Started on: 08-23-2011 04:43 PM
Replies: 1 (394 views)
Last post by: Jim_Martin29 on 10-05-2011 06:28 PM
Francis T

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2011 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whereas I live in Spotsylvania Va. just 9 miles from Mineral that 5.8 was down right scarry, Twited my whole garage. I still can't believe our jeep didnt fall off its jack stands the way it slide around. Thankfully not much real damage, mostly just some broken glass to clean up etc. I dont how you people that live in earth quake prone areas put up wiht it. Damn, it was loud too.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jim_Martin29

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2011 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim_Martin29Send a Private Message to Jim_Martin29Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Francis T:

Whereas I live in Spotsylvania Va. just 9 miles from Mineral that 5.8 was down right scarry, Twited my whole garage. I still can't believe our jeep didnt fall off its jack stands the way it slide around. Thankfully not much real damage, mostly just some broken glass to clean up etc. I dont how you people that live in earth quake prone areas put up wiht it. Damn, it was loud too.

Lol, I'm a California native and nearly 60 years old. I've lived in California for all but 10 years. Living here does add a little excitement to life and keeps you on your toes but I would rather live with the possibility of a little shaking than the hurricanes I experienced in the southeast. I guess it's a matter of what you are used to.

I have to admit though, every time I crawl under a car on jack stands I do stop and make sure I have a quick way out if I feel anything moving. I also hang a pendulum in the garage (a ball on a string) that I can see from under a car. If it starts moving I get out. Many time you can't feel the quake as it starts, until it builds a bit.

------------------
Jim Martin
White '86 GT
Monterey, California

IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay