Started on: 09-02-2007 09:43 PM
Replies: 55 (1890 views)
Last post by: darkhorizon on 09-04-2007 02:07 PM
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SuperchargedV6:

Loyde took care of me and spent many hours on the phone to which I tried to compensate him when ever I needed something mailed out I tried to toss in a few extra bucks, even when he tried to say it was free.

That is Loydes biggest problem,, he is to nice to folks and spends to much of his time helping which puts him way behind I have seen some of them who blasted him after he bend over backwards but they got pretty pushy on his time. Keep up the good work Loyde. Rick

I am not trying to make this sound like a lovefest for Loyde's customer service, but I agree. He bent over backwards for me the times I dealt with him. When things were not going well with a mod I was doing several years back he spent a lot of time on the phone talking me thru it. He did not do my swap, but he took the time to talk me thru some wiring issues... I thought that was above and beyond.

IP: Logged
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FIEROFLYER:

I really don't like getting involved with posts that go bad like this one but it seems I got dragged into it.
Lloyd we have had no problems what so ever with each other or atleast not that I know of.
darkhorizon I have sat quiet for too long, for the longest time you were kissing up to me e-mailing me quite often asking for info and trying to get me to send my over flow to you. I had no problem with this although I did not appreciate seeing you trying to come off as some kind of 3800 Guru using other peoples info, because you are far from it. Your work from what I have seen is butcher work at best you take every short cut possible and brag about how fast you get things done. You are basically a parott that just repeats what ever you hear with no concern what so ever if the info is correct or not.
At this point I would reccomend you shut your mouth and stop your fingers from typing any more crap before you make any more of a fool of your self. Dan

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!

What work have I even documented here, this is loydes deal he is running his mouth about stuff I have never staked any claim to! All emails sent to you were not question emails, but mearly conversation peices, about possibly setting up a small wiring harness business. I first humbly asked if you had extra work to give me, as I had no intentions on cornering the market you were in, and in the end I decided NOT to do anything, so I therefore have done NO work for anyone ever in the history of the internet.

EVERY JOB I HAVE DONE FOR MONEY WAS NEVER POSTED IN ANY FOURM EVER. THERE IS NO POSSIBLE WAY anyone could have seen heard or looked at my "work". This video loyde is running around with is over a year and half old, from back when I did my very first swap, starting it for the first time. At that time I have one done work on stock cars with stock motors swaps, and things were obviously NOT done.

SAYING THAT YOU HAVE SEEN MY WORK AND IT WAS BAD IS PURE SLANDER AND THREATENS THE BUSINESS THAT I HAVE CURRENTLY. IF YOU PLAN ON STANDING BY THAT STATEMENT, PLEASE BACK IT UP WITH PROFOUND PROOF.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

darkhorizon

12279 posts
Member since Jan 2006

Originally posted by topcat:

In whose eyes? I do not have a dog in this fight, but it is humerous none-the-less (someone pass the popcorn ). I must say that if I were Loyde, I'd respond about the same.

IMHO, you seem to attack and discredit his worth and effort to the SC3800 Fiero community when he offers advice, yet when he ask you to show where he's damaged someone's swap, there is nothing presented. You also make it sound as if he is rampant in his incompetence.

I have never attacked or discredited anything that I have not experienced directly from loyde. I had a local fiero enthusiast with a loyde PCM and a loyde wiring harness aproch ME for help after loyde gave him the cold sholder time and time again. I was able to offer him tuning by a competent tuner, and help fixing his burnt wiring harness.

There are more than a few posts stating that loyde is NOT punctual with his wiring harness jobs, and I know that from my local fiero friend also, along with the countless posts. I dont get where loyde attacking me is turning around into me atatcking him, this thread started with NOTHING I did not post here, nor did I say anything please quote me and prove me wrong, or ask cliff to ban me for being a complete moron please.
FastFieros

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 265
Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!

What work have I even documented here, this is loydes deal he is running his mouth about stuff I have never staked any claim to! All emails sent to you were not question emails, but mearly conversation peices, about possibly setting up a small wiring harness business. I first humbly asked if you had extra work to give me, as I had no intentions on cornering the market you were in, and in the end I decided NOT to do anything, so I therefore have done NO work for anyone ever in the history of the internet.

EVERY JOB I HAVE DONE FOR MONEY WAS NEVER POSTED IN ANY FOURM EVER. THERE IS NO POSSIBLE WAY anyone could have seen heard or looked at my "work". This video loyde is running around with is over a year and half old, from back when I did my very first swap, starting it for the first time. At that time I have one done work on stock cars with stock motors swaps, and things were obviously NOT done.

SAYING THAT YOU HAVE SEEN MY WORK AND IT WAS BAD IS PURE SLANDER AND THREATENS THE BUSINESS THAT I HAVE CURRENTLY. IF YOU PLAN ON STANDING BY THAT STATEMENT, PLEASE BACK IT UP WITH PROFOUND PROOF.

Loyde
FastFieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FastFieros

2698 posts
Member since Nov 2000

I have never attacked or discredited anything that I have not experienced directly from loyde. I had a local fiero enthusiast with a loyde PCM and a loyde wiring harness aproch ME for help after loyde gave him the cold sholder time and time again. I was able to offer him tuning by a competent tuner, and help fixing his burnt wiring harness.

There are more than a few posts stating that loyde is NOT punctual with his wiring harness jobs, and I know that from my local fiero friend also, along with the countless posts. I dont get where loyde attacking me is turning around into me atatcking him, this thread started with NOTHING I did not post here, nor did I say anything please quote me and prove me wrong, or ask cliff to ban me for being a complete moron please.

:/

Loyde

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no need for that, I dont edit my posts.
topcat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

THERE IS NO POSSIBLE WAY anyone could have seen heard or looked at my "work". This video loyde is running around with is over a year and half old, from back when I did my very first swap, starting it for the first time. At that time I have one done work on stock cars with stock motors swaps, and things were obviously NOT done.

Might I direct your attention to page one where Loyde asked a question:

Originally posted by FastFieros:

All talk and no proof... you were so proud in the past...
http://www.fastfieros.com/d...r/th_motorvid001.jpg

No updates to this mess?

Loyde

And your response:

nope

There is the proof. You said it yourself that the work you did a year ago remains the same.
topcat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

topcat

5486 posts
Member since Dec 2001

Not being punctual is not being incompetent, it simply means he might not get something to somene timely. I've not had that problem, but I've heard others have. There are several post where you jump in after Loyde gave advice with remarks like, do no tlisten to Loyde, he is known for ruining swaps. What swaps?

As far as quoting you questioning his competence, how about this one:

I would imagine most of the edited posts were about me in some way, mostly because I have little reason to talk up somone that is renown for his quality of work, yet I had to go over his work on all of the stuff that he sold to a local swapper (wiring harness melted and failed, and PCM not tuned correctly at ALL).

Now I have to ask the question. Did all the stuff you had to fix result from Loyde's incompetence, or might the owner wanted something after the fact and was not willing to wait for Loyde to answer his calls? As far as the PCM not being tuned at all. Where is the data to back that. Was your rescue work with just this one person this one time, or is it a repeated event. You make it sound as if it is the norm, and people come to you when they can not get Loyde to fix his screw up.

Now that is my perception of what you write in your post. remember you asked me to show/quote you.

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
who are you, and what busniess do you have commenting on a year old video that I posted as I started my first fiero project? In that video, the cradle was not bolted to the car, nor was any suspension on, and even limited body panels, so what does that video have to do with anything?
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2007 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

darkhorizon

12279 posts
Member since Jan 2006
I am really getting frustrated at this, anyone else that feels they have to pick a fight with me, please PM me for my phone number.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2007 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still looking for that proof, or retraction of that statment dan.
PFF
System Bot
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2007 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First of all you really need to get a life, secondly I have no desire nor do I feel there is a need to prove any thing to you.
Nor do I feel that doing harnesses is worth the crap of dealing with people like you. You act like some high school punk trying to prove some thing, or you are some dumb high school punk with out enough brains to shut your own mouth.
This is it for me, I will now ignore this post as well as any others your big mouth gets involved with. Dan
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2007 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For the record, i never opened my mouth, you just spewed nothing but random slander for a completely unknown reason. Any converstations we had through PM, was simple conversation, and I was ASKING you if I could try to make some harnesses. I never implied that I made a better harness, nor could I make it cheaper or faster than anyone else. I knew that I could make them after making 3 for people around town here, and I also had a few spare motors. It is IMPOSSIBLE and you confirmed it by not providing proof, that you have NOT seen my "work" nor can you say I was ever trying to act like I was superior to anyone else in this community. I never asked you any "questions" on harnesses, and you made it clear in previous posts that you did work for people purely as a hobby, and not as a busniess.

Now, I am confused when I ever said anything to provoke anything to you, because I know It was not anything in any of my PM's and I have never taken information you have ever provided, nor have I ever refrenced anything you have done in any way. I have never acted like I have had anything to prove, otherwise I would post meaningless crap about my own stuff all the time. All I have ever tried to do on this forum is discuss things that I like to discuss on this forum, and if I ended up helping other people do what I like doing, then so be it. I have never made a dime, or sold a thing on this forum, nor have I ever provided parts, services for anyone, nor have I even offered.

Now your insulting me by saying "i have no life" and dodging your previous statment by saying that i am not worth providing proof for your acusation. You obviously are the one that feels that picking on a college student trying to help people is his idea of a life. If this is true, then I am VERY GLAD I dont have a life.

I find it VERY strange that noone has yet to find proof of any of my "work" that is bad, let alone any reason for these blind accusations of being a moron.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2007 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Could it be? Could this be the first post in TD&Q heading for the Trash Can?
FastFieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2007 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastFierosClick Here to visit FastFieros's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastFierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

For the record, i never opened my mouth, you just spewed nothing but random slander for a completely unknown reason.

Scott, talk about random slander…. The shoe fits you guy..

Look at all this worthless jab at me that started this whole issue…..

Originally posted by FIEROFLYER:

Any wiring job done in two hours could be nothing but a hack job.
In my opinion any one with enough patience can do their own swap harness, just get both diagrams a good soldering iron and just do one wire at a time taking your time and running the wires where they need to go. Solder them together, use good heat shrink then wrap it all up with good electrical tape before installing the loom.
I have either by replying to e-mails or phone calls helped quite a few people do their own swap harnesses, it really is not all that hard. Dan

06-03-2007 09:16 PM quote
Originally posted by DarkHorizon:
I dont doubt you would call my quick wiring harness a hackjob, but so far both of mine have a better track record than loyde's harness that my friend got last year. He was stranded today for the ignition coil wire burning up, he never actually got back with me yet today so for all I know he might still be stranded.

I just get the job done, wrap it in spiral wire wrap, and call it good. I always use solder and shrink wrap. I have some really nice tools and methods that make the 30 or so connections go very quickly. I think the real work is knowing how to cut and shape the GTP harness to your liking in the first place, as it requres no lenthening if you do it correctly.

Originally posted by DarkHorizon:
I find it VERY strange that noone has yet to find proof of any of my "work" that is bad, let alone any reason for these blind accusations of being a moron.

Ok… I called Anthony Merrit… aka Anthony_86GT here on PFF… I decided it was time to get the exact issue of this harness and see if Scott aka DarkHorizon really had anything to do with ‘helping’ this guy out. Short answer is yes…. Long answer … NO… This really burns me now Scott. You so much as even dispute what I am about to write, Anthony will be happy to come here to PFF and back me up 100%...

I cannot believe I did not call Anthony in June when I first saw this post. I had suspected it was Anthony, but I was not really sure. One reason I suspected it was Anthony was the day Scott bragged about hacking into one of my PCM’s and committed about the code in a manual application. The story on Anthony’s wire harness is like this. I did take too long to do the harness even in my opinon, and that gave Scott is first bullet, and his only one…. What he proceeded to make out in emails to me, and postings on PFF was that the harness failed due to workmanship on my part. Then Scott says that I am blowing off my customers and not returning emails and phone calls… What happen was that when Anthony’s car died he did try to call me first and foremost. My phone was off/out of service range. That could be due to me even just welding in the back of my shop. I forget to remove my phone from my pocket and it goes out of service. I TIG weld around my phone, and it is out of service. So, Anthony tells me today the he called one time and it went to voice mail, and he did not leave a voice mail. So, zero record for me to even know there’s a problem. So what was the problem? Not workmanship… Typical wire routing/not enough heat management. I build a harness that has heat management in mind and that the END _ USER will know enough to put wire looms out of heat prone areas by using metal stays, zip ties, gray tape if you have to…… Bottom line is, the wire harness was 100%, and made it from June 2006 to sometime in May 2007 when a wire got to HOT from improper heat management on his part. It was blowing a fuse because the fuses had been changed it appears in the fuse to a lower rating than what was suppose to be there. Now here’s the great part about Scott…. He indicates he FIXED the wire harness. He has put his hands on the wire harness, personally seen the harness and knows this harness 100% is defective based on my workmanship…. ZERO…. Anthony informs me he has never personally met Scott, and only talked with him the one time on the phone. Scott referred Anthony to a guy named Tony… Well turns out this Tony is also named Anthony and goes by rObOt cOrpse here on PFF and 3800pro.com I will call rObOt cOrpse Tony for this discussion… Tony did in fact get into the PCM which I did program for what is called manual application V1… Today however, it is V2… So ok.. Tony was able to change a few things and Anthony is happy with the PCM and wiring. Maybe Tony finds my wire harness to be a sub-par workmanship and conveyed this to Scott… I have seen Tony post here on PFF and once in a while responded that he knows my PCM is adequate for making the 3800sc engine run fine. EVERYONE can have an opinion about PCM code. That is whole another book in itself I am not about to type here today.

Scott has run me down, and he is the one with ZERO proof of poor workmanship on my part. It does not take a genius to figure out I am slow as syrup on a cold day in Canada.. but when it is done, it is 100%.. still to this day, not one single harness has failed to START the engine, and at least get the car moving and in testing mode. I have had one harness with a mis-wire here on PFF. The IAC wires were reversed on green/wht and green/blk, and even this still started the engine, but had a high idle … I apologized as many times as I could to Bill and John for this. That to date in 50 plus harness is the only one with a mis-wire.

Well.. I see this is trash can material now…

Loyde

[This message has been edited by FastFieros (edited 09-04-2007).]

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2007 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How is this a jab at anyone?

I dont doubt you would call my quick wiring harness a hackjob, but so far both of mine have a better track record than loyde's harness that my friend got last year. He was stranded today for the ignition coil wire burning up, he never actually got back with me yet today so for all I know he might still be stranded.

I just get the job done, wrap it in spiral wire wrap, and call it good. I always use solder and shrink wrap. I have some really nice tools and methods that make the 30 or so connections go very quickly. I think the real work is knowing how to cut and shape the GTP harness to your liking in the first place, as it requres no lenthening if you do it correctly.

Dan said that "any harness done in 2 hours must be junk", which was different than what I said in the post before that. I claimed that I could do a harness up in 6 hours, after the tape was stripped off, which is just saying what I did after I had completed 2 harnesses before. Still this is no jab at anyone, nor was I calling anyone elses way of doing busniess bad. The way that I found swap wiring easy was to retain most of the time consuming connections in the stock harness, which really does make it easy to quickly wire up the swap, and it really works, you can see it in action from seeing my fiero run. By relocating the pcm to the center console like you and dan do, is not nearly as easy or quick to do as my method, and really is a completely different job alltogether, and warrents a sizeable pricetag that you both charge (although I think dans is a bit more reasonable at $400 CDN).

It was VERY CLEAR that this was one occurance, if you wanted to come into this thread and defend yourself, so be it, I doubt anyone would look down on that, nor would I argue that all of your harnesses are like this. I mearly said that to prove the point that a $1000 wiring harness offers no advantage over a free one.

No hacking was done to reprogram anthonys pcm, you didnt feel like locking the pcm so noone could read it, so we simply just trashcan'ed your file, and loaded on our own, which anthony confirms works better than yours, sorry.

Looks like your little attempt to discredit me failed, at least in cliff's eyes.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock