Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Annual Bluegrass Fieros Group Cookout/Table Dancing and Lying Contest. (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
Annual Bluegrass Fieros Group Cookout/Table Dancing and Lying Contest. by blackrams
Started on: 07-21-2009 11:05 AM
Replies: 123
Last post by: blackrams on 08-18-2009 08:16 AM
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2009 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
The Annual Bluegrass Fieros Group Cookout/Table Dancing and Lying Contest is on again this year, everyone is invited. We'll cook burgers, dogs and brats, have some fun, tell some stories and ooooh and awww over each other's car and the mods we've made.

BMWguru and anonymity are bringing the VR6 Fiero, there will be several conversion cars, to list a few, at least one NorthStar swap, several 4.9 swaps, one or two 3800SC swaps, one or two SBC swaps, a couple of rebodies have indicated they are coming. Should be a good time, always has been. I don't provide alcohol but don't have a problem if someone wants to bring their own.

If you commit to being there, I will have burgers, dogs or brats and soft drinks for you to enjoy if you give me a maybe, I might still have something for you to eat. There is no charge but I'd be lying if I said donations weren't welcome but, donations are not being solicited. Dave has indicted that he'll dance so, bring your dollar bills. He's aleady admitted he'll do almost anything for money.

Noon to ????? on 15 August, Frankfort, KY. My house.
PM for directions or phone contact information.

Those that have fold up chairs might want to bring them along, seating might be limited. I will have the shop open and will make sure my lift is available for anyone that wants to change their oil or just look at the underside of their car. BTW, bring your own oil and filter. I've got a couple of barrels for used oil so you won't have to transport your old used oil away, I'll take care of it for you. This is an opportunity to see those folks and cars you don't see on a regular basis. It's not a show and shine though you're welcome to display your car. It not a car show, its a Fiero get together. Let's have some fun.

Edited: Forgot to mark this thread to notify me of when someone posts so I'll try to check it several times a day for those needing directions. Sorry about that. BTW, Cliff, you're welcome if you just happen to be in the area.

Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 07-21-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
anonymity

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2009 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for anonymityClick Here to visit anonymity's HomePageSend a Private Message to anonymityDirect Link to This Post
Ron,

I am very much looking forward to being there... as are all the kids!

I may need to crash for an hour or two before the fun starts... I don't wanna miss out on Dave dancing.

I'll call you when we are heading down.

Joey
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2009 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by anonymity:

Ron,

I am very much looking forward to being there... as are all the kids!

I may need to crash for an hour or two before the fun starts... I don't wanna miss out on Dave dancing.

I'll call you when we are heading down.

Joey

Looking forward to seeing you again and meeting Dave finally.

Ron
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2009 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
The 15th is Serena's birthday, so I will have to be home for a birthday party at some point that day.
Sara is still in the planning stages of the birthday party and trying to get more family to come down, so I do not know if I can sneak away for a few hrs to attend. I will keep you posted.

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2009 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru:

The 15th is Serena's birthday, so I will have to be home for a birthday party at some point that day.
Sara is still in the planning stages of the birthday party and trying to get more family to come down, so I do not know if I can sneak away for a few hrs to attend. I will keep you posted.

Hope you can make it Paul. You were the featured dancer till Dave jumped up.

Ron
Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2009 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyDirect Link to This Post
I'm marking it on my calendar. Barring any complications from my surgery, I think I can pull it off this year!

I'll confirm after the surgery, but right now I'd say put me down as a definite very-likely-bordering-on-probably!
reverend

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2009 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reverendSend a Private Message to reverendDirect Link to This Post
Last time I was in Frankfort was 1970? Back in my college days. There was an all girl college there that we visited a lot. My college had 2570 guys and 1 girl for students. And she still could not get a date. See if I can remember how to get there.
squisher86SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2009 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for squisher86SESend a Private Message to squisher86SEDirect Link to This Post
My wife said that she was coming, she wasn't sure if she was bringing me and the boy along (Is she planning to steal the FIero for the day? LOL ).

Count me down for 2, Ben doesn't eat much yet. Most likely no Fiero what with 2 peeps and a baby.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2009 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
As we close in on the event date, I'll send directions to anyone requesting them. Don't forget to bring oil and filter if you want to change your oil on the lift. I'm probably wrong on this one, I just figured that some folks might want to take advantage of the lift and check out the underside of their obsession.

The car, not that other obsession. Jeeze.

Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 07-22-2009).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2009 06:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Just a friendly bump.

Ron
1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2009 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroDirect Link to This Post
Ron,
I got your PMs. I am a maybe for now but should be able to let you know for sure about a week before time. If I can I will drive my GT up. I am interested in checking out your lift too.

Dwayne

------------------

PFF
System Bot
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2009 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
The 15th of August may be a possibility for me. I will let you know at least a week in advance.

Nelson
heybjorn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2009 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heybjornSend a Private Message to heybjornDirect Link to This Post
Lying contest? The food sounds good, but I wouldn't enter the lying contest. Kentucky is too close to West Virginia.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2009 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by heybjorn:

Lying contest? The food sounds good, but I wouldn't enter the lying contest. Kentucky is too close to West Virginia.

Ya can't knock the Cook'n when the Cook's Good Look'n. It's probably gonna be me.

Ron
Ge-ero1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2009 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ge-ero1Send a Private Message to Ge-ero1Direct Link to This Post
A maybe for me if I can drive my Avalanche. The fiero wont make the trip & I don't have time for repairs.

------------------
"Perfect Peace" Is.26:3

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2009 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ge-ero1:

A maybe for me if I can drive my Avalanche. The fiero wont make the trip & I don't have time for repairs.

The Avalanche will be fine, just make it. You can park it down the street.

Ron
kyunderdawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2009 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kyunderdawgSend a Private Message to kyunderdawgDirect Link to This Post

... I don't wanna miss out on Dave dancing.

Joey

Carefull there.....maybe thats part of the reason for all those kido's. J/K

Ron, we are planning on being there and I'll try to get those issues fixed with the convertible. Even if my D/D Fiero would make it, it would be outa place with all of those modified Fieros. Rest assured we'll bring something.

Paul

[This message has been edited by kyunderdawg (edited 07-22-2009).]

Digitalman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2009 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DigitalmanSend a Private Message to DigitalmanDirect Link to This Post
Howdy everyone, and thanks for the invite, I may take you up on that. I'll have to let you know the closer it gets. I may have to work that day.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2009 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Digitalman:

Howdy everyone, and thanks for the invite, I may take you up on that. I'll have to let you know the closer it gets. I may have to work that day.

Would love to have you come to the cook out. The Table Dancing is strictly optional, it is a family event you know.

Originally posted by kyunderdawg:
Ron, we are planning on being there and I'll try to get those issues fixed with the convertible. Even if my D/D Fiero would make it, it would be outa place with all of those modified Fieros. Rest assured we'll bring something.

Paul

If we have the regular group come, then there will be quite a few DDs that are stock and most needing paint.

There are no egos allowed at the BFG Cookout/Table Dancing and Lying Contest.

Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 07-23-2009).]

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2009 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

blackrams

31842 posts
Member since Feb 2003
Bump.

topher_time

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2009 05:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeDirect Link to This Post
Wish it was just a wee bit closer for me The 7 hour drive there is nothing, it is the 7 hour drive back that I usually have trouble with
PFF
System Bot
anonymity

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2009 06:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for anonymityClick Here to visit anonymity's HomePageSend a Private Message to anonymityDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by topher_time:

Wish it was just a wee bit closer for me The 7 hour drive there is nothing, it is the 7 hour drive back that I usually have trouble with

No excuses...lol. I am driving 12 hours each way with five kids and a whiney husband.
Joey

------------------
1986 SE powered by a Volkswagen VR6. Buck Wild!

www.hausofguru.com

1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2009 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroDirect Link to This Post

No excuses...lol. I am driving 12 hours each way with five kids and a whiney husband.
Joey

Okay, I don't feel so bad about 4 hours then.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2009 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Joey

THAT"S WHAT I'M TALK'IN ABOUT!!!! Oh Yeah, Bring it on Girly.

Ron
topher_time

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2009 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeDirect Link to This Post

Joey

I haven't begun with my excuses yet I have a broken foot and messed up ankle which will be getting another surgery the day before. I don't have a traveling companion this time 'round, so I will most likely fall asleep while driving. The kidneys aren't in the best of shape, I get car sick. And to top it all off, I will be driving my pos Land Rover needing a radiator and fan clutch, not including the random electrical issues, somethings burning Wife and step kids will be gone for a few weeks leaving me alone. I will see what I can do!
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2009 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by topher_time:

I haven't begun with my excuses yet I have a broken foot and messed up ankle which will be getting another surgery the day before. I don't have a traveling companion this time 'round, so I will most likely fall asleep while driving. The kidneys aren't in the best of shape, I get car sick. And to top it all off, I will be driving my pos Land Rover needing a radiator and fan clutch, not including the random electrical issues, somethings burning Wife and step kids will be gone for a few weeks leaving me alone. I will see what I can do!

You are fooling no one. It is plainly evident, that you are honing your lying skills--and, I might add--you aren't very good at it.

Ron, I will not be there. As much as I would love to meet this inglorious bunch of Fiero (misfits?) at such a fine gathering, divorce or murder would follow close on it's heels. Prior diabolical plans--concocted by my better half. I am old, but not yet resigned to living alone, eating my own cooking or sleeping alone in my bed, so I must respectfully decline your kind invitation.

(Don't forget to watch for meteors that night)
Perseids
randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2009 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

(Don't forget to watch for meteors that night)
Perseids

Don's version of a aerial "snipe hunt"?
Clever and diabolical!
scrabblegod

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2009 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scrabblegodSend a Private Message to scrabblegodDirect Link to This Post
Debbie and I will be there as will Jeff from my work. He has a surprise for you. I will be Fieroless (unless you want to come over and pick up the work in progress and haul it back and forth )

Gene
litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2009 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
Got your PM, Ron, and I'd love to come. Unfortunately, that's a bit far away for a one day drive, and more importantly, the funds just aren't there for a trip this year. But, I'd appreciate it if you'd consider giving me a raincheck....who knows, maybe next year....
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2009 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by litespd:

Got your PM, Ron, and I'd love to come. Unfortunately, that's a bit far away for a one day drive, and more importantly, the funds just aren't there for a trip this year. But, I'd appreciate it if you'd consider giving me a raincheck....who knows, maybe next year....

Next year's theme will probably be different, the Table Dancing Contest hasn't gone over as well as hoped. We may have to introduce trampolines next year but, I'm afraid John will hurt himself. Regardless, your wife is always welcome. Tell her she can bring you along.

Ron
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2009 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

blackrams

31842 posts
Member since Feb 2003

Originally posted by scrabblegod:

Debbie and I will be there as will Jeff from my work. He has a surprise for you. I will be Fieroless (unless you want to come over and pick up the work in progress and haul it back and forth )

Gene

Glad you're gonna make it. I'll consider your suggestion on your Fiero.

Ron
PFF
System Bot
bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2009 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruDirect Link to This Post

No excuses...lol. I am driving 12 hours each way with five kids and a whiney wonderful husband.
Joey

Fixed it for you

------------------

1987 GT (my toy-see above), 1987 GT 3800s/c, 1986 SE with a VW VR6, certified master technician/shop owner
www.njautobahn.com
www.hausofguru.com

blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2009 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
SO, I'm just guessing but does this mean you hauling the VR6 cause I'm having a hard time seeing Joey, Dave and all five kids in that Fiero.

Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 07-26-2009).]

bmwguru

Feedback score:    (38)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2009 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmwguruClick Here to visit bmwguru's HomePageSend a Private Message to bmwguruDirect Link to This Post
We are hauling it. In addition to us 7, we will be bringing two other Fiero owners from NJ.
Dave
sabooo

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2009 10:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for saboooSend a Private Message to saboooDirect Link to This Post
I'm driving from Lakeland, FL to Allentown PA that weekend. For the few hours it will add to the trip, it might be worth it to see Dave table dance. Put my company Taurus and I down as maybes.

Cheers,
Rich
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2009 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bmwguru:

We are hauling it. In addition to us 7, we will be bringing two other Fiero owners from NJ.
Dave

Outstanding, heck, there will be enough just in your group to throw one heck of a party. This is gonna be fun.

Ron
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2009 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

blackrams

31842 posts
Member since Feb 2003

Originally posted by sabooo:

I'm driving from Lakeland, FL to Allentown PA that weekend. For the few hours it will add to the trip, it might be worth it to see Dave table dance. Put my company Taurus and I down as maybes.

Cheers,
Rich

Rich,
Would love to have you visit with us. I'm told for an extra buck or two, Dave puts on a really good show (if you know what I mean).

Ron
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2009 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Bump back to page one.

Those that haven't been to my place before will probably want/need directions. I can assure you, if you're using a GPS, you won't find my home. This is a relatively new sub-division and the streets to the first phase are shown but, the streets for the second and third phases are not. I'm almost to the back of the sub-division. So, if'n you're need'n directions, send me a PM or email.

Ron
topher_time

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2009 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeDirect Link to This Post
Just a bump, got some time off, now just need to get my lazy self up there
opm2000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2009 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for opm2000Click Here to visit opm2000's HomePageSend a Private Message to opm2000Direct Link to This Post
Ron,
Per your request, the fix is in for the grill. As discussed, I'll supply it with the gas...just hope you have enough "fixins" for all.

David Breeze

------------------

Pantera Rebody Kits

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay