Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  8th Annual California Coast Run - October 22-24, 2010 (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
8th Annual California Coast Run - October 22-24, 2010 by Songman
Started on: 09-05-2010 05:13 PM
Replies: 139
Last post by: pokeyfiero on 10-29-2010 12:31 AM
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2010 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
I got the T-shirt design and the website done this weekend so I figured I would go ahead and post this so people can start registering. I know some of you have already made your hotel reservations and I appreciate you being on the ball. That will help Shane transition this thing over. So here is the info.

8th Annual California Coast Run

When: October 22-24, 2010
Where: San Simeon, CA

Hotel Reservations
Courtesy Inn of San Simeon - http://www.courtesyinns.com
9450 Castillo Drive
San Simeon, CA 93452
1-800-555-5773
Say you are with Fiero group for $99 for the weekend rate. If they don't give you that rate, ask for Manish.

Event Schedule

Friday, October 22
- Arrive Friday and check into hotel.
- Meet in pool area at 6PM for meet n' greet.
- Dinner at Main Street Grill in Cambria at 7:30PM

Saturday, October 23
- Start lining up cars at 8:00AM.
- Driver's Meeting at 8:30AM
- Depart hotel at 9:00AM
- Lunch at Big Sur River Inn at 11:30AM
- Depart Big Sur River Inn at 1:30PM
- Arrive at Courtesy Inn at 5PM.
- Party and Catered Dinner in pool area at 7PM.
- Charity raffle at 8PM. (Benefits St Jude Children's Hospital)
- San Simeon Beach Bar & Grill from 10:00 till whenever...

Sunday, October 24
- Depart for breakfast in Morro Bay at 10AM.

We end the day early on Sunday to allow people plenty of time to see the area attractions and still get home safely.

Driving distance to San Simeon from major cities:
San Diego to San Simeon - 360 miles (6 hours)
Los Angeles to San Simeon - 245 miles (4 hours)
San Francisco to San Simeon - 240 miles (4 hours)
Sacramento to San Simeon - 300 miles (5 hours)
Redding to San Simeon - 440 miles (7 hours)
Reno, NV to San Simeon - 440 miles (7 hours)
Las Vegas, NV to San Simeon - 435 miles (7 hours)
Denver, CO to San Simeon - 1180 miles (20+ hours)

We have a great time on this event and have had people come from as far away as Arizona and Colorado. We try to make this an affordable event so people can come have a good time without putting a strain on their bank account. The hotel helps out with a $99 rate for the entire event weekend. Our cartered dinner on Saturday night is all you can eat and is only $25 per person. With those prices we can still afford to put gas in the cars! And don't forget those dollar bills for the charity raffle. You can win some great prizes and as always, the proceeds go to St Jude Children's Research Hospital. http://www.stjude.org

More event info is forthcoming on http://www.fiero-performance.com. Go ahead and go check it out and see all the pictures from past events.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 09-07-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2010 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Way to go, Roy! Glad to see a Fiero signed up. Judging by registrations I thought it was going to be all Sebrings this year! Thanks for getting the ball rolling!
browneyedbri87

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2010 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for browneyedbri87Send a Private Message to browneyedbri87Direct Link to This Post
So happy to see a thread! James and I are very excited to participate in some good old fashioned Fiero fun before whisking away for our honeymoon. Don't have a running Fiero this year so we'll be in our "used but new to us" silver Chevy Cavalier. LOVE the logo for this year great job! Can't wait to see some great cars and have some fun along highway 1 See you all soon. Go Fiero!

- Brianna Kendle
gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaDirect Link to This Post
Congrats Brianna and James!! Looking forward to seeing you guys!

Jeannie and Jerry
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

Driving distance to San Simeon from major cities:
San Diego to San Simeon - 360 miles (6 hours)
Los Angeles to San Simeon - 245 miles (4 hours)
San Francisco to San Simeon - 240 miles (4 hours)
Sacramento to San Simeon - 300 miles (5 hours)
Redding to San Simeon - 440 miles (7 hours)
Reno, NV to San Simeon - 440 miles (7 hours)
Las Vegas, NV to San Simeon - 435 miles (7 hours)

Fixed it for you!

I can't wait until October! I haven't been on a fun roadtrip in well over a year now, so I'm overdue. I just need to make my reservations and register!
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 03:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Bring it! Be an example for those folks who say Southern or Northern CA is too far! And in a Bugeye Sprite too!
JenzGT2

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JenzGT2Send a Private Message to JenzGT2Direct Link to This Post
Good to see the "Official" thread.

We are hoping to bring some extra people this year. Can't wait for the fun. Is there going to be a theme this year for the dinner?

SILVERMIST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SILVERMISTSend a Private Message to SILVERMISTDirect Link to This Post
It's the week before Halloween.How about costumes for for the Fieros? (bullet holes,eyes in the windshield like in Cars,racing numbers,etc.)
FieroFerrari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroFerrariSend a Private Message to FieroFerrariDirect Link to This Post
Just booked a room. Looking forward to meeting some other Fiero people and seeing some nice Fiero's.
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpDirect Link to This Post
Save me a shirt XL where do i send the money?
Kelvin Vivian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kelvin VivianSend a Private Message to Kelvin VivianDirect Link to This Post
Wow - 8 years running! Cheers to you Songman for planning such a great event... I'll see if I can make time to come out this year... - Kelvin

------------------

88 GT T-Top 5-spd #338 of 1252
87 SE 4-cyl 5-spd sunroof, spoiler, performance sound
85 2M4 base coupe T-Top 5-spd, rackless decklid, 15-in 88 GT rims, aero-conversion

PFF
System Bot
gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaDirect Link to This Post
Hey Dale--excellent graphic, once again! You must know someone to talk to over there a CafePress by now. Maybe you could talk to them about adding a unisex, straight-cut cotton tank top, preferably Made in USA, to their options. Wish I could wear the spaghetti strap or women's fitted versions, but I'm afraid those days are long gone! I doubt it will be in the 80s or 90s for our run, but I could use some more tanks for when it is or when we're travelling in the summer. And I'm still waiting for Roy to model one of those thongs for us!!

JC
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroFerrari:

Just booked a room. Looking forward to meeting some other Fiero people and seeing some nice Fiero's.

Don't forget to come to the website and send in your registration. That makes it really helpful with planning the catered meals and such...

Kelvin, we would love to have you join us. I can't remember the last time I saw you but I know it has been a long time - and too long!
The planning of the Run, other than collecting raffle prizes almost handles itself anymore. I think we have a system that works so I don't see a reason to change it. But this will be my last year of involvement, other than as a participant. I have passed the reins over to Shane - who is busy collecting raffle prizes for any of you who would like to donate something.

Matt, there is a merchandise link on the Coast Run site. It have always found it worked best to just offer the stuff up online and let people order whatever and what size they want. That way I wasn't stuck with a bunch of leftover shirts.

Jeannie, thanks for the compliment on the graphic. I think it is my favorite out of all eight we have had. I am still working on ideas for other shirt options. I may have something in a day or so.

Roy, Shane said he probably wouldn't have an official theme this year but I am figuring in late October you can never go wrong with Halloween costumes, for people and cars! We're working on costume ideas!
SILVERMIST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SILVERMISTSend a Private Message to SILVERMISTDirect Link to This Post
That's OK.The car costume idea was kind of lame anyway.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Nah, I've thought about doing it. We almost painted the ugly little T-top orange last year and dressed it up like a pumpkin! We probably won't even have a Fiero so I doubt I will worry about it this year.
SNIPER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2010 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SNIPERClick Here to visit SNIPER's HomePageSend a Private Message to SNIPERDirect Link to This Post
Hello every one, We hope to be there, but due to me getting Valley Fever you'll know why if we don't make it . Hope to be better by then though and see every one again.
Ed & Sandra

------------------
Ed "SNIPER" Peralez
Not as lean, Not as mean, But still a Marine
GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE ~ PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE
www.sniper1shot1kill.com

[This message has been edited by SNIPER (edited 09-09-2011).]

yakdude01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2010 02:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yakdude01Click Here to visit yakdude01's HomePageSend a Private Message to yakdude01Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

Way to go, Roy! Glad to see a Fiero signed up. Judging by registrations I thought it was going to be all Sebrings this year! Thanks for getting the ball rolling!

He says like that is a "bad" thing? LOL

I was really bummed when I couldn't make it last year (damn cold!!!), but this year...the stars have aligned...so I'm in!

I'll actually bring the Chrysler Sebring Convertible Club stickers (1" x 7") in black, silver, and white. They look like this:

No, I'm not selling them, at least not here...adding them to the prize list. Shane and/or Dale can figure out the logistics on that.

And yeah, I still have my 1985 Silver GT....still in the original package!

Looking forward to the weekend!
------------------
- Kevin

Stone White 2001 Limited w/Cream leather interior 75k mi
Bright Silver Metallic 2009 Dodge Grand Caravan 9k mi
"I have to admit, I love driving it. It is so choice."
"If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up." - Ferris Bueller

[This message has been edited by yakdude01 (edited 09-11-2010).]

sspeedstreet

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2010 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sspeedstreetSend a Private Message to sspeedstreetDirect Link to This Post
Must .. not .. jinx .. the .. car .. by .. saying .. I'll .. be .. there.
kooljess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2010 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kooljessSend a Private Message to kooljessDirect Link to This Post
I am not sure if I will be able to make it this year....but who knows.

------------------

http://members.cardomain.com/koolflip

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2010 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Not a bad thing, Kevin. Just trying to light a fire under the folks over here! haha... A little bit of a challenge never hurts to get peope fired up.

Ed, I hope you get to feeling better and can make it. It wouldn't be the same without you.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2010 03:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Registrations are trickling in... 4 Fieros, 2 Sebrings, 2 HHRs, and a BugEye Sprite so far... Heck, even if it is a small group we'll still have fun!
PFF
System Bot
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2010 04:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoDirect Link to This Post
Jess... If you go.. Let's try to stay on the road this time
kooljess

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2010 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kooljessSend a Private Message to kooljessDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the heads up Derek!!! Will do brotha!!!

------------------

http://members.cardomain.com/koolflip

JenzGT2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2010 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JenzGT2Send a Private Message to JenzGT2Direct Link to This Post
Sniper, Rick and I hope you are feeling well enough to make it this year, but mostly we just want you feeling great again! Take care of yourself.

sspeedstreet, we would love to finally see your car again and you driving the run, but I don't want to jinx it either!

Songman, working on getting my sister and fiancee to go, they want to, helping them to get a car out of a body shop.

Anyone else working on a costume for Sat. night besides Dale and Rie????

Now to get Rick to put the car back together again. lol

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2010 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
I thought about coming as a redneck but didn't figure anyone would notice that I was wearing a costume.
browneyedbri87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2010 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for browneyedbri87Send a Private Message to browneyedbri87Direct Link to This Post
All set! Hotel reservations are made, registration has been sent in, now... just have to wait. We are working on a fitting costume for the party. We want to keep it under wraps... but we're sure it will get big laughs 36 more days to go!
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2010 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Exactly 5 weeks away! 11 registrations so far. If you think you are going to come, why not go ahead and register? It sure helps with the planning. If something comes up and you can't make it, all you have to do is cancel and it costs you nothing. Even the hotel just takes your card for security and doesn't charge till you get there.

Who else is going to join us?

------------------

JenzGT2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2010 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JenzGT2Send a Private Message to JenzGT2Direct Link to This Post
Ok, finally made our reservations. Reserved a room for my sister and her fiancee. Not sure what car they are driving yet, but they just want to have some fun.

I'll see if they can register with your website soon.
Fast Red

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2010 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fast RedSend a Private Message to Fast RedDirect Link to This Post
we made our reservations for Steve and the maddog. We are working on the red car replacing the head gasket that we blew last month.
mrfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2010 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post
I still need to make hotel arrangements, but I'm getting the old Bugeye ready for the trip. I just repainted the hood (so-so rattle can job), so it's a good 10-footer now and I just tuned it up so it's running like a champ again. Heck, I even fixed the broken seat belt for good measure.

I just hope the weather through the Rockies cooperates like it did the last time I went.....my car and snow don't mix.

See you guys in a few weeks!
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2010 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
Barring catastrophe I am excited about the run.

I'm even going to trailor the a car up there to limit any happenchances.
PFF
System Bot
JenzGT2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2010 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JenzGT2Send a Private Message to JenzGT2Direct Link to This Post
Yippie!

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2010 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
I might trailer a car too if I can get it put together in time.

------------------

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
Anyone want a 5 dollar off of Cafexpress?
http://www.cafepress.com/fieroperf/7276453
I can send up to 5 here.
mrfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

I can send up to 5 here.

I'll take one.....need to get a t-shirt!
gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 02:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

I can send up to 5 here.

Me too! Any chance of getting a straight-cut, unisex cotton tank top added?

JC
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 03:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
They want to send it to you directly. Probably to send you advertisements also. Be warned I don't think they spam you but they may bug you.

PM me your email you want the code sent to.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Jeannie, the other place I was looking at for shirts didn't have a straight cut tank top either. I'm sorry. Isn't the rage these days to buy a t-shirt and cut it all up anyway? haha

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 09-21-2010).]

gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for checking, Dale! I'll go ahead and get a sweatshirt then.

JC
SILVERMIST

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2010 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SILVERMISTSend a Private Message to SILVERMISTDirect Link to This Post
Jeannie.

You can have my thong.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock