13th Annual Coast Run, San Simeon, CA by Percy
Started on: 09-11-2015 03:34 PM
Replies: 24 (658 views)
Last post by: gldkarma on 11-18-2015 06:50 PM
Percy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2015 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PercySend a Private Message to PercyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Coast Run dates have been changed to October 23rd through 25th. Please make your reservations for these dates. Hotel will hold same pricing for this weekend.

We are looking to continue the Coast Run this year and have secured accommodations at the same hotel, The Courtesy Inn of San Simeon. As this is a late date to publicize the event, we want to make sure there is interest in having the event in October as has been the case in the past. Please announce this event to your groups, clubs and spouse and let us know if you can come so we can finish the arrangements. We will need to have a count in the next two weeks to make the needed reservations. Please respond to this tread and once we have a count, we will finish the details. Hotel Reservations will be on your own. Please see details below.

Thanks Percy,
Golden Gate Fieros.

13th Annual California Coast Run

When: October 23-25, 2015
Where: San Simeon, CA

Hotel Reservations
Courtesy Inn of San Simeon - http://www.courtesyinns.com
9450 Castillo Drive
San Simeon, CA 93452
1-800-555-5773
Say you are with Fiero group for $99 for the weekend rate. If they don't give you that rate, ask for Manish.
-
Event Schedule

Friday, October 23
- Arrive Friday and check into hotel. If you get in the area early, check out a few Winery's in the Paso Robles area off VIneyard. Great Zin's!
- Meet in pool area at 6:30PM for meet n' greet.
- Dinner at Main Street Grill in Cambria at 7:30PM

Saturday, October 24
- Start lining up cars at 8:00AM.
- Driver's Meeting at 8:15AM
- Depart hotel at 8:30AM
- Lunch around 11:30 Flanagan’s Pub, 3772 The Barnyard, Carmel, CA.
- Depart from lunch around 1:30PM
- Arrive at Courtesy Inn at 4PM.
-Dinner will be on our own. No Banquet plans.
- San Simeon Beach Bar & Grill , sing with the San Simeon Elvis from 10:00 till whenever...

Sunday, October 25
- Breakfast is always popular in Morro Bay at 10AM.

We end the day early on Sunday to allow people plenty of time to see the area attractions and still get home safely.

Driving distance to San Simeon from major cities:
San Diego to San Simeon - 360 miles (6 hours)
Los Angeles to San Simeon - 245 miles (4 hours)
San Francisco to San Simeon - 240 miles (4 hours)
Sacramento to San Simeon - 300 miles (5 hours)

We have had a great time on this event and have had people come from as far away as Colorado. Songman has made this an affordable event so please come and have a good time without putting a strain on your bank account.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

[This message has been edited by Percy (edited 09-21-2015).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2015 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just talked to Manish and made a reservation, so rooms are available for us. This is always a great event and opportunity to get together!

JC
gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2015 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

gldkarma

536 posts
Member since May 2003

Can't edit post above for some reason, but also see the complimentary post in the 'General Chat' section.

JC
Larry Nakamura

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2015 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry NakamuraSend a Private Message to Larry NakamuraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm in ! I missed the last 2 years and need to come and give Jeannie a bad
time (JK).

[This message has been edited by Larry Nakamura (edited 09-11-2015).]

gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2015 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Larry--is that you?? The name sounds familiar, but the picture is getting fuzzy!!

Larry Nakamura

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2015 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry NakamuraSend a Private Message to Larry NakamuraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, This is Larry's evil twin.............
gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2015 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh yes, I remember him--the guy who uses a paint brush with 3 hairs left in it to clean around bold heads at shows! (Hint to newer members: do not park next to this guy at a show--it will drive you nuts trying to get your car as clean as his--trust me!! )

JC
gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2015 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

gldkarma

536 posts
Member since May 2003

Seriously, hope everything is okay around your place, Larry. Looking at the news footage of the Middletown, Cobb, and Pope Valley fires just south of you is really aweful. Guess we won't be planning a drive up to those areas this year.

JC
Larry Nakamura

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2015 03:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Larry NakamuraSend a Private Message to Larry NakamuraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All is OK at my house in Clearlake. The Valley fire is close and there
is ash raining everywhere. Also thick smoke in the air. It looks like
Middletown got hit pretty bad and almost everything burned to the ground.
The ridge fire was close too and there have now been fires all around the
lake.
gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2015 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Glad to hear you and the property around you are safe! It seems like it just gets worse and worse all over CA, but it has been particularly bad up in your area this summer. Take care, and it will be good to see you!!

JC
yakdude01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2015 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yakdude01Click Here to visit yakdude01's HomePageSend a Private Message to yakdude01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Somehow I have "unused" vacation days that will not carry over to next year. So I'm thinking I'm in!
Still gotta check with the boss...and make sure I'm not on call that weekend. Hopefully it works out...as I've enjoyed the other three CCR's I've been to...and I really could use some Highway 1 time!!
Chasing Fieros makes it even more fun!! Along with enjoying hanging out with those people driving the Fieros...

I'll also post this information on the Chrysler Sebring Club website so members there will know about it. I'll also mention it is in the planning stages...

While I would LOVE to bring my Sebring Convertible again....I'd be flying in...so there will be a rental convertible. Hope it's better than that Mustang vert I had in 2011!

------------------
- Kevin

Stone White 2001 Limited w/Cream leather interior 102k mi
Bright Silver Metallic 2009 Dodge Grand Caravan 49k mi <--- Now the Daily Driver!
Opal Opalescent 1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC 84k mi

"I have to admit, I love driving it. It is so choice."
"If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up." - Ferris Bueller

PFF
System Bot
SNIPER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2015 02:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SNIPERClick Here to visit SNIPER's HomePageSend a Private Message to SNIPEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sandra and I will not be able to make this year due to Sandra's scheduled surgery, hope to make it next time.

------------------
Ed "SNIPER" Peralez
Not as lean, Not as mean, But still a Marine
GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE ~ PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE
www.SniPeralezGunworks.com

gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2015 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Okay--I talked to Manish on Friday and in short, we were out-bid by a tour group booking 30 rooms at regular price. He can't take any more reservations for the weekend of Oct. 16-18 and only had three for our group.

He has agreed to move us to the following weekend of Oct. 25-27 and can hold a reasonable number of rooms for us for about ten days for our historical and amazing price of $99 for Friday and Saturday nights, Oct. 25 and 26. Your room reservation will count as your registration for the event this year. Let's shoot for 10-12 minimum and the more the merrier! If you had made a reservation for the weekend of Oct. 16-18, please call and move it to the following weekend if you can still come. Tell them you are with the Fiero Coast Run group and be sure to confirm our price. If there is any question or problem, ask to speak to Manish as usual. The no. there is (805) 927-4691. Please make your plans to attend and make your reservation ASAP.

I have agreed to check back in w/him on Friday, Oct. 2, and see how we're doing. If we haven't reserved the majority of our block of rooms by then, we may have to let them go and our event will be in jeopardy. Sorry to hear that Bart and Sue Woolsey and Ed and Sandra Peralez won't be able to join us this time. Best wishes to you, Sandra, and we surely hope everything goes okay! We'll miss seeing you all this year. If you're coming but staying at one of the other fine locations in or around San Simeon, please let us know that too so we can count you in.

JC
gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2015 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

gldkarma

536 posts
Member since May 2003

P.S.--Dang! It's been a long 6 wks. that I've been on the road! I was looking at the wrong month! It's Oct. 23-25. Sorry!!

Kevin--hope you can still make plans to come the weekend of Oct. 23-25 and let the Sebring group know. Thanks!!

JC

yakdude01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2015 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yakdude01Click Here to visit yakdude01's HomePageSend a Private Message to yakdude01Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gldkarma:

P.S.--Dang! It's been a long 6 wks. that I've been on the road! I was looking at the wrong month! It's Oct. 23-25. Sorry!!

Kevin--hope you can still make plans to come the weekend of Oct. 23-25 and let the Sebring group know. Thanks!!

JC

I wish the date change could help, but unfortunately, it can't. Work is going to be short staffed most of the rest of the year and it gets worse, my boss is out for 2 months in December...so I get to play boss. Yea! NOT.

I've updated the post on Sebringclub.net as well to let the members there know of the date change.

Looking forward to the videos/pictures! and making this event in 2016!! Carrying over 9 days vacation....so that won't be an issue.

------------------
- Kevin

Stone White 2001 Limited w/Cream leather interior 102k mi
Bright Silver Metallic 2009 Dodge Grand Caravan 49k mi <--- Now the Daily Driver!
Opal Opalescent 1997 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC 84k mi

"I have to admit, I love driving it. It is so choice."
"If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up." - Ferris Bueller

gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2015 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sorry to hear you can't make it this time! Thanks for updating the Sebring web site!

JC
gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2015 06:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Okay, everybody--we have a tentative agenda for this year's meeting on the beautiful California Coast!

Friday, October 23--A group of us will be meeting at the McDonald's at 135 Cochrane Plaza in Morgan Hill at 11:30. We'll get a little lunch, then head south on 101 from there. We'll stop and get gas at the Arco at 1900 Ramada Dr. in Paso Robles, probably between 2:15 and 2:30. Price this week is $3.49. It's just a scenic 45 min. or so to San Simeon, so we should get there about 3:30. There are many good choices for dinner Friday night--the Main St. Grill in Cambria is the traditional spot for BBQ--but we can gather in the pool area of the Courtesy Inn about 6:00 and see what everyone would like to do.

Saturday, October 24--We'll gather and line up in the parking lot of the hotel about 8:30 and try to leave for Carmel at 9:00. We'll drive up Hwy. 1 and have lunch at Flanagan's Pub, 3772 The Barnyard, Carmel. The drive is approx. 90 mi. and takes about 2-1/2 hrs., so we should be at Flanagan's between 11:30 and 12:00. We'll have a few announcements and get a group picture in the parking lot there, then get back on the road about 1:30. There's a Chevron on the corner of Rio Rd. and Hwy. 1 if anyone needs to fill up before heading back. Price this week is $3.09.

When we get back to San Simeon, we'll gather in the pool area at the hotel again around 5:00. We're talking about some bingo games in addition to the traditional raffle to raise some funds. We'll probably have a 50/50 too--everyone likes cash! We're also talking about having some pizzas and salad delivered from Cambria and the estimate right now is $10-12 for pizza (1/3 of a lg. per person) and $7 or so for a dinner salad. Plan to bring your own drinks to have during this time. Manish has given the okay to bring wine. I didn't ask about any other spirits, but would just say to exercise your discretion! Following our fund raising and pizza, Elvis will be leading the karaoke next door at the San Simeon Bar & Grill. Let us know what you think about these ideas and please bring some auto or general items if you can to donate for the raffle.

Sunday, October 25--Sunday is a totally optional day. Hopefully you don't need to rush home as there are SO many great things to see and do in the area! There's Hearst Castle of course, there are many beautiful wineries on Hwy. 46, and some of us traditionally go to Morro Bay for brunch and spend a little time in that area. Gas in Cambria is $3.79 this week, $3.59 in Morro Bay, and $3.09 in Atascadero.

We have the following attendees confirmed so far:

Jeannie and Jerry
Deb and John
Barbie
Ron Stokesberry
Darrol and Mary Walter
Duane Rodman
Mack and Veronica Arias?
Dave Lurson?
Add your name here!

Please let us know if you can join us and make your reservations at the Courtesy Inn, 9450 Castillo Dr., San Simeon, CA. Phone no. is (805) 927-4691. Please request the Fiero Coast Run special rate of $99 for both nights--a deal you won't get anywhere else or any other time on the coast! Hope to hear from you soon by posting a response and see you there!

JC
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2015 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just made a resrv' for Friday night- I'm afraid I have to bug out for Sunday, But I can get down there early (1pm or so) Friday and then Saturday run up for lunch at Carmel....
gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2015 02:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That will be great--look forward to hooking up w/you! Anyone else that can meet us for lunch or come down for any part of the weekend, please do so!

JC
gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2015 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Reminder... bring CASH for Dinner on Saturday as well as for any Raffle/Bingo on Saturday evening.
Flanagan's will do individual bills for couples/individuals at lunch, so either cash or credit cards is okay there.

Bring your walkie talkies.

Meet at the Morgan Hill McDonald's right off 101 at 11:30 a.m. on 10/23 if you want to join a caravanl. We will have lunch and get on the road by noon. We (those in the caravanl) might stop at Linn's in Cambria before going to the hotel for an afternoon slice of pie. YUM!

On Friday...Sounds like we will be meeting in the pool area at the Courtesy Inn at 6:00. We will then organize and then head over to the BBQ place in Downtown Cambria. This is tradition. By choosing a place ahead of time it allows anyone coming a bit later to know where we are if they want to join in.

Looking forward to a nice time with great people.

Barbie

gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2015 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just a reminder about our mtg. tomorrow night (Tuesday) in Sunnyvale for those of you in the SF Bay area, and also about our CA Coast Drive event this weekend. Please meet us in San Simeon for the weekend (Morgan Hill at 11:30 on Friday if you want to caravan down from the north or Paso Robles around 3:00 if you're coming from the east or south) or for lunch in Carmel Saturday or brunch in Morro Bay on Sunday. We'd love to see/meet any and all who can join us!

JC
PFF
System Bot
gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2015 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Barbie would like to post additional reminders and itinerary info for this weekend:

Coast Run 10/23-10/25:

Things to Bring: Walkie Talkies and Plenty of CASH!! (Saturday Dinner, Raffle, Bingo, etc Smaller bills are appreciated!!!) Donations/Gifts for the Raffle (Proceeds will go to St.Judes Children's Hospital) Your favorite Beverage to go with Dinner (BYOB) & a fun good hearted spirit!
Hotel Info: Courtesy Inn in San Simeon ($99 plus taxes for both Friday and Saturday)
Address: 9450 Castillo Drive, San Simeon, CA 93452
Phone: 805-927-4691

BASIC ITINERARY:

Friday: Meet at 11:30 at McDonalds right off of 101 South in Morgan Hill. Address is 135 Cochrane Road. We will caravan to San Simeon. We may stop at Linn’s in Cambria on Friday for a slice of Pie. Plan to be at the hotel between 4:00 and 5:00. The group will meet in the pool area around 6:00 and then will head over to Cambria to have dinner at “The Main Street Grill”. If you are running later than 6:00 join us there. After dinner some will gather in the Pool area to chat and some will play games.

Saturday: Line up in parking lot by 9:00. We will have a drivers meeting and discuss our dinner plans. Please bring cash…Assume up to $20/person. We will need to set our order before the drive.

We will head out by 9:30 on our beautiful Coast Run up to Carmel. We will make at least one stop along the way…it is a convenient store with a restroom. Normally very appreciated. We will continue up Hwy 1 to Carmel and have lunch at Flannagans. They have agreed to do separate checks. Yeah.
This is a good spot to get Gas or Cash (For Bingo/Raffle) or Beverages (for Dinner) if you need it.
We should have a couple of hours break between when we get back from the drive and when we gather again in the Pool area. Some may want to use this time to go to the Marine Mammal Center in San Simeon or just take a nap. We will gather again about 5:00 in the Pool area and those that would like to play bingo and raise some money for St. Judes this way are welcome to join in. We will play for an hour or so. Dinner which will be Pizza and Salad for those that order it will be delivered to the Hotel. We will enjoy our meal and conversations. After dinner we will do a charity raffle with all proceeds going to St.Judes Children’s Hospital. PLEASE BRING DONATIONS/GIFTS FOR RAFFLE. They can be new or Gently Used if you think it is something that someone would really like.
Afterwards some will head to the bar next door and spend the night enjoying Karaoke. Others will continue to hang out in the Pool area and play games and chat.

Sunday: Some will opt to head to Morro Bay for Breakfast before heading home. I do not know the timing but that can be discussed on Saturday night. There are also nice one hour scenic boat rides that leave from Morro Bay that are very reasonable and leave on the hour. We will provide this info in case you are interested.

Drive home safely…Hope you had a fun weekend and we raised a nice amount of money for the Children and their families at St. Judes.
(Disclaimer: This is a basic schedule…be flexible as sometimes things need to shift a bit.)
gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2015 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Great weather this weekend on the CA Coast and really fun drive yesterday! Thanks, everyone, for making it another successful event!

JC
Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2015 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
!t was a great trip! Saw some old friends and made some new ones. That makes it all the better! 875 miles round trip miles for me. The 87 GT performed flawlessly. I'm sure we'll get some pics up after we all settle in from the long drive.

Thanks everyone!

----------------------------

Edited..

Pics have been added to the Events post here....

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/095963.html

[This message has been edited by Rsvl-Rider (edited 10-27-2015).]

gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2015 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just to follow-up on the results of this year's event besides spending time with so many great people and enjoying driving our cars, Barbie has finalized our annual donation to St. Judes. Results are as follows:

$340 - Coast Run Collected Funds including a $100 donation from one person during bingo and raffle activities.
$ 40 - Coast Run after-the-fact donation collected.
_____
Coast Run Total is $380.00

$100 - GGF Pre-approved Direct Donation
_____

GRAND TOTAL: $480

Thanks so much everyone for coming and making this event a great success once again!

JC

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock