Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  The Addams Family's living room was pink (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The Addams Family's living room was pink by MidEngineManiac
Started on: 11-29-2013 04:28 AM
Replies: 61 (1258 views)
Last post by: Hulk on 01-12-2014 03:28 PM
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post11-29-2013 04:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2013 04:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dear lord!

I'll take the black and white.

I don't remember no turtle!
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2013 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And they had no ceilings, who would have thought.

I'm with Pokey, I'll take the black and white. The colors look like some Gay designed the place.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 12-01-2013).]

Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2013 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:
The colors look like some Gay designed the place.

Steve

In color, yes. But to have enough contrast to show up in black/white, strange colors are used to get the correct visual effect. Oh, crap...the photographer in me just came out. Sorry about that

[This message has been edited by Cooter (edited 12-01-2013).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2013 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cooter:

In color, yes. But to have enough contrast to show up in black/white, strange colors are used to get the correct visual effect. Oh, crap...the photographer in me just came out. Sorry about that

Geek.

Steve
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2013 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In color, yes. But to have enough contrast to show up in black/white, strange colors are used to get the correct visual effect.

Yep. I worked in TV back before the transition to color. (Yes, I'm that old.) We sometimes had to use some pretty weird tricks to make things look right in B&W. Making food in B&W commercials look appetizing was often particularly challenging. B&W film had different characteristics than B&W TV, so you couldn't always use the same techniques for both media.

In the case of the Addams Family, light reflected from the pink surroundings may have cause the actors' skin tones to look even more surreal in B&W ... or that may just have been the color they had available in the prop room the day they painted the set.

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 11-29-2013).]

tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2013 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pink room with a noose?? OMG, they were gay racists!
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2013 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tebailey:

Pink room with a noose?? OMG, they were gay racists!

Cooter

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2013 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CooterSend a Private Message to CooterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Marvin McInnis:

Yep. I worked in TV back before the transition to color. (Yes, I'm that old.)

What was life like back before they invented color? I imagine a black and white rainbow just did not have the same appeal, or your box of crayons only having 2 colors probably got boring pretty quickly...
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2013 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What was life like back before they invented color? I imagine a black and white rainbow just did not have the same appeal, or your box of crayons only having 2 colors probably got boring pretty quickly...

Hey give Marv a brake we used to drag race on rock unicycles back then.

Steve
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2013 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The colors look like some fagot designed the place.

Steve

Oh, yeah, that's not offensive or anything. Didn't you just get back from probation for something? Nice dude.
PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2013 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shut the front door! LOL no hey wait a minute, are you sure this was not from the newer series from the 90's ???? that show was in color.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2013 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:
Oh, yeah, that's not offensive or anything. Didn't you just get back from probation for something? Nice dude.

My probation had nothing to do with my language, it had to do with that NY insurance less kid and I didn't remember it was a permanent ban of posting on any post he started.

steve
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2013 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh, yeah, that's not offensive or anything.

I thought about saying something about that but I decided it would be more productive to smash a garden gnome against my head.
Fiero_Fan_88

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2013 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fan_88Send a Private Message to Fiero_Fan_88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

Shut the front door! LOL no hey wait a minute, are you sure this was not from the newer series from the 90's ???? that show was in color.

The New Addams Family walls look tan.

theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2013 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My probation had nothing to do with my language, it had to do with that NY insurance less kid and I didn't remember it was a permanent ban of posting on any post he started.

steve

Still, you're offensive. Time for you to grow up. The word 'homosexual' hasn't been acceptable in decades.
spark1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2013 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The good ol' days:

Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2013 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spark1:

The good ol' days:

The video omitted perhaps the most famous B&W test pattern of all, the Indian Head, usually generated by a dedicated device called a "monoscope":

I have spent hundreds ... if not thousands ... of hours watching the Indian Head test pattern. We would watch it for half an hour or more, accompanied by a constant 400 Hz tone, each afternoon before the first (and, for a while, only) TV station in town began its short "broadcast day." This period was also dedicated to constant fiddling with the rabbit-ears antenna, as well as endlessly adjusting the fine tuning, horizontal hold, and vertical hold controls as the whole vacuum-tube system slowly warmed up to its final operating temperature.

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 11-30-2013).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2013 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Still, you're offensive. Time for you to grow up. The word 'homosexual' hasn't been acceptable in decades.

And so are your resent avatars, but I don't complain, and your use of the N word when talking to your black friends, we all have our little problems.

Steve
Fiero_Fan_88

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2013 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fan_88Send a Private Message to Fiero_Fan_88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

And so are your resent avatars, but I don't complain, and your use of the N word when talking to your black friends, we all have our little problems.
Steve

I have since stopped using it

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/101194.html

What do you find so offensive about his Avatar?
The last one was just an eye.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2013 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero_Fan_88:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/101194.html

What do you find so offensive about his Avatar?
The last one was just an eye.

His new one looks like another gay just like his last one did, sorry my opinion and I am entitled to it, as we all are entitled to an opinion. as far as my use of the N word, it was called for in that thread. some people have thin skin, like engineers who can't take criticism of their plans that are always to complicated or don't have things in the right places, or people who are gay or all those who neg me for my opinion of religious thread or politics or race.

every one is entitled to an opinion yet some people can't accept the fact that they could be wrong.

Steve
PFF
System Bot
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2013 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

His new one looks like another gay just like his last one did, sorry my opinion and I am entitled to it, as we all are entitled to an opinion. as far as my use of the N word, it was called for in that thread. some people have thin skin, like engineers who can't take criticism of their plans that are always to complicated or don't have things in the right places, or people who are gay or all those who neg me for my opinion of religious thread or politics or race.

every one is entitled to an opinion yet some people can't accept the fact that they could be wrong.

Steve

The eyebrow one was me. Literally my face.

This is from a parody music video. I think it's hilarious, and I'm keeping it.

You are the superstar of not accepting that you're wrong. Like, right now, where you use an offensive term and are a bigot. Hey, you don't need to grow up. Live the rest of your life how you are and see how it works out for you. I'm just suggesting something that will make you a better person is all. Hey like I said, don't take my advice and see how much I care.

The funny music video my avatar is from:

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2013 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The eyebrow one was me. Literally my face.

This is from a parody music video. I think it's hilarious, and I'm keeping it.

You are the superstar of not accepting that you're wrong. Like, right now, where you use an offensive term and are a bigot. Hey, you don't need to grow up. Live the rest of your life how you are and see how it works out for you. I'm just suggesting something that will make you a better person is all. Hey like I said, don't take my advice and see how much I care.

The funny music video my avatar is from:

Typical of an engineers life, I can never be wrong, I am an engineer and have an education therefor you are wrong.

It is my opinion like it or not an opinion can never be wrong, it is an opinion.

Steve
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2013 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Typical of an engineers life, I can never be wrong, I am an engineer and have an education therefor you are wrong.

It is my opinion like it or not an opinion can never be wrong, it is an opinion.

Steve

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2013 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I always had an idea you swung that way.

no wonder you got so upset about that word, that explains a lot, well now that you have come out of the closet.

Steve
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2013 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I always had an idea you swung that way.

no wonder you got so upset about that word, that explains a lot, well now that you have come out of the closet.

Steve

Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2013 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

When we ban the use of words, we just make them more powerful. I say use it as well as the one that starts with N that gets auto-changed here on the forum. I don't like either word but I like the power they posess even less.

Jonathan

NoMoreRicers

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2013 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NoMoreRicersSend a Private Message to NoMoreRicersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2013 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A tourist walked into a pet shop and was looking at the animals on display. While he was there, another customer walked in and said to the shopkeeper, "I'll have an AutoCAD monkey please." The shopkeeper nodded, went over to a cage at the side of the shop and took out a monkey. He fitted a collar and leash, handed it to the customer, saying, "That'll be $5000." The customer paid and walked out with his monkey. Startled, the tourist went over to the shopkeeper and said, "That was a very expensive monkey. Most of them are only few hundred dollars. Why did that one cost so much?" The Shopkeeper answered, "Ah, that monkey can draw in AutoCAD - very fast, clear layouts, no mistakes, well worth the money."

The tourist looked at a monkey in another cage. "That one's even more expensive! $10,000! What does it do?" "Oh, that one's a Design monkey; it can design systems, layout projects, mark-up drawings, write specifications, some even calculate. All the really useful stuff," said the shopkeeper.

The tourist looked around for a little longer and saw a third monkey in its own cage. The price tag around its neck read $50,000. He gasped to the shopkeeper, "That one costs more than all the others put together! What on earth does it do?"

The shopkeeper replied, "Well, I haven't actually seen it do anything, but it says it's a Welding Inspector.
NoMoreRicers

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2013 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NoMoreRicersSend a Private Message to NoMoreRicersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2013 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

... some people can't accept the fact that they could be wrong.

Quoted for monumental irony.
PFF
System Bot
tebailey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2013 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tebaileySend a Private Message to tebaileyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Being a mechanic, I have to fix the engineers mistakes. Every now and then I do get one that listens, and things get changed. The bad ones are the ones that don't listen to feed back from the field. Hence government mandated recalls. You have to realize that just because it works on paper it doesn't always work in the field. And what does any of this have to do with the Adams family set???

[This message has been edited by tebailey (edited 11-30-2013).]

theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2013 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

When we ban the use of words, we just make them more powerful. I say use it as well as the one that starts with N that gets auto-changed here on the forum. I don't like either word but I like the power they posess even less.

Jonathan

I'm not talking about banning words, but when words are used in a derogatory way, they hurt people. I'm just saying, not everything has to be PC, but some things are pretty easy to avoid without going out of your way.

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2013 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If this thread were sitting at an adjacent table in a restaurant I would leave without paying.
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2013 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey give Marv a brake...

I'm afraid he'd do a face plant.
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2013 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

I'm afraid he'd do a face plant.

It wouldn't be my first ... or last.
Fats

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2013 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FatsSend a Private Message to FatsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tebailey:

Being a mechanic, I have to fix the engineers mistakes. Every now and then I do get one that listens, and things get changed. The bad ones are the ones that don't listen to feed back from the field. Hence government mandated recalls. You have to realize that just because it works on paper it doesn't always work in the field. And what does any of this have to do with the Adams family set???

I've always thought Engineers should have mandatory classes in how to deal with people before being given their degree, and every few years after that. So many of them seem to fail in it once in the real world. Many of them seem to be never wrong as well.

Brad
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2013 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:

I've always thought Engineers should have mandatory classes in how to deal with people before being given their degree, and every few years after that. So many of them seem to fail in it once in the real world. Many of them seem to be never wrong as well.

Brad

Although engineers have absolutely nothing to do with this thread after the last couple of postings I have to post this, yet again.

Turn your sound on and up.

http://www.hark.com/clips/j...e-hands-of-engineers

And you guys wonder just why people that actually have to build and work on the crap you design say they want to kill you or some other extreme measure because of the way something is engineered. You guys can say whatever you like to try and put the blame on someone else, when it comes down to some poor bastige who has to work on something you guys created.

I think you should all have to spend a few YEARS working on things, some other engineer designed long before you ever pick up a pencil or move a mouse. Then after that you can go on to school and earn your degree.

don't get me wrong there are many engineers who learned the right way, spent years as a mechanic, or like they like to be called now a tech or whatever. but give us a brake, we ain't all as stupid as some of you think we are.

Steve
Nazareth

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2013 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NazarethSend a Private Message to NazarethEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The colors look like some fagot designed the place.

Steve

I have a child that is gay, I find this word to be very offensive. I will ask you to remove the word (as bad as the spelling is) from your post.

Thank you.

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2013 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Nazareth:

I have a child that is gay, I find this word to be very offensive. I will ask you to remove the word (as bad as the spelling is) from your post.

Thank you.

And I have 2 gay brothers so what

But just because it offends you I will change it.

Now you and the rest who gave me a neg can change it, but they won't.

Steve

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 12-01-2013).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay