Install a Fieronews headliner by Fiero Thomas
Started on: 05-26-2008 10:13 PM
Replies: 53 (8841 views)
Last post by: FieroJuice on 12-21-2015 09:09 PM
oliver9000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2013 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for oliver9000Send a Private Message to oliver9000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you! I've been very nervous about doing this project in the near future, but this helped a ton!
IP: Logged
Welsh Mt GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2013 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Welsh Mt GTSend a Private Message to Welsh Mt GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Started headliner replacement and ran into a couple problems. How do you take the lenses out of the overhead light to get to the screws? My Fiero is a GT so I have speakers in the rear panels - how do you take the cover off or get that panel out? The cover appears to go under the molding at the bottom of the door opening and I don't see how I will be able to slide the panel forward.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2013 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
on a sunroof car, can you help me with the tucking in of the material. I got a sunroof (kit) and installed it on my car. so, I don't know how the headliner was removed from the sunroof. I have the material on mine and ready to install it in my car. I have no problems with installing it except for the sunroof part.
PatrickTRoof

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2013 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great write-up! Also, where did you get the speaker mounts for the doors?
jagonza

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2013 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jagonzaSend a Private Message to jagonzaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks for this, just did mine this weekend.

one question , i redid my sunroof insert and wondered what you used on yours to replace the edging ribbon ??
Fierogtfan88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2013 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierogtfan88Send a Private Message to Fierogtfan88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a 1988 Fiero GT t-top that I am wanting to put a new headliner into. I can see the process for doing a non sunroof car is pretty simple and I can even see doing the sunroof car as not too hard...but doing a t-top car has me stumped. I know who to get the roof panel undone from all the edges...but getting it down from the center where it tucks up into the rubber seals has me confused. Does anyone have step by step instructions for replacing the headliner in a t-top car?
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2013 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierogtfan88:

I have a 1988 Fiero GT t-top that I am wanting to put a new headliner into. I can see the process for doing a non sunroof car is pretty simple and I can even see doing the sunroof car as not too hard...but doing a t-top car has me stumped. I know who to get the roof panel undone from all the edges...but getting it down from the center where it tucks up into the rubber seals has me confused. Does anyone have step by step instructions for replacing the headliner in a t-top car?

I am glad that this thread is still going. Next t-top car I do I will make a writeup pon how to do the openings on the roof. However it is just the same as the sunroof. Tuck and cut is the key.

Have a great one.

Tom

------------------
1986 Fiero GT 1984 Corvette
1992 Bonneville SSEI 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8

FieroNews

Fierogtfan88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2013 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierogtfan88Send a Private Message to Fierogtfan88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you so much Tom. The part that has me most confused is how to take the center section of the roof headliner down and then putting it back in. Do you just flip up the rubber seals and peel out the old fabric and then peel back the rubber seal once again when installing and then tuck the new fabric back under the rubber seal? Looking forward to hearing your advice.
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2013 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierogtfan88:

Thank you so much Tom. The part that has me most confused is how to take the center section of the roof headliner down and then putting it back in. Do you just flip up the rubber seals and peel out the old fabric and then peel back the rubber seal once again when installing and then tuck the new fabric back under the rubber seal? Looking forward to hearing your advice.

You got it. Pull the gaskets off and the rest is as you stated. Be careful pulling the old headliner board out as it can break real easy

------------------
1986 Fiero GT 1984 Corvette
1992 Bonneville SSEI 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8

FieroNews

Fierogtfan88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2013 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierogtfan88Send a Private Message to Fierogtfan88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tom, next time you redo a t-top headliner, please shoot some pictures for me that reference the center section of the t-top. I have heard from some people to just lift up the edge of the rubber t-top molding that the glass panel sits on and then some people are saying to take the entire rubber molding off of the car. I really don't want to remove the rubber molding and risk tearing it or messing it up. I was hoping I could just lift of the edge of it and and remove and re install the headliner that way. So if you can post some pictures on here on how to get around the rubber molding that the glass panels sit on, that would really help me out. Thanks so much.
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2013 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The molding just lifts right off. I will take photos next time to help out.

Tom
PFF
System Bot
Fierogtfan88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2013 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierogtfan88Send a Private Message to Fierogtfan88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks so much Tom. Looking forward to seeing your pictures when you get a chance to do another t-top.
jc8367

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2014 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jc8367Send a Private Message to jc8367Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I too am interested in changing the headliner on my 88 T-Top. Its not in terrible shape just a few little cuts here or there with some unclean-able spots. I plan to remove the side panels to replace the speakers anyway so I might as well knock out both. Can't wait to see the pics
FieroJuice

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2015 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJuiceSend a Private Message to FieroJuiceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got one of those lame aftermarket sunroofs (just pops up & not removable), so on my Fiero-Do list is to hopefully swap it out for a factory sunroof top half, when means I'll be glad that you posted these helpful thread one day down the line as I install a black headliner.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock