Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Second Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show Frazee, MN July 29-31 (Page 8)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 
Previous Page | Next Page
Second Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show Frazee, MN July 29-31 by nellieship
Started on: 01-04-2011 05:18 PM
Replies: 867
Last post by: carbon on 01-13-2012 02:01 PM
Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
OMG.....is that accent contagious?

Oh Lookit this, it's me at the top of the page dontcha know!

[This message has been edited by Vernon8360 (edited 05-10-2011).]

IP: Logged
nellieship

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post
we are heading toward the middle of May already! Isn't that crazy! Just a reminder that if you want a Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show t-shirt you need to PREORDER and PREPAY for these through me. Deadline is end of June, but if you are like me you might put it off and forget about it until its too late. all proceeds going to scholarship.... and the shirts are super cool.

update on how things are going:
Trophies are in and they look nice.

I am working on getting some door prizes to give away at the show (separate from our Fiero prizes that Syn is doing). So far have some oil (going to put a pan and funnel with 6 qts oil), some car cleaning stuff, oil change gift certificate, and a couple of model cars. Still on the lookout for door prizes of this nature.

I attended the turkey day meeting and our location is still going to be Main Street, 10-3 is still the time, our DJ is set, and I have several volunteers lined up to help out with the show as well. Last year we had trophy cars line up on Main Sunday, but this year there is going to be an additional car show on Sunday put on by someone else. that person did not show up to the meeting so I have no idea the details on that. We will participate in the parade as we did last year, but Tyler's Toy will not be the lead car but in second position. the lead car will be carrying the flag - apparently that is the correct protocol. we will also be taking an opposite route, but don't worry we will make sure everyone knows what to do on Sunday.

Jay is still tinkering with how to build our outdoor shower. we as mentioned have the shower unit just have to come up with a shower house. we don't want anyone standing nekid in the yard LOL.

as a side note, anyone wanting Amish baked goods... PM me what you want and I can order it so you can pick it up when you arrive at camp shipman.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Sounding good. Hey on the shower you could just frame something in deck boards, cedar or even green treated should last. It usually helps me brainstorm ideas by just strolling thru a home depot or Lowes type place, eventually I run into smoething that'll work
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
nellieship--- since I will be there will the car carrying the US flag will the canadian maple leaf be on there too J/K

------------------

My build Thread
http://www.tylerstoy.com

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 05-11-2011).]

nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

nellieship--- since I will be there will the car carrying the US flag will the canadian maple leaf be on there too J/K

i don't know if i have told you this story or not, tyler always used to talk about moving to canada. when obama got elected, he was always joking about when he graduated he was packing up and heading to canada. (not slamming anyone's political views here). it was kind of the running joke in our house that tyler was moving to canada. LOL. i don't have a maple leaf flag, but i might have a hat i could wear you should fly a flag on your car! seriously if you have one, you could be the second car behind the us flag and then tyler's toy. that would be pretty cool to show canada represented as well as u.s.
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
Nellie... Four 4x4"x10 foot pressure treated posts, sunk into the ground 2 feet with a slight hill incline underneath it.
Spaced 48 inches apart so it forms a square.
2x6" pressure treated floor frame around that, eighteen inches off the ground with floor studs 16 inches apart. Use bolts through the posts to hold them.
2x6" deck boards (pressure treated or the new plastic ones) attached to the top of the frame..

Make an identical frame at the top of the posts as the bottom frame.
Cover with plywood.
Three sides get FRP panels (Fiber Reinforced Plastic) over wooden slats. Fourth side gets a cheap shower door.

Put it somewhere you wouldn't mind it staying permanently, but within reach of the water.

For the hell of it, dig the ground out underneath and fill with gravel to help draining.

Shower will last many many years and be very solid...

Make sure the shower head is 7 feet from the floor. Us tall people need to be able to get clean too.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Nellieship--- I'll bring a Maple flag along too just in case

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by nellieship:

you should fly a flag on your car! seriously if you have one, you could be the second car behind the us flag and then tyler's toy. that would be pretty cool to show canada represented as well as u.s.

Paint it on your roof Danyel.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

43225 posts
Member since May 2007

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Make sure the shower head is 7 feet from the floor. Us tall people need to be able to get clean too.

I second that!

Also drainage is probably key, as many gallons will be sent thru this.
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post

Nellie... Four 4x4"x10 foot pressure treated posts, sunk into the ground 2 feet with a slight hill incline underneath it.
Spaced 48 inches apart so it forms a square.
2x6" pressure treated floor frame around that, eighteen inches off the ground with floor studs 16 inches apart. Use bolts through the posts to hold them.
2x6" deck boards (pressure treated or the new plastic ones) attached to the top of the frame..

Make an identical frame at the top of the posts as the bottom frame.
Cover with plywood.
Three sides get FRP panels (Fiber Reinforced Plastic) over wooden slats. Fourth side gets a cheap shower door.

Put it somewhere you wouldn't mind it staying permanently, but within reach of the water.

For the hell of it, dig the ground out underneath and fill with gravel to help draining.

Shower will last many many years and be very solid...

OK... you forget jay is not a carpenter. LOL. its like asking me to fix my engine... well probably not that bad. sounds like you should come thursday or early friday and be our shower project foreman.

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

OK... you forget jay is not a carpenter. LOL. its like asking me to fix my engine... well probably not that bad. sounds like you should come thursday or early friday and be our shower project foreman.

I'd be willing to do that. It depends on whether I can get the time off from work.
I can give you a shopping list if you'd like. Jay would need to dig four post holes as well..
You have my number. Give me a shout this evening if you want the list.
PFF
System Bot
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Paint it on your roof Danyel.

The Dukes Of Quebec....Dont have the same ring to it.

Song intro: Just some good ol' Canadians
Never meaning no harm
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post
btw, i am now an official freelance columnist for frazee vergas forum. that means whatever you do at my house is "on the record." LOL just kidding

http://www.frazeeforum.com/...ID=2&ArticleID=24946
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Looks like I'm gona be there this year... I finish training about the time of this event and asked them if i could have a few days off for it and they said they most likely could swing that
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Are there augers at Camp Shipman ???
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Wait a minute...you've started showering again???
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
This is great! Multiple states, multiple countrys, lots of cars and a shower. What's not to like.
AWDimpreza-L

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AWDimpreza-LSend a Private Message to AWDimpreza-LDirect Link to This Post
Bump, my cam gear took a dump, but I'll have it fixed by the car show, so help me god!

[This message has been edited by AWDimpreza-L (edited 05-12-2011).]

carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post
Is there some kind of show or something?
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
State flags anyone?
Found some at a reasonable price!

$14 not bad I'll get two in case one gets lost on the way up So I still have one for at the car show!
Imagine if every car had it's flag on top? Pretty cool sight to see.

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 05-12-2011).]

cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post
Well after blowing up the first motor about a minute after swapping it in, I swapped in another and so far so good. I do not have any gauges or interior in it yet but want to get it in a.s.a.p so I can start driving the car before the July road trip. Also Nellie I will be PMing you regarding my cookie order and maybe another kind of order from the Amish. We'll see.....
PFF
System Bot
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 02:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Fence panels?

Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by DIY_Stu:

State flags anyone?
Found some at a reasonable price!

$14 not bad I'll get two in case one gets lost on the way up So I still have one for at the car show!
Imagine if every car had it's flag on top? Pretty cool sight to see.

What a great idea! Is there a web site to order from? What size?

[This message has been edited by Vernon8360 (edited 05-13-2011).]

datacop

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for datacopClick Here to visit datacop's HomePageSend a Private Message to datacopDirect Link to This Post

FINANCIAL STATS SO FAR IN THE CAMP BANK
BALANCE $168.39

MY BUDGET ESTIMATE - THIS SHOULD COVER FRIDAY SUPPER, SATURDAY SUPPER (MAY NEED MORE MEET, NOT SURE), MAKE YOUR OWN BREAKFAST SUNDAY, PORTA POTTY
30 LBS BURGER 60
20 DOZ BUNS 40
CEREAL/MILK/FRUIT BREAKFAST 30
WEINER BUNS 5DZ 10
PAPER PRODUCTS 50
BARS 20
BRATS 50
PORTA POTTY 100
25 BAGS CHIPS 25
BEANS 25
TOTAL: 410

Paypal sent to help pad the camp shipman coffers
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by KEV:

Just to let everyone know we our planning on doing another cruise up there this year. There will be a few changes in how it's run. A few of my club members and myself have talked about what we like to do differently this year so it goes more smoothly.. So stay tune for coming details.

My tentative plans have me in the Twin Cities area on Thursday evening, the 28th, in antisipation of a caravan to Frazee on Friday. What are the plans for this years' caravan?

AWDimpreza-L

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AWDimpreza-LSend a Private Message to AWDimpreza-LDirect Link to This Post
If anyone is flying solo on sat morning and wants to join my very small caravan (me, and MAYBE a GTO) is more than welcome to meet me in monticello.

------------------
84 2m4 72 whp 108 wtq, stock.

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
We will be in Frazee Thursday night so if the people already there in camp Shipman want to go out on a cruise Friday I would like that ...maybe meet up and head back to Frazee with the friday arrivals.. DIY_stu are you game ???
cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post

We will be in Frazee Thursday night so if the people already there in camp Shipman want to go out on a cruise Friday I would like that ...maybe meet up and head back to Frazee with the friday arrivals.. DIY_stu are you game ???

I am hoping to be at Camp Shipman no later than 5:00 Thursday. I would be up for a cruise but meeting up with others would depend on how far out to go for the caravan. After being there last year the only real spot would be just before pulling into town from the ramp.

Edited to add: Taking Stu's idea tonight I picked up my Illinois flag for $15.00. Also I read your article " Around the Bend" Nellie. That is awsome that you are grabbing the oppurtunity to make sure this car show comes back every year!

[This message has been edited by cornersonrails (edited 05-13-2011).]

Alibi

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2011 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post
I'm still a go for heading up there and Tuzzi will be able to tag along. I don't think I'll be running my Fiero since I don't currently trust it to go that far, but I'll be there nonetheless. I can still caravan up with some of the midwest guys though and if I don't bring a Fiero I should be able to pack any extra gear/food/whatever too. If I meet up with a caravan Tuzzi can ride shotgun with whoever on the rest of the way up if he wants to.
Alibi

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2011 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post

Alibi

2199 posts
Member since Feb 2009
Just a thought, but has anyone made this as an event on Facebook? It may be redundant, but it might be nice to see who is going by name and might be easier to set up caravans.
Fierochic88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2011 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierochic88Send a Private Message to Fierochic88Direct Link to This Post
Really hoping we can make it this year!!

~ Jen
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2011 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
First off, the last 20 or so messages on the last page, had me LITERALLY laughing out loud! You people are ALL crazy! Hahahahah (Dont'cha know)

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

NO, NO, NO. I will absolutely refuse any kind of donations or charity. That is not why I posted. I posted merely to inform that I would not be there. Money is tight for everyone, not just me. Do not start a 'Donate to Hulki' campaign, please. Any money raised should be going to the Tyler Scholarship, to help send somebody to college who would not have afforded to go otherwise. Sending me to Frazee does not change the future, sending a kid to college does. And don't misunderstand me here, either. I am poor, but not destitute. We were unable to do much as a family last year except Disney in March, and with all that has happened to us this year, if we went to Frazee, we could not afford to do anything else with the kids this year. There are places we have been promising we would take them, and would be unable to if we went to Frazee. So please guys, it just isn't going to happen this year, please let it go.

Andy, I was a bit reluctant to post this, but there really is nothing personal in it, it just shows what an amazing person you are, more than anything.

This is a line out of a PM that Hulki sent me a couple months back. It was in response to needing a part for my build.

"If you need something, and I have it, it's yours. Trust me when I tell you, helping out when I am able is just something I have to do. I can't explain it further than that."

Well, Andy, you are not the only person like that There are a lot of other great people here on the forum that would like to see you in Frazee this year. So, if it comes to someone trying to help you for once, and make that happen, then simply bite your tongue, and say thank you
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2011 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2011 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
If I am making it this year Andy is going to make it . Just list a few parts on Ebay and see what happens
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2011 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Hello all ... we will make a thread in july so you can track us while we are on the road. We will post live and also upload videos while heading to Frazee. This is our itinerary... we had to do some modifications because of sightseeing interest points ....

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alibi:

Just a thought, but has anyone made this as an event on Facebook? It may be redundant, but it might be nice to see who is going by name and might be easier to set up caravans.

Not a bad idea, I'm not real into facebok, but enough people are it sounds like a good idea.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Hello all ... we will make a thread in july so you can track us while we are on the road. We will post live and also upload videos while heading to Frazee. This is our itinerary... we had to do some modifications because of sightseeing interest points ....

In Eau Claire, you'll be 30 minutes from my house. Need a place to crash? Can't offer much more than a "full" bunk and two dogs to keep you guys warm.
My teardrop should be complete by then as well.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Synthesis

12207 posts
Member since Feb 2002

Not a bad idea, I'm not real into facebok, but enough people are it sounds like a good idea.

http://www.facebook.com/eve...?eid=146449352093098
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post

http://www.facebook.com/eve...253908576698&pending

i think i did this right. i don't think you actually have to be my "friend" on facebook to see this... but i am no facebook expert

nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 02:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post

nellieship

479 posts
Member since Nov 2009

http://www.facebook.com/eve...?eid=146449352093098

shoulda known mr. techie would beat me to it. he was a little faster on the draw.. i canceled mine. we are all good
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock