Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  A history of Skitimes car (Page 12)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 
Previous Page | Next Page
A history of Skitimes car by skitime
Started on: 02-04-2003 09:34 PM
Replies: 577
Last post by: Dennis LaGrua on 02-10-2009 09:19 AM
BlueGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2005 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post
You've done so much to your car, I have to go back and search through this thread to remember what you did. You have one very nice vehicle! What rims are you using again?

edit: Woohoo!! I own page 12 !!!
------------------
Got Blue?

BlueGT

[This message has been edited by BlueGT (edited 03-28-2005).]

IP: Logged
skitime

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 332
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2005 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post
They are Prime Model 705.

------------------

Red 88 GT T-Top 3800 INTERCOOLED SUPERCHARGED
White 88 GT Stock
Please give me a rating if you appreciate my contribution.
Click here to read the History of Skitimes Car

1987bluegt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2005 04:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1987bluegtSend a Private Message to 1987bluegtDirect Link to This Post
hey ski dont know if your still here or not but two things BEAUTIFUL CAR and would you mind if i did a engine wiewing glass on my car

thank for the great thread
travis

BlueGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2005 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlueGTSend a Private Message to BlueGTDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Ski! I've looked through a lot of different rims, but I keep coming back to the wheels on yours.

------------------
Got Blue?

BlueGT

stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post03-31-2005 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1987bluegt:

would you mind if i did a engine wiewing glass on my car

So it's come to this? Is there a licensing fee?

1987bluegt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2005 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1987bluegtSend a Private Message to 1987bluegtDirect Link to This Post
no it was he is the origonator of the idea to put one on the fiero so i did not no if it was one of those things hed like to keep for shows or if he minded me doing also
skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2005 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1987bluegt:

hey ski dont know if your still here or not but two things BEAUTIFUL CAR and would you mind if i did a engine wiewing glass on my car

thank for the great thread
travis

As I said many times before, I don't mind people copying my ideas as long as the give proper credit for the idea. For some that seems to be a hard thing to do. There are 2 Fieros that I know of now that have the engine window.

stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post03-31-2005 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
People in the import scene had been doing viewing windows in their hoods for years before that. Could it by that it is a "Duoc Tran Nguyen" window?

There's nothing new under the sun.

Fiero5

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2005 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
In the spring after it rains and then the sun comes out we get new flowers. So yes, there can be new things under the sun many times
Stimpy, I think the point here was that Skitime was the first to do it on a Fiero
Haagster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2005 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HaagsterSend a Private Message to HaagsterDirect Link to This Post
Keeping it alive (since Carlisle is next weekend)...
Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2005 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by stimpy:

People in the import scene had been doing viewing windows in their hoods for years before that. Could it by that it is a "Duoc Tran Nguyen" window?

There's nothing new under the sun.

this wasn't import scene inspired, it was taken from a import "Ferrari" but i think that was mentioned

PFF
System Bot
Saber49

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2005 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Saber49Send a Private Message to Saber49Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by skitime:

As I said many times before, I don't mind people copying my ideas as long as the give proper credit for the idea. For some that seems to be a hard thing to do. There are 2 Fieros that I know of now that have the engine window.

im not sure but shouldn't proper credit for that particular idea on your particular car be given to ferrari... if i remeber correctly it was inspired by a ferrari wasn ' it?

Hairy_Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
User Banned

Report this Post05-15-2005 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hairy_FieroSend a Private Message to Hairy_FieroDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Hairy_Fiero (edited 05-16-2005).]

skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2005 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Saber49:

im not sure but shouldn't proper credit for that particular idea on your particular car be given to ferrari... if i remeber correctly it was inspired by a ferrari wasn ' it?

Guess you have not read this thread before. Page 1 of this thread I give credit for the Ferrari idea and even post pictures of the Ferrari. Sure are a lot a ???? people out there that love to take shots at me.

skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2005 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post

skitime

5765 posts
Member since Aug 2000

Originally posted by Hairy_Fiero:

No he wasn't. There's a black 88GT somewhere around Michigan that was at the Michigan Fiero show 4-5 years ago with a flushmounted window in the decklid so you could see the LT1.

Interesting. In all the years I had this mod and thousands and thousands of views of this mod on my Fiero suddenly someone says that someone somewhere had this before. Pics?

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2005 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
Someone trying to claim "prior art"... LOL.
Saber49

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2005 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Saber49Send a Private Message to Saber49Direct Link to This Post

Guess you have not read this thread before. Page 1 of this thread I give credit for the Ferrari idea and even post pictures of the Ferrari. Sure are a lot a ???? people out there that love to take shots at me.

Well i read your entire thread and your car is my inspiration... sorry you feel ive insulted you. but i guess i can't really change that can i. If i upset you im sorry. It really is a nice car.... and i do realize that you gave credit. maybe i worded my last post wrong...

El Guapo

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2005 02:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for El GuapoSend a Private Message to El GuapoDirect Link to This Post
Unbelievable car ! You are a very talented and skilled craftsman. I am a new guy to the forum and seeing this thread has been an incredible inspiration. My Fiero is in need of some work at the moment and since I am going to machinist's school for the Army for 13 weeks, it will be at least September before it's back on the road. Hopefully I see you at Carlisle if I make it, but if I don't maybe I will spend some time cruising around Akron hoping to catch a glimpse ! Great car, man, and keep up the good work!
skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2005 06:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by El Guapo:

Unbelievable car ! You are a very talented and skilled craftsman. I am a new guy to the forum and seeing this thread has been an incredible inspiration. My Fiero is in need of some work at the moment and since I am going to machinist's school for the Army for 13 weeks, it will be at least September before it's back on the road. Hopefully I see you at Carlisle if I make it, but if I don't maybe I will spend some time cruising around Akron hoping to catch a glimpse ! Great car, man, and keep up the good work!

Thanks. You are welcome to stop over and visit. PM me when you got some time. Good luck in machinist school.

[This message has been edited by skitime (edited 05-16-2005).]

Rborecky

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-16-2005 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RboreckyClick Here to visit Rborecky's HomePageSend a Private Message to RboreckyDirect Link to This Post
The problem that arises sometimes Ski is like in my case. I was new to the 3800 SC swaps but found allot of the ideas I used were your original ideas. I didn't find this out until I got into a longer conversation near completion and was told this. Loyde made sure I knew things were your Idea after I talked with him a bit. So sometimes it is a case of things being passed on off of the forum and in a garage.
I will know personally thank you for your ideas and effort you worked with to make my swap allot easier. Keep up the good work. Rick B

This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

------------------
President of Cleveland Fieros
www.clevelandfieros.com

skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2005 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Rick, that is much appreciated. Great shot of your car too.
PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2005 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
Skitime has long been an inspiration to me too. I always refer to my front chin spoiler as the Lawrence/Skitime spoiler. Now my rear chin spoiler, that was my Idea...
nobigtoe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2005 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nobigtoeSend a Private Message to nobigtoeDirect Link to This Post
this is the oldest ative thread i have ever sean on any board

i started in feb 2003 and its may 2005

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2005 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by nobigtoe:

this is the oldest ative thread i have ever sean on any board

I think it's a reflection on the greatness of Skitime's car that his thread has been active that long. And it's also a reflection of how much this forum has grown...each new generation reads these older threads and keeps them active. My Firebird dash thread is still active from 2002.

Kameo Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2005 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kameo KidSend a Private Message to Kameo KidDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:
I think it's a reflection on the greatness of Skitime's car that his thread has been active that long. And it's also a reflection of how much this forum has grown...each new generation reads these older threads and keeps them active. My Firebird dash thread is still active from 2002.

naaahh.... Ski just keeps bumping it out before it goes into the archives

all Kidding aside, the lil red GT that Skitime has built has spurred on a lot of followers that seen what can be done to the Fiero and done in good taste.

My7Fieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2005 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for My7FierosSend a Private Message to My7FierosDirect Link to This Post
No archives for this thread! Here's a bump for ya.....and yes, I just read this entire thread..........................................again!
ohio86se

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2005 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ohio86seClick Here to visit ohio86se's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohio86seDirect Link to This Post
ski,

as far as the acc tensioner. i too have modified the alum 3800sc bracket to recieve a tensioner. how much matl did you take off of bracket to create a flat surface for the tensioner. i currently have about .125 of the ribs remaining but im not convinced that the mounting surface is square to insure proper belt alignment. could you adise me on this?

thanks,

------------------

" DRIVE IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT"

[This message has been edited by ohio86se (edited 07-08-2005).]

skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2005 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post
ohio86se, I replied to your email. Hope it helps.
Clint

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2005 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClintClick Here to visit Clint's HomePageSend a Private Message to ClintDirect Link to This Post
Hey Cool! I just found your thread and was going through it, and guess what!?!

I found my kids in one of your pictures! (Blue and gray jackets, boy and girl)
-clint
ghostle1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2005 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ghostle1Send a Private Message to ghostle1Direct Link to This Post
I've only been around this forum for a short time. I also belong to f-body.com, owning 2 trans ams and a z-28. You are a very talented man with super visions. I have 2 fieros i'm working on now and I would like to thank you for sharing all your ideas and knowledge with us. This is the first time I've seen this thread and it will take me some time to read and digest it. Thanks.

------------------
2002 trans am,1994 trans am, 1986 iroc z-28, 1985 fiero

HI-TECH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 123
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2005 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HI-TECHClick Here to visit HI-TECH's HomePageSend a Private Message to HI-TECHDirect Link to This Post
skitime awsome freakin job man...took me 2 days to read it all and it was well worth it..got them gears turning in my head lol...awsome car and an awsome build
PFF
System Bot
skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2005 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HI-TECH:

skitime awsome freakin job man...took me 2 days to read it all and it was well worth it..got them gears turning in my head lol...awsome car and an awsome build

Just got back from a 4 week vacation. Thanks for the compliments.

AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2005 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroDirect Link to This Post
So what's planned for this season Dave?
skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2005 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AusFiero:

So what's planned for this season Dave?

Well, I do have an engine power adding item I have designed. Just trying to decide if I should protect the concept. So far it appears patentable but patents cost big bucks. Any patent attorneys here?

------------------

Red 88 GT T-Top 3800 INTERCOOLED SUPERCHARGED
White 88 GT Stock
Please give me a rating if you appreciate my contribution.
Click here to read the History of Skitimes Car

Sunflash

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2005 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SunflashSend a Private Message to SunflashDirect Link to This Post
Looking back its been almost a year since my first post and it was to this thread. Now the marriage is over and the deployment is where I am at but Loyd shoud soon start to build my l67 monster once we get the final details worked out. Thank you again for giving so much to the fiero community and to me personaly. -Zack-
ToddCaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2005 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddCasterSend a Private Message to ToddCasterDirect Link to This Post
Wow What a story
Thanks For sharing all of your knowledge
Todd
FastFieros

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2005 02:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sunflash:

Looking back its been almost a year since my first post and it was to this thread. Now the marriage is over and the deployment is where I am at but Loyd shoud soon start to build my l67 monster once we get the final details worked out. Thank you again for giving so much to the fiero community and to me personaly. -Zack-

Hey Zack,

Look forward to building you a 3800SC engine package.

Good luck in Iraq !

Loyde
http://www.fastfieros.com

timwdegner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2005 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timwdegnerSend a Private Message to timwdegnerDirect Link to This Post

Well, I do have an engine power adding item I have designed. Just trying to decide if I should protect the concept. So far it appears patentable but patents cost big bucks. Any patent attorneys here?

Bump—gotta keep it alive!

Ski, did you decide what to do about this yet? Sorry if you mentioned it in another thread, but I'm wondering what this item is that you've designed. Any updates on the car? Great thread! *thumbs up*

skitime

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2005 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by timwdegner:

Bump—gotta keep it alive!

Ski, did you decide what to do about this yet? Sorry if you mentioned it in another thread, but I'm wondering what this item is that you've designed. Any updates on the car? Great thread! *thumbs up*

Thanks for bumping the thread. I was getting worried it was going to go to archives. I have not been doing anything with this mod for a long time. Lost the motivation to go the legal route and been busy doing other things. Hence the stand still. I am hoping to have it done before Carlisle this year.

Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2005 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for bumping the thread. I was getting worried it was going to go to archives. I have not been doing anything with this mod for a long time. Lost the motivation to go the legal route and been busy doing other things. Hence the stand still. I am hoping to have it done before Carlisle this year.

Best bet is to market it, forget the patent. The patent just gives you the right to sue people that copy your product and that costs megabucks. You will spend the rest of your life in court and your patent will most likely be busted anyways. Spend the money on marketing instead and enjoy the time period before the market gets swamped with slight variants(or exact copies) of your concept if it becomes popular.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 15 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock