Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Tennessee Fiero Club (Page 9)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
Tennessee Fiero Club by BlueGT
Started on: 01-18-2005 02:09 PM
Replies: 568
Last post by: Pete Matos on 04-09-2011 12:48 PM
wanobi

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2006 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wanobiSend a Private Message to wanobiDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vonov:

I bought my first gravity feed gun a few years ago. I'd rather eat worms than go back to siphon feed.

Btw, Rod, I still haven't had much time to do any polishing; would it be okay to bring my buffer to our get together?

That will be fine, I only have a vacuum feed gun, I am going to get a gravity feed one.
IP: Logged
Vonov

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2006 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Gravity feed guns have come down a lot in price over the past few years. When you buy one, practice with it a bit before using it on your car; the GF gun lays down more material with less pressure, and it's easy to get runs. On the other hand, once you get used to it, it's much easier (IMHO) to lay down a nice finish. It also uses less paint.

[This message has been edited by Vonov (edited 06-07-2006).]

wanobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2006 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wanobiSend a Private Message to wanobiDirect Link to This Post
Ok, only a week away . Hopefully the weather will stay dry..

lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2006 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
i'm planning to be there. got your PM with address.
topher_time

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2006 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeDirect Link to This Post
Counting down the days, I second the request for good weather. Would you like me to bring anything? Just trying to plan ahead.
wanobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2006 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wanobiSend a Private Message to wanobiDirect Link to This Post
I'm going to supply coke's and sprite's and assorted chips. we can figure out a lunch once most everyone gets there. Have a grocery store and a couple restaurants less than a mile away.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2006 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Hello,
Just wondering if your group would have an interest in getting together with Bluegrass Fieros. Here's an event that might just fill the bill. It's near the KY/TN border so it would be a bit of a drive for both groups but offers an opportunity for us to get a bunch of Fieros together in one place.

Check it out: http://www.somernitescruise.com/events.aspx

Let me know if you all have an interest, the next event is 24 June.

------------------
Ron
Freedom isn't Free, it's paid for with the blood and dreams of those that have gone before us.
My imagination is the only limiting factor to my Fiero. Well, there is that money issue.

BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2006 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post
I'm sure the East Tennessee Fiero's would... I'll mention it to a few people. I am not very far away, so I'm sure I'll be up to it. Just need to fix that small little problem I metioned to you several days ago. Untill I can find a line, I'm somewhat grounded. Might have to do a temporary "quick fix".

wanobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2006 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wanobiSend a Private Message to wanobiDirect Link to This Post
duct tape and bailing wire has gotten me through many a jam.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2006 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Well, I'll tell what, if you all wanted to meet up there, I'll bet several folks from Bluegrass Fieros would also come.

------------------
Ron
Freedom isn't Free, it's paid for with the blood and dreams of those that have gone before us.
My imagination is the only limiting factor to my Fiero. Well, there is that money issue.

wanobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2006 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wanobiSend a Private Message to wanobiDirect Link to This Post
WOOT!!! Got my painting done....forgot about a small trim piece by the door handle that needed repaint, so with a sputter and spat I got some yellow on it...tomorrow comes the clear coat...pictures come after I get the parts back on the car...these will be the first pics with my wing on it.
PFF
System Bot
Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2006 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Went up to wanobi's house in Charlotte today, and he has enough space to park two HUNDRED Fieros in the spot on their property where the meet is planned. Plenty of shade, a couple of picnic tables, a park-style permanently mounted barbeque grill, a pretty little creek running right beside it; I forgot to take my camera, but pics wouldn't do it justice...think of something about the size of Notre Dame cathedral in the woods.
We got clearcoat sprayed on a couple of pieces for wanobi's car (I kept expecting to see Yoda for some reason); wanobi's going to be really good with a paint gun once he gets a little more practice in. His pieces (some scoops, headlight buckets, a Corvette taillight setup, and a bumper) came out really nice and pretty. I got my first look at Kris Munson's recessed headlight kit on wanobi's car, and it's now on my list of things to put on my car. We had a pleasant Sunday spent shooting parts, shooting the bull, and trading insults with wanobi's father-in-law, who's a real character, and a heck of a nice fellow besides.
Next Saturday's going to be a good time; y'all come!!! I'm gonna bring a bag of charcoal; y'all can grab your own steaks, hehe...
wanobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2006 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wanobiSend a Private Message to wanobiDirect Link to This Post
It was good to meet you also and thanks for the tips on painting. I'm DEFINATELY getting a gravity feed gun. When I was putting the bumper back on the car, I got a little rough with it and caused some cracking around the passenger side reflector. Looks like I'll be getting that extra practice in sooner than later.

For those coming out, I'll have 2 signs real close to the house, when pointing to go further up the road and the other pointing to turn here. Later this week I'll get the camera out and snap a photo or 2 where to turn.

The signs will have this emblem on them, except color's are inverted on mine

figured I should make the signs a little recognizable.

[This message has been edited by wanobi (edited 06-12-2006).]

Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2006 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Those signs'll be great---no one else will know what they mean ("Look, Martha---I bet them devil worshipers are back in town!"); kind of like a sign for a secret society...the Order of Pegasus.

I figured out why the burn on the edges of my headlight cover took me by surprise. Remember the extra foam hook and loop pad I put on the sander? Because I was sanding on such a small surface, the foam pad wrapped the sandpaper over the edges---poof, instant burnthrough. I should've just left the pad off. I've been painting and finessing cars for a while now, and it just goes to show you, you can make mistakes, even with experience. Fortunately, where I did it, it's really hard to see when the headlights are closed.

[This message has been edited by Vonov (edited 06-12-2006).]

Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2006 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post

Vonov

3745 posts
Member since May 2004

Originally posted by wanobi:

When I was putting the bumper back on the car, I got a little rough with it and caused some cracking around the passenger side reflector. Looks like I'll be getting that extra practice in sooner than later.

That's why I try not to remove panels, because my patience level drops to zero when I mess one up trying to put it back on the car...It'd REALLY make me want to break things, lol...
Yeah, the gravity feed is nice...sort of makes you wonder why it took them so long to design one...it's so simple compared to siphon feed, it's sort of like they designed the airplane first and then invented the automobile.

"Hey...we can use an AIRPLANE engine to move vehicles on the ground...we'll just build a really light buggy, and use a pusher propeller..."

EDIT: You know, now that I think about it, a pusher prop would have simplified a great many things...no need for a transmission, or a differential, or a driveshaft...OTOH, the speeds achieved might VERY quickly have outstripped the stopping ability of the vehicles...or the roads available. Lol, nowadays we might all be driving something like a cross between a Fiero and an airboat.

[This message has been edited by Vonov (edited 06-12-2006).]

wanobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2006 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wanobiSend a Private Message to wanobiDirect Link to This Post
Ok folks we're coming up on mid week. Only a couple more days to go.

Anyone else needing directions to get to the meet?

Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2006 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Bump...who's comin'?
tinman4982

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2006 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tinman4982Send a Private Message to tinman4982Direct Link to This Post
i'm planning on coming. i think i have the directions somewhere, but shoot me a PM with them just in case. Also, let me know what you'd like me to bring.

John
jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2006 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Direct Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by jb1 (edited 06-14-2006).]

wanobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2006 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wanobiSend a Private Message to wanobiDirect Link to This Post
For those coming, if you want anything other than a coke or sprite to drink, bring it.

As far as lunch, I figure to wait to see how many show and then get something together. grocery and restaurants are less than a mile away.

Also, if you need directions, please let me know!!

[This message has been edited by wanobi (edited 06-14-2006).]

wanobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2006 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wanobiSend a Private Message to wanobiDirect Link to This Post

wanobi

1257 posts
Member since Sep 2005
once you get to my road, do not turn up it drive past it just a little and you will see this

drive to the curve and you will see this and this is where you will turn

not even 3/10 of mile from my road.

coming from Ashland city: Once you get here

you will go about 4/10 of a mile til you see this and here is where you will turn

My yellow GT will be visible at the turn point .
PFF
System Bot
BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2006 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post
I was informed that the Blugrass Fiero's might not be able to make it to a cruise in Somerset KY... If there's still any interest, let me know... I'm up for a cruise as soon as I get a few more little bugs worked out on the one I'm trying to fix at the moment.

If anybody's hungry and wants to meet in Sevierville or Pigeon Forge soon, please let me know. I know the summer is a busy time for most, but sometime in the upcoming month or so would be a good time to meet for lunch... especially for those in East Tennessee and surrounding area's. We haven't had a get together in some time and there are a few people in the area who are new to the world of Fiero's.

-John

------------------
Got Blue?

BlueGT

wanobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2006 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wanobiSend a Private Message to wanobiDirect Link to This Post
BlueGT John,

You gonna still try and make it out here to Charlotte, TN saturday? I can't remember if I gave you directions If you are.
VA RICR-ETR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2006 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VA RICR-ETRSend a Private Message to VA RICR-ETRDirect Link to This Post
I may have Saturday free.. Email me an address and I may see you guys out there...

------------------

wanobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2006 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wanobiSend a Private Message to wanobiDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by VA RICR-ETR:

I may have Saturday free.. Email me an address and I may see you guys out there...

PM and email sent.
lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2006 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
my co-worker didnt buy the '84. instead he traded his crown vic for an 88, tech 4 automatic. he gets off work at 1, so he may come.
wanobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2006 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wanobiSend a Private Message to wanobiDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lurker:

my co-worker didnt buy the '84. instead he traded his crown vic for an 88, tech 4 automatic. he gets off work at 1, so he may come.

Got plenty of parking, so tell him to come on.
BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2006 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post
Rod, Not sure yet if I'll be able to make it, but I'm gonna try. Project at work has fallen a little behind schedule and I need to get it caught up. Also, I'm having a bit of a problem tracking down a wiring problem on my soon to be daily driver.

Fixing wires aren't a problem... getting to them is. Thank you Mr. Plastic Wire Loom creator!

If I get a chance to go, there's a big possibility that it won't be in my Fiero.

------------------
Got Blue?

BlueGT

wanobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2006 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wanobiSend a Private Message to wanobiDirect Link to This Post
Well hope to see you there, but I also understand the work thing. I had to work all the weekends in May.

They need to do a real men genius for the Mr. Plastic Wire Loom creator guy.
wanobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2006 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wanobiSend a Private Message to wanobiDirect Link to This Post
less than 24 hrs now. Going to go put up my signs, here in a few minutes. Then get back and start washing my car.

topher_time

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2006 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeDirect Link to This Post
Well, unless I get lost, I'll be there. Can't wait to meet everyone and get out of Memphis for a day! Don't have a computer at home anymore, so if I have any questions I'll be calling you Rod.

Again, can't wait to get there.
Chris
PFF
System Bot
wanobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2006 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wanobiSend a Private Message to wanobiDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by topher_time:

Well, unless I get lost, I'll be there. Can't wait to meet everyone and get out of Memphis for a day! Don't have a computer at home anymore, so if I have any questions I'll be calling you Rod.

Again, can't wait to get there.
Chris

pm sent

[This message has been edited by wanobi (edited 06-16-2006).]

wanobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2006 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wanobiSend a Private Message to wanobiDirect Link to This Post

wanobi

1257 posts
Member since Sep 2005
GRRRRR!!!! Some sorry bastard stole one of my signs. Atleast they left the one where to turn.
Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2006 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
When I see people generally acting like jackasses, I don't wonder that we have war...I'm amazed that there are actually periods of peace...

Looking forward to tomorrow...I'm bringin' charcoal, brats, and chips...

I had a slight cooling problem today, but I think it's probably low coolant...the temp gauge kept fluctuating between the two ends of the scale. A quick check I use is to turn the temp control to hot and check the airflow...if the airflow is also blowing alternately hot and cool, it's usually a coolant level problem. I don't anticipate it keeping me from making the meet.
topher_time

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2006 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeDirect Link to This Post
Rod, got your pm. I know where to go now, directions helped out a lot, mapquest was telling me to go east of where I should be??? BTW, Finally replaced the computer that was stolen. It's not as good as I had, but better than nothing; so I'm on PFF 24/7 again. Got my digital camera working so I can get some pics. Sold the Jagaur today so I'll be in a Volvo. Fiero is down, lost the left side upper control arm bushings on my way home . Still trying to decide what else I need/should bring.
wanobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2006 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wanobiSend a Private Message to wanobiDirect Link to This Post
Ok, for those coming hit me on my cell, I'll be trying to go get things ready.
Vonov

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2006 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
What a great meet...met some old friends, and made a couple new ones, VA RICR EATR, who's got a beautiful black GT, and a lovely and gracious wife, and Topher Time, whose Fiero was down with suspension probs. A beautiful setting, and Rod really went out of his way to make everyone comfortable. Even a cold front moving in, with an associated summer thunderstorm, contributed to everyone having a good time. Everyone squeezed into Rod's father in law's travel trailer, which was conveniently situated next to the picnic tables, and the party just kept on rolling. The storm cooled things off, and we moved back outside when the rain quit. (Topher time, in this crowd, you gotta jump right in, or you'll never get a word in edgewise, lol.) Everybody chipped in for food, and we had a pretty fair lunch, if you didn't mind everything REALLY well done. (Mental note to self---check out the grill yer gonna be cooking on before you start...cooking temperature should be somewhat less than that used for forging steel) I did manage not to burn the watermelon...

A very minor collision between John and Mark's car toward the end of the day proved the worth of the Enduraflex body panels; neither car was seriously damaged, just slightly scuffed.

Special note of thanks to Rod's daughter (a lovely and talented young woman) for making the trek up Mt. Rushmore to get cooking utensils and a knife to cut the watermelon with. All I can say is, whoever marries that girl better be one sharp cookie. (An' he better treat her right, too!!!)

On the food run my temp gauge began rising suddenly (again), which necessitated a trip to AutoZone for antifreeze and a new front radiator cap...on the way home, temp oscillated a few times, and then settled down; prob still some air in there somewhere, so I'll burp it again when she cools down. John and Mark, thanks for all your help.

[This message has been edited by Vonov (edited 06-17-2006).]

lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2006 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
i had a great time, enjoyed it immensely. where are the pics?

yes, i nudged john's car. fortunately, no damage except that i lost some of my protective layer of dirt, exposing the paint to the elements.

on the way home, i, too had a temperature spike, guage went up to the halfway mark in traffic, then dropped back down to normal for the rest of the trip.

when we do this again, i promise not to bump your car, john.
topher_time

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2006 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeDirect Link to This Post
Tony, I dont really talk much unless someone else starts talikgn to me, don't really know why. However I was very excited to meet everybody and it was a lot of fun, can't wait for the next meet and I'll be sure to have my Fiero going again. My trip home was interesting, ran into the other 70% chance of rain and had zero visibilty for 70 miles, pics didn't turn out to well. I figure I'll be the first to post a pic of the Fieros that came. And yes, the other Chris's black GT was a very nice car.
Just wish my camera was a little better.

edited because this pic is a little better

[This message has been edited by topher_time (edited 06-17-2006).]

VA RICR-ETR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2006 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VA RICR-ETRSend a Private Message to VA RICR-ETRDirect Link to This Post
I appreciate the nice comments about Black Betty and for the wonderful hospitality shown to me and my wife today at teh meet. It was a lot of fun and I too look forward to getting together with all of you again. Maybe my place next for a grill out/clutch replacing party *wink*!

Here is a link to a few of the pics I took: http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=9CatmrJo5YRo

Great fun, nice people, cool cars. What more could you ask for..

------------------

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock