Started on: 01-30-2017 10:51 AM
Replies: 26 (880 views)
Last post by: gldkarma on 10-15-2017 01:35 AM
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2017 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mark your calendars. Details to come.

Facebook event page added - https://www.facebook.com/events/333443383759348

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 07-22-2017).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
gldkarma

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2017 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Done! I'll announce it at our next mtg. for those who don't read PFF.

JC
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2017 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there! Probably in a Fiero too!

Hopefully Hwy 1 will be reopened....if we can't cruise up & down the coast then can we really call it a coast run??

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2017 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Facebook event page added - https://www.facebook.com/events/333443383759348

This will be the place to find the most up-to-date information.
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2017 03:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mary and I should be there. Hopefully, in a fiero this time.
gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2017 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Reservation made!

JC
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2017 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking forward to seeing you, Jeannie. Is Jerry going to be with you this year?

------------------
15th Annual California Coast Run
October 6-8, 2017

gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2017 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's the plan right now. Then we go again the following week w/the Hudson!

JC
fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2017 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dusted off my 88GT and resuscitated it for the Coast Run. So far, so good although I will need to totally refresh the suspension and brakes. It passed California Nazi smog this week, and got my registration sticker yesterday. Not bad for a car with 344,000 miles on the meter. Come hell or high water, I should be driving it on the run.
gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2017 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's great, John! Glad to hear it!! The Hudson is in this week getting it ready to drive to San Diego, then I'll get the Fiero in after Labor Day to get it ready! Good luck with the rest of what you have to do!

JC
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2017 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello everyone,

I just reserved my room at the Courtesy Inn. Expecting to arrive in my 88 Fiero GT.
PFF
System Bot
gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2017 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Forgot to mention it at the mtg. last night, but presume those of us going from the Bay Area can meet at the Mickey D's in Morgan Hill, maybe 10:00 or so, and drive down together, getting there between 3 and 4:00 depending on our stops. Let us know if anyone will be stopping at the Arco in Paso at a certain time. We could be there between 2 and 3:00 and drive over together.

JC
yakdude01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2017 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yakdude01Click Here to visit yakdude01's HomePageSend a Private Message to yakdude01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just made my room reservation. Planning on flying into SFO. Hopefully my convertible "rental" will work. haha

Looking forward to another great weekend!!

------------------
- Kevin

Stone White 2001 Limited w/Cream leather interior 106k mi
Claret Mica (Dark Red) 2015 Lexus RX350 25k mi <--- Now the Daily Driver!

"I have to admit, I love driving it. It is so choice."
"If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up." - Ferris Bueller

PePe-LePu_For_2

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2017 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PePe-LePu_For_2Send a Private Message to PePe-LePu_For_2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got booked. Andrew is working on getting a Fiero put together that I can drive in the run. See you all there!
Marty

[This message has been edited by PePe-LePu_For_2 (edited 10-03-2017).]

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2017 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
~ We'll be arriving at the Courtesy Inn on Thursday, October 5th, to make final preparations. And we're gonna stay a couple of extra days over there after the Run too.

~ I just talked to Manish, and we have 9 rooms reserved so far. Almost halfway to the $99 weekend rate.

~ If anyone would like to donate items to the charity raffle, please contact me at songman64 at gmail.com, so I can add your info to the Supporting Vendors page on the website.

~ The Event page for St Jude donations is http://fundraising.stjude.org/coastrun15. From that page, you can also set up your own personal or team page. You can receive prizes, based on donations you collect. If you work for a company that matches donations, please ask them about donating to the Coast Run St Jude event.

~ http://www.californiacoastrun.com is now online, although not complete. There is a Registration Form there. It is not required to register, but is helpful for planning. Also, there is a page for Convoy information. If you are putting together a convoy, send me the details and I will list them on the site.

~ The most active discussion for the Coast Run can be found at https://www.facebook.com/events/333443383759348. So far, we have 19 people there saying they are attending.

~ More to come!

------------------
http://www.californiacoastrun.com
October 6-8, 2017

gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2017 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's great, Marty! Looking forward to seeing you there!!

JC

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2017 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The registration page at http://www.californiacoastrun.com is working now. You can go directly to it by clicking http://www.123contactform.c...nt-Registration-Form

------------------
October 6-8, 2017

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2017 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

The 15th Annual California Coast Run is October 6-8, 2017. For the 15th year on a row, the host hotel will be the Courtesy Inn of San Simeon, CA.

Courtesy Inn of San Simeon
9450 Castillo Drive
San Simeon, CA 93452
Call 1-800-555-5773 (toll free) to make your reservation.
Tell them you are with the Fiero group to get our special rate.
For 14 years, we have paid $99 for the entire weekend. If we can have 20 rooms booked by September 6, we can have that same rate again. If not, the rate will be $109 for the entire weekend. Still a fantastic price!

Since Highway 1 has been devastated by mud slides and cave-ins, we will be taking a slightly different route this year. It will include part of Highway 1 that has been re-opened, and some other good curvy roads in the area. You don't want to miss it!
_____________________________________________________________________________________

The schedule for the weekend will be as follows:

Friday, October 6
- Arrive at Courtesy Inn at your leisure
- Meet at indoor pool area around 6pm
- Dinner at Main Street Grill in Cambria at 7pm
- Back to pool area after dinner.

Saturday, October 7
- Hotel breakfast starts at 6am
- Line up cars at 8am
- Depart Courtesy Inn at 8:30am
- Lunch at 12 noon (TBA)
- Arrive back at Courtesy Inn around 4:30pm
- Dinner at 7pm (TBA)
- Charity Raffle for St Jude at 8:30pm

Sunday, October 8
- Depart for breakfast in Motto Bay at 8:30am
- After breakfast, enjoy the local sights.
- Depart for home.

Official website of the Coast Run - http://www.californiacoastrun.com

Official Facebook Event page - https://www.facebook.com/events/333443383759348/

Official Cruisin' for St Jude Event page - http://fundraising.stjude.org/coastrun15

If you have a product or service that you would like to donate to our St Jude Charity Raffle, please contact me. Items do not havevto be Fiero related. We can also accept discount coupons and gift certificates for the raffle. All items donated are tax deductible. Any vendor donating items will be linked to all of our web and print materials. Donating vendors are also invited to send promotional items for participant goodie bags.

Anyone who would like to donate to the St Jude Event page above, please consider finding out if your employer does matching donations to charities. St Jude Children's Research Hospital is a great cause, and we're proud to be supporting them for the past 14 years.

------------------
October 6-8, 2017

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 09-02-2017).]

yakdude01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2017 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yakdude01Click Here to visit yakdude01's HomePageSend a Private Message to yakdude01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yakdude01:

Just made my room reservation. Planning on flying into SFO. Hopefully my convertible "rental" will work. haha

Looking forward to another great weekend!!

Ok, I "was" planning on flying into SFO....but work decided to send me to Bakersfield for a few days...so now it's LAX. Doesn't change anything in regards to attending (other than saving me the airfare)...I even added 2 days to the trip so I'm not "rushed" on Sunday, and that helped save the boss some cash too.

Definitely looking forward to the trip!

------------------
- Kevin

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2017 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When are you flying in, Kevin?
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2017 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Songman

12496 posts
Member since Aug 2000
We only have 11 rooms reserved. If you haven't reserved your room yet, please call. Let's get that $99 rate for everyone! Tomorrow is the last day!

------------------
October 6-8, 2017

PFF
System Bot
yakdude01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2017 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yakdude01Click Here to visit yakdude01's HomePageSend a Private Message to yakdude01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

When are you flying in, Kevin?

Tuesday, Oct 3rd, staying in the area until Tuesday, the 10th.

------------------
- Kevin

gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2017 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Okay--Golden Gate and Northern California Coast Runners who would like to caravan to San Simeon on Friday, Oct. 6:

Meet at the McDonald's at 135 Cochrane Rd., Morgan Hill, between 10:30 and 11:00.
We know of Ron from Sacramento, Deb & John, Marty, Rusty, and Jeannie & Jerry so far.
Not sure about Barbie or Arash yet. Anybody else let us know, any problems on Oct. 6 call me on my cell.

We'll plan to be at the Arco at Paso Robles about 1:30 depending on if we stop for gas in maybe Salinas or at the Camp Roberts Rest Area.
John & Mary will either join us on the road or meet us at Paso Robles. If others will be arriving at the Arco within a half hour + or -, let us
know if you want to drive over together.

If we leave the Arco by 2:00, that would put us at the hotel about 2:40, which leaves time to unpack, take a nap, go wine tasting, take a walk, etc.,
before dinner (or a football game! ) and karaoke w/Elvis!

Looking forward to seeing you all soon!

JC

Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2017 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gldkarma:

We know of Ron from Sacramento,

[/COLOR]

Works for me. Can't wait!
gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2017 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Great! Looking forward to seeing you then!!

JC
yakdude01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2017 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yakdude01Click Here to visit yakdude01's HomePageSend a Private Message to yakdude01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are some pics I took during the event. No, nothing at dinner either night or the group at breakfast on Sunday.

Banner for the event.

The view from just outside my room (#258). Courtesy Inn does a great job and such a GREAT location!

The lineup....on Saturday, Oct 7th

Stopped along Hwy 1 north of Morro Bay

Stop for gas in Morro Bay

The Mustang convertible at the gas stop in Morro Bay. I didn't need gas...since the Mustang had a LARGE tank.

The group car shot at the Madonna Inn in San Luis Obispo.
The Mustang convertible is somewhere in the back. LOTS of cool Fieros...one Buick Reatta, one Pontiac GTO, one Dodge Challenger, one hardtop Ford Mustang, one Lexus CT200 and 7 Pontiac Fieros.

This was from the beach down the road from the Courtesy Inn in San Simeon. Sunday morning before breakfast at the Ragged Point Inn.

Scenic view from the grounds of the Ragged Point Inn.

Looking through the hole?

Here is the full shot. Portal to Big Sur

More of the coastal area at the Ragged Point Inn

What a great event! So glad I was able to make it this year!! I am planning for it again in 2018...maybe driving my own Sebring Convertible? We'll see.

------------------
- Kevin

Stone White 2001 Limited w/Cream leather interior 107k mi
Claret Mica (Dark Red) 2015 Lexus RX350 32k mi <--- Now the Daily Driver!

[This message has been edited by yakdude01 (edited 04-10-2018).]

gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2017 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Great photos, Kevin! Thanks a lot!! It was great to see you and everyone this year!
I guess Ed and Sandra got their car home okay--it's not there this weekend! It's a little cooler, but still nice and the sunset tonight was bright orange and YUGE, maybe partly due to the fire haze in the air. :frown:

JC

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock