Started on: 09-17-2005 12:26 AM
Replies: 86
Last post by: RACE on 11-03-2005 04:39 PM
RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2005 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
This post has been edited with the most current information about the Iowa Cruise.

We will meet in Pella on October 16th, at the town square between 2:30 and 3:00. The cruise will begin around 3:15. The route will run from the Pella town square to Maytag park in Newton using County roads T14, F62, and S74. Maytag park is on the southwest side of the city. - rain or shine.

Check back often for the most up to date information.

------------------
My 87 Fiero SE website

[This message has been edited by RACE (edited 09-24-2005).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tstroud

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2005 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tstroudSend a Private Message to tstroudDirect Link to This Post
Any of those dates will work for me.
DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2005 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
The 16th is the only open date for me.

Dan

Mulholland_GT_Racer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2005 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mulholland_GT_RacerSend a Private Message to Mulholland_GT_RacerDirect Link to This Post
Almost any day is fine by me, could anybody help me figure out my freakin' high idle? :/
I'd really like to meet another Fiero enthusiast who knows what's going on under the decklid better than me.

-Mulholland GT

Mulholland_GT_Racer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2005 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mulholland_GT_RacerSend a Private Message to Mulholland_GT_RacerDirect Link to This Post

Mulholland_GT_Racer

387 posts
Member since Aug 2005
By the way, where/when is this meet?

I'm from Iowa City.

-Mulholland GT

DanFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2005 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mulholland_GT_Racer:

Almost any day is fine by me, could anybody help me figure out my freakin' high idle? :/
I'd really like to meet another Fiero enthusiast who knows what's going on under the decklid better than me.

-Mulholland GT

There's a few of us up in Cedar Rapids if you're ever in the area. Your more than welcome to come on over. I won't be putting my toys away for another month or so.

Dan

------------------

[This message has been edited by DanFiero (edited 09-17-2005).]

Mulholland_GT_Racer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2005 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mulholland_GT_RacerSend a Private Message to Mulholland_GT_RacerDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I could really use some help figuring this car out.

It's really different.

Wish I'd known any of you guys were in Cedar Rapids when my Fiero refused to start up again after dinner when I was up there about 2 weeks ago!

Anyways, do any of you guys have a spare IAC?
I need one to resolve my 3k rpm idle problem...

-Mulholland GT

RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2005 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
Edit: A location has not been set yet but you can vote further down this page.

[This message has been edited by RACE (edited 09-21-2005).]

JamesCurtis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2005 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JamesCurtisSend a Private Message to JamesCurtisDirect Link to This Post
I'm game if I have enough money for gas & get my rack bushing replaced before then. Name a time and place

------------------

Mulholland_GT_Racer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2005 06:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mulholland_GT_RacerSend a Private Message to Mulholland_GT_RacerDirect Link to This Post
Yep. Name a time + place and things to do. Lord knows there's not a thing in Iowa City. *rolls eyes*

-Mulholland GT

LAMBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2005 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBOSend a Private Message to LAMBODirect Link to This Post
The 16th would probably work best for me, Kenton. I've committed to a car show the weekend of the 8th and 9th. It would have to be an afternoon thing for me on the 16th also.
Todd
PFF
System Bot
partsman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2005 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partsmanSend a Private Message to partsmanDirect Link to This Post
let me know I will try to make it.

------------------

SLOWnSTEADY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2005 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SLOWnSTEADYSend a Private Message to SLOWnSTEADYDirect Link to This Post
well, i know this isnt really the place, but seeings how your all from iowa (as am i) if ne one has some free time and would like to stop by my house (hiawatha, right by the DQ on center pt rd.) and try take a look at my 87 2.5L that would be AWESOME!!
i work at a pontiac dealer, and they cant really even tell me anything about the car. so if ne one would be willing to help PM me.
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2005 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
SLOWnSTEADY, welcome to the forum. Send me a pm with what it is doing. I am from the Des Moines metro and do not get to your area that much but I am willing to help any way I can.

Partsman, I would love to see your t-top car. Is it a factory roof?

Edited to clear up my own confusion.

[This message has been edited by RACE (edited 09-20-2005).]

partsman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2005 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partsmanSend a Private Message to partsmanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RACE:

I would love to see your t-top car. Is it a factory roof?

mine is a factory t-top roof if you are asking me, I need to do some work on the interior redo the drivers seat and a shift console cap for starters.

------------------

RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2005 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
This post has been edited. Option 4 is now officially the Iowa Cruise.

We will meet in Pella on October 16th, at the town square between 2:30 and 3:00. The cruise will begin around 3:15. The route will run from the Pella town square to Maytag park in Newton using County roads T14, F62, and S74. Maytag park is on the southwest side of the city. - rain or shine.

There are a few corners along the route. Pella is an interesting, small town and Newton is on I-80. It is also fairly centrally located between Omaha and Cedar Rapids. I believe that this route will also be the most cost effective for the most people.

Check back often for the most up to date information.

DanFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2005 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
I've been to Pella and it is a wonderful community. I would think that the town square would be a nice backdrop and good picture oppurtunity for our little cars. Also if I remember correctly the roads into and around Pella are quite twisty and fun to drive.

So obviously my vote would be for #4

Dan

jdee74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2005 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jdee74Send a Private Message to jdee74Direct Link to This Post
This sounds cool, I like options 2 and 4, Pella sounds the best! JD

------------------

tstroud

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2005 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tstroudSend a Private Message to tstroudDirect Link to This Post
#1 I have driven on that route many times and it is not really very interesting so let's skip that.
#2 wouldn't be bad.
#3 already been done.
#4 sounds like a nice drive. It gets my vote.
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2005 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
jdee74, I would love to see owners from other states attend and hope to see you there.

I will contact Kevin with the GTs and a few other owners again who are not members here at the forum.

Mulholland_GT_Racer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2005 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mulholland_GT_RacerSend a Private Message to Mulholland_GT_RacerDirect Link to This Post
Option 4 in Newton sounds fine to me.

Jordan Creek mall is a bit far from me.

-Mulholland GT

PFF
System Bot
jdee74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2005 02:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jdee74Send a Private Message to jdee74Direct Link to This Post
Sounds good! I live in the Quad-Cities so I am next door to Davenport, IA. I have read several threads on the forum about various cruises and would love to participate in one. Update us soon with specifics. JD
DanFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2005 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
Is this on the 16th? My wife into bringing one of my other cars

Dan

RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2005 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
We should get a count of the total number of cars that will be there. Last time we had six cars in running condition plus SaLvAgEd's car that we all drove to see. We should be able to top 6.5 cars this time.

LAMBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2005 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBOSend a Private Message to LAMBODirect Link to This Post
I'm up for the drive. Now I have to decide which car to bring. What time you thinking we should meet up in Pella?
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2005 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
We will meet in Pella on October 16th, at the town square between 2:30 and 3:00. The cruise will begin around 3:15. The route will run from the Pella town square to Maytag park in Newton using County roads T14, F62, and S74. Maytag park is on the southwest side of the city.

Todd, my vote is for the convertible. That is the ultimate cruiser.

[This message has been edited by RACE (edited 09-23-2005).]

FieroDiva

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2005 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroDivaSend a Private Message to FieroDivaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LAMBO:

Now I have to decide which car to bring.

I will drive one Maybe a Black 87 ??

If you guys meet at Jordan Creek or in the Des Moines area let me know. Otherwise I wont make it.

Let me know.

Jodi

------------------

FieroJodi@yahoo.com

LAMBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2005 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBOSend a Private Message to LAMBODirect Link to This Post
Hey Jodi, long time no hear. You would be more than welcome to drive that car on the cruise if you want, for old times sake.
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2005 01:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
FieroDiva, Lambo's black car used to be yours? You gave up a good one. I hope to see you there.

Kevin, (not KEV from MSP), sent me an email and he plans to attend. There are still a couple of non-forum members that I plan to invite. The high quality and diversity of cars that will be attending should make this our best meet yet.

Like last time I plan to make a video. I hope to have it edited and ready to post within a couple of hours of getting home from the cruise. Don't worry if your car is not perfect. It does not have to be to look good in the photos or video. What will look good is a long line of Fieros.

Mulholland_GT_Racer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2005 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mulholland_GT_RacerSend a Private Message to Mulholland_GT_RacerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RACE:

Like last time I plan to make a video. I hope to have it edited and ready to post within a couple of hours of getting home from the cruise. Don't worry if your car is not perfect. It does not have to be to look good in the photos or video. What will look good is a long line of Fieros.

Hm, that sounds good. What's your method of editing? Multiple cameras yields the best angles... best I've found for car-videos (I used to synch my Z videos up to music and post them online) are shots taken from a fairly low angle, and stationary camera shots work really well. Exterior angles work extremely well. Hope to see you there (if my GT doesn't break down on the way, lol)

-Mulholland GT

[This message has been edited by Mulholland_GT_Racer (edited 09-25-2005).]

FieroDiva

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2005 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroDivaSend a Private Message to FieroDivaDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I know it has been a long time. I have been busy being a stay at home mom and we are buying our first house. Busy Busy Busy! I dont know if I will make it or not but I will try my hardest. (Just to drive my old car again) oh and I suppose to see all of you too

Jodi

PFF
System Bot
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2005 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
Mulholland,

I have a Sony Handycam. It works pretty good. Sometimes I wish it was heavier so that it would be more stable.

I am new to editing but am improving with every attempt. It is amazing how my computer suddenly seems slow when it indexes the raw video.

partsman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2005 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partsmanSend a Private Message to partsmanDirect Link to This Post
I will try to make it. Saturday October 14 we get back from a Bahamas cruise and might be broke.

------------------

RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2005 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
I know of 26 Iowa owners who are also members of the forum. Most have not replied. So far we have 8 owners who plan to attend with 4 more interested. Lurkers are welcome. I would like to see at least 20 cars on the 16th.
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2005 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post
There are only two weeks until the Pella to Newton Cruise.

Salvaged, is your car going to be ready this time?

Have a good week.

ClifLR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2005 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ClifLRSend a Private Message to ClifLRDirect Link to This Post
I think i will be there, so count me in.
DanFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2005 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
As of right now I am planning on coming, although I'm still not sure which Fiero I'll be bringing. I have also contacted a fellow PFF'r and I' beleive he might be coming as well.

Dan

Racingman24

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2005 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Direct Link to This Post
I'd love to be there, but it might be just a bit far for me and my new swap to venture on my own. Just about 300 miles.

Eric

------------------

Used is such a harsh term. . . I perfer "Previously obsessed over" ;)
88 base coupe: Back on the road. "She thinks my Tractor's sexy. . . . . "
Wait. . . Did I just say I can't wait to do more work on my Fiero?. . .what, am I retarded?

Said by Crazy Dave "You can take Steve out of the trailer park, but you can't take the trailer park out of Steve."
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2005 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Racingman24:

I'd love to be there, but it might be just a bit far for me and my new swap to venture on my own. Just about 300 miles.

Eric

Eric, think of it as a brake-in drive. (I'll bring tools just in case).

partsman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2005 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for partsmanSend a Private Message to partsmanDirect Link to This Post
Bump, it is only about a week away.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock