Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Wrecked and flipped my fiero in a street race. (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Wrecked and flipped my fiero in a street race. by 84fierotrevor
Started on: 02-28-2006 01:31 AM
Replies: 93
Last post by: Wasabi_J on 11-30-2006 08:59 AM
84fierotrevor

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 351
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post
ok, So normaly I never ever race and am against it, and this just proves why street racing is a bad idea!
Today I was out crusin in my 1988 yellow notchback fiero 5 speed with sunroof.
I pulled up to a light and a few seconds later a orange 1998 or above firebird trans am with ws6 package pulls up next to me. i am in the left lane he is in the right lane.
It has dumb stickers all over it and a punk looking kid was driving.
Of course he looks over and revs at me.
Well not one to normaly be irresponisble I ignore him. He keeps reving at me so I figure what the hell!
I had just had a few drinks before hand and altho when the police arrived i blew a .10 I know my limits and was perfefctly fine to drive. because I know i didn't feel drunk.
My fiero is stock but it has the v6, So I figure I can jump him off the line then just let off real quick.
So the light turns green. we both gas it, I dump the clutch from like 4 thousand rpm's and we both do a slight burnout but I get traction before him and jump in front of him. well by 60 mph he has pulled almost a car length on me. well right then a red c5 corvette pulls out right infront of the firebird from the right and it was to late for the firebird to do anything about it. at first I thought it was a deer. because thats the only thing that can jump come out in front of you while ur street racing. or so I thought. the firebird locks its brakes and skids and slams into the back corner of the corvette and it spins the corvette around in front of me. and i am basicly almost looking head on into the vette I try and swerve out of the way but I locked my breaks a second before and the front right of my fiero clips the front right of his corvette "front left of corvette if you are sitting in drivers seat of vette"
It makes the back of my fiero skid out from behind me sideways and I guess hitting the front of the vette lifted the back of my fiero into the air because the next thing i know i have fliped upside down and am sliding along the pavment for a split second.
everyone was ok. I was able to crawl out of the back window of the fiero because it shatterd when i flipped upside down.
the vettes front bumper was torn completly off from my car hitting it and most of my front right fender is missing
the firebird has front end damage. but it acctuly does not look that bad. the roof of my fiero collapsed in so I guess its a convertable project now. it is also going to need some front end repair and a new paintjob.
the guys vette had his back end torn off. he lost his back left wheel and his front bumper is torn off. I think he got the worst of it. I'm sure it will be deemed salavged and he was the one doing nothing wrong.
of course the cops showed up to take a report. and a firetruck came with some first responders to make sure everyone was ok.
lucky i had my digital camera with me, and amazingly it was not destroyed
I got some pictures of the aftermath of the accident. u can basicly see what happend from the skid marks.
scroll down to see them. This guys is why street racing is so dangerous.
badly torn up fiero scroll down at ur own risk. if u dont want to see a badly damaged fiero do not scroll down!

this is basicly after the police and firetruck had shown up and made sure everyone was ok.

this is before the police or firetruck had shown up.

This is a closer shot of the damage to the corvette and the firebird. as u can tell this accident caused alot of road derbys, I tried to clean some of it up. its the least i can do.

here is another picture of the corvette and firebird from a diffrent angle.

here is a closer shot of the fiero. still upside down.

here is the fiero upside down from another angle. U can see the fender damage clearly in this shot.

[This message has been edited by 84fierotrevor (edited 02-28-2006).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post
this is my fiero after some people nearby helped me flip it back over. U can clearly see the roof is smashed in.
Look for a convertable build up thread in the near future.

This is where the race first started. u can see are burnout marks as we took off.

well guys. stay tuned for a thread where i fully rebuild repaint and converte my little yellow fiero into a drop top!

crzyone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
Heh...
86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
Bored much? I was wondering why you would dump the clutch from 4k with a getrag, lol. I was also wondering how you manage to crush the roof, and why you didnt just open the door. Next time work on the loop holes....

Also your story lacks the standard flaws of street racing accedents 1: in the rain, 2: in the dark: 3: in a heavy traffic or 4: in a place where you cannot see approaching side traffic

[This message has been edited by 86GT3.4DOHC (edited 02-28-2006).]

Jesse_James

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 02:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jesse_JamesSend a Private Message to Jesse_JamesDirect Link to This Post
My professional diagnosis is that this man has gone stir crazy. The only perscription is to get the car out as soon as possible.
1986 Fiero GT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 02:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986 Fiero GTSend a Private Message to 1986 Fiero GTDirect Link to This Post
I thought you had a girlfriend..?
88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 02:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTDirect Link to This Post
HA HA HA
timwdegner

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 03:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for timwdegnerSend a Private Message to timwdegnerDirect Link to This Post
Ah dammit!!!! You can't jerk me around like this!!! *deep breaths* Geez.

I definitely am obsessed, because the relief when I saw your pics was…lol well only then did I realize I'd been holding my breath preparing for the terrible devastation eluded to in your evil writeup.

Sadly, this is exactly the kinda thing I can see myself coming up with. =P Lol. Nice one.

Jermz238

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 03:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jermz238Send a Private Message to Jermz238Direct Link to This Post
wow thats awesome haha

i have that same fridge...

------------------
1986 Fiero GT- Under Reconstruction

1989 Honda CRX- DD, beater/bucket

BobadooFunk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 03:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BobadooFunkClick Here to visit BobadooFunk's HomePageSend a Private Message to BobadooFunkDirect Link to This Post
wow i was honestly pissed for a minute.... then i simmered but am still ticked. i SO wanted that little Fiero you still RUINED IT!!! but atleast you only messed up a toy one.. as much as that still makes me sad

bashtard

------------------

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/050262.html "Ritalin"
See all of my movies!
For the latest Fiero apparel and accessories, please visit F-I-E-R-O's online store Fiero Lives Online

84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 03:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post
Well guy's.
I tried to convert my fiero to a convertable but my skills where just not good enough.
I just messed it up more.
I was feeling really down today, and even considered parting my little yellow fiero out. I tried to remove the dash But didn't have a big enough screwdriver.
It made me pretty depresed. and just as i was as low as I could go... I heard a knock on my door.
I pondered even answering the door, No point. With my fiero laying in a wreck it wasn't like I felt like doing much anyways.
i figured what the hell, go answer it. so I did.
AND I COULD NOT BELIEVE WHO IT WAS!!!!
standing before me at my very door it was XampL, some of you may recognize that name from the hit NTV show Rape My Ride!
I could not believe that this once Rapper turned relaitly tv show host was really standing face to face to me!
He was here to RAPE my ride!
So we took my fiero down to wezt kost kustomz and he told me straight up. I won't be seeing my car for a few days. they want it to be a suprise. but he did let me in on a little secret. He told me that YES it will be a convertable. and That 24's just aint pimp no more, everyone has got them. So he is going to make my ride unique and pimp.
with crome "124's!
here is a couple pics. One is of my fiero sitting outside the famouse Wezt Koast Kustomz next to the size rim he is going to attempt to adapt to my fiero.
and another is a pic i snapped of the inside of wezt koast kustomz.
injoy!
I will update as soon as I get my fiero back!
Holla!
Rims soon to be adapted to my fiero, he said somthing about a fishtank too.

inside the famouse wezt koast customz

PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 04:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwDirect Link to This Post
even have "rubber neckers in the back ground.

Originally posted by 84fierotrevor:

Originally posted by Jermz238:
i have that same fridge...

How tall are you ?
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 06:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Your mom's going to take your toys away if you dont quit making messes on the floor.
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
You had me going for a minute. Then I felt better after I saw the pics, but then I noticed there are kittens involved...
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
I don't think you have to worry about deer running into the road with the huge cats in your area.

Bob

Rodrv6

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rodrv6Send a Private Message to Rodrv6Direct Link to This Post
When I first saw this last night at work I found myself getting more and more irritated about another Fiero getting screwed up by an idiot that was racing AND drinking. Then, when I scrolled down to the pictures I had to explain to my coworkers why I was laughing hystericly
Very well done!! You've made my night!

------------------
Rod Schneider, Woodstock, Ga.
"You can't have too many toys!"
1988 Fiero GT
1966 Porsche 911
Van's RV-6 airplane-under construction

fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comDirect Link to This Post
How come the Fiero did not catch on fire?
You better clean up the floor before your better half gets home, it would be a shame to live thru the accident only to be killed by your better half.

Nice work!

30+mpg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgDirect Link to This Post
Hey, this is the FIERO forum, not the HOT WHEELS forum. Come back when you're old enough for a driver's license.

BTW What's up w/ the subwoofer?

[This message has been edited by 30+mpg (edited 02-28-2006).]

Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
amazed you were able to get out the back window - that roof came in pretty far!
another tribute to the saftey of Fiero's?!
FastFieros

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosDirect Link to This Post
Are you sure no animals were hurt during the photography of this?

Loyde

FrugalFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrugalFieroDirect Link to This Post
We needed a DUI story here on PFF with a happy ending!?

Tim

PFF
System Bot
cool85gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cool85gtDirect Link to This Post
Dude, that fricken cool!

plus for ya!

[This message has been edited by cool85gt (edited 02-28-2006).]

AaronZ34

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 408
User Banned

Report this Post02-28-2006 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AaronZ34Click Here to visit AaronZ34's HomePageSend a Private Message to AaronZ34Direct Link to This Post
By the way, that Firebird had ABS, he didn't lock the brakes.

------------------

"My engine's runnin' on time, my head's so f*cked up inside" -Breaking Benjamin

Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedDirect Link to This Post
Nice try Aaron, the firebird has ABS, however the brake switch has failed in the open state, causing an ABS error code 95, and the ABS INOP. light has been on for months. Happens all the time.
ohioindy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ohioindyClick Here to visit ohioindy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohioindyDirect Link to This Post

And the winner is….84fierotrevor
------------------

[This message has been edited by ohioindy (edited 02-28-2006).]

Joe Torma

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joe TormaClick Here to visit Joe Torma's HomePageSend a Private Message to Joe TormaDirect Link to This Post
hehehe, had me going...funny
AaronZ34

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 408
User Banned

Report this Post02-28-2006 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AaronZ34Click Here to visit AaronZ34's HomePageSend a Private Message to AaronZ34Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierobsessed:

Nice try Aaron, the firebird has ABS, however the brake switch has failed in the open state, causing an ABS error code 95, and the ABS INOP. light has been on for months. Happens all the time.

You frickin lair LOL

Hehe, fine, you win.

The city police department has released a statement saying that if the owner of the Firebird had maintained his vehicle to factory safe operating condition, the accident would have been avoided. Fault of the accident has been placed on the owner/operator of the Firebird. He will be recieving multiple citations for Grand Auto Contest, Wreckless Driving Resulting in Collision, Compulsory Insurance, and Failure to Yield to a Faster car (The Vette).

hehe

GmetalGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GmetalGTSend a Private Message to GmetalGTDirect Link to This Post
So is this all u do all day. Serious question.
And you talk about the people on RFT.

------------------
-Chris -
Custom Gun Metal 86 GT 4.9 V8 5spd

Build up tread or MODS w/ Pics

2005 SRT-4

84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GmetalGT:

So is this all u do all day. Serious question.
And you talk about the people on RFT.

I'm sick and have been for the last 2 days. I got bored
go bother someone else

84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post

84fierotrevor

4998 posts
Member since Oct 2001
Heh Honda loves us
i like the comment on the second page.

-people still drive fieros?

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93902&highlight=fiero

agh! nevermind u got to register to see it

007DOUG

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 007DOUGSend a Private Message to 007DOUGDirect Link to This Post
Does your Mom know yet that you've got crayon on the kitchen floor?

Good story. You had me going for a minute

PFF
System Bot
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
That was pretty good! I got a kick out of it. Did you really have to destroy memorabilia? tehehe. I would give you a + but you already had one :P.
84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

That was pretty good! I got a kick out of it. Did you really have to destroy memorabilia? tehehe. I would give you a + but you already had one :P.

Well, I did have to destroy some hotwheels yes. but i have a ton of those little yellow fieros. and the little yellow fiero I wanted to make into a convertable and paint red anyways

84fierotrevor

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fierotrevorSend a Private Message to 84fierotrevorDirect Link to This Post

84fierotrevor

4998 posts
Member since Oct 2001

Originally posted by FastFieros:

Are you sure no animals were hurt during the photography of this?

Loyde

no cats where hurt in the creation of this, altho I cannot say there feelings where not hurt.
I told them to scram when they started smacking around the accident scene.

SOULCRUSHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SOULCRUSHERClick Here to visit SOULCRUSHER's HomePageSend a Private Message to SOULCRUSHERDirect Link to This Post
I call BS!! No way a stock Fiero can hang with a Trans Am WS6, even if it is to 60mph!
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by SOULCRUSHER:

I call BS!! No way a stock Fiero can hang with a Trans Am WS6, even if it is to 60mph!

It will if it's a 4 cylinder......

Haagster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HaagsterSend a Private Message to HaagsterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SOULCRUSHER:

Critic

Christine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineDirect Link to This Post
That was HILARIOUS!

------------------

carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
I've got dibs on all of the good parts when they end up in The Mall!
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Direct Link to This Post
Thats just to funny. Cheers Beers n Gears. Joe
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock