Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Dig this... it's CFOGi's 2004 summer event, man! (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Dig this... it's CFOGi's 2004 summer event, man! by CFOG-International
Started on: 11-18-2003 09:38 AM
Replies: 95
Last post by: jstricker on 04-08-2004 01:05 AM
CFOG-International

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2003 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CFOG-InternationalClick Here to visit CFOG-International's HomePageSend a Private Message to CFOG-InternationalDirect Link to This Post
Announcing our big event for next summer - Wheatstock, 3 more days of fun, food and Fieros! Start with this link. In the list of links on the left of that page are the payment plan, registration, and registration for the track activities. Participation in the track activities is only open to those who register for the overall event, so those are in addition to that, not separate from it.

Currently there is only a $30 deposit for entering the road course event (a.k.a. "High Speed Driving Event", "Hot Laps", "Pace Car Laps"), because we have to guarantee enough participation in that before we can have it. The deposit will be refunded if it is cancelled. Heartland Park's track is VERY fast, just so you know.

For any questions, send an email to info@CFOGi.org.

Wheatstock. The hottest happening since hip-huggers!

[This message has been edited by CFOG-International (edited 02-26-2004).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
naskie18

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 194
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2003 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for naskie18Click Here to visit naskie18's HomePageSend a Private Message to naskie18Direct Link to This Post
I hope I can go Wouldn't that be a fun trip down to Topeka, slowly meander my way back just in time to hit Fieros at Auburn the following weekend. Me likey

[EDIT]
I speech goodly
[/EDIT]

[EDIT 2]
Any idea (just an estimate) of how many runs we'd get in at the drags if we signed up for time only?
[/EDIT 2]
------------------
Nick www.naskie18.com AIM: Naskie182010

[This message has been edited by naskie18 (edited 11-18-2003).]

[This message has been edited by naskie18 (edited 11-18-2003).]

Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2003 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by naskie18:

just in time to hit Fieros at Auburn the follwing weekend.

When talks with Heatland Park started several months ago, that weekend was the ONLY one available to us for the entire summer. We had them reserve it for us, even though at the time we weren't certain about it.

[This message has been edited by Cheever3000 (edited 02-26-2004).]

stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post11-18-2003 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
Groovy.
WingNut - MD

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2003 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post
Got my official CFOG-i e-mail yesterday on this and I'm excited as he11 about this.

Like Naskie18 said above I'm planning on doing the "Wheatstock" show and then vacation with the family until we end up in Auburn for the "Fieros at Auburn."

Hope this is as big as the 20TH!!!!!!!!!

------------------

"Peg" ------------------------------------------- [Signature graciously provided by Naskie 18]
www.cardomain.com/id/wingnutmd- Updated 11.16.03

naskie18

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 194
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2003 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for naskie18Click Here to visit naskie18's HomePageSend a Private Message to naskie18Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by WingNut - MD:

Got my official CFOG-i e-mail yesterday on this and I'm excited as he11 about this.

Like Naskie18 said above I'm planning on doing the "Wheatstock" show and then vacation with the family until we end up in Auburn for the "Fieros at Auburn."

Hope this is as big as the 20TH!!!!!!!!!

Shouldn't you be working or in a meeting or something?

Nick

litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2003 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post
Barring any unforseen circumstances...like what happened this year...I'll be there. Topeka is only about a 4-4.5 hour drive from home..

------------------

Mike...86 GT 4 Speed
"Sucks to be me..."

Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2003 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
Sweet a big Fiero get together in Topeka! Ill be there most definitely with my 3800sc! Can't wait for this one. Im gonna try and do the road course maybe.

------------------

Maroon 1987 GT 5 spd: 2.8L
Ferrari Red 1988 Formula 5 spd: 3800 Series II Supercharged In Progress.....
Need any parts? Got 2 parts cars:
86GT 4spd
87 Coupe 4cyl

My Website: http://www.members.cox.net/rare88/

Tina

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2003 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TinaSend a Private Message to TinaDirect Link to This Post
Hmmm, about a eight hour drive from Minneapolis, around nine from the Chigago area.

Seems doable

------------------

sqoach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2003 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post
Oh yeah! I'm definately going!

Hey Amir, you should definately do the road course. It was a blast at Waterford.

------------------

Primer is my favorite color...

Don Kraus

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2003 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Don KrausSend a Private Message to Don KrausDirect Link to This Post
Cheever3000,I joined this year as a lifetime member,but I never got a password for members and haven't recieved any newsletters or e-mail.Has there been any?My e-mail address is dwkraus@tds.net.Had a great time at the 20TH.Don

------------------
Too Far
60' - 1.568 sec
1/4 mi - 11.647 sec
mph - 114.55

PFF
System Bot
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2003 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Don Kraus:

I joined this year as a lifetime member,but I never got a password for members and haven't recieved any newsletters or e-mail.Has there been any?

I'll send you an email, but I have verified your membership. At this time I can't explain why you haven't received those things. Yes, all of those things should have been sent to you, although we seem to be consistently behind schedule on our newsletters (We've had some turnover in that area, but new help is on the way, and another issue should be ready soon)

Edit: (Email has been sent)

[This message has been edited by Cheever3000 (edited 11-19-2003).]

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2003 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Cheever3000

12398 posts
Member since Aug 2001

Originally posted by naskie18:

Any idea (just an estimate) of how many runs we'd get in at the drags if we signed up for time only?

It depends. At Milan (20th anniversary), there were 25 cars, and some of them got a dozen or more runs.

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2003 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Cheever3000

12398 posts
Member since Aug 2001
You'll get a preview of the facility by watching the 16th annual O'Reilly NHRA Summer Nationals, May 27-30. It will probably be on ESPN.

Here's pics from last year... http://www.nhra.com/2003/events/race09/photos/sunday/index.htm

And here's videos from last year... http://www.nhra.com/2002/events/race09/video/index.html

WingNut - MD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WingNut - MDClick Here to visit WingNut - MD's HomePageSend a Private Message to WingNut - MDDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by litespd:

Barring any unforseen circumstances...like what happened this year...I'll be there. Topeka is only about a 4-4.5 hour drive from home..

Hey Litespd,

I hope we can finally meet up in Topeka!

fieroX

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 372
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post
i will be there . This will be the event to remember.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroX:

i will be there . This will be the event to remember.

Ooooohhh! With Fierox? Maybe X2?

ThaFieroMunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 03:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ThaFieroMunkSend a Private Message to ThaFieroMunkDirect Link to This Post
I'd really love to get to this event. But mapquest tells me that its about 1810.2km. Thats an estimated driving time of 17 hours. 24 minutes.... I think I might pass. I dont want to put 3600 km on my car in that short amount of time.

I wish it was a bit closer but Michagan was far enough for me this past year.

------------------
Alex

stored for the winter

Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 03:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ThaFieroMunk:

I'd really love to get to this event. But mapquest tells me that its about 1810.2km. Thats an estimated driving time of 17 hours. 24 minutes.... I think I might pass. I dont want to put 3600 km on my car in that short amount of time.

I wish it was a bit closer but Michagan was far enough for me this past year.

Oh come on I drove my car all the way from Wichita, Kansas to Pontiac, Michigan for the summer 20th anniversary event! Man was it great!

------------------

Maroon 1987 GT 5 spd: 2.8L
Ferrari Red 1988 Formula 5 spd: 3800 Series II Supercharged In Progress.....
Need any parts? Got 2 parts cars:
86GT 4spd
87 Coupe 4cyl

My Website: http://www.members.cox.net/rare88/

fieroX

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 372
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

Ooooohhh! With Fierox? Maybe X2?

X2 is an addition of fieroX, it will be there with me. wouldnt leave home without it.

fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroX:

X2 is an addition of fieroX, it will be there with me. wouldnt leave home without it.

Cool, I look forward to seeing it. Maybe I'll have my "super car" built by then, maybe I'll buy that turbo 3.4 and drive it.

PFF
System Bot
ThaFieroMunk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ThaFieroMunkSend a Private Message to ThaFieroMunkDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rare87GT:

Oh come on I drove my car all the way from Wichita, Kansas to Pontiac, Michigan for the summer 20th anniversary event! Man was it great!

Hey man so did I!!! Of course it was only a 4 1/2 hour trip to Pontiac I think! Look if I can convince enough people to go... maybe. Its not like I don't want to go!!! I only hit up the 20th last year. This year there's gonna be more for sure.

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
Did everybody catch the part about how you can pay your registration with 4 bi-monthly payments of just $10? That's $5 per month! And it gets you in the drawing for a week stay at a beautiful Akumal condo.
http://www.cfogi.org/wheatstockpaymentplan.htm

Just making sure you knew about that.

litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WingNut - MD:

Hey Litespd,

I hope we can finally meet up in Topeka!

Looking forward to it, Mark!

BtotheB

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BtotheBClick Here to visit BtotheB's HomePageSend a Private Message to BtotheBDirect Link to This Post
Hmm, how far away is Kansas?

I don't have a clue about American geography... 50-some-odd states is too many to remember for places you've never been

musicman_L7

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for musicman_L7Send a Private Message to musicman_L7Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by litespd:

I'm saving my pennies, I should be there... I'm already starting to fix more things on the car, so that it's ready!

------------------
Nic
1987 GT 5-spd

Now accepting donations for my diseased paint...

JazzMan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post11-19-2003 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
That's within an easy day drive for me, so I'll be there. I can take off Friday and Monday, do the driving on those two days, and be there Friday evening and all day Saturday and Sunday.

JazzMan

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2003 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
Startin' to look like we may have a Texas/Oklahoma caravan!
wpgfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2003 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wpgfieroSend a Private Message to wpgfieroDirect Link to This Post
hmm, I went to the 20th and im definitely going to the Western Canada show in August if we get it organized. I really dont think I'll be able to afford this but I'll sure as hell try
Wouldnt mind getting a few runs in at the track with the 4.9

------------------

R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2003 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
Everyone,

Wheatstock is going to be a HUGE event. As Chuck said there will be several events that you can drive safely at high speeds. The pay options offered make it very do-able for almost everyone. I will be attending all of the performance events. I encourage all to participate in at least one (or heck all of them!). We need support for the Track Event, so please check the box if you are serious about running. We need the participation!

How many of you remember Waterford!? What at blast! This track is SOOOOOOO MUCH BETTER! Wide, fast, and 2.5 miles.

My 2 cents, but YOU CAN COUNT ME IN CHUCK. I'll have the racecar dialed in by then and will be ready to rock.

------------------
Paul

From right to left: Quick, Fast, and INSANE!

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2003 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
Cross your fingers... there's a chance that Arnie "The Farmer" Beswick may come! Take a look at the video on that website (6MB).
PFF
System Bot
JazzMan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post11-22-2003 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by R Runner:I will be attending all of the performance events.

That car has two seats, right? I've got a helmet and neck brace...

JazzMan

sqoach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2003 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

The box for indicating interest in a road course event has already been added. Dang, our webmaster's good!

I can't find it.

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2003 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by sqoach:

I can't find it.

Edited... there is now a separate page for the road course entry.

sqoach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2003 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post
Oh, I thought there was just a seperate box somewhere just to show interest. I didn't know you had to sign up yet. But I will do that as I plan on going.
sqoach

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2003 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post

sqoach

6383 posts
Member since Nov 2000
Here's Heartland Park's website www.hpt.com

Check out this aerial view of the track!

Ah screw it. I can't get it to work. Just go to www.globexplorer.com and type in Heartland Park, Topeka KS
It zooms way in! It's awesome!

[This message has been edited by sqoach (edited 11-22-2003).]

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2003 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Direct Link to This Post
Edited, because new developments have answered the question and made this post obsolete.

jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post11-22-2003 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
Page 2?? I think not....

Within a week or two we should have available a video that a club racer made from in car on two laps of the HPT road course. It's big, and a long download.

Does anyone have access to a streaming server that we can use to host it?

John Stricker

R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2003 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
May need Boom's help on this one.

Paul

wpgfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2003 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wpgfieroSend a Private Message to wpgfieroDirect Link to This Post
I'm not sure if I can make it even if I can afford it, I'd love to come but at the end of june is when we write exams at school, hopefully they'll all be done by then but im not too sure. If it was in July like the 20th was it would definitely be possible for me to come.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock