You're invited to the Wine Country "Vine Run!" March 31, 2018 by Rsvl-Rider
Started on: 02-27-2018 10:45 PM
Replies: 11 (575 views)
Last post by: Rsvl-Rider on 04-04-2018 10:14 PM
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2018 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was a great day! See below for pics of the run!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ONLY ONE DAY TO GO before the first "Vine Run!" on March 31st.

It's not too late to get involved! At this time we have 7 cars lined up and room for more. Give me a shout here or email me at VineRunFun@gmail.com. Lets have a great ride!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're invited to the Wine Country "Vine Run!"

We are currently organizing what we hope will be the first of many Northern California Wine Country Fiero rallies. The Vine Run! The inaugural event will take place on Saturday, March 31, 2018.

Details are still in the planning stages but the route is coming together and the date is set! I anticipate a 110 mile, 3 hour run through the wine country including some scenic countryside driving out near the southwestern shore of Lake Berryessa. The run will begin and end in Napa, CA. with a 2 hour lunch stop in Calistoga, CA. during which time you may wish to wander the historic downtown area for window shopping or wine tasting along Lincoln Ave.

Currently I am considering the Black Bear Diner on Soscal Road in Napa as our meet up and end point as there appears to be ample parking in the area. At this time I am planning an 11AM departure from the Black Bear Diner and an approximate 12:30 arrival in Calistoga for lunch.

The route as it is currently planned will begin in Napa and proceed through Sonoma and along Hwy 12 north to Calistoga Road near Santa Rosa. Then on to Petrified Forest Road which will take us into Calistoga. This is where we will we will have a leisurely two hours for lunch (tentatively planned) at the Palisades Deli & Cafe in downtown Calistoga. This is the only planned gas stop for those that wish to top off.

From Calistoga we will proceed southerly on Silverado Trail to join up with Hwy 128 towards Lake Berryessa. At this time I am planning to continue on to the Oak Shores Day Use Area north of Spanish Flat for a possible photo stop. We will then return to Hwy 128 and Hwy 121 returning to Napa where our journey will end at at our starting point at approximately 4:30pm.

Additional details will be provided as they become available. The exact route, times and stops may change as planning progresses.

Please save the date and mark your calendars for what we hope will become a fun gathering to visit with old friends and new in the Fiero community while enjoying a scenic drive through the world famous Napa-Sonoma wine country.

Please indicate your interest as soon as practical. An approximate head count will be helpful in planning, and a final tally may be necessary for lunch reservations depending on the size of the group.

(This is a free gathering of Fiero enthusiasts. All expenses including, but not limited to, fuel, meals, wine tasting, insurance or any other expenses are on you)

------------------
John Wayne as John Bernard Books in The Shootist...
" I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

My rides...
1988 GT with a 3.4L V6 automatic
1987 GT stock (with added stripes)
2006 Harley Sportster
'cause I love the twisties on two wheels or four.

[This message has been edited by Rsvl-Rider (edited 04-03-2018).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
liv4God

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2018 06:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for liv4GodSend a Private Message to liv4GodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will let my sister know and hopefully she can take my silver Fiero in my place!
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2018 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want to be there......But my knee may have other ideas.....I will immediately go see a doctor.....(I actually am seeing one this morning)
Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2018 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by liv4God:

I will let my sister know and hopefully she can take my silver Fiero in my place!

That's great! Hope to meet her on the run. Keep me up to date if it works out so I can add her to the planning.
Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2018 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump. Only 1 week to go. Get on the list!

Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2018 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BUMP!

Saturday is the day!

Give me a shout!

Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2018 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
(edited to delete duplicate post)

[This message has been edited by Rsvl-Rider (edited 04-02-2018).]

Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2018 02:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The first Vine Run is in the books! A good time was had by all. A fun route with some nice twisties and great scenery. We had 6 cars in the run as a few runners were unable to make it due to mechanical issues. Next year you guys!

Some folks showed up early and we had the chance to grab a bite and get to know each other for a bit before pulling out. Martin was a passenger in that beautiful blue 87 GT and took some great pics. Thanks Martin! He took a bunch but I am posting just a few here.

The Meet-Up.

On the Road.

Wine Country.

Lunch in Calistoga.

Scenery.

At the lake.

[This message has been edited by Rsvl-Rider (edited 04-02-2018).]

fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2018 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, nice run! I'm sorry we had to miss it. We would be interested in doing the run again in the future.
gldkarma

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2018 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What Bear said!!! Thanks for the pics!!

JC
kevin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2018 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fellas,
As everyone knows, life can deal you an unfair hand. So it was the weekend for your great Calistoga Fiero run. I planned on being there. Unfortunately at the very last moments, as I was organizing my affairs, my favorite car in the hands of a mechanic, could not be completed on time☹️. Regretfully, I was forced to pass. I wright my thoughts because I wanted, so bad, to be with the NoCal Fiero family.
The good news is that it is near the time for another San Simion Rally!
Cordially,
kevin
Ps. Only one notchie showed up❓😏

[This message has been edited by kevin (edited 04-04-2018).]

PFF
System Bot
Rsvl-Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2018 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kevin:

Fellas,
As everyone knows, life can deal you an unfair hand. So it was the weekend for your great Calistoga Fiero run. I planned on being there. Unfortunately at the very last moments, as I was organizing my affairs, my favorite car in the hands of a mechanic, could not be completed on time☹️. Regretfully, I was forced to pass. I wright my thoughts because I wanted, so bad, to be with the NoCal Fiero family.
The good news is that it is near the time for another San Simion Rally!
Cordially,
kevin
Ps. Only one notchie showed up❓😏

Hey Kevin, Sorry you couldn't make it. Is it still the head gasket thing?
Yes, only one notchie. I know that's strange. It's usually the other way around.

We'll catch you on the next run!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock