convertible kit by mysticfire6602
Started on: 06-15-2006 09:38 PM
Replies: 31
Last post by: avengador1 on 12-15-2006 08:49 AM
mysticfire6602

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-15-2006 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mysticfire6602Send a Private Message to mysticfire6602Direct Link to This Post
are there any company's that still make a convertible kit for a fiero?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2006 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
Probably not. Not many were made during the production years.
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2006 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
If might be able to find a place to build a custom one for you, but expect to pay some monie$$$. You also might have to cut the roof and reinforce the body yourself. You can also do a search for patent number 4832397, I think it might apply to Fieros.
http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?u=%2Fnetahtml%2Fsrchnum.htm&Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&r=1&l=50&f=G&d=PALL&s1=4832397.PN.&OS=PN/4832397&RS=PN/4832397
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2006 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
I heard that this model is still being made. It's in the Netherlands, though...

Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2006 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

I heard that this model is still being made. It's in the Netherlands, though...

If so, any more info??

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2006 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
That looks like a clone of an Automoda top, if not an actual Automoda. Automoda went out of business years ago, but it's the most OEM looking convertible I've seen. If someone is reproducing them, that's great news, because genuine Automoda tops are made of unobtanium.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2006 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneDirect Link to This Post
No, I was just told at the event where I took the pic. Any of our Dutch members know anything?

Originally posted by Mickey_Moose:

If so, any more info??

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 06-17-2006).]

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2006 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

If alot of you see this thread on the first page for awhile, Sorry, for I would like to know if anyone from the Netherlands knows anything about this top!

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2006 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

T T T...........

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2006 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsDirect Link to This Post
Just like to keep this in here till someone spots it and know where to contact in the Netherlands. I have an AD 355 spider and the only top I've considered is the Automoda.
LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2006 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
Any further developments or news on this?

------------------
Patrick W. Heinske -- LZeitgeist@aol.com
1988 Red Fiero Formula Convertible
*Desktop Photo Here* (click either link for pics)

PFF
System Bot
NSAN1T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2006 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NSAN1TSend a Private Message to NSAN1TDirect Link to This Post
Try this website.. dunno if theyre still around, they used to be here on PFF too.

http://b-bspyder.com/FieroConvertibles.html

Josh

------------------
Fiero, it inspires Insanity...
If you can't find a fire extinguisher, pour Sprite on it

-=Will Work For Fiero's, parts, $$, anything Fiero related=-

Dans85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2006 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dans85GTSend a Private Message to Dans85GTDirect Link to This Post
I dont have any info on that conv. from the netherlands, but I really like it allot. I'd consider buying a kit for one of my fieros if it were that top. I like the way you can have the targa or the full conv. There is a photo or two in the gallery here on the site of a dark blue convertible allot like the one pictured above. It has the same kind of top in the respect that it is a two piece as well. Maybe you could try to find some more out about that car as I believe its in or was in Canada, but i dont remember. The photo titles are "Vanderhoef1...."

~Dan~

------------------
~Dan~ 85 GT, 84 2M4, & an 86 SE

fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2006 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comDirect Link to This Post
I have the "X" frame for sale 350.00 plus shipping, it's big and heavy so pickimg it up would save you a lot of money on shipping.
squisher86SE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2006 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for squisher86SESend a Private Message to squisher86SEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NSAN1T:

Try this website.. dunno if theyre still around, they used to be here on PFF too.

Josh

I asked about that setup in the "What's Up at Archie's" thread a little bit ago and had several people tell me to avoid that one.
NSAN1T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2006 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NSAN1TSend a Private Message to NSAN1TDirect Link to This Post
buy the X frame from Fieroparts or build your own, buy the body panels from B&B, and design your own top.. LOL
Xor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2006 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XorSend a Private Message to XorDirect Link to This Post
The name of the company is Newfield. They are located in The Netherlands. Website: www.newfield.nl.
Please let me know if you want to translate something from Dutch into English...

[This message has been edited by Xor (edited 12-04-2006).]

avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2006 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
I recently read that the convertible top from a Pontiac Sunfire will match up pretty good to the Fiero, you just need to figure out how to install it.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2006 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
huh? The sunbird/sunfire are 4 seaters. I believe you can use the header and latches from a sunbird. But from there back, the tops are very different. PLUS, where are you going to put the top when it is down? Now, it can be done, but there are better ways to go about doing it.

And yes... I have owned a convertible fiero.

J.
LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2006 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistDirect Link to This Post
I also have an Automoda underframe for sale if someone in the southeast is interested in picking it up in Raleigh, NC (I notice fieroparts is in Maine, so hopefully I'm not stepping on toes by saying so)...

------------------
Patrick W. Heinske -- LZeitgeist@aol.com
1988 Red Fiero Formula Convertible
*Desktop Photo Here* (click either link for pics)

blkcofy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2006 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blkcofySend a Private Message to blkcofyDirect Link to This Post
XOR,

Can you translate the page that calls out the "Vanderhoef" on the www.newfield.nl site? Do they sell the parts? Do they list a cost? I'm thinking with the parts, V-* Archie could easily do the conversion and fabricate the additional body support needed. It would be interesting just to see what the whole cost would be...importing the total parts from Newfield and having Archie complete the build.

PFF
System Bot
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2006 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
I was gonna say that this topic has been discussed MANY times and there is info and pics of some nice convertibles in the archives (accessible by SEARCH) but I won't ........ nevermind

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 12-04-2006).]

foxgapfiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2006 05:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for foxgapfieroSend a Private Message to foxgapfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blkcofy:

XOR,

Can you translate the page that calls out the "Vanderhoef" on the www.newfield.nl site? Do they sell the parts? Do they list a cost? I'm thinking with the parts, V-* Archie could easily do the conversion and fabricate the additional body support needed. It would be interesting just to see what the whole cost would be...importing the total parts from Newfield and having Archie complete the build.

Could you send me a copy of that translation also?
Dans85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2006 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dans85GTSend a Private Message to Dans85GTDirect Link to This Post
I was interested in looking at this Newfield.nl site, but I cant seem to open it. When I click on the link or type the site into the browser I end up at a site called barneysfarm.com over and over again.

~Dan~
larini74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2006 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Direct Link to This Post
Dans85GT - you need to clear your cookies and cache/temp internet files, they may be corrupted
or you may have spyware....
RCR

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2006 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
Hmm??? Mine does same thing as Dan's...

Bob
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2006 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
You need to reinforce the body. Ive seen some done with box tubing ran down and inside the rockers, and some with an ' X ' brace running across the gas tank. At one time a company did sell the brace kit. Unless you find one of the originals, your going to have to fabricate your own top though.
Raifalino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2006 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaifalinoSend a Private Message to RaifalinoDirect Link to This Post
Can you translate the page for me too? "Vanderhoef" prices...etc? Thanks

Raifalino
avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2006 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
I'll have to see if I find out where I read about the Sunfire top, maybe it was a Sunbird, meanwhile here is a place that sells convertible top kits and parts:
Here is a link to someone's version of a Fiero convertible with a removeable center roof section.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/580254

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 12-05-2006).]

Xor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2006 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XorSend a Private Message to XorDirect Link to This Post
OK. Hold tight, because here's the translation of the page after you've pressed the "Vanderhoef" button.
The translation is written in my best English:

"Newfield Almere build the Vanderhoef Fastback and Convertible for a couple of years now.
These models combine exclusivity and sportive driving with the looks of a classic beauty.
Each customer can choose the appearance and performance of his or her Vanderhoef through "a la carte" (I think that's French for goods made to measure).
If you're curious how your Vanderhoef will look like, then go to the digital showroom and compose your own car."

They sell parts, but there are no prices mentioned on the site.
The best way to contact them is to send them an e-mail. Press "Newfield" and "E-mail ons via het emailformulier".

About the site: you need Adobe Flash Player.

[This message has been edited by Xor (edited 12-06-2006).]

jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2006 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderDirect Link to This Post
That picture was originally mine. I was down visiting with Bill Welch at the time. The dark red convertible was mine. The Blue one was also from the same company, but had a removable center section. The white formula is an automoda top and the red car is a roadster.

J.

Originally posted by avengador1:

I'll have to see if I find out where I read about the Sunfire top, maybe it was a Sunbird, meanwhile here is a place that sells convertible top kits and parts:
Here is a link to someone's version of a Fiero convertible with a removeable center roof section.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/580254

PFF
System Bot
avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2006 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Here is a link to more patent information. This one actually has some nice diagrams of the convertible top.
http://www.google.com/patents?vid=USPAT4621861&id=nQs0AAAAEBAJ&dq=pontiac+fiero

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock