Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Enterra "Dark Shadow" Restore Thread (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 
Previous Page | Next Page
Enterra "Dark Shadow" Restore Thread by Lady Lisa
Started on: 06-11-2012 09:44 AM
Replies: 226
Last post by: madcurl on 02-08-2013 06:08 PM
Lady Lisa

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lady LisaSend a Private Message to Lady LisaDirect Link to This Post
Hello everyone! I'm Lady Lisa, aka, Mrs. "troyboy". As some of you may know, I have recently purchased a Pontiac Enterra Vipre. I will be documenting the restoration and modification on this thread. Troy has told me that you guys are great help with finding out information and Photoshopping ideas, such as color, wheels, etc. Here are a few pics and a video of the car in its current condition. WARNING: She is in rough shape

Interior:

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Lady Lisa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lady LisaSend a Private Message to Lady LisaDirect Link to This Post
The trip to Archies:

Archie's evaluation video once it made it to his shop from Kent, Washington:

[This message has been edited by Lady Lisa (edited 06-11-2012).]

Lady Lisa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lady LisaSend a Private Message to Lady LisaDirect Link to This Post

Lady Lisa

24 posts
Member since Jun 2012
The look I'm going for with a few changes, but I like the look of the car in black so black it will be:

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyDirect Link to This Post
Let me be the first to say welcome to the madness .
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

Let me be the first to say welcome to the madness .

LOL, me too.

Archie
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryDirect Link to This Post
Ooooo... that top view of the black Enterra is just slick! I think you sent it into the right hands. With the right wheels and body work it'll be a head-turner for all the right reasons. Tell me though, have you considered updating the tail lights for it or do you want to keep it original? (Maybe it's just me but I find they make the rear view look too much like a Datsun). Either way, good luck.
Lady Lisa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lady LisaSend a Private Message to Lady LisaDirect Link to This Post
Thanks! Troy & I are tossing ideas for the taillights. They definitely need to be updated.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
mmmm black.
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Lisa,
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on what I think is gonna be a VERY cool project. I love the looks of that black car too and it has a very exotic shape. I would think personally that some lowering and adjusting of the stance and some much larger more update wheels would go a LONG way and personally I would go 3800 TURBO to back up the looks. That is really a unique looking car and I am quite sure Archie and CO. will take good care of it and make it the beautiful car you are dreaming of. I for one can't wait to see the finished product. There are lots of different rebodies out there for the fiero and IMHO this is one of the rarer and more attractive ones. Peace

Pete
Lady Lisa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lady LisaSend a Private Message to Lady LisaDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the input. For the wheels, I mentioned to Troy a nice set of HRE's and he passed out. . As far as the motor, I'm looking at an LS4 Automatic.

Big Paul

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Big PaulSend a Private Message to Big PaulDirect Link to This Post
Widebody? :P
PFF
System Bot
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lady Lisa:
For the wheels, I mentioned to Troy a nice set of HRE's and he passed out.

WHAT? Come on Troy!

IMO, a set of 505's would look great on there!

Either way, SUBSCRIBED.
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Thats a very nice project you have there... Seeing as how your married to troy I know you'll restore it with some justice..

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 06-11-2012).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post
I noticed the single wooden hockey stick holding up the decklid. Glad to see there's still at least a bit of the Enterra's Canadian heritage remaining!

Maybe Archie will update the decklid with dual carbon-fiber hockey sticks.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 06-11-2012).]

Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

WHAT? Come on Troy!

IMO, a set of 505's would look great on there!

Either way, SUBSCRIBED.

Agreed.....those would look tough on that particular car . They are nice strong looking wheel and obviously high quality at that price. I would prefer if the centers were polished or chromed or possibly black chrome to match the paint. Peace

Pete

Lady Lisa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lady LisaSend a Private Message to Lady LisaDirect Link to This Post
Wide body? We're still kicking around what mods will be done, but I want to keep the car as close to its original form as possible. I am still wheel shopping...perhaps HRE's will be in my Future (gotta keep the faith!)
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
Thats a good investment. I hear they are worth 535,000 dollars once restored. (according to that black cars build website)

I can't wait to see how it turns out! These cars are awesome.

------------------

Archie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

I noticed the single wooden hockey stick holding up the decklid. Glad to see there's still at least a bit of the Enterra's Canadian heritage remaining!

Maybe Archie will update the decklid with dual carbon-fiber hockey sticks.

LOL, Exactly, the 1st thing I thought of when I saw the Hockey stick was that it was in keeping with the Canadian heritage of the car.

Archie
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2012 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Wide body? We're still kicking around what mods will be done, but I want to keep the car as close to its original form as possible. I am still wheel shopping...perhaps HRE's will be in my Future (gotta keep the faith!)

3 piece wheels:-)
Pappy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PappySend a Private Message to PappyDirect Link to This Post
Truly a rare find!

Even though I like the look of the stock taillights - I think something along the lines of the Lamborghini Murcielago would look great on this style car

I don't think they are flat, but with some minor body mods then it should be no problem to blend them in

Okay I really like the look of the Lambo rear end
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 03:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pete Matos:

Agreed.....those would look tough on that particular car . They are nice strong looking wheel and obviously high quality at that price. I would prefer if the centers were polished or chromed or possibly black chrome to match the paint. Peace

Pete

Pretty sure all those wheels are made to order. Get whatever finish your heart desires! (if you have the funds, that is)
PFF
System Bot
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 07:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Actually I quite like the looks of the taillights on that car... dunno what you could do to improve them but hey anything is possible ......peace

Pete
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyDirect Link to This Post
Well the wife likes her jewelry so I will have to put a nice set of rims on it . I was thinking about 19 x 8.5 front and 19 x 10 rear.
She like these rims I saw yesterday the are Asanti AF 165, can someone please photoshop these on the car for her.
the rims

the best side shots of the car that I have

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyDirect Link to This Post

troyboy

2075 posts
Member since Sep 2005
could someone also photoshop a few tail light mods for her also thanks

First the stock Enterra lights with a smoked lens cover
and then the smoked lens cover over Two round lights

Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyDirect Link to This Post
Aight, did a quick dirty mockup using the mighty power of Paint.NET for ya. Without dimensions of the original tails, it's hard to know which round modules would work, so I just sorta guessed it with some random round combination units. YMMV.

Hope this helps guys! Curious thing this Enterra, could turn out absolutely stunning with the right massaging to the bodywork. Archie will see it right.

------------------

Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyDirect Link to This Post

Carcenomy

1109 posts
Member since Jan 2009
Aurrgh, clearly it's late - I didn't read the whole brief. Smoked covers over two rounds. Coming right up...

Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Hope this helps guys! Curious thing this Enterra, could turn out absolutely stunning with the right massaging to the bodywork. Archie will see it right.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed..... That car is quite striking in very nicely done black and if done very carefully it can look very exotic and interesting. If done poorly, well, it will look like a cheap mutant firebird wannabe. If you ask me it is the stance, you gotta get that car down to the ground and on some nice wheels and wide tires. Those asanti's are nice but look a bit too....uh... busy? The car needs some more high performance oriented EURO LOOKING wheels somehow. Those five star HRE's would work or something similar. I dunno. As far as the taillights, I like the stock smoked look. Part of what makes that car interesting is the classic retro look it has. It is like nothing else on the road today. Personally I'd try to keep it that way. The back of the car needs to sit slightly higher than the front of course but again it needs to be done tastefully and getting that nose down low would be a priority for me if it were mine. Less.....CAMARO.....more......Detomaso.......or something like that. Oh and the center mounted exhaust with four tips would be sweet!! hehe Enjoy building it..... I think Archie will get it right. Peace

Pete

[This message has been edited by Pete Matos (edited 06-12-2012).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Lisa welcome !

Your car has soooo much potential. Like someone said with the right touches you will have an exotic looking stunner.

Got my popcorn and soda ready !
Lady Lisa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lady LisaSend a Private Message to Lady LisaDirect Link to This Post
Thanks so much for the Photoshop rending for the taillights. I'm am leaning towards the stock Enterra lights with the smoke glass; updates the car without changing its original style. Now, as far as the wheels, I reserving my judgement until I see them photoshopped on the car. I'm asking Troy to post the HRE's I like as well.
stickboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stickboySend a Private Message to stickboyDirect Link to This Post
Welcome!!!

Can't wait to watch this build.
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post

Thanks so much for the Photoshop rending for the taillights. I'm am leaning towards the stock Enterra lights with the smoke glass; updates the car without changing its original style. Now, as far as the wheels, I reserving my judgement until I see them photoshopped on the car. I'm asking Troy to post the HRE's I like as well.

Damn where's the "LIKE" button....hehe peace

Pete
PFF
System Bot
Lady Lisa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lady LisaSend a Private Message to Lady LisaDirect Link to This Post
Pete, that's funny! Troy was showing me the mod for the exhaust over the weekend. I am considering it.
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Cool.... personally the center exit exhaust makes it look all yummy and stuff....hehehe I would do four tasteful chrome tipped pipes. Make people wonder just what the hell is under the decklid...They are gonna wonder what the hell it is anyways because until I first saw one here I'd never heard or seen anything like it either and I pride myself on knowing the makes and models of obscure sportscars. Peace

Pete
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys for helping Lisa, she is very excited about her new ride. I will try and find good shots of the HRE 505 and the ones she really likes the hre 454 for photoshop. Pete I agree that a nice set of 5 star rims may also look good just have to find the right ones ( maybe Forgeline SP3P or S03P )
The more I look at the car the more I lean towards keeping it mostly stock with updated tail lights ( just smoked), tail pipe mod (2 to 4 tips centered), rear deck lid scoop mod like the black car ( lisa really likes that mod), update the side marker lights (looks funny with just the ribbed molding lights with out the molding), low profile head lights. Lisa has her work cut out for her as I'm just giving her ideas but she will make all decisions (even the wheels ) to make this truly her car. We were looking at modifying a widebody rocker but i feel that the center line on the door sits to low and a modified Madarch rocker would not look good and it would start to clutter up the side of the car.

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 06-12-2012).]

IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
Troy and Lisa, you can go to the Vrimz.com website and click the link for the lite version simulator. Then upload a pic of the car and you can choose what wheels you want. They have pretty much every brand including the ones you want on the car. If you register, you can upload your picture and tweak the sizes

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 06-12-2012).]

Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Troy,
IMNSHO.....this looks dead sexy. I also like the decklid scoop on that car. Almost did not notice it. Very cool car. Good luck with it man. Gonna be a looker for sure. Peace
http://www.86enterraviper.c...gepics/polished2.jpg

Oh yeah I almost forgot.... So is it called a Pontiac Enterra or what?

Pete

[This message has been edited by Pete Matos (edited 06-12-2012).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Troy and Lisa, you can go to the Vrimz.com website and click the link for the lite version simulator. Then upload a pic of the car and you can choose what wheels you want. They have pretty much every brand including the ones you want on the car. If you register, you can upload your picture and tweak the sizes

Thanks for the photoshop and info on the website... Lisa will be up all night LOL
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyDirect Link to This Post

troyboy

2075 posts
Member since Sep 2005

Troy,
IMNSHO.....this looks dead sexy. I also like the decklid scoop on that car. Almost did not notice it. Very cool car. Good luck with it man. Gonna be a looker for sure. Peace
http://www.86enterraviper.c...gepics/polished2.jpg

Pete

I think it was just called Enterra Vipre

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 06-12-2012).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

It's an Enterra Vipre. And "Vipre" is spelled with an "re", not "er"... because it's Canadian, eh!

[EDIT] Troy, I didn't see your post when I posted, but yeah, you got it right.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 06-12-2012).]

Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2012 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

It's an Enterra Vipre. And "Vipre" is spelled with an "re", not "er"... because it's Canadian, eh!

Thanks Patrick.... it surely must be one of the two really cool things ever to come out of Canada no? Hehe JK..peace

Pete
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock