Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Second Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show Frazee, MN July 29-31 (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 
Previous Page | Next Page
Second Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show Frazee, MN July 29-31 by nellieship
Started on: 01-04-2011 05:18 PM
Replies: 867
Last post by: carbon on 01-13-2012 02:01 PM
nellieship

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2011 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post
Date of the actual car show: July 30
Car show begins: 11 a.m.
Trophies: 3 p.m.
Registration fee: $10.00. 100% registration fees going to Tyler Shipman Memorial Scholarship Fund

Date of the parade: July 31

CAMP SHIPMAN opens up: July 28 (George & Beckys On the Corner in Frazee possibly will be on the agenda)

SHOWER: Outdoor hot water shower and shower tent with changing room purchased. Porta-potty reserved. Electric outlets/mirror available in garage for beautification

FIERO FEAST July 29: $5.00 a head donation to help defray cost of food. . Funds accepted at paypal - dshipman (at) loretel dot net (put Fiero Feast in the memo please). Planning on burgers, homemade hot dogs, beans, chips, brownies. Bring your own beverage. All Fiero heads welcome - you don't have to camp with us to party with us. Bonfire, smores, snipe hunting, and ghost stories.

FINANCIAL STATS SO FAR IN THE CAMP BANK
BALANCE $58.24

MY BUDGET ESTIMATE - THIS SHOULD COVER FRIDAY SUPPER, SATURDAY SUPPER (MAY NEED MORE MEAT, NOT SURE), MAKE YOUR OWN BREAKFAST SUNDAY, PORTA POTTY
30 LBS BURGER purchased
20 DOZ BUNS done
CEREAL/MILK/FRUIT BREAKFAST 30
WEINER BUNS 5DZ done
PAPER PRODUCTS done
BARS 20
BRATS 50
weiners done
PORTA POTTY 100
25 BAGS CHIPS purchased
BEANS 25
TOTAL: 410

ANY ADDITIONAL DONATIONS WILL BE PUT TOWARD FOOD, PAPER PRODUCTS, PORTAPOTTY RENTAL.

SATURDAY - The car show is Saturday. Most people had breakfast in town at the Palace or the community center. Saturday night - I'm sure there will be leftover beans and chips from Friday. For those coming back to camp and supper time, let's have meat potluck. Stop at the meat market in Frazee and pick up your favorite thing and we will have the grill going. We will play it by ear.

THINGS TO BRING IF YOU ARE CAMPING: A towel for the shower if possible, cooler, soap/shampoo, beverages. I have a coffee pot for the garage that anyone can feel free to use.

LODGING:
Holiday Inn, Detroit Lakes, 218-847-2121. Mention car show for 109/night rate
AmericInn, Detroit Lakes, 218-847-8795. mention car show for 10% discount.
Super 8, Perham, 218-346-7888. Mention car show. Reservations must be made by July 8. 10 rooms held.
Best Western, Detroit Lakes, 800-338-8547

------------------
Nellie - forever Tyler's mommy

[This message has been edited by nellieship (edited 07-21-2011).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2011 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2011 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post
Well poop! So very sorry for the duplicate. Just goes to show you I am not on here enough to keep up with what is going on. I'm not sure how to delete this post then?
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2011 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nellieship:

Well poop! So very sorry for the duplicate. Just goes to show you I am not on here enough to keep up with what is going on. I'm not sure how to delete this post then?

Don't delete this one. I was just poking at you. lol

This is the official official thread since you started it anyway..
So leave it up.

As for the not being on here enough... Well, you are letting us all down, and not making your mandatory 30+ posts per Fiero owned per week. Get cracking. You have a long way to catch up with the rest of us.

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 01-04-2011).]

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2011 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see you starting early with the planning! It is always a good thing!

I am in for $10 for the heater, we just need a way to donate the money. Do you have a PayPal account Danelle? Let me be the first to say, where YOU think the money from the car show should go, it will go! Both are great causes! Hopefully this year we can kick the amount up a little bit as well

Too bad about the "red neck fridge" With that fridge, strategically placed, I didn't have to walk ALL the way up the hill, around the corner, into the garage, and all the way to the center to get a refill

I have already started to work out a design in my head for the shirts this year. Do you have any suggestions? Keeping it a single color is pretty much essential to keep the costs down. The yellow shirt last year, that showed through for the fire and Tyler's Toy came out nice using just the one color.

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2011 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
T-Shirts must include a snipe this year..
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2011 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Well I really glad this is being planned early .... if Ty"s website can be of any help PLEASE let me know ... I am finally catching up from my total HDD failure and I will put up a Activity section..... if someone can get the 2nd annual poster done I'll get it up on the site. I am presently looking for a high res pic of the 1st annual shield in yellow please email it to me via tylers site addy.... as for chippin in 10 to 15 is OK with me ... does that include electricity on site ???

Watch for an Ebay Auction TylersToy Stuff.... all proceeds will go to the Shipmans to do what they want with it... highest bidder gets it

I am searching for two shields of each (black & yellow 1st annual) also for the Ty's window sticker for the ebay auction..... also at the Memorial Show I would like to do a raffle of a complete "key in hand" website valued at approx $400 to 600$ (covers domaine name and hosting for 2 years and site programming) Will be linked to Tylers Toy via Our Links.

Let me know of any other funding ideas ... all goes to Ty's fondation and the Shipmans
uhhhh what the heck is a snipe ????

Happy new year to all !!!!

your canadian friend
Danyel
Will be seeing you there *** Camp Shipman 2011 or Bust ***

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 01-04-2011).]

nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2011 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post
I do have paypal. my email is dshipman@loretel.net

Anything Danyel raises at the show or on ebay - all proceeds should go to Tyler Shipman Memorial Scholarship. That could actually be presented to a school representative at the show too if that works out. I really want to keep that scholarship going. The class of 2010 just donated $1000 to it - can you believe that???

T-shirts... all I know is I want the exotic superstar one LOL That may blow right over your heads if you don't remember my wal-mart Fiero incident. we definitely need a snipe picture on it.

John - I will provide you with ATV rides to the garage if you should be in such a state that you can't make it yourself LOL. I have a wagon with dumping ability so I can drive you to the door and dump you out.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post01-04-2011 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Keeping an eye on this. I wonder how long it would take to drive to Frazzee from Spokane? Hmmmmm?

I want to donate something towards the Tyler Shipman Scholarship Fund. Can I send it to your paypal Nellieship?

Tony
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2011 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Camping is NOT out of the question for us, Daneele! I am going to try my best to get Steph on board with it, I just request that if you hear muffled Texan screams in the middle of the night, that you do not panic, or look out your window. And if Stu comes up missing, I was asleep the whole time. <== Remember that phrase for court.
cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2011 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post
I cant wait for the 2nd annual Tyler Shipman memorial car show! I am glad somebody started a thread on it....lol. I can take care of producing the shirts at cost again with everything else to be donated. Last year I had also raised money with the car window decals. I am afraid all I will be able to do this year are the shirts. I really would like more money raised every year we do this which means we have to raise more than $1500.00 or so. The entries for the car show brought $1000.00 last year. I would hope we can get 100 cars again but might I suggest that we maybe consider doing a couple of 50/50 raffles. Maybe set a limit of $500.00 then draw a winner and then do it again. This would bring in $500.00. Just a thought. ........on another note my car is on jack stands currently and I plan on changing the motor among other mods before the show. I have to make sure I have it ready! I would hate to drive up in anything else.
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2011 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
I'm going to try and make it this year.. even if i have to stow in the back of andys truck .... im not gaurenteeing im going to be there in my IMSA but if i trust it by than i might try to swing the trip with it.. it not it will be a nice enjoyable ride out in my solstice..... smelling andys diesel in front of me...
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2011 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nellieship:
John - I will provide you with ATV rides to the garage if you should be in such a state that you can't make it yourself LOL. I have a wagon with dumping ability so I can drive you to the door and dump you out.

Danalee ! LOL! Sounds perfect! Hahahah!

Ok, I have an idea in my head for the shirt, and will hopefully be able to get something together as a rough draft, including an elusive Skype....errrr..... snype

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 01-05-2011).]

mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2011 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaDirect Link to This Post
I know my mom and I will be there this year, maybe my dad too. I will have my Fiero there this time. No exceptions.
silver 85 sc

Feedback score:    (40)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2011 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for silver 85 scSend a Private Message to silver 85 scDirect Link to This Post
Daneele,

Not sure that I will make it, however maybe a set of snipe vents are in order. Let's take this to another level. If you have any ideas for laser cutting you would like let me know.

Rich

P.S. How are those Betty Boop pictures coming?
fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2011 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
Steph and I will be there Thursday night, hopefully in time to join you all at the bar. I will also be pulling a trailer with the formula so count me in for providing a big cooler. Hey here's a thought, maybe I insulate the fiero trailer and make it the community cooler? ;-)
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2011 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Its WAY to early for me to know. I have a lot of other stuff to do before that. Yea, it would mean the wold to me to be able to make it but I REALLY doubt I will. It is only a 13 hour drive for me but there are quite a few big factors that are playing whether or not I can go. I need to get a fiero, save money for a house, save money for the trip and get time off. So im really up in the air.
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2011 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post
It's too early for me to know definitively, but I hope to be there in my Fiero...

On second thought..... Hey Bobby, I can drive your Formula, and help save you on gas in your truck.. Hell, I'll even pay for the gas in the Formula!
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2011 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

Its WAY to early for me to know. I have a lot of other stuff to do before that. Yea, it would mean the wold to me to be able to make it but I REALLY doubt I will. It is only a 13 hour drive for me but there are quite a few big factors that are playing whether or not I can go. I need to get a fiero, save money for a house, save money for the trip and get time off. So im really up in the air.

I forget which state your in but if you want and i swing through you might be abl to ride up with me.
------------------

Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six.

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 01-05-2011).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-05-2011 02:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
1204 miles to Frazzee from my front stoop. I could just hop onto 90 the whole way. So very tempting. We shall see how it looks as summer approaches, but I would absolutely love to make this happen, and get the chance to shake your hands.

------------------

fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2011 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rallaster:

It's too early for me to know definitively, but I hope to be there in my Fiero...

On second thought..... Hey Bobby, I can drive your Formula, and help save you on gas in your truck.. Hell, I'll even pay for the gas in the Formula!

Just to clarify: I'm building a trailer out of the rear half of a fiero to be pulled by my formula, so my truck won't be making the trip. But, Rallaster, you're more than welcome to hitch a ride in the trailer if you like . I imagine it will be cozy in there with all the blankets/pillows and such. Lol
PFF
System Bot
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2011 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguy123:

Just to clarify: I'm building a trailer out of the rear half of a fiero to be pulled by my formula, so my truck won't be making the trip. But, Rallaster, you're more than welcome to hitch a ride in the trailer if you like . I imagine it will be cozy in there with all the blankets/pillows and such. Lol

Don't forget the gasoline!
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2011 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Don't forget the gasoline!

And to leave the cap cracked open just a little bit

If Paul makes it this year, maybe we can put a fridge unit on the tool trailer, and have a dual purpose tool shed / walk in cooler!

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 01-05-2011).]

carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2011 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2011 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post
Rich - I will get you those deck lid pictures this week. I kind of spaced it out with all the December things going on. I am absolutely positively in love with them. Snype vents are priceless - I'm not so artsy fartsy but I'm sure someone here could come up with a picture of the elusive beast.

I think a couple 50/50 raffles is a good idea. I know you macho men aren't into quilts, but I think I am going to take the Fiero emblem and do a little magic to put it on a throw size quilt to raffle off. Quilting is my thing... I'm purty good at it if I don't say so myself.

I offered this last year - but we have a VERY retro camper. no frills - I mean no frills... this is not the hilton.... but it does have 2 beds. It is open to whoever wants to "reserve" it. I can also offer the downstairs of the house - I have a Full/Queen size portable bed and couch and floor space. Probably enough room for Andy, Steph and kiddos if that will help.

Chris in IL - The window decals were terrific last year. Any one have any ideas on how to do this again? Refresh my memory - how much front money would it take to get this off the ground. I think if these were actually here in Frazee a month or so before the car show I could ask the local businesses to sell them along with the Turkey Day t-shirts. I think more local people would buy these if they saw them by the t-shirts - which start flying off the shelves as soon as they are put out.
datacop

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2011 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post
I plan on making the trip up there this year.. Probably won't be able to make it with my car, but will hopefully have my daughters car road worthy by then (That way she can drive and daddy can sleep )

We'll be Fieroguy123's shadow on the way

Nellie, you got paypal funds

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2011 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
I'm totally in for a donation! The plan is to actually camp this year, (wife and I hotelled last year), my wife will be there as well....and is bringing her own Fiero!!....

Can't wait!

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 01-05-2011).]

DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2011 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
nellie get ready to start updating your first post everyday to keep the info up to date. Thank you for starting this thread as I forgot about the other thread.

danyel, i've got a yellow shield, but since i hadn't set up my scanner yet, I ran out of time last night. When i get home today i'll convert the RAW scan to jpeg and email it to you. Scanned at sanner's highest res so it took nearly an hour to do. (Linux thing)

Hulki don't you dare attempt to push this off on Steph. You are also holding back on camping. Seems you're scared of us or something.

Tony my trip is also about 1200 miles, but the way I do it... It's may be bad on my heart. I'll say use caution and take breaks.

Anyone up to making a trip to TX for a weekend crunch on finishing MY car. Only been working on it for 5 years. So far managed to make it look like I've put a couple weekends into it though.
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2011 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

I am searching for two shields of each (black & yellow 1st annual) also for the Ty's window sticker for the ebay auction..... also at the Memorial Show I would like to do a raffle of a complete "key in hand" website valued at approx $400 to 600$ (covers domaine name and hosting for 2 years and site programming) Will be linked to Tylers Toy via Our Links.

Danyel & Stu,

I have plenty of left overs if you mean the black and yellow badging I had made up. No problem donating some to the cause. I also made the large yellow shields for marking the caravan cars. The artwork was the same as the small yellow badge. I have the Adobe Illustrator Graphic Art Files available or could make up some addtional ones. All I did was print them out on a color printer and laminate with a clear poyester cover and 3M low-tac adhesive on the back. They were not very durable if they got wet. This year I was thinking about going more permanent, but have not explored costs. I did have a lot of requests for them.

I am also working on the 2011 Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show badges. My designs are about finished and I need my Art Dept to draw them up. I will then be reviewing with Nellieonce completed. I have also thought about putting together a 2010 /2011 commerative collector set of badges.

Leter,
Jeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2011 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
I'd love to have some sort of a Fiero Caravan from the Minneapolis area again. Friday sometime?
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2011 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguy123:

OOooooohhh.... I miss read your post.. LOL. Looks like I'm going to have to get crackin on my Fiero then to make it road worthy for the trip.
PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-05-2011 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DIY_Stu:

Tony my trip is also about 1200 miles, but the way I do it... It's may be bad on my heart. I'll say use caution and take breaks.

If I do make it, it would definately be a 18 hour drive. Hmmmm? I wonder if there is anyone that I could pick up while I am cruising down I90? If I leave my house, after about 3 miles, I am on 90. Then, it is just cruise control the whole way to Frazzee.

When I went to bed last night, I could not stop thinking of this. It is too far in the future, but damn, this looks doable. Marked as a favorite.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2011 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

If I do make it, it would definately be a 18 hour drive. Hmmmm? I wonder if there is anyone that I could pick up while I am cruising down I90? If I leave my house, after about 3 miles, I am on 90. Then, it is just cruise control the whole way to Frazzee.

When I went to bed last night, I could not stop thinking of this. It is too far in the future, but damn, this looks doable. Marked as a favorite.

Yeah, do it Just pack lots of tunes for the trip.
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2011 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Rick, that is almost a thousand miles out of the way for you. I know brad wants to go but like I said, too many variables.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2011 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Tony, not sure if you've run across the picture of my 5hr Power mini bar from last year, but I needed it. I made the trip nonstop after working an 9hr day.
My trip was... 6am wake then head to work. Work the longest day of my life, 530 get home, final loading of car, attempt nap and fail misserably. 8pm goto auto store for extra headlights and ICM. Sit in parking lot debating what's next. 9pm realize house is locked and armed oh well why not... Head out. Didn't get any real sleep until 1am the FOLLOWING night. So yeah one tuff trip for me running 42 hrs no sleep then only getting 5hrs after that. This year i'm waking around 3am then drive up to Kansas then straight to Frazee.

JohnWPB better get your car worthy and DRIVE IT!
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2011 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DIY_Stu:

Tony, not sure if you've run across the picture of my 5hr Power mini bar from last year, but I needed it. I made the trip nonstop after working an 9hr day.
My trip was... 6am wake then head to work. Work the longest day of my life, 530 get home, final loading of car, attempt nap and fail misserably. 8pm goto auto store for extra headlights and ICM. Sit in parking lot debating what's next. 9pm realize house is locked and armed oh well why not... Head out. Didn't get any real sleep until 1am the FOLLOWING night. So yeah one tuff trip for me running 42 hrs no sleep then only getting 5hrs after that. This year i'm waking around 3am then drive up to Kansas then straight to Frazee.

JohnWPB better get your car worthy and DRIVE IT!

You should pick me up in kansas
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2011 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

You should pick me up in kansas

Only if you ride in the trunk... Or add an oil supply to your roller skates.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2011 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Nellie, if nobody else has claimed the camper, the family and I would like to, and you can now officially consider us residents of Camp Shipman.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2011 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Hulki U. My-BFF

5949 posts
Member since Apr 2008
Okay, it's official, we are staying at Camp Shipman thanks to Daneele. She is much more persuasive than that mean, nasty, cutthroat of a scoundrel, bully named Stu.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-05-2011 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Ok. I explained to Amy the whole trip thing. She just doesn't get that sometimes it is not the destination, but the journey. She just don't trust a 24 year old car. I asked, "How can I trust a 39 year old woman then?" And that's when the fight started. (She is my rock, but sometimes it is just fun to mess with her.)

Camping... I can see that as happening. I have an 18' x 18' 3 room tent. It has been used by Fiero enthusiasts before, and will be available. (I really have a great feeling about this trip.) I really hope that it is in the cards. As time progresses, I will keep an eye out for anyone that needs a place to stay.

I would be more than likely traveling alone, unless I can sweet talk one of the Inland Northwest Boys to tag along. Honestly, for me, 18 hours in a car is almost like a day at the spa.

I hope that no one is offended, but this will be my screen saver for a little while. It is also to remind myself just why this gathering is happening.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock