Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Second Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show Frazee, MN July 29-31 (Page 12)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 
Previous Page | Next Page
Second Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show Frazee, MN July 29-31 by nellieship
Started on: 01-04-2011 05:18 PM
Replies: 867
Last post by: carbon on 01-13-2012 02:01 PM
nellieship

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post
the only area that i can see as far as trouble with a swap meet is part of turkey days is a flea market thingy where vendors have to pay 30.00 for the weekend to have a table. it could be construed that the "swap meet" would fall under the "flea market" meaning you would have to pay 30.00 to have a table actually set up with stuff. i'm not sure on that one... if there was enough interest in this next year, i would have time to bring it before the board. what are you thinking stu? like tables with parts people bring that they want to swap or sell? i would say this year, do your swapping at the shipman ranch
IP: Logged
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Didn't know about the Flea Market.... Where's it at this year? I know I'll do more looking about this year and less "messing with the reporters" and hanging John off Mouse's Fork Lift. Just figured if there wasn't anything similar then a Swap Meet may bring in more faces.
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post
Bump cruise info updated
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
KEV Looks like John will be able to meet up with you, I'll be there near or just after dark.
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2011 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Need cruise info please. We are still planning to attend just dont know what route we are taking (I am in charge of directions <evil laugh here> ) so it would be nice to know where a caravan is starting on the way to frazee. Also, because we are a little closer to canada we are looking to buy a SVT-40 (they are more abundant closer to canada) so if anyone knows of a good gun store that way please let me know. Also being impatient is a strong trait I have a good shooting range in the area would be nice . Is there anything that needs to be brought along? The plans so far involve filling a cooler with soda and perhaps other soda? So yea, info I need is the following:
When and where everyone is meeting for the main caravan into frazee
What to bring?
Do we need to bring food?
I dunnnnno!
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2011 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post
food update... Jay is in charge of camp shipman this year. I had to do all the leg work of the car show plus will have to be on top of stuff saturday so I said that is his job he may need some recruits.\

Friday night: - this is part of the $5/person donation to cover cost
Brats and burgers on the grill
chips
beans
cookies or bars

Saturday night:
probably have leftover beans and chips
let's do a meat potluck. stop by Ketter's in Frazee and pick up your favorite grill item and those who are eating at Shipman's can throw their meat on the grill with the leftover sides. if we have any brats/burgers leftover from Friday we will cook those too

Sunday morning: this is part of the $5 donation.
cereal and milk
orange juice
fruit - bananas, apples, oranges - something like that
bagels

I have a coffee pot for the garage so anyone is welcome to use that whenever

what to bring:
a lawnchair if you can fit it
a beach towel for the outdoor shower if you can - I have some but not sure if enough
your own beverages whether pop or alcohol
sunblock and mosquito spray
tent - except for John whose tent and sleeping bag I am still holding from last year
a cooler would be a good idea. the fridge we put in our yard last year isn't here anymore
the kids have an approx 4 ft deep pool set up, so bring your trunks if you want to jump in. pictures will be taken to document
whatever else you want to bring
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2011 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Synthesis (edited 07-31-2011).]

GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2011 12:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

You can bet I'll be there with swim trunks... Scary thought "WHALE OFF THE PORT BOW!".

Yar. There he blows! Especially if you add beans to the mix.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2011 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

Need cruise info please. We are still planning to attend just dont know what route we are taking (I am in charge of directions <evil laugh here> ) so it would be nice to know where a caravan is starting on the way to frazee. Also, because we are a little closer to canada we are looking to buy a SVT-40 (they are more abundant closer to canada) so if anyone knows of a good gun store that way please let me know. Also being impatient is a strong trait I have a good shooting range in the area would be nice . Is there anything that needs to be brought along? The plans so far involve filling a cooler with soda and perhaps other soda? So yea, info I need is the following:
When and where everyone is meeting for the main caravan into frazee

I also would like more clarification please, sounds like there are 2 cruises (one Thursday and one Friday), where and when does each of them leave? Is Pete going to post where and when the Friday cruise leaves or are they both same place and both 1pm? Are we taking hwy 10?

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-12-2011).]

KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2011 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post
JP's Grill & Bar‎
1313 2nd Street North
Sauk Rapids, MN 56379

Is the meeting location from last year and this is where the Thursday group will be meeting up at noon and leaving at 1pm.

The meeting location or Friday will be the same as the Thursday group and the time that the group is the same 1 pm.

------------------

1999 GMC Jimmy 2dr 4x4
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A ...3800 S/C being rebuilt now.
1984 Fiero Indy #1098 w/ Centerline Wheels,Hooker Tri-y header and Indy Scoop with Strobe's
1984 SE Daily Driver

[This message has been edited by KEV (edited 07-13-2011).]

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2011 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post

Beware... Stu is plotting.

PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2011 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nellieship:

food update... Jay is in charge of camp shipman this year. I had to do all the leg work of the car show plus will have to be on top of stuff saturday so I said that is his job he may need some recruits.\

Friday night: -
beans....

Saturday night:
probably have leftover beans......

the kids have an approx 4 ft deep pool set up, so bring your trunks if you want to jump in.

Something tells me, with the items listed, and combined, that by sometime Saturday evening, that pool is going to turn into a hot tub! LOL

Count me in with with the Thursday group to caravan to Frazee. Anyone can ride along with me in the Rental car, if someone does not have enough room.

Anyone that needs to get ahold of me directly can call me on my cell at 561 "too" three six 702 four.

Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2011 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
Check out GTJeff's cruise shield. PM him your e-mail address to get the file you can print out, or take the file to your local Staples/OfficeMax to have printed. Excellent work, will look good in any window! I'll see you for the Friday caravan to Frazee. Who is joining the Thursday caravan and who will be driving up with Friday's group?
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2011 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vernon8360:

Check out GTJeff's cruise shield. PM him your e-mail address to get the file you can print out, or take the file to your local Staples/OfficeMax to have printed. Excellent work, will look good in any window! I'll see you for the Friday caravan to Frazee. Who is joining the Thursday caravan and who will be driving up with Friday's group?

You can get it from here: http://www.chalnet.net/2011.pdf
Stars&Stripes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2011 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stars&StripesSend a Private Message to Stars&StripesDirect Link to This Post
Hello everyone! Looking forward to another weekend in Frazee (has it been a year already?). Since I am heading the Friday caravan, I am going to keep it simple in that we meet at the same place (JP Grill & Bar in Sauk Rapids) and time (meet at 12 noon and leave at 1pm) as the Thursday caravan. Let's hope we have none of the caravan problems that we had last year!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2011 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
My wife and I will be going up on Friday each in our own Fiero.

Does anyone want to meet up in the Minneapolis area and cruise together to J.P.s in sauk rapids? Stars&Stripes will you lead a group to JPs or just from JPs?

A large group did this last year leaving from a hotel parking lot just off of I94 and hwy 100, but it looks like that isn't already planned this year. Correct me if I am wrong.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-13-2011).]

Stars&Stripes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2011 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stars&StripesSend a Private Message to Stars&StripesDirect Link to This Post
Since I live in the far northern suburbs of the Twin Cities, do you want to meet in Elk River and then cruise Hwy. 10 to Sauk Rapids?

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2011 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Stars&Stripes:

Since I live in the far northern suburbs of the Twin Cities, do you want to meet in Elk River and then cruise Hwy. 10 to Sauk Rapids?

Sounds good Pick an address and time and we'll be there, maybe a parking lot somewhere, maybe others can meet there as well.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2011 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
I found something to add to the raffle It's not really Fiero related, but more general purpose. It's an MP3 player that Innovatek gave me when I was in China last time at their factory. It was one of the first batch that were coming right off the assembly line getting ready for the retail market. You can add up to a 16 Gig SD TF card to give it a 20 gig capacity. I use my iPhone for music, and it is something I never opened or used.

It's pretty cool, MP3, Video Player, Camera, Games, Radio ect...

They go for $49.95 US on Innovatek's website.

Here is a photo and all of the specs:

NOTE: Phillip that does the product specs and wording is from Montreal, and thus has been worded in English by someone that natively speaks French
snowblindburd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2011 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for snowblindburdSend a Private Message to snowblindburdDirect Link to This Post
I will be there, officially got the weekend off from work =)! I just sent in some money for the feast on Friday.

I'll most likely be hotel-ing it up if I have any luck getting a room. I'm not sure if I'm staying through Sunday or not, but Friday and Saturday are for sure.

------------------

1990 Pontiac Sunbird /// 1995 Beretta Base /// betty progress

nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2011 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post
let's take a head count. how many from this board are coming?

I know
Chris from IL - the t-shirt man
Synthesis - the mcee and door prize man
Danyel and Helen - our Canadian friends
Jason and his wife
Stuart and his bud
Purplereign - the fast man
Antuzzi
Alibi
JohnWPB
Pete
Snowblindburd
JeffGT - the badge man
Fred and Annette - my fellow winos
Matt and his mom and dad - along with Carol's famous chex mix which I might share
Vernon8360
Kev
Stumpkin maybe
RossT and wife - maybe

[This message has been edited by nellieship (edited 07-14-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2011 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post

let's take a head count. how many from this board are coming?

I know
Synthesis
Danyel and Helen
Jason and his wife
Stuart
Antuzzi
JohnWPB
Pete
Snowblindburd
JeffGT
Fred and Annette
Matt and his mom and dad
Vernon8360
Kevin
Stumpkin maybe

Oh, Oh... Me Me Me. I am coming. I plan to caravan Thursday.
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2011 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post
oh jeesh... call me embarrassed. what did I just talk to you yesterday. I will blame it on the wine. I am bottling tonight and it is yummy delicious. sangria with orange. I might even if share if there is any left

Originally posted by cornersonrails:

Oh, Oh... Me Me Me. I am coming. I plan to caravan Thursday.

Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2011 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2011 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Alibi from PFF is coming also.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2011 02:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
I'm a plus 1. bringing my best bud since grade school.For dinner's lunches etc... I'm planning on bringing cash.. or is paypal preferred?

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 07-14-2011).]

RossT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2011 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RossTClick Here to visit RossT's HomePageSend a Private Message to RossTDirect Link to This Post
My wife and I are thinking of coming again. I am the bald guy that shows up at all the fiero events but never brings his own fiero...
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2011 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Yepp we will be there ... we are leaving Levis this monday ... as scheduled in previous post ....

------------------

My build Thread
http://www.tylerstoy.com

nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2011 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post
100 goodie bags stuffed - check
more flyers handed out - check
paper plates, cups, napkins, toliet paper, soap and shampoo bought - check
buns ordered - check
shower tent put together - check
hot water shower thingy tested - check
portapottie ordered - check
popcorn machine lined up for the man cave - check

is it time for a cocktail????
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2011 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post

nellieship

479 posts
Member since Nov 2009
anybody out there have any leftover vehicle identification cards to put on car entrants? I have 100 from Summit. I thought Jegs would send some but didn't. concerned if we have more than 100 that i am in trouble....
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2011 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

anybody out there have any leftover vehicle identification cards to put on car entrants? I have 100 from Summit. I thought Jegs would send some but didn't. concerned if we have more than 100 that i am in trouble....

Just print some out! Get some heavy weight paper, and print.

They don't need to be special.

Car number:
Name:
City:
Make:
Model:
Special Features: where the owner can toss something special about their car.
PFF
System Bot
R Runner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2011 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
It's great to see that everything is coming together even better than last year.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it.

I just stared a new job and getting that much time off is not going to be possible for me this year. I really want to go but I'll have to plan on next year.

Talk to you guys and gals later. Paul
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2011 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2011 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by R Runner:

It's great to see that everything is coming together even better than last year.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it.

I just stared a new job and getting that much time off is not going to be possible for me this year. I really want to go but I'll have to plan on next year.

Talk to you guys and gals later. Paul

Paul, congratulations on the new job. Sorry that you are going to miss the show this year. Chris
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2011 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Well things may have changed. Its up the air I'f I'm gona be there or not because of the run I landed. I'm going to talk to my dispatcher and see what i can work out to drive out there in my car but the run I got is to good a run to jeopardize if they need me so we'll see what happens
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2011 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2011 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
WHAT?

People we are gonna NEED sooo many newbies just to make up fore the people that can't make it.

Sorry to hear some may not be able to make it, but hey starting now save money so you can make it next year, and don't spend it on anything else. I mean we are talking no hotel bill here at the beautiful camp Shipman resort.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 07-15-2011).]

cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2011 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post

I just did my finance checks for this month, and I am not sure I will be able to make it either.
Still working on it. We'll see how it pans out.

Chris you have to make it up. Work it out somehow.
Synthesis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2011 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2011 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Chris if there is any overhead cost for things you've done for the Tyler memorial show you could make that known and possibly people could chip in to cover it if they want to. I would be willing.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock