Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Official 2003 Fiero VegasFest Information... (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
Official 2003 Fiero VegasFest Information... by FordsNeverDie
Started on: 06-21-2003 11:25 AM
Replies: 118
Last post by: sardonyx247 on 08-04-2003 08:46 PM
FordsNeverDie

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2003 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post
The 2003 Fiero VegasFest in Las Vegas is up and running as promised. The dates have been preserved from the FOCOA Nationals, however, the show is not affiliated with FOCOA. If you would like information on the show, I have listed below the phone number and website address that you can contact for whatever information that you may need.

Phone: West Coast Fiero (310) 305-4111

Total registrations as of.....
06/14 = 2
06/17 = 3
06/19 = 5
06/20 = 9
06/21 = 10
06/23 = 14
07/21 = 30

[This message has been edited by FordsNeverDie (edited 07-22-2003).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Azarael

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2003 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AzaraelSend a Private Message to AzaraelDirect Link to This Post
Kick ass ... I'll be there. Now I just need to sell some extra stuff to get some cash ...

Also ... any women wanna share a room?

88GTNeverfinished

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 110
Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2003 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTNeverfinishedSend a Private Message to 88GTNeverfinishedDirect Link to This Post
I'm gonna have to pass on that one.

10 hour drive and the show's in a parking garage.

Scorching or not, if I'm going to a show, I want sun. Especially if I make that kind of committment.

I wish you the best. I hope you get a good turn out.

Hopefully next year there will be something a little closer to home, and outdoors.

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2003 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88GTNeverfinished:

I'm gonna have to pass on that one.

10 hour drive and the show's in a parking garage.

Scorching or not, if I'm going to a show, I want sun. Especially if I make that kind of committment.

I wish you the best. I hope you get a good turn out.

Hopefully next year there will be something a little closer to home, and outdoors.

Well, this show IS meant for the people that are in fact interested in the Fiero world, and don't just have the vehicle because it's cheap on gas, and small to zigzag in and out of traffic. So I'm sorry that this show doesn't fit your hobby.

For the rest of us that are actually into Fiero's for a hobby, we will have a blast! thanks for the wishes!

------------------
Participate in the 2003 Fiero VegasFest. For preregistration information, visit " TARGET=_blank rel="nofollow">http://marina.mfarris.com/fieroprereg

Wheels1

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2003 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Wheels1Click Here to visit Wheels1's HomePageSend a Private Message to Wheels1Direct Link to This Post
We'll be there.... 10hr drive..Ha... Try 23hrs... & thats not going to stop us from going to vegas.

The Strip Plus Fieros... I'm There!!!

Thanks, Chris.

------------------

88 Formula
WTB White 88 Formula t-tops w/5spd, pw,pl,cc,a/c,tan int.

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2003 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
We'll be there with at least one car... possibly two if Rie can get her paint job in time!

I have a question about the judging. Is there going to be a panel of judges or are the participants doing the voting?

------------------

88GTNeverfinished

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 110
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2003 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTNeverfinishedSend a Private Message to 88GTNeverfinishedDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FordsNeverDie:

Well, this show IS meant for the people that are in fact interested in the Fiero world, and don't just have the vehicle because it's cheap on gas, and small to zigzag in and out of traffic. So I'm sorry that this show doesn't fit your hobby.

Yes, I have it for fuel economy and traffic navigation. Those are my primary goals for Fiero ownership. It fills those needs so much better than, hmm, lets say a neon or a saturn.

Sorry if I'm not into a 20hour round trip for a show in a parking garage. I wished it well, just said it wasn't for me.

You got a free bump out of my post, so STFU.

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2003 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Personally, I am glad the actual show is going to be under shelter! I was worried about the fact that there was a show being planned in Vegas in July! Three words - TOO DAMN HOT!

As for long drives... We drive that far just for regular club meets. For big shows we have been known to drive for days!

fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2003 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88GTNeverfinished:
Sorry if I'm not into a 20hour round trip for a show in a parking garage. I wished it well, just said it wasn't for me.

We are sorry about the parking garage, but we're just picking up the pieces with this event. The hotel and dates had already been picked, so we're just going with what we've got. We'll make the best of it.

Hey, you live in Oakland...are we going to see you at one of our (Golden Gate) meetings or events?

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2003 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

We'll be there with at least one car... possibly two if Rie can get her paint job in time!

I have a question about the judging. Is there going to be a panel of judges or are the participants doing the voting?

As far as I know, it is going to be participant judging!

As for everyone that I read in this post that said they plan to attend, if you have not already, PLEASE fill out the Registration form so we can keep track of who is attending, so if we need to make last minute adjustments, we can!

------------------
Participate in the 2003 Fiero VegasFest. For preregistration information, visit " TARGET=_blank rel="nofollow">http://marina.mfarris.com/fieroprereg

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2003 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
Hey, Charles, we decided on participant judging. At this point, it would be a logistical problem to try to get a panel of judges together. We'll have a judging marshall that will resolve conflicts.
PFF
System Bot
FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2003 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post
That will work John.. If it boils down to it, and you want an outsider for the marshal, I'm there! Anywayz, as of today, the count is upto 14 confirmed cars, with the furthest so far being Kansas.

------------------

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2003 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

That will work John.. If it boils down to it, and you want an outsider for the marshal, I'm there! Anywayz, as of today, the count is upto 14 confirmed cars, with the furthest so far being Kansas.

Wow, cool. I guess this won't be a west coast only show afterall?

Fiero31337

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2003 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero31337Send a Private Message to Fiero31337Direct Link to This Post
I'll be in Vegas that weekend. Maybe I'll stop by. I'm going to the defcon convention (www.defcon.org). Is anybody else planning on attending? It'd be cool to see another Fiero in the defcon cannonball run (http://moloch.org/cannonball/).

GoldenGate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2003 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GoldenGateClick Here to visit GoldenGate's HomePageSend a Private Message to GoldenGateDirect Link to This Post
bump
spddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2003 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spddyClick Here to visit spddy's HomePageSend a Private Message to spddyDirect Link to This Post
Whats the word on caravans?
Any one leaving on Fri Noonish?
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2003 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spddy:

Whats the word on caravans?
Any one leaving on Fri Noonish?

But then you might miss the Friday evening stuff!

spddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2003 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spddyClick Here to visit spddy's HomePageSend a Private Message to spddyDirect Link to This Post
Yes but sadly I have to work part of that friday
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2003 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spddy:

Yes but sadly I have to work part of that friday

Man, that ain't right. Maybe we'll kidnap you with a posse of Fieros.

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2003 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post
As far as I know John T., we are all leaving here on Thursday afternoonish.. like John S. said, we may just have to kidnap you! ha ha ha. BTW.. You want pics of your car the way it is now!? I'll take some and send them to you, whenever it comes back.. I think the guy down the street at the carwash is having fun doing doughnuts with it now! ha ha ha.. .just kidding! It's RAD!

We are upto 15 confirmed on the show now, with the latest contestant being a yound lady from central cali.

------------------

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2003 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
Mary and I sent out 192 fliers this morning. Most people in California should have them by Saturday, I would guess. This included names from the mailing lists of Fieros West, Fieros of San Diego, the Sacramento club, last year's WestFest list and a few from my club (Golden Gate Fieros). I didn't mail to everyone in our club, because I maintain the email list and 99% of us have email and check it regularly.
PFF
System Bot
FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2003 04:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post
Well, the list has grown twice this morning. About 9am, we were at 15 confirmed. I check my email about an hour ago, and the latest confirmed is a young lady from California. That makes the list at 16 confirmed cars. I know there was someone that walked into WCF today, and was asking information about it. Where to register, etc., and Chris knows of some people that are going to come to Vegas after the MI show, on their way home, so who knows how many unconfirmed we will have.

------------------

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2003 04:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
I talked to the hotel today, and they are up to 25 reservations, that's up from 20 when I was there last Thursday.
GoldenGate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2003 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GoldenGateClick Here to visit GoldenGate's HomePageSend a Private Message to GoldenGateDirect Link to This Post
bump
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2003 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Just made my reservations at the hotel. When I told them that I was with the Fiero show the guy said "That's popular lately!"

Someone mentioned in another thread that the Sun-Thurs rate was now $35 instead of $49. Not according to the hotel. Not sure where that info came from but I tried and they said no.

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 06-27-2003).]

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2003 03:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

I talked to the hotel today, and they are up to 25 reservations, that's up from 20 when I was there last Thursday.

This was at like 13 or 15 or something when you went, right!? I didn't think it was upto 20.

------------------

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2003 03:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

FordsNeverDie

952 posts
Member since May 2003

Just made my reservations at the hotel. When I told them that I was with the Fiero show the guy said "That's popular lately!"

Someone mentioned in another thread that the Sun-Thurs rate was now $35 instead of $49. Not according to the hotel. Not sure where that info came from but I tried and they said no.

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 06-27-2003).]

Pretty popular lately, huh!? That's kewl! At least we know we are getting there.

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2003 03:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

FordsNeverDie

952 posts
Member since May 2003
We are now at 17 confirmed, with the latest entry being a young man from Nevada.

It seems to be going up at an average of about 1 1/4 people registering their cars everyday.

As I said before, PLEASE if you plan on attending, and have not registered your car, no matter if you have told us verbally or not, please make sure you fill out the form. This DOES include *all* you WCF guys as well. I know I have gotten I think 3 from the WCF gang, and you should know who you are - I don't remember all (Tes & Craig I know of). Please please please make sure that you fill out the form.

Also John, I saw your fax that you sent over here today, and I am going to update the website with all that information this weekend. There was a lot of good stuff on there. Is there a way that you can email that too me so I don't have to type all that into the website by hand!?

I have also gotten some emails from people saying that they can't access the Registration server. The ratio to this, according to the server logs is like 1 in every 50th person that visits the website. It is working, and I make sure of it everyday. I will post an alternative way of trying the server below, just in case some of you are on some picky DNS servers.

Until tomorrow's count... Me!

Try http://207.182.231.85/fieroprereg as an alternative to the registration server if you have problems!

[This message has been edited by FordsNeverDie (edited 06-27-2003).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2003 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Also John, I saw your fax that you sent over here today, and I am going to update the website with all that information this weekend. There was a lot of good stuff on there. Is there a way that you can email that too me so I don't have to type all that into the website by hand!?

Charles, I'm on the east coast until late Monday night. I'll try to send you something on Tuesday. I don't have access to the data until then.

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2003 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post
We are upto 18 confirmed, now!

------------------
Participate in the 2003 Fiero VegasFest. For registration information, visit http://marina.mfarris.com/fieroprereg

GoldenGate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2003 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GoldenGateClick Here to visit GoldenGate's HomePageSend a Private Message to GoldenGateDirect Link to This Post
bump
PFF
System Bot
I'm Back

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2003 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for I'm BackSend a Private Message to I'm BackDirect Link to This Post
It's cool that the West Coast gets an event. Usually they're back East
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2003 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
We hope to keep them coming.
I'm Back

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2003 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for I'm BackSend a Private Message to I'm BackDirect Link to This Post
Hey, (off topic a little) we should get a thrashed Fiero, cut the top off, and talk Skydive AZ into letting us throw it into the Skyvan and push it out the back w/2 people in it. Whatcha think?

(On topic)
That sounds good, I should have my stock Fiero running again this week. Like you, I'm doing a N*, but I can build it up on the craddle until I'm ready for swap-over.

GoldenGate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2003 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GoldenGateClick Here to visit GoldenGate's HomePageSend a Private Message to GoldenGateDirect Link to This Post
bump
FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2003 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post
Well everyone, we are really on a roll now. We have 21 cars preregistered for the event! Anywhere from a couple stock 4cyl, to a couple highly modded 88's.

Hopefully, we can keep them rolling in!

BTW: Nice modifications there Sideris.. That full tank of gas should *make* you go into the modified class!

Again, for those of you that are having probelms with the website, try http://207.182.231.85/fieroprereg

------------------
Participate in the 2003 Fiero VegasFest. For registration information, visit http://marina.mfarris.com/fieroprereg

Bosuch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2003 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BosuchClick Here to visit Bosuch's HomePageSend a Private Message to BosuchDirect Link to This Post

That was me... Go to their website (www.imperialpalace.com), as soon as you hit the first page a pop-up appears with that rate on it. Plus, I was there this week; I had a suite over the weekend but I did get the $35 rate during the week...

Bill

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2003 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post
If you guys call the hotel to have see if they will change the rate or not, please post it! I would defiately love to know if they match their price or not.

As I said last nite, there have been 21 people that have filled out the registration form for the show. I know that FieroBear had made up some fliers that he sent out to people, and I haven't the slightest idea of how many. I know that Fiero Phil's son was here on Sunday, and he said that he received one of them in the mail, and hasn't had a chance to fill it out yet. I guess those were mailed out to everyone that attended the "WestFest" earlier this year, or last year or whenever that event was. So some of you may possibly get one in the mail even though you already filled out one of the forms online. Just disregard it if you do.

Do you have a count John on how many of those you mailed out, and I don't remember what address you said they were returned to; Yours, correct!?

------------------

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2003 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Do you have a count John on how many of those you mailed out, and I don't remember what address you said they were returned to; Yours, correct!?

192. I sent them to the rosters of the Sacramento club, Los Angeles, San Diego and the WestFest list. I didn't send them to my club's members, because our email list is pretty good.

I was out of town from Thursday until last night. My wife said that we haven't gotten any returned yet.

[This message has been edited by fierobear (edited 07-01-2003).]

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2003 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Just got off the phone with the hotel...

Since we are under a block room rate, we can't take advantage of the special. If we want to book outside the block room rate to get the $35 Thursday, the Friday and Saturday would then cost us $99. Guess that extra $15 is not so bad...

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock