree with you here.

------------------

Tennessee Fiero Owners

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 08-12-2001).]

PFF
System Bot
Urchin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2001 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for UrchinSend a Private Message to UrchinDirect Link to This Post

Sorry about this Johnny but I just don't see how this was a curiousity driven statement.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock