AZ Fieros April Run -- Prescott /Prescott Valley by Kee588T
Started on: 04-21-2014 04:48 PM
Replies: 3 (265 views)
Last post by: Kee588T on 05-30-2014 04:33 PM
Kee588T

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2014 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey All,
Sorry for the lack of messages and planning. Things got hectic for a while. We had to make a run back to MI for family issues. We got Steve G’s engine pulled. I broke up a burglary in progress at my house. The RV needed some work (and still needs more). And now it is starting to get hot and I still do not have the AC working in either of my “running” two-seaters. We are planning on a run Prescott way next Saturday for the April run. It will be pretty much the same starting plan as February. The start of the run will be out of the Whole Foods Parking lot in Chandler on the corner of 101 and Ray Road, located on the SE corner of Ray Road and Coronado Boulevard (just east of the 101) around 10:00 AM. We can plan on leaving the site around 10:15 or so. We head up the 101 and hook up with North and West groups at the Wendy's at on the corner of Deer Valley Drive and 23rd Avenue, Wendy’s is just north of the I-17 / 101 intersection, east of I-17 on Deer Valley, a left turn lane onto 23rd and into Wendy's parking lot. We are planning on getting into Wendy’s at about 11:15 or so. We can cruise up 17 toward Flagstaff, bear west on 74 then pick up 60 into Wickenburg and 93 for about 6 miles to 89 and follow 89 into Prescott. I have been lead to believe there are a couple of nice Fieros in the Prescott / Prescott Valley areas – perhaps they can join us along the way. I am kind of planning on a late lunch in the area. Suggestions? Depending on who is there, driving what , we can discuss the trip back 89A-260, Sedona 179 back to 17 and home or 169-69 to 17 back toward Phoenix. Choices on the way.
That’s the general plan. Let me know if you will be able to make the run? Oh yeah it may be the last run until the heat wanes,
Best
KevinS
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2014 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All,
The April AZ Fieros run to Prescott was very interesting. We experienced all of the weather conditions that I think Arizona has to offer, and all in one day. We saw clouds (both far, far away and driving through the mists up close). We experience gusty winds, rain (drizzle to sheets); icy and muddy roads, sunny skies, and yes even a few snowflakes floating down. But - 89 was a slew of twists and curves with great mountain and valley views. A wonderful run for a group of 85 to 88 Fieros. And on the sunny run back to the valley the 85’s 85 MPH speedo was pegged more that it was not.
No plans yet for May – but May just started.
Best
KevinS
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2014 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All,
How many are up for an evening run down to Casa Grande? Maybe a late dinner and hook up with some of the folks in the Tucson zone on the 28th or 29th?
Otherwise it may be a burger night at Five Guys on Ray Road in Ahwatukee/So Phoenix.
Let me know soonest
KS
Kee588T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2014 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kee588TSend a Private Message to Kee588TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I eventually got PIP running correctly
I was a gray day in the northern mountains

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock