2010 Fall Rallye, Anderson, S. C. September 18 by Rick Morehouse
Started on: 08-08-2010 11:00 PM
Replies: 15 (405 views)
Last post by: hnthomps on 09-17-2010 06:22 PM
Rick Morehouse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2010 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick MorehouseSend a Private Message to Rick MorehouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Capn Dan & I are putting together a run up the mountain from Anderson, to Walhalla, then to Highlands, Ga. over to Cashiers, N. C. & back to Anderson, S.C. Hotel & eatery info to follow. This will be about a 160 mile run, lots of twist & turns, switchbacks, great scenery, two beautiful water falls, one ya drive under for photos, lunch @ Wendys in Cashiers.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I may have some interest in participating if my current availability problems are resolved. Is this a high speed run or just a cruise through a nice location?

Nelson
Rick Morehouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2010 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick MorehouseSend a Private Message to Rick MorehouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nelson; This will be a slow cruise because many drivers may not be too crazy about thrashing their BABY around 90 & 180 degree
switch backs-OR-their significant other may not be too crazy about it. There are areas where we can run up in speed, but we'll only
use 2nd, 3rd gears, 4th or 5th on rare straight aways. A very cool run, about 160 miles long. We would sure enjoy your company.
If you haven't tried the South Carolina fiero forum, please do-lotsa info there. We do have a fiero club in-state, but it is dormant right
now. Capn Dan & I are trying to get it revived & would look forward to you joining--as we need folks from your area. What model fiero do
you drive? More than one? If married-does the wife have hers? etc., etc. Later Rick
Rick Morehouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2010 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick MorehouseSend a Private Message to Rick MorehouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Capn Dan has has posted on the SCFC forum that @ Intersection of Hiways 76 & I-85 there R 6+ hotels, with the best rate @ Hampton Inn @ $89.00. Several eateries same place & Dan would like to do breakfast @ Cracker Barrel @ 8:30. Please e-mail Dan,,,dananbear@bellsouth.net with your intent to attend. Even though this is being set up as a "fiero" rallye, I'm sure no other types of cars will be turned away, so if your significant other drives a Vette, Porsche, Lambo, V-dub or Pinto, please have 'em attend too-all are
welcome!!! Hope to see 100's there!!! Rick
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2010 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do not believe I will be able to participate this time around since I have one vehicle down for a new engine installation, one in the middle of a F355 interior project, and my turbo bearing on the other Mera went out this weekend. My youngest son is also scheduled for knee surgery this week and my wife will be taking her father back home to Florida. How is that for a collection of excuses? I will try and make the cruise but it does not seem likely at this time.

As to what i drive in the Fiero line, I have a F308 rebody and three Meras. A couple of pictures of some of the cars are below. The rest of the household cars are Ford, Kia, and Nissan. My wife does not currently drive any of the Fieros because she has trouble seeing out of the vehicles during lane changes. However, I hope to install a camera in one of the cars and see if she likes it. I had a 3800 SC 88 notchie for her, but she did not like the shift and it was sold to someone in SC who then sold it to a person in NC.

Nelson

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 09-08-2010).]

Rick Morehouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2010 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick MorehouseSend a Private Message to Rick MorehouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nelson; Hope all is going smooth for ya'll. We hope you can make the rallye, but we understand for sure. Rick
Spoilt_87fiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2010 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Spoilt_87fieroSend a Private Message to Spoilt_87fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

I had a 3800 SC 88 notchie for her, but she did not like the shift and it was sold to someone in SC who then sold it to a person in NC.

Nelson

I believe that wadeduck (Richard) was the one that bought that car. I am still going to try and make this run but it all depends on my school schedule. Seems like a got a week of exams during that time.

BigLittleV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2010 03:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BigLittleV8Click Here to visit BigLittleV8's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigLittleV8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.moonshiner28.com/ Here is a little info on the area and a map and pictures
BigLittleV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2010 03:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BigLittleV8Click Here to visit BigLittleV8's HomePageSend a Private Message to BigLittleV8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BigLittleV8

145 posts
Member since Oct 2002
Here is a better view of the map http://www.moonshiner28.com/moonshiner28_maps.html
Rick Morehouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2010 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick MorehouseSend a Private Message to Rick MorehouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Nelson; THANKS for the map & info, cool stuff. Our run goes to Cashiers then south on Hwy 107 back to 28 just north of Wahalla.
We all hope things have settled down for your family. A tho't?!? As we pass thru Highland--would ya'll mind if we stop to say hay to a
fellow Fiero/(Mera) owner?? OOPS- maybe you live in Wahalla?? Should have rechecked your posts.. Anyways--just an idea. Thanks
again for the info-Rick
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, I sold it to Wadeduck (Richard Borton) for a very good price (for him) and he subsequently sold it to someone in NC.

Nelson

Originally posted by Spoilt_87fiero:

I believe that wadeduck (Richard) was the one that bought that car. I am still going to try and make this run but it all depends on my school schedule. Seems like a got a week of exams during that time.

PFF
System Bot
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hnthomps

5729 posts
Member since Jul 2003
No problem with you stopping by my house, but I live in Columbia right off Exit 102A (I26). If you plan to do it, let me know ahead of time to make certain that I am actually here.

Nelson

Originally posted by Rick Morehouse:

Hey Nelson; THANKS for the map & info, cool stuff. Our run goes to Cashiers then south on Hwy 107 back to 28 just north of Wahalla.
We all hope things have settled down for your family. A tho't?!? As we pass thru Highland--would ya'll mind if we stop to say hay to a
fellow Fiero/(Mera) owner?? OOPS- maybe you live in Wahalla?? Should have rechecked your posts.. Anyways--just an idea. Thanks
again for the info-Rick

Rick Morehouse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2010 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick MorehouseSend a Private Message to Rick MorehouseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To BigLittleV8, Hey--I screwed up!! I gave credit to the fiero folks from Columbia for the "map info" & that should have gone
to you!! Please accept my apology. And I hope you will still attend the rallye on the 18th, as ya'll can provide back ground
info on the local scene. We do "THANK "YOU" for the maps & locale info. Hope to see ya on the 18th. Rick
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2010 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will not be able to make it to the run but house visitors are welcome.

Nelson
SC Coupe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2010 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SC CoupeSend a Private Message to SC CoupeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
See you Saturday!
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2010 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any idea what time? (That is providing you are talking about visiting my house and not going to the event.) I need to run to a dealership tomorrow and buy my wife a new Expedition but hope that it will not take long.

Nelson

Originally posted by SC Coupe:

See you Saturday!

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 09-17-2010).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay