Auburn Cord Duesenberg Festival by kendallville
Started on: 08-13-2014 11:13 PM
Replies: 16 (571 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 06-05-2015 11:29 AM
kendallville

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2014 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did not make it there last year but plan to go this year . Down town cruise is Friday the 29th.
Last time I went I was one of only2 or three Fieros.
Good chance to see a lot of classic cars
more info at this link
http://www.acdfestival.org/index.html
http://www.acdfestival.org/...ntown-cruise-in.html

[This message has been edited by kendallville (edited 08-22-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2014 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
According to the event's website, this year they are opening up the show area for parking at 1pm (Friday, August 29th). I will be there early or on-time.

If the weather is good, there could be 600 - 700 cars or more in attendance.

-ryan

------------------
OVERKILL IS UNDERRATED

Custom GM OBD1 & OBD2 Tuning | Engine Conversions & more | www.gmtuners.com

Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2014 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Early weather forecast stays Friday's high temp will be 83 deg with a 60% chance of showers. Hope that changes...

If the weather is clear, I was thinking of putting together a meet at the Wal-Mart parking lot near the I-69 and State Hwy 8 interchange in Auburn, around 12 noon. If we drive downtown and enter the show grounds as a group, we will get to park together.

Anyone interested in meeting up as a group???

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2014 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
See you around noon on Friday!
kendallville

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2014 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am planning on being there, unless it rains all day ( I don't sit in the rain ).
I see they have the rain chance at 40 % according to news 15.
Glad to see you are planning on coming Joe, I was afraid it would just be two of us.
My wife says to tell you another parking lot , we have to stop meeting that way.LOL
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2014 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As of 9:08 PM Wednesday, my Accuweather app says there is a 55-61% chance of showers and thunderstorms all day Friday.

If it rains in the morning or even early afternoon, but then clears up before late afternoon, I'm pretty sure the show will go on. If it rains all day and/or there is a threat of severe weather, I have to assume they will cancel the show.

Needless to say, if it is raining at noon, I won't be meeting anyone at the Wal-Mart parking lot. But I'll keep a close eye on the weather radar and if it looks like it will clear up (and stay clear for the rest of the evening), I will head up that way.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2014 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If the weather affects the WalMart meet up, how about we try for parking together on the street just west of the brew pub?

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 08-28-2014).]

Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2014 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

If the weather affects the WalMart meet up, how about we try for parking together on the street just west of the brew pub?

If we don't drive downtown together, it is highly likely we will NOT be allowed to park together or hold spots for friends who may be arriving later.

Parking arrangement is first come, first served; and directed by show officials. And they are going to fill it up as you come in and probably not let you hold spots for people who have not yet arrived. The other issue is that in years past, it has been so darn busy and crowded, a late-comer isn't going to even be able to get to where someone held a spot open to them if it is very deep within the show area.

Latest accuweather forecast says rain at 10am tomorrow, but clear thru 3pm (that's as far ahead as the hour-by-hour forecast goes at this moment). 42% chance of rain during the day and a 61% chance at night.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2014 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Weather forecast is improving......see you at noon at WallyWorld.
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2014 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Weather forecast is improving......see you at noon at WallyWorld.

It is, and I will see you there around noon IF it isn't raining and there isn't any imminent threat of rain.
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2014 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I took quite a few pictures at this one. Around 5pm I heard the attendance exceeded 600 cars and was expected to eclipse the 700 mark before nightfall.

Pictures can be found here: http://www.gmtuners.com/eve..._show2014/index.html

We had 5 Fieros show up. Hopefully more can make it next year!
PFF
System Bot
kendallville

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2014 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was a good show, but a sad drive home. I lost another hub cap , I knew I should have taken them off.
Tuna Helper

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2015 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tuna HelperSend a Private Message to Tuna HelperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Every year I say I'm going to go, and every year my car is still in pieces. I finally got the new clutch on, trans on engine, engine on cradle, cradle in car, and I know I should be out there working on it right now but I'm just not feeling it. I'll be on it tomorrow and all weekend for sure.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2015 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We would love to have you join us!
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2015 05:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anything Fiero related at this years ACD event? I'll have a Fiero again and it's only a couple hours away.
Tuna Helper

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2015 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tuna HelperSend a Private Message to Tuna HelperEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm >< this close to having my car back on the road, so hopefully I can remember this year.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2015 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We have attended the last few years. Its a great show with lots of beautiful and unique automobiles on display.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock