Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  FIERO GOD OF FIRE STRIKETH AGAIN (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
FIERO GOD OF FIRE STRIKETH AGAIN by GTDude
Started on: 06-30-2004 09:33 AM
Replies: 100
Last post by: 84Bill on 07-18-2004 06:41 PM
GTDude

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 287
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTDudeDirect Link to This Post
Yeppers......caught on fire when I was trying to get it to run. Prob just a module......but who will ever know. I broke my #1 rule. Fire extiguishers in all Fieros. Parts are for sale. Interior ok except the top of the seats. CAN'T A GUY GET A BREAK?

Phil

------------------
86 GT TTops, 3.4 Auto.....bought from Doug of Fiero Warehouse

GM auto tech for 27 years. Specializing in electrical and computer problems. I will never be able to return as an auto tech again. I get EXTREME satisfaction helping others and will go to Extreme levels to help you if you need help. I have LOTS of free time on my hands. This forum and the help I give, allow me to have a purposeful life. Bring on the problems......LOL.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
What's that make it...4? Phil you should be banned from ever coming close to a fiero again. Can you figure out what caused the fire? Could parking it on tall grass have something to do with it? You have the worst luck when it comes to our cars.
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
ug....how many is that? I think thats the third since I've been a member....
anyways - rims & drivers side window if your partin this one out...
skitime

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 332
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post
Damn a yellow 88 GT too. Maybe you should take up an interest in VW Jettas to save Fieros. Sorry for your lack of luck.

------------------

Red 88 GT T-Top 3800 INTERCOOLED SUPERCHARGED
White 88 GT Stock
Please give me a rating if you appreciate my contribution.
History of Skitimes Car

Paul Prince

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 110
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Paul PrinceSend a Private Message to Paul PrinceDirect Link to This Post
Are you sure someone isn't out to get you?
James Bond 007

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Direct Link to This Post
Is this fire number 1 or number 4?
rodmcneill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rodmcneillSend a Private Message to rodmcneillDirect Link to This Post
O.M.G. I can't believe it happened again. Sorry to hear about that.
Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

ug....how many is that? I think thats the third since I've been a member....
anyways - rims & drivers side window if your partin this one out...

AWE MAN! I was gonna call rims.

------------------

Fierokid87

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierokid87Send a Private Message to Fierokid87Direct Link to This Post

Fierokid87

4954 posts
Member since Jan 2001

Originally posted by skitime:

Damn a yellow 88 GT too. Maybe you should take up an interest in VW Jettas to save Fieros. Sorry for your lack of luck.

Hey Dave I thought you knew 88 GT's better then that. Look at his strut towers, I dont see the strut towers with the round 88 strut plates. That Fiero was a pre-88

[This message has been edited by Fierokid87 (edited 06-30-2004).]

Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierokid87:

AWE MAN! I was gonna call rims.

lol - I'm kinda tight on cash, so unless he's dumping them dirt cheap, I'm sure you'll have yer shot

Dragon1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dragon1Send a Private Message to Dragon1Direct Link to This Post
Insurance company is going to cancel you pretty soon......

Dragon1/Brian

PFF
System Bot
Kento

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dragon1:

Insurance company is going to cancel you pretty soon......

Dragon1/Brian

Or put in a Fire Exclusion in the policy!

was that the one you were trying to sell??? hmmmm, thinking of using Steel lines for my enging swaps now.

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to hear about the car - but seriously... what does your insurance company say about this?
Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedDirect Link to This Post
Im pretty sure thats 5 Fiero's and a house. I could be wrong.
Honestly, Phil, I hate to say it but I think its time to get out of Fiero's.
2-tone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2-toneSend a Private Message to 2-toneDirect Link to This Post
I'm looking for the 120 cluster and gauge pod. how much?
shop_rat45

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shop_rat45Send a Private Message to shop_rat45Direct Link to This Post
Maybe you should take the fire out of your sig. It's giving you bad luck. Sorry to see such a nice car ruined by fire. This isn't helping our image!!

Kris

GTDude

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 287
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTDudeDirect Link to This Post
This is #5. #2 with this insurance co. The other one cancelled me.......duh! This was TOTALLY my fault. I was checking for fuel, since the car had no spark either and I arced the jumper cables. WHOOSH!

Everything is for sale. To help me keep track of things, email me at skyhawk@moonstar.com

Everything on the dash is ok.....has an upgraded radio and 120mph cluster, pm, pw, pdl.

Front facia has a tear in the middle.....looks like it was cut for some reason.

Thanks for your support guyz and I'm seriously gonna mount 2 fire extingishers in the rear trunk area. I had one for the yellow car, but it must have been a cheap one cause it had discharged.

I hope none of you EVER have to watch your car go up in flames. It is a HORRIBLE thing to watch, especially after all the hours I spent painting this car..........

Phil

------------------
86 GT TTops, 3.4 Auto.....bought from Doug of Fiero Warehouse

GM auto tech for 27 years. Specializing in electrical and computer problems. I will never be able to return as an auto tech again. I get EXTREME satisfaction helping others and will go to Extreme levels to help you if you need help. I have LOTS of free time on my hands. This forum and the help I give, allow me to have a purposeful life. Bring on the problems......LOL.

revin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Phil,
You MUST add a flame scoop in the front hood to apeas the fire gods! worked for mine

------------------

98 3800SC GTP motor,3.4 pulley, Getrag 5sp.
custom hood, trunk, side scoops, IRM front spoiler, 17" excel's , dk.Shadow Grey

Gordo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GordoSend a Private Message to GordoDirect Link to This Post
That's too bad...

I gave you a "+" rating just so your day shouldn't be a total loss.

------------------

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GTDude:

Thanks for your support guyz and I'm seriously gonna mount 2 fire extingishers in the rear trunk area. I had one for the yellow car, but it must have been a cheap one cause it had discharged.

Maybe you should even consider an engine-bay fire supression system (large extinguisher bottle with nozzles mounted in the engine bay. Fire starts, you pull the cord, fire is put out!

Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 271
User Banned

Report this Post06-30-2004 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post
You can't be serious, time you go to the psychic and have her give you a bath to purify you of this curse.
PFF
System Bot
m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by m0sh_man (edited 07-04-2004).]

sqoach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post
I don't really know what to say. This is just ridiculous.

[This message has been edited by sqoach (edited 06-30-2004).]

topcat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
Wow! Sorry to hear that it has happend again... In any event, I wold like to be placed in line for the wheels.

$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
sorry for your bad luck, looks like y a relly cant get a frickn break huh
exc911ence

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exc911enceSend a Private Message to exc911enceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by m0sh_man:

man, honestly phil, i can say that 100% i think your sitting them on fire....... seems you needed cash for a engine transplant in your 86GT t-top.... this one up in smoke....... insurance money....... hmmm they add up.

matthew

What's the book value on an 86 Fiero GT anyway? I doubt it's high enough to make "insure and burn" worthwhile.

------------------
Still plays with cars!

m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exc911ence:

What's the book value on an 86 Fiero GT anyway? I doubt it's high enough to make "insure and burn" worthwhile.

[This message has been edited by m0sh_man (edited 07-04-2004).]

exc911ence

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exc911enceSend a Private Message to exc911enceDirect Link to This Post
Interesting. When I insured mine, I paid taxes on $2K Canadian as that's what the value was in their eyes. After Speedy Muffler dropped the car off of their hoist 3 days later (!!!) and the skirts/fender got crunched up, there was talk of writing the car off as the repair cost would be higher than the value of the car. They settled on using 'used' parts from a wrecker to fix the car. Scary thinking that your car could be written off for minor cosmetic damage!

------------------
Still plays with cars!

oneblack85gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for oneblack85gtSend a Private Message to oneblack85gtDirect Link to This Post
my dad and i honestly think that the reason fieros ever do really go up in flames, is cuz of the crappy insulation back there. like he was sayin, when some oil leaks here or there, and gets int hat insulation it just stays there. so...when somethin finally goes really wrong...poof. anyway, sorry to ehar that man
Hairy_Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
User Banned

Report this Post06-30-2004 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hairy_FieroSend a Private Message to Hairy_FieroDirect Link to This Post
Street&Strip Performance

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Street&Strip PerformanceSend a Private Message to Street&Strip PerformanceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exc911ence:

Interesting. When I insured mine, I paid taxes on $2K Canadian as that's what the value was in their eyes. After Speedy Muffler dropped the car off of their hoist 3 days later (!!!) and the skirts/fender got crunched up, there was talk of writing the car off as the repair cost would be higher than the value of the car. They settled on using 'used' parts from a wrecker to fix the car. Scary thinking that your car could be written off for minor cosmetic damage!

The Canadian Black Book value is lower than the US Kelley Blue Book value on our cars. My insurance company used the US Blue Book value on the repairs for my car when it was recovered after it had been stolen after I fought them on saying they were going to write it off.

PFF
System Bot
MRJ

Feedback score:    (36)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MRJClick Here to visit MRJ's HomePageSend a Private Message to MRJDirect Link to This Post
Um Phil? That's just not nice!

Can I get the plenium back at least! I'd like to have a part or two for memory sake. Ghees!!!
Matt J

------------------
MRJ
My Black 87GT For Sale

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
What do you want for the tail lights?
topcat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
What is it that burns so hot that the fire can get out of control so fast? I know fuel will burn, but if with in distance to a water source, you should be able to get it out before such extensive damage.... ask me how I know.

I started a fuel fire in my engine compartment years ago. The car was a Chevy Monza, and it had a bad starter solenoid, The fuel pump also leaked... but only when cold. I lived in Turkey at the time so parts were hard to come by. I started the car each morning by shorting the starter solenoid... which was right under the fuel pump. Long story short, a spark caught some fuel one morning, and poof... I lived in an apartment where there was no outside water bib. I saw a gallon of sun-tea sitting nearby, ran to it, and dumped the contents of the jug on the fire. The fire was big, but I was able to get it out before it even melted a wire.

So I wonder what is it in the back of the Fiero that is burning so hot. The fiberglass insulation may have oil in it, but fiberglass is naturally fire resistant, and would have to get mighty hot to go up real fast.

Anyone?

[This message has been edited by topcat (edited 06-30-2004).]

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
So how many cars did you burn to the ground at work in your 27 years of GM Electrical and computer work? You are not doing something right with Fiero's, thats for sure.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
For the good of the Fiero community please start driving Fords
Does this guy live next door?
zMacK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 79
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zMacKSend a Private Message to zMacKDirect Link to This Post
Thats a fifth to burn on you?!?!
You have like 90% of the fiero fires since this forum started! lol

Good luck.... You for sure need it!

Phil86SE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Phil86SESend a Private Message to Phil86SEDirect Link to This Post
I'll take the d-side front fender...

-Phil

------------------

"Wanna join a...punk band....shave your head and get a tattoo. Don't need intelligence just attitude!"

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post
I would like the sail panels.
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

I would like the sail panels.

would that be as stupid as me asking how much for the fastback clip?

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock