Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Widebody Construction ... STARTED...Here is the Final look. (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Widebody Construction ... STARTED...Here is the Final look. by jigsaw
Started on: 05-26-2005 06:27 PM
Replies: 107
Last post by: ducattiman on 04-24-2006 12:53 PM
jigsaw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2005 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jigsawSend a Private Message to jigsawDirect Link to This Post
OK here is MY final idea That I have chosen to Go with on my Wide Body. The Options will be the front 360 Ferrari style nose as a option as well as the stock style. I will make this as a kit , and It will be adaptable for the Notch , and the Fastback. It will come out as a 6 piece Kit
1) front apron and fender section
2) side Lower rocker panels
3) rear quarter/tail section.
4) 2 tail light sections 355 style
5) door seal attachments.

some PICS.... yeah baby,
here is the widebody with the stock roofline

here is the Widebody.. with the Choptop

and the rear stock

and the rear after the chop and widebody.

tell me your thoughts, I want a widebody, But I still want it to look like a fiero as you look at the side profile. Plus this will be a fairly easy kit to put together as a package for others that want it, I have looked and I really don't like any of the kits available to date. But I Love this Look..
Jigsaw

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MinnGreenGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2005 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
I like the concept in general (GT Touring Syle) - although I think the flares might be exaggerated a touch too much (I'm thinking about 2/3 of the distance). But it's definitely a great starting point!

It would solve the only thing I'm not totally thrilled with about the visual lines of the Fiero... the fenders don't create quite enough shape when looking down the side of the car.

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2005 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZDirect Link to This Post
Whoa, sweet!!! Although there's something about the front, I can't quite put my finger on, doesn't look real Fiero-esque

------------------

1984 Fiero SE

Pontiac Boi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2005 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pontiac BoiSend a Private Message to Pontiac BoiDirect Link to This Post
Nice photoshop, I almost thought it was real for a sec. Choptop or not, that rear wide-body looks SEXY, almost reminds me of the Enzo's rear sides.
Silicoan86

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2005 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silicoan86Send a Private Message to Silicoan86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jigsaw:
here is the Widebody.. with the Choptop

I love this pic right here, but it looks like you might have trouble with that mirror possibly hitting the front fender when it opens. Maybe its just me.

Oh yeah: That is one of the nicest looking ideas I've ever seen. You have VERY good taste.

[This message has been edited by Silicoan86 (edited 05-26-2005).]

MIM104

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2005 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MIM104Send a Private Message to MIM104Direct Link to This Post
I see the same mirror problem, but that could be easily solved by (a) moving the mirror to the fender, or (b) building a mirror into the fender (could look really cool) either way, awesome idea as well as some top notch photoshop work

P.S. one word, Wingstands...

[This message has been edited by MIM104 (edited 05-26-2005).]

rims05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2005 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rims05Send a Private Message to rims05Direct Link to This Post
i like it a LOT, the only thing that i'd be worried about is how the door would open, i think it would hit the fenderand and only open like 1 foot, but if you offer it at a good price and i can afford it, i'd pry buy it

i'd like to see you do that to a notchie so i can see what it would look like, also, with the tail lights you might make it so you can still use the stock tails and just put some sort of spacer in the middle, i think more ppl would buy it if they have the option to use either

Travis

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2005 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post
I like it. I've thought about making on kinda like that with the front fenders out beyond the door like the F-40.

Loose the hood vents & vents on the front bumper. Replace them with something that doesn't look like they were "Tacked on".

Also you'll need larger tail lights.

Archie

F355spider

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2005 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
It is great, the back shot is sweet, but the doors need to come out to meet the fenders and rear to look right to me. I’m actually planning something similar to my 85 after I finish my 355.
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2005 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
I think its a cool looking concept. The mirror problem that everyone is talking about can be fixed by simply mounting mirrors on the front fenders like on some of the racing cars. Go for it if you have the resources and skill, it'd be one of a kind.
jigsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2005 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jigsawSend a Private Message to jigsawDirect Link to This Post
hey guys thanks for the imput, You are right about the Mirror, It would ultimately end up More like a 288 GTO mirror, With a little taller stand. On the 360 Im not quite done photoshoping the front facia, But It will be much more appealing then the stock Facia. The fender width Is staying, Im going to run 18X13 inch wheels with 335/35/18 rear wheels. I want them Under the fenders so the body width is Mandatory. It will also be getting a V8 so the side vents, at the rear of the doors will be functional. I like the look of the door in, Also as this kit is manufactured, It will make it easier on the install, There will not have to be any modifications to the door or the Mechanics of it. on the wing , Yeah that is a option, that will be up to the specific owner.. The taste in wings is so broad that To sell one wouldnt Benefit, Because everyone would have something different in their mind as far as what they like. On the tail lights , I will make a filler, so that the stock lights can be used and there for no wiring modification will have to be done.
Jigsaw

------------------

PFF
System Bot
jigsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2005 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jigsawSend a Private Message to jigsawDirect Link to This Post

jigsaw

52 posts
Member since Mar 2005

Does anyone have a good pic at this angle of their Notch back. Ill photoshop one up and give a preview.
and hey if there are different color ones send them too, It will show what it looks like in different colors.

------------------

[This message has been edited by jigsaw (edited 05-26-2005).]

F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2005 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
I love the back end, and would like to do just that part to my notch back with a 355 nose and a cool hood scoop. The choptop is out for me, being as tall as I am, I don't know if I could stand driving it every day with my chin on my chest.

[This message has been edited by F-I-E-R-O (edited 05-27-2005).]

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2005 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post
I like it... Looks alot like mine.. Just a lil' wider...

SmoothGT
Widebody V8 Choptop!!

------------------

Choptytopped WideBody GT 1 of 1
4.9L-V8-Auto---almost finished

F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2005 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
Oh ya! I just played around with it in PS and it would def look better on a notchie! If you need a car to practice on, let me know- no charge to use mine!
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2005 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
i have the same wheels (16's)

------------------
Rich AIM: ONE FAST 2M8:
if you appreciate my help show me more green on my bar

white 86se daily driver
Gold 86se 355 SBC,
92 BMW 325i

F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2005 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NotAFieroAnyLonger:

SmoothGT
Widebody V8 Choptop!!

Where do you have photos of your car posted, I'd like to see more of it than what I can make out in the sig- looks awesome so fa as I can tell!

Fiero_Adam

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2005 01:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_AdamSend a Private Message to Fiero_AdamDirect Link to This Post
The width is a bit extreme to me. Looks to be about 6" each side, at least in the rear. And I think the flare sections should flow a little into the door. Not much, because that would take away from the look you're going for. But overall, I like it. Nice editing on the picture.
A few things to consider, if you haven't already. It's going to need new inner fenders made. Possibly some brackets to hold the wider pieces in place. Definately would want a new brace for underneath the rockers. Gas door will need 'fixed' or relocated. Major things are obviously the suspension, and how you're going to be able to steer that thing with huge tires up front, unless you're planning on power steering?

Oh, and have you checked your PM's lately?

------------------
(formerly known as sqoach)
86 SE 4 spd - undergoing reconstructive surgery
86 SE auto - receiving heart transplant - it's alive!!
86 GT auto - daily driver

85 GT 4 spd - parts car

jigsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2005 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jigsawSend a Private Message to jigsawDirect Link to This Post
here is A pic with a little different mirror

I have 2 fab shops that do a lot of work for me here at my body shop, I also have a custom plastics Company that can provide the 16th inch wheel well lining. they also carry all sorts of plastic sheeting, and PVC, and Plexiglass materials. I also have a Metal Break here at my shop so Brackets are No problem.. ON the front the wheels, It will not be that much wider,18X7 Basically the same as when Doing a lambo kit, small spacers, and off set wheels will get the front out to the wheel well. The rears are The Huge wheels 18X13 , and I dont have to turn them So Were good If anyone has cars/Chassis that they are not going to use I will be needing a couple more car bodies to use in the surgery, Ill work a deal on a completed kit, If they can come up with some cars for me to use for mock UPs.
Jigsaw

------------------

Fire451

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2005 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fire451Click Here to visit Fire451's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fire451Direct Link to This Post
here is a pic of mine

------------------

86 SE 2.9L
Best ET : 14.9 @ 90 MPH

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2005 03:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyDirect Link to This Post
Hi all,

I for one love the idea!! Very Enzoish while still keeping the fiero in mind....I am sure you know this already but check out the link listed below for a 360 type nose that is 3 inches wider than a stock fiero.......Oh!!! If you can take some criticism, could you try the new side mirrors with an angle on them the length of the stem.......Just to see them with more angle......

Link: http://coolcustomcars.com/default.html To see what I am talking about go into the link on the main page about thier 360 conversions.......They also have a rear bumper type 360, though I think it could use a small redesign to it.......

PFF
System Bot
Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 271
User Banned

Report this Post05-27-2005 05:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NotAFieroAnyLonger:

SmoothGT
Widebody V8 Choptop!!

Yoiu have been saying this for a long time ...let's see yours as a work in progress

fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post05-27-2005 05:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Master Tuner Akimoto:

Yoiu have been saying this for a long time ...let's see yours as a work in progress

Not everybody has money growing on trees, to invest in their pet projects, MTA!! Some of the Members here go through a lot of adversity in their lives, which kinda limits the cashflow available for our dreams. Steve must have truckloads of patience to keep his dream alive in his head, if not in reality.I sure do hope that, one day, Steve will have the financial opportunity to complete his dream. In the meantime, if we show half the patience waiting for his car to appear for the first time,as Steve excersises on the long journey to completion, we will get to see it !!
Good luck Steve..Keep on trying!!!
Nick
fierofetish

------------------
RESPONSIBILITY WILL SOLVE EVERYTHING.USE IT ALL THE TIME !!!!.

Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2005 06:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
Suicide the doors. No problems with the mirrors hitting.

------------------
black 85 GT on the road soon... REAL soon....

Phantom-Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2005 06:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Phantom-FieroSend a Private Message to Phantom-FieroDirect Link to This Post
That thing looks mean. + for you
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2005 06:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Does anyone have a good pic at this angle of their Notch back. Ill photoshop one up and give a preview.
and hey if there are different color ones send them too, It will show what it looks like in different colors.

How about using Archies Stinger?

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2005 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanDirect Link to This Post
Nice, but you need too get that doorside out and then have it too go in towards the quarter panel.

------------------
Regards SHARKMAN
86 GT, 3.4 Camaro engine,
choptop # 1 in Europe/Sweden

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2005 07:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
Looks sharp...I like it.

Bob

jigsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2005 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jigsawSend a Private Message to jigsawDirect Link to This Post
here is a quick notch pic

Ill spend more time on it this evening and repost a better one tonight
jigsaw

------------------

F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2005 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END! KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END! KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END! KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END! KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END! KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END! KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END! KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END! KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END! KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END! KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END! KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END! KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END! KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END! KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END! KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END! KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END! KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END! KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END! KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END! KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END! KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END! KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END! KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END! KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END! KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END! KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END!
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2005 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O:

Where do you have photos of your car posted, I'd like to see more of it than what I can make out in the sig- looks awesome so fa as I can tell!

Maybe Minn has some of the WB of mine.... I lost all pics in a puter crash and dont have a digi cam anymore... I plan on getting a buddy to take some pics in about a month.... Stay tuned!
PFF
System Bot
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2005 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

NotAFieroAnyLonger

4413 posts
Member since Dec 2003

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O:

KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END! KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END! KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END! KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END! KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END! KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END! KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END! KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END! KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END! KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END! KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END! KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END! KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END! KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END! KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END! KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END! KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END! KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END! KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END! KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END! KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END! KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END! KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END! KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END! KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END! KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END! KEEP THE WIDTH ON THE BACK END!

I totally agree!!

cooguyfish

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2005 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cooguyfishSend a Private Message to cooguyfishDirect Link to This Post
This could just be my personal suggestion and/or preference, but (of course i'd have to see it photoshopped before i could say this as final) but I think it might look better if you curved the widebody parts in towards the doors. Similiar to the way the IMSA looks, except just curve in the part that's by the doors. I don't know, I just think it looks slightly strange with the body sticking out so much farther than the doors. Or it could just be like someone else said, that the body needs to be just a little narrower.

On the other hand, I love the concept, and that's an amazing photoshop. I'd also vote to keep the stock front bumper with the kit instead of the 355 style one.

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2005 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
My newest hero ! ( can I be a test subject for ya? )

------------------

88 GT, 3800SC, Getrag 5sp. Custom

Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2005 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
You have the same ideas I had :P I would love to see a kit out there for widebodies. The back I really like, as long as it can be made to function. I guess I will have to update the page on my widebody... lol I love fieros, but there is something about those huge tires on the back that make me think exotic..

------------------
Fiero 2MCUSTOM - 3.4 Pushrod swap in progress....

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2005 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

My newest hero ! ( can I be a test subject for ya? )

did'nt like my Widebody when you saw (towed) it..??

------------------

Choptytopped WideBody GT 1 of 1
4.9L-V8-Auto---almost finished

MIM104

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2005 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MIM104Send a Private Message to MIM104Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by cooguyfish:

This could just be my personal suggestion and/or preference, but (of course i'd have to see it photoshopped before i could say this as final) but I think it might look better if you curved the widebody parts in towards the doors. Similiar to the way the IMSA looks, except just curve in the part that's by the doors. I don't know, I just think it looks slightly strange with the body sticking out so much farther than the doors. Or it could just be like someone else said, that the body needs to be just a little narrower.

On the other hand, I love the concept, and that's an amazing photoshop. I'd also vote to keep the stock front bumper with the kit instead of the 355 style one.

IMHO, it looks better sticking out with no curve. It sets it apart from the IMSA and brings a whole new look to the scene

crzyone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2005 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crzyoneSend a Private Message to crzyoneDirect Link to This Post
Looks Awesome! Keep the width as is. Looks like a supercar rear end. I love how that looks, and the fastback definitly looks better with the wide body. Keep the door recessed, its looks cool and is functional. I wouldn't change a thing, awesome.

------------------

Buy a fiero, become a mechanic

jigsaw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2005 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jigsawSend a Private Message to jigsawDirect Link to This Post
thanks you guys for the compliments, and yes You can Donate your cars to the cause If you wish...lol I like this design because I have not seen it before. I dont want to copy anything, I love the lines of the Fiero, and well Its not a Ferrari so I dont want it to look like one.. I just want it to have the Supercar look, at a price that Most can afford. I also like that it will be a very easy kit to put on. and well We all like that kind of addition to our cars. The thing about most Kitcars is that they rule out most weekenders, and the prices are souring so hi That most cant afford them. I dont want that to be the case.. I will try to keep the cost down, so we can all enjoy the Wine taste on our Beer Budget..

------------------

zMacK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2005 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zMacKSend a Private Message to zMacKDirect Link to This Post

The fastback dont match the lines at alll. Otherwise I like the looks allot!

Oh yeah, good luck finding like 35" rims haha

[This message has been edited by zMacK (edited 05-27-2005).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock