Started on: 01-23-2007 08:57 PM
Replies: 66 (1245 views)
Last post by: lurker on 01-26-2007 08:09 PM
tutnkmn

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2007 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tutnkmnSend a Private Message to tutnkmnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Taijiguy:

And starting a thread specifically for the purpose of ganging up on someone is.....?

Threads like this reflect worse on the person who initiates them than they do the person being targeted. If he's really that bad then the rating system will kick in. But this thread is nothing more than a lynching.

Actually I think this thread was more about Falcon4 than the other guy, what was his name?

The rating system did take care of the other guy after all..........

As to starting a thread like this, I don't have an opinion really. But that guy did seem to get people buzzed off, we're better off when the rating system shoots down bad people (that's why it's there - thank you Cliff).

Hmmm, look at that - I own page two. Just when the thread (likely) comes to an end.

[This message has been edited by tutnkmn (edited 01-24-2007).]

IP: Logged
Taijiguy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 244
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2007 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaijiguySend a Private Message to TaijiguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just think these threads should be disallowed and closed the second they're created. I've been here a pretty long time and I've seen these threads go very very wrong. In this case, it's probably moot, as the guy is already gone. These threads often turn into big gang rapes, and I've seen people accumulate enough negs to be banned just from the gang mentality that gets started.
Cheever3000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2007 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Falcon4:

... I do notice, however, that pretty much any time I interact with Cliff as far as helping him with PIP or providing an alternative that I poured heart and soul into, I get more negatives...

You are obviously a smart person. You might even be better and smarter than Cliff. But I have seen lots & lots of highly intelligent people try to change things - things that people don't want changed. And whether it's good or bad, a lot of people here have a certain loyalty to Cliff, besides just respect for it being his forum.

I can't speak for Cliff, but one of my biggest peeves is getting advice that I didn't ask for. It doesn't matter how great something could be, if it's not offered the right way, I don't want nuthin to do with it.

Also, some people offer help, but then later they expect things in return. Wise people will consider that when deciding whether to accept help. Gotta consider the source, and if the source is relatively unknown, it can be suspicious.
Phranc

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
User Banned

Report this Post01-24-2007 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alright who rated me in the last 12 hours? Huh? Fess up. Atleast its preaty even.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2007 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cheever3000:

I can't speak for Cliff, but one of my biggest peeves is getting advice that I didn't ask for.

One of my pet peeves is when someone leaves out huge parts of conversations and even makes up a few things here and there to serve his purpose. Which is why I don't like Falcon4 much. I also don't like the fact he continuously complains about parts of the forum (pesky things like rules, word censoring, PIP, etc.) and then covers it up by saying he offered to help me. Once. Sort of. Then when I decline, he makes up a story about how I don't accept help because I think something can't be improved - which BTW, is a load of crap because I never said such a thing (just to satisfy your curiosity Falcon4, I don't need help with PIP because I've been working on something completely different which will replace PIP altogether).

I also don't like the fact that he gets negatives for a bunch of things and now whines that he only seems to get negatives when he gets into a discussion with me. Completely forgetting the fact he was already speed banned by the rating system before I even knew he existed. If anything, he got a lot of positives because I unbanned him and openly said in a thread I thought he was unjustly banned because of a flaw in the speed-ban system (which I now regret). Or how he turns a thread into "who cares this other person was banned, give ol' sad me positives because I don't deserve negatives".

Just out of pure curiousity, I did a quick search and found out he was banned from a few other forums for the exact same reasons he's getting negatives here: for complaining about forum rules, for attacking moderators, and for dissing whatever a forum offers for posting files/images, just to plug his own file/image hosting site.

So Falcon4, stop your whining that you only seem to get negatives if you get into a discussion with me. You get negatives because you deserve them. Just like I deserve the negatives I get (and undoubtedly I will get some extra negatives for this post too).

(and on that note, this thread now belongs in the Trash Can).
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2007 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, topic to trash can in about 16 1/2 hrs. is that some kind of record?

Joe
Falcon4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 161
User Banned

Report this Post01-24-2007 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon4Click Here to visit Falcon4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Falcon4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alright. Fine. You know what? I've stewed about this disgusting post long enough. It's time to tear it apart. If anyone thinks that because Cliff hosts this site and coded it, that therefore he is king of the internet and should never be questioned, please leave now. I don't need to hear a bunch of that crap. I built my own site from scratch (can't say the same for Cliff and Ultimate Bulletin Board) and I don't get that kind of respect (obviously)...

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

One of my pet peeves is when someone leaves out huge parts of conversations and even makes up a few things here and there to serve his purpose. Which is why I don't like Falcon4 much.

What conversation? You haven't had a civil conversation with me ever since the speed-ban incident. Ever since then it's been a bunch of snappy, one-sided "words" you send to me, which I reply to, and somehow get lost in oblivion. Either that or you end the discussion with "Well, I can always undo that unbanning...". I don't call that a "conversation"...

I also don't like the fact he continuously complains about parts of the forum (pesky things like rules, word censoring, PIP, etc.) and then covers it up by saying he offered to help me. Once. Sort of.

Gee... maybe if you would actually take my "complaints" as "criticism" instead of something negative, you might see that my intentions aren't to hurt, but to help. Like it matters to you anyway. Maybe it does. Sort of.

Then when I decline, he makes up a story about how I don't accept help because I think something can't be improved - which BTW, is a load of crap because I never said such a thing (just to satisfy your curiosity Falcon4, I don't need help with PIP because I've been working on something completely different which will replace PIP altogether).

And you make up lies about asking for the source code, "constantly" "bitching" about PIP, etc... and as for helping you, I want to offer conceptual advice - as far as working on ideas such as large thumbnails, albums, etc... things that my site provides that could help everyone on PFF. Help? Did I really just say that? HELP people on PFF? Geez! I don't think I've ever said that here before... wait a minute... no, that is vaguely familiar... I think I said that... what, one minute ago?

I also don't like the fact that he gets negatives for a bunch of things and now whines that he only seems to get negatives when he gets into a discussion with me.

Considering as though there seem to be a mass number of people that neg-rate people any time they disagree with something the head king and overlord says... and yes, I HAVE seen it... the minute I disagree with something you write (like now), BAM! I get negs! As though 10 new people who had never read a post of mine before, suddenly came along and saw me disagreeing with you here, completely out of context, and gain a fully opinion-shaping idea of me. Bam, a neg. And the makeshift "survey" earlier in this thread proved it - nearly all the people that are actually active on this forum, that would have read my posts, have all spoken up and stated that they all either have a positive rating on me, or no rating at all, but no negatives. I can count a small number of people that do genuinely dislike me, and that does not nearly count up to 120. Those that saw the topics I was an ass in have spoken up here and counted themselves. The numbers do not add up at all. So gee. Where are these ratings coming from there, Cliff? It obviously isn't real people... and if the admin dislikes me... *shock* *awe*

Completely forgetting the fact he was already speed banned by the rating system before I even knew he existed. If anything, he got a lot of positives because I unbanned him and openly said in a thread I thought he was unjustly banned because of a flaw in the speed-ban system (which I now regret).

It takes an awful daft assumption to not remember what caused that speed banning... a positive rating, was it not? It was. I could quote you... but I'm still too lazy.

Or how he turns a thread into "who cares this other person was banned, give ol' sad me positives because I don't deserve negatives".

Would you like me to start yet another annoying "the ratings system sucks" topic or just take one that has no other purpose and give it a better meaning? And I wasn't asking for positives, I was asking for who gave the negatives. Okay, yeah, I did say "give me a positive and I'll mash Negative harder on wiley90" but can you not tell a joke?

Just out of pure curiousity, I did a quick search and found out he was banned from a few other forums for the exact same reasons he's getting negatives here: for complaining about forum rules, for attacking moderators, and for dissing whatever a forum offers for posting files/images, just to plug his own file/image hosting site.

Congratulations, your elite sleuthing skills have stumbled across the F-16 pilot Falcon4 (most likely).

So Falcon4, stop your whining that you only seem to get negatives if you get into a discussion with me. You get negatives because you deserve them. Just like I deserve the negatives I get (and undoubtedly I will get some extra negatives for this post too).
Except in your case, you have control over your own ratings system. I think I can barely make out... a single pixel... of red... =O

Yes, I do love this place. I love the people here - and it's been my gathering in this thread that the love tends to go both ways in many places. But there is one thing I cannot stand and it is admins that like looking down on their users as ants. Excuse me if I dart and dodge your magnifying glass and voice my dissatisfaction for being aimed at... but that's just me.
lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2007 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
long ago i was a sysop. i ran a bbs in the atlanta area before the internet became popular, and dealt with the same issues (albeit on a smaller scale) as any other sysadmin.

i do not "worship" cliff, but i have a great deal of respect for him. not for his technical skill, nowadays programming is a common and mundane activity. what i particularly respect him for is his forbearance. he tolerates a lot of abuse. every once in a while we see a crack in the edifice, but he's really very tolerant. cliff has been working from day 1 to improve *his* forum, and doesnt need anyone's help, not yours, mine or bill gates'. it's his forum, and he gets to run it as he sees fit.

i'll repeat what i said in my PM to you, falcon.

if you want to be banned, just say so, and i'll be glad to help you. life is about choices.
Falcon4

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-25-2007 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon4Click Here to visit Falcon4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Falcon4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lurker:

what i particularly respect him for is his forbearance. he tolerates a lot of abuse. every once in a while we see a crack in the edifice, but he's really very tolerant.

Tolerant? This was a civil, nice topic up until a very certain person decided to stick his head in and say "ALRIGHT EVERYONE! PARTY'S OVER! GO TO HELL AND DIE, YOU DIE FALCON! DIE! I HATE YOU! I HOPE YOU ARE BANNED! FOREVER!"...

And if I wanted to be banned, I would have said so. Meanwhile, I continue to say the exact opposite...
lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2007 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I HOPE YOU ARE BANNED! FOREVER!"...

he could. but he didnt.
Falcon4

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-25-2007 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon4Click Here to visit Falcon4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Falcon4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe with his last shred of decency, he realizes that I'm not the mean, disgusting person that he thinks I am, and that I'm just trying to save my ass the only way I know how: arguing my point...
PFF
System Bot
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2007 06:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Maybe with his last shred of decency, he realizes that I'm not the mean, disgusting person that he thinks I am, and that I'm just trying to save my ass the only way I know how: arguing my point...

Nah, I doubt that.. you are still around because Cliff has more restraint than most...
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2007 06:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

topcat

5486 posts
Member since Dec 2001

Originally posted by topcat:

Nah, I doubt that.. you are still around because Cliff has more restraint than most...

Nevermind... too late.

Falcon4

User Banned

CoryFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2007 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bummer. Will he be on RFT? ROLF
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2007 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by motoracer838:

you really might want to think about chillin' a bit.

Too late.

Joe
Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2007 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Good grief.
lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

he's really very tolerant.

i was wrong. cliff has been TOO tolerant.
a little thread i found on another forum:
http://forums.winamp.com/sh...bb88&threadid=143747
i gather there are more, this one was enough for me.

[This message has been edited by lurker (edited 01-26-2007).]

sostock

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 02:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sostockSend a Private Message to sostockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
well that does shed some light on things.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

i was wrong.

I was wrong too.

Originally posted by cliffw:
....I saw his heart.

I guess I can be unseeing as was suggested.

Originally posted by CoryFiero:
Bummer. Will he be on RFT? ROLF

I am having doubts he can even last there.

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ah well...
I thought he had some redeeming qualities. Didn't know about the other stuff, though.

But then I think Jeff has redeeming qualities, too. Maybe some day...
CoryFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Falcon4:People just have to respect cardboard. How hard is it to respect cardboard?

PFF
System Bot
Unsafe At Any Speed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 315
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Unsafe At Any SpeedSend a Private Message to Unsafe At Any SpeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So why is everyone still digging up dirt and posting crap about him? I mean, he's no longer a member here so why's it matter? It's turning into 'PFF vs. The World'.
Seems kind of hypocritical to me.
Xanth

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XanthSend a Private Message to XanthEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That winamp forum post is also about 4 years old, he would have only been around 16 then. Like unsafe said, he's gone now. No need to keep searching for dirt on him.
CoryFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Somthing to do. He is more stupid than that dude16 guy a year or so back and we are in the "trash can".

I understand he can't defend himself now. So I guess I'll lay off.
CoryFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoryFieroSend a Private Message to CoryFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CoryFiero

4341 posts
Member since Oct 2001

Originally posted by Xanth:

That winamp forum post is also about 4 years old, he would have only been around 16 then. Like unsafe said, he's gone now. No need to keep searching for dirt on him.

On that very same winamp forum Falcon4 says that he is 26...??
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoryFiero:
On that very same winamp forum Falcon4 says that he is 26...??

He was referring to IQ not age.

lurker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2007 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Unsafe At Any Speed:
So why is everyone still digging up dirt and posting crap about him?

hypocritical? no.

i thought falcon was just a young guy, tactless and with strong opinions. i saw a repeating pattern of helpful, rude, apologetic, helpful, rude, apologetic... i tried to calm him down in his threads, and i exchanged emails with him, trying to understand and help him.

irrespective of the merits or demerits of his argument, i thought if he could be warned, reasoned with, persuaded, that maybe he could stay as a useful forum member.

when cliff did ban him, i wondered if cliff had been hasty, so i went out to see for myself. the winamp thread was sufficient for me. it seems there's a long history, about 4 years as noted above, of falcon getting himself into trouble. apparently he's either an exceptionally slow learner, has uncontrolled emotional issues, or does it deliberately. my take is, it's deliberate. i think he was knowingly stirring the pot.

i am also interested in his reference to himself as "morpheus", and may look into that as well. he's up to something, has been for a long time, and i'm curious.

and as an aside, i'd like to thank johnnyk for quoting me on RFT. i'm famous now. woohoo.

edit: morpheus was falcon's other user name on winamp.
"some doof"
edit again. google is a wonderful thing. ive seen a couple of other forums where he's done the same thing, using multiple logins, implying he's things he's not, idle threats when called out. i'm surprised he's been using the same id on all these forums, it's almost as if he wants to get caught. it's a mystery. i wonder what motivates falcon.

[This message has been edited by lurker (edited 01-28-2007).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock