3800 swap harnesses by FIEROFLYER
Started on: 11-17-2007 09:49 AM
Replies: 194 (24578 views)
Last post by: FIEROFLYER on 09-11-2021 12:10 PM
85SEJAX

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2009 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEJAXSend a Private Message to 85SEJAXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobie1:

I am really sorry to have to do this to anyone but , Caution to anyone thinking of dealling with Dan Mcllmoyle "FIEROFLYER"
I sent him $550 dollars along with my 3800 wiring harness and computer over 4 months ago. He told me it would be a couple weeks to do the new harness up and reprogram the computer.
He has moved will not answer emails and the phone number he gave me is disconneted. This amounts ot fraud over $1000 dollars in Canada

Although Dan told you a couple of weeks and you still have not recieved anything I wouldn't get too upset just yet. He told me the same thing back in January. I didn't get it until late april but I did get it. He does not communicate very well or give status updates and I know that he just moved as well. He was extremely backed up with orders due to people just sending him harnesses and money orders without even talking to him first. Try getting ahold of him on (I think this is it) gtfieros.com you might get better results.
IP: Logged
Bfisher31286

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2009 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bfisher31286Send a Private Message to Bfisher31286Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are two resistors wired into the stock harness (one a few feet from PCM connection, the other near the ICM). Do either of these have to be kept?
FastFieros

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2009 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those are not resistors.. Some of the stock 3800 harness had diodes to prevent noise feedback ( spikes ) to the PCM. They are in the AC comp circuit. You also might be confusing a splice pack with a resistor. There are ground splice packs, pink wire switched 12 volt, and 5 volt reference.

http://www.fastfieros.com still doing wiring too..
Bfisher31286

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2009 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bfisher31286Send a Private Message to Bfisher31286Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ya I think your right about the splice packs. They are both located on ground circuits. I guess I will just chop them out and free up those last few tangled wires.
CC Rider

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2013 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great Post!

Thanks much!
The_potatoking

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2013 03:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The_potatokingSend a Private Message to The_potatokingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey fieroflyer. Just checking on my harness. It's been 7 dad since it was supposed to be ready. I've been pming you. Getting a little worried. My number is 9094358206
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2013 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by The_potatoking:

Hey fieroflyer. Just checking on my harness. It's been 7 dad since it was supposed to be ready. I've been pming you. Getting a little worried. My number is 9094358206

Seeing as you have posted in here as well I will reply in here as well your package has now been sent out twice and came back at my expense for both ways both times. It will go back out again this week and hopefully the address you have given me works this time as it is getting quite expensive on shipping with it now being well over $160 so far at my end. Dan
djlamp14

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2014 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for djlamp14Send a Private Message to djlamp14Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is done with the abs connector wires? There are two red 8 or 10 awg wires and 13 or so small wires in the other part of the connector. I seemed to have missed this in the guide above.
http://s155.photobucket.com...0123_174334.jpg.html
FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2014 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The ABS wiring with its connectors gets removed on the Fiero swap including wires for traction control going to the PCM.
All 3800 EVAP sensors can also be removed as well and just feed the Fiero charcoal canister with a vacuum source off the engine.
Wiring for the oil level sensor can also be removed unless you plan to add in an extra warning light for that.
djlamp14

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2014 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for djlamp14Send a Private Message to djlamp14Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As you can see it has wires going to a body connector. Some of these wires I've traced to cruise control. How will this part of the harness be adapted to the fiero

In this picture you can see the additional connector I'm talking about
http://i155.photobucket.com.../20140123_183300.jpg

[This message has been edited by djlamp14 (edited 01-23-2014).]

FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2014 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That extra connector has wiring for the ABS wheel sensors and such going through it as well as other wiring that is not needed. Nothing to do with the ABS or traction control is used when swapping the 3800 engine into the Fiero. Just remove all wiring for these two systems completely.
PFF
System Bot
FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2014 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FIEROFLYER

3974 posts
Member since Oct 2002
For the electronic cruise control control only wire from the PCM you need to use is the VSS out put every thing else gets connected to the column switch through the old Fiero wiring and the wire that the PCM controlled the cruise with gets grounded.
PRFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2014 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PRFieroSend a Private Message to PRFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dan,

This is Pedro R. I have tried to contact you regarding the hardness I sent you to get either modify for a auto or just simply swapped for an auto. I have sent you a few emails asking you status on it, but I have not heard back from you. More than 15 days have gone by since you told me that it was ready and that you just needed confirmation of my address. Since then I have not heard back from you. I just need to know if it was mailed or not. If you are having any issues with it, let me know, but keep me in the loop.

Thanking you in advance for your prompt response.

Pedro Roman.
FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2014 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The couple year old manual harness you had purchased that I was nice enough to take back and exchange for an auto one at my expense was shipped quite a while ago. So lets see I am out shipping plus the cost of an 04 PCM that was very hard to come by this time of year and my gas and time looking for one and you are,,, you know what forget it not going to go there and no longer going to do this kind of favours any more.
PRFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2014 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PRFieroSend a Private Message to PRFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dan,
Don't get so upset if I had to post here to get you to answer a simple email, but I had to due something about your careless lack of response. If you had any extra expenses I told you to let me know about them. All I asked from you was to keep me on the loop, to call me or simply send me a message. I strongly recommend that you reconsider the way you communicate with people, specially when we have to put out a great amount of money and trust that one day we receive the service we requested from some unknown, unreachable, and untraceable person behind an email account, and to make it ever worse, from a different country. I FINALLY received the hardness and although I have noticed that it needs a few modifications to say the least, I am thankful for swapping it for me. At least I will not be starting from scratch. I think you said it best when you insinuated saying "let not go there".
FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
See my point is simple this is a topic to help people make their own harnesses not to whine I did this to help not unlike taking an old harness as trade and you were informed that I was having trouble finding an 04 PCM for your harness so any time not spent answering you I was at many different wreckers searching when I could have been doing other things and as for your harness it is built as you requested so your little insult suggests which is kind of funny as it means if the harness is not what you wanted then you gave me the wrong info now time to grow up and let this stay as a topic to help others not whine about your own problems so let it go you got your harness with every thing and it did not cost you so where is the problem. The time I spent searching through snow banks at wreckers could easily been spent on other peoples parts but instead I did yours instead now that was my mistake. So like I said let it go.
djlamp14

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2014 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for djlamp14Send a Private Message to djlamp14Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
can someone post a few close ups of the c203 connector. I'm working on an auto 3800sc swap into my manual 2.8 fiero. I found the c500, but unclear what one is the c203.

Do we need to do anything the large connector that goes into the firewall from the fuel pump?
dcarrd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2014 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dcarrdSend a Private Message to dcarrdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I have one of your harnesses Dan(PO installed) but he removed everything to do with the AC(compressor, relay, hoses, condenser, evap, collector). Now Im looking to add the AC back with a 3800 compressor but there are no wires coming from the harness that I can see. Any help would be appreciated.
edfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2014 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for edfieroSend a Private Message to edfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, explain this to a total newb on engine swaps. If I were to take an ENGINE, a WIRING HARNESS and an ECU out of a Bonneville, or Grand Prix, why is all this extra work required?
I'm thinking there a few things that simply wouldn't go anywhere... like ABS.
A couple of new connectionswhich would obviously be different in the Fiero, like hook up to turn the electric radiator fan on.
What am I missing? Why do I need to spend a million hours redoing the harness, or paying someone 500+ bucks to do it for me?
Not trying to be a smart a$$, just don't know, what I don't know.
Thanks

Ken_86gt

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2014 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ken_86gtSend a Private Message to Ken_86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ed- where do you want to put the PCM? I suppose that you could mount it in the engine bay like the first swaps were done. Then all of the wires for start, run, tach, B+...could be spliced in the engine bay into the original Fiero harness that you cut 12" from the firewall and tape spliced. I think if you are going to take the time to do the harness you will also learn a tremendous amount about how the car works. You still will have to do custom exhaust and engine mounts. If you spent the time to make it look good everywhere else why not make the electrical look good to? Each swap is different and you can make it your own way.
Hawaiian Brian

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2014 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hawaiian BrianSend a Private Message to Hawaiian BrianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So Dan, are you still making harnesses ? I'm picking up a running 02 GTP and want to swap it into my 86 5spd Gt.

Thanks

B
PFF
System Bot
mental floss

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-11-2014 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mental flossSend a Private Message to mental flossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the thread and tutorial.
Eglaore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2014 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EglaoreSend a Private Message to EglaoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So maybe I missed it but I'm having a little trouble being sure where the 4 wires from the fuel pump relay go, and the plug from the hd gtp trans with the 2 12guage wires/ not sure where all the wires from this plug go. And one last thing, Fieroflyer you said there is one wire for cruise control that comes from the pcm that just gets grounded, do you know what pin it is? I'm using pcm and wiring harness from 98 gtp and the trans is from 98 gtp to. Thank you.

Oh, does anyone have a link to a diagram for the resistor for the speedo?

[This message has been edited by Eglaore (edited 12-20-2014).]

Eglaore

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2014 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for EglaoreSend a Private Message to EglaoreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok so I figured out the fuel pump relay. The trans plug I was talking about I think I have most the wirse figured out. the two big wires I was talking about were actually 10guage. The yellow goes to c500 I think and the purple one goes to the starter, It looks like it gets grounded on the starter. Is that correct? There is still 3 wires on that trans plug that I don't have a spot to put: Orange/blk which is pin A, Green which is pin C and Black which is pin D. I'm guessing black gets grounded but not sure. Would appreciate any feedback. Thanks
Spiders1

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2015 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Spiders1Send a Private Message to Spiders1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for sending the pieces I needed to finish up my swap Dan. Greatly appreciated.

------------------
86 GT 3.8 SC/ 5 speed Getrag swap in progress

05 Mustang GT Supercharged tuned down from
560 to 530 RWHP

92 Stealth twin turbo JDM engine swap
Upgrades in the works...turbos, injectors
and computer

FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2015 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is better to ask me questions by PM as I do not check this as often as I should, on the tranny plug pin B orange goes to the blue wire from C500 for reverse lights and pin F to the green wire from C500 reverse lights and yes black is ground for the selector switch that tells the PCM which gear is selected
Spiders1

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2015 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Spiders1Send a Private Message to Spiders1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Flyer did my harness. Fired right up, plug and play. Thanks again.

------------------
86 GT 3.8 SC/ 5 speed Getrag swap in progress

05 Mustang GT Supercharged tuned down from
560 to 530 RWHP

92 Stealth twin turbo JDM engine swap
Upgrades in the works...turbos, injectors
and computer

Adjustso3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2015 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Adjustso3Send a Private Message to Adjustso3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would just like to clear up a few things about Fieroflyer. I have been sending him emails with tons of questions and he might not get back to you right away but does within a couple days. He has been very patient with me in reguards to my newbie questions and always gives me the time of day to answer them. Some of my questions have nothing to do with what he builds. I would recommend everyone to ask him for his email address instead of sending a PM over here. It's not my place to post his email addy so I would just ask him through a PM. Once again Dan, thanks for your time and I'm looking forward to doing business with you.
Lou and Blue

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2015 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am about to send my harness to Dan. I hear he is the best. He has helped me so much so far via email. Great guy.

------------------
===Always trying to find time to work on cars===
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
Stock V6---Stock everything. Trying to keep it 'mostly' that way. But I just got the 3800sc to swap into it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Boo" <= '81 Delorean DMC-12
VIN #5835
Stock PRV engine
Peugot 604 Intake manifold
Exhaust headers
Anti-3rd brake light

Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2019 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
he has helped more people than you even know. be patient, he will get back to you. no need to Flame people
Fiero Master

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2021 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero MasterSend a Private Message to Fiero MasterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you still making 3800SC harnesses?

------------------
88 Formula

PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2021 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Master:

Are you still making 3800SC harnesses?

Are you trying to lose your money?
FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2021 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Are you trying to lose your money?

no one has ever lost money with me. maybe check facts before insulting especially on a build topic I did to help others
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2021 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIEROFLYER:

no one has ever lost money with me. maybe check facts before insulting especially on a build topic I did to help others

I meant that you haven't been on this thread in 6 years so he'd be sending money to a dead account. But take my comment however you like.

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 09-11-2021).]

FIEROFLYER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2021 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes six years ago I walked away from all the drama and crap on here asked cliff multiple times to remove me. Looks like nothing has changed and only came back on due to so many people emailing me about the continued childish crap. From what I have seen once again will ask cliff to please remove me and say good bye again.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock