Started on: 04-18-2010 02:40 AM
Replies: 46
Last post by: ckrummy on 08-08-2010 07:17 PM
Justinbart

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2010 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartDirect Link to This Post
Most of the pink wires go to fused ignition power. Check each wire against your diagram to make sure.

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 5spd spec3
11.74@123

IP: Logged
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

Sorry, you are quite wrong here... The walls of the blower wear in and get those grooves.. that is because there is a nearly postiive tolerance between the size of the rotors and the case...

The reason it is ruined, is because the outlet port was made larger... this will prevent the sealing ability of the rotors, letting boost leave through the way it came in.

I can see the point about the outlet port. But getting back to the internal walls, the ones on my Fiero are still smooth and shiny and my supercharger puts out 11 psi of boost. My boost is so efficient that I'm working on the intercooler right now to get the last few degrees of KR out. . Maybe the strong boost is there because I run the series V supercharger but I cannot believe that grooves or ridges on the inner walls have nothing to do with boost. Maybe it just depends on how deep they are?

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, 3.4" Pulley, N* TB, LS1 MAF, Flotech Exhaust Autolite 104's Custom CAI 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonDirect Link to This Post
all blowers will wear in with some grooves. If your gen5 didnt look to have any, I am sure you could have run your finger along them and felt a few small ridges.
ckrummy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ckrummySend a Private Message to ckrummyDirect Link to This Post
I got my headers done, painted, wrapped and baked. I started building my y-pipe after i bolted up my transmission.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

It looks like it will clear everything, i might have to modify a little after i got it on the cradle, but i want to drive my car for as long as possible. It will probably be coming out next week.
I got my fuel pump ordered from TREperformance
http://treperformance.com/i...-pump-1984-1987.html Its a knock off of the walbro i figure it's worth a shot, i'll make sure to post if i have a problem with it.
http://treperformance.com/i...-pump-1984-1987.html
My computer is boxed up to be sent to GMtuners.
It took me literally 30 minutes to modify my thermostat housing. My motor mounts came from Purple Reign.
Every thing should be wrapping up in the near future. I'm ready to start powder coating tomorrow.
ckrummy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ckrummySend a Private Message to ckrummyDirect Link to This Post
Well here is a long overdue update,

I got the exhaust done, now all i have to do is cut down the tail pipes

I have the wiring loomed up and almost done, i still have to hook up the wires to the computer and c500 and c203, but that shouldn't be bad.

The engine is now in the car and everything seems to fit, it will be hard to keep everything off of the exhaust but it doesn't look imposible

I will have some fun in making the weirdest dogbone ever

And i also badged up the car now that it truly has a 3800 in it

carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2010 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ckrummy:
I will have some fun in making the weirdest dogbone ever

Not entirely the weirdest... note the dog bone in this old pic in Purple Reign's car... Been in there for at least 7 years now...

Wow... I just noticed that the only thing from that pic still in the engine bay, is that dog bone...

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 06-17-2010).]

ckrummy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2010 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ckrummySend a Private Message to ckrummyDirect Link to This Post
Well it's done and back together, sorry for the lack of picks in some areas, i forget some times.

I'm still trying to stay off it because the clutch is not broken in yet, i noticed a small amount of slip when i give it a little more throttle in 5th gear, is this normal and will it go away when the clutch finishes breaking in???
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock