Replies: 30
Last post by: Hockaday on 06-16-2010 03:33 PM
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2008 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post
What is ALDLView?

Waaaaay back in 2003, I got myself WinALDL and didn't want to mess with Excel just to view the captured data. So I wrote a little program that can graphically view data captured with WinALDL. For some reason, a few days ago I decided it was time to update it and add new functions. I also wanted to make it Vista compatible. So here it is.

The software is provided as-is, so it has no manual, nor a help file. Just play around with it a bit, it's pretty self-explanatory. You do need some data captured with WinALDL though. If you encounter any bugs, please let me know (in this thread) so I can correct them.

The latest version is v0.3-2 and you can get it here: ALDLView v0.3-2 (Win98, Win98SE, XP, Vista)

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2008 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Thanks Cliff.

I just started using WinALDL recently and your utility has made looking over the gathered info that much easier.

Much appreciated!
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2008 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

36420 posts
Member since Apr 99

So far the only thing I'm not too sure about is the following option when "File" is clicked in the top left corner:

"Correct Data for WinALDL BitOrder Bug"

Could anyone offer a brief explanation what that's all about? Thanks.
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2008 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post
Wow.
I just received my ALDL cable from Dodgerunner today!
It's all coming together.
Thank You Cliff.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2008 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Thank you sir!

Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2008 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

"Correct Data for WinALDL BitOrder Bug"

Older versions of WinALDL did not correctly store the scanned data. WinALDL itself calls it the "BitOrder Bug", but the bug is in fact much more severe than that. But since the error is consistent, it can be corrected. If you have data that was scanned using a version of WinALDL prior to v1.09e, then that data is incorrect and ALDLView can correct it for you.

Here are the comments I had added to my source code about this:

There are a few serious bugs in WinALDL's datalogging. RAW data is scanned properly so no problems there, but from all other flag fields (like MW2, MWAF1, MCU1IO, MCY2IO, MALFFLAG1 and MALFFLAG2) the bitorder is reversed (so bit 7 is logged as bit 1, bit 6 as bit 2, etc. The result is that all flags are mislabeled. On top of that the MCU1IO flags are logged as MCU2IO flags and vice versa. This function corrects the data and stores it in a new file.

Again, this affects all logs created with WinALDL versions prior to v1.09e.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2008 03:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

If you have data that was scanned using a version of WinALDL prior to v1.09e, then that data is incorrect and ALDLView can correct it for you.

Ah okay, I now understand. Since I've only ever used v1.09f, I won't have to worry about it. Thanks Cliff.

pcwentworth

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2008 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pcwentworthSend a Private Message to pcwentworthDirect Link to This Post
now all I need is a cable and i am good to go! where is the best place to get one
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2008 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Cliff! Using ALDL a lot lately your program is a great help. Very much appreciated.

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2008 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pcwentworth:

now all I need is a cable and i am good to go! where is the best place to get one

Get 'em while you can Here.
ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2008 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBODirect Link to This Post
Sweet! I didn't know computer programs could write computer programs!
That's
PFF
System Bot
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2008 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post
lol, my antivirus said its "suspicious" and i shouldn't run it.... so i turned the antivirus off :P

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2008 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALLTRBO:

Sweet! I didn't know computer programs could write computer programs!
That's

Artificial Intelligence. Ever seen The Matrix? Cliff and his kind will soon rule the world.

[This message has been edited by Monkeyman (edited 12-20-2008).]

DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2008 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Ever looked into the coding of Turbolink for their Dash Board view? Since TurboLink is no more pretty much sure you can do what ever you like with their software. I've heard it works with the simple ALDL cable but haven't tested that theory. The Interface it uses is the MAX232 for higher speed data acquisition. Here's a link to their software that I have. It has provisions for Fiero after I worked with them on it a couple months. They blew me off before completely finishing it so some data shows up in the wrong places making it a little confusing. If anyone could fix their Fiero coding it would make this software a great one to have.

TurboLink_4_VP11_FULL

hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2008 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post
cliff, i keep getting runtime errors with aldl view

runtime error 11 devision by 0 when i try to look at my TPS sensor data
loged wit win aldl version 1.09f
aldlview 0.3-2
logfile name 20081221_160129_LOG.txt

i can send u the logfile if you want
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2008 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hookdonspeed:
i can send u the logfile if you want

Please do.

hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2008 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post
ill e-mail it to you tonight.
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post12-22-2008 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by JazzMan (edited 04-21-2009).]

hookdonspeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2008 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedDirect Link to This Post
e-mail sent
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2008 02:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Hey Jazzman try out the software I linked above. the link is still active. It may work with the other ALDL cables but I'm unsure. It has the capabilities to display what you want but timing advance and I think one other part of data are inaccurate. It gives you the ability to record and playback data as well as display selected points as a line graph during acquisition or playback. Also has an extensive Code and troubleshoot help section. I just wish the flaws were fixed.

Stu
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2008 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunDirect Link to This Post

Cliff,

Thanks for sharing............
PFF
System Bot
unboundmo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2008 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoDirect Link to This Post
Cliff.. Do you have it in a Macintosh version... Is it compatible...

Thanks for helping the Fiero community
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2009 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportDirect Link to This Post
This looks neat.

How did I miss it before. If you have some spare time, could you design some "analog gauges" for this as well? It would be neat when used with a laptop.

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2009 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post
sardonyx247

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 218
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2009 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sardonyx247Click Here to visit sardonyx247's HomePageSend a Private Message to sardonyx247Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

I found a bug and it shows it in this pic, the BLM table is off, on the X and Y axis, as you can see it doesn't go to 20 MAP or 400RPM it looks like it is all moved up and over to where it should be.

------------------
"DRIVE IT LIKE A FIERO"
'84 Fiero, engine to be determined
'87Blue GT 3.4L Swap Completed!!!!!!!! Boosted!!!!!!!
^^^^ Now in the Construction Zone^^^^
Las Vegas Fiero Club Parts/Sales/Service/Club
Fiero Road Club Of Northern Nevada

Dan_Seattle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dan_SeattleSend a Private Message to Dan_SeattleDirect Link to This Post
Sweet!
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone know if there is a version for the Macintosh? I have both a G4 powermac and an 2006 imac intel
Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
i doubt it ;/ most people who make this stuff do it on windows...why? no idea...but it pjsses me off lol. since you have intel ( lucky sob i just have g4 ) you can just run windows under bootcamp etc. im not a programmer so i can't redo it.

unix ftw ms dos ftl
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 03:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoDirect Link to This Post
My G4 is a dual 800 MHz PowerPC, 2MB L3 cache per processor. I have 1.5GB memory.. I have 10.4.11 operating system....

Look for Virtual PC 6.. I have this version on mine and I can run windows...

I just wanted to stay of the other side. And my G4, although it's running airport, I can't just up it and go to the garage.. ... But the imac is too and it's smaller for travel, well 20" but no tower.... I guess I'll just transfer the application to the imac if it works..
unboundmo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 03:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for unboundmoSend a Private Message to unboundmoDirect Link to This Post

unboundmo

2242 posts
Member since Sep 2006
Look into it though... I don't want to be responsible for system crash or lost data
Hockaday

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
i have virtual pc and im running leopard, but its so slow to do anything of importance...maybe aldl view is small enough to work.

if you have a smart phone you can just broadcast wifi if needed.
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock