Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Events
  10th annual Auburn - Cord - Duesenberg Festival Downtown Cruise-In Car Show Sept 3rd

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
10th annual Auburn - Cord - Duesenberg Festival Downtown Cruise-In Car Show Sept 3rd by Darth Fiero
Started on: 06-23-2010 03:33 AM
Replies: 24 (665 views)
Last post by: Gokart Mozart on 09-17-2010 10:53 PM
Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2010 03:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What: The 10th Annual Downtown Cruise-In Car Show in Auburn, Indiana; part of the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Festival.

When: FRIDAY, September 3rd, 2010. Time of day: 5pm - ???

Where: Downtown Auburn, Indiana.

How Much: $10 entry fee

Open to: Vintage, Antique, Classic, Special Interest, Muscle, Rod, Custom, and Milestone Cars and Trucks.

Look for updates and more info here: http://acdfestival.org/index.html

[This message has been edited by Darth Fiero (edited 08-26-2010).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2010 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We will probably schedule a meet up for all Fieros at some place like the Auburn Inn on Interstate 69 and St. Hwy 8 before we go downtown to the show - that way we can all park together at the show. Anyone who is interested in attending should post in this thread so I can keep track of how many people plan on bringing Fieros. As we get closer to the show date, I'll post up what time to meet at the Auburn Inn.

-ryan

[This message has been edited by Darth Fiero (edited 06-25-2010).]

KN16

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2010 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KN16Click Here to visit KN16's HomePageSend a Private Message to KN16Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gott'a make sure i can get free of work but, otherwise I'm planning on coming!
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2010 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can count on Capital City Fiero Club to bring as many cars as we can.

We had two cars there last year and it was an absolutely great evening!

If you only attend one show a year, this should be it!
Justin Heileman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2010 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Justin HeilemanSend a Private Message to Justin HeilemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Count me in Ryan! The car better be running by then.

Justin
smartaxel

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm a "maybe". If the car gets running (safely) and I have the day off, it sounds like a blast.
all4u

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2010 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for all4uSend a Private Message to all4uEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Assuming I can get out of work, maybe I can follow KN16 out there, or if PaulV is going, I 'll follow him. KN16, can we meet up somewhere, maybe UTI or something if I can get out of work that day?
kendallville

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2010 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If nothing happens with my gt by then I'm in
Doni Hagan

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2010 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can pencil the date in. If nothing comes up before then, I'll be there.
Tstang429

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2010 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tstang429Send a Private Message to Tstang429Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hmm wedding the 4th wonder if i can get out and back in time.
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2010 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just curious...I just noticed the time for the meet (5 PM.) Is the meet in the evening or is that just the time for registration? If the actual event's Saturday, I'll need a room somewhere. I'm asking so I can make hotel reservations early. PM me or drop me an email....doni@donihagan.com.

Thanks!!

[This message has been edited by Doni Hagan (edited 08-07-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
Justin Heileman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Justin HeilemanSend a Private Message to Justin HeilemanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well there are alot of things going on all weekend but the downtown cruise-in is Friday evening. If you're into muscle cars, I would suggest going to the kruse auction while you are here. Usually there are a few exotics and antique collector cars also. I heard the ticket prices are going down this year, which is good because they used to be right around $30. If you would be interested in going to the Auction I would recommend getting a hotel soon, if not the cruise in usually runs til 11ish. The auction is projected to have somewhere in the area of 1500-2000 cars this year. Hope that helps!

[This message has been edited by Justin Heileman (edited 08-09-2010).]

Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes the cruise-in car show is supposed to kick off around 5pm Friday evening. But in truth, people will be showing up trying to grab good parking spots (as close to the downtown square as possible) probably as early as noon Friday if not a little earlier - even though they are no supposed to. I would say to be there by 3:30-4pm at the latest in order to get a decent spot. I think they had 600-700 cars attend this show last year, so the streets surrounding the downtown square will fill up quick. And yes it does go on until late in the night.

KN16

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KN16Click Here to visit KN16's HomePageSend a Private Message to KN16Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any thoughts yet on what time the meet-up will be???
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KN16:

Any thoughts yet on what time the meet-up will be???

I'll get in touch with a few people up there in Auburn next week and will post something by the 23rd on here to let you know what we're doing and when.
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2010 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just talked to my buddy up there in Auburn about the show on Friday, Sept 3rd. He says we will want to be downtown by about 4:30pm. So that means anyone who wants to meet to caravan down towards the show in one group should meet up by no later than 4pm. A good place to meet would be the Wal-Mart parking lot near the Auburn Inn which is just off of the St Hwy 8 and Interstate-69 interchange. I don't want to try to meet in the parking lot of the Auburn Inn because I believe they will be full due to the guests staying there for the ACD Festival. The out lot of Wal-Mart should be open and I don't think it will be a problem to meet there starting at 4pm as long as we leave by around 4:15pm to head downtown (the drive to downtown isn't very far at all but will probably take 15+min due to the amount of traffic I anticipate will be there).

I did get mailed a registration form for this show and the fee is $10 for the Friday show and the official time is 5pm to ??? (whenever they decide to shut it down).

I also received an information packet for the show that had a few rules on it I want to pass along:

PROHIBITED:
-Pets
-Bicycles
-Skateboards
-Scooters
-Unauthorized Vendors
-Unauthorized Golf Carts

PARKING:
Watch for designated parking areas throughout Auburn. Select areas will be reserved at different times during the weekend based upon events. These areas will be clearly marked. If a vehicle is parking in a reserved or restricted parking area without permission, it will be towed at the owner's expense. There is ample parking all around downtown, spreading into the residential area.

FOR THOSE ENTERING THE SHOW:
Entry points will be N & S Main Street, Auburn at Main & 5th & 12th. No entrance on 7th St.

7th Street is the main drag that we will use to travel to the downtown area from Wal-Mart, we will turn off of this once we get downtown to get to one of the entry points listed above - our caravan will choose the best route and entrance based on traffic at the time we arrive. Late-arrivals: you are on your own!

Can't wait to see you there! Remember, if you want to join the Caravan to go downtown together as part of the group, be at the outer most portion of the Auburn Wal-Mart parking lot between 4pm and 4:14pm (look for all the Fieros). We will be leaving at 4:15pm.

Here's a map of the event: http://acdfestival.org/html/acdmap.html

-ryan

EDIT: Please see revised schedule (meeting time) in my later post.

[This message has been edited by Darth Fiero (edited 09-01-2010).]

ZombiePenguin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2010 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZombiePenguinSend a Private Message to ZombiePenguinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does this cost any money, if not count me in
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2010 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ZombiePenguin:

Does this cost any money, if not count me in

Yes, $10 to enter your car into the show
ZombiePenguin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2010 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZombiePenguinSend a Private Message to ZombiePenguinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I'll probably still go I just don't really want to enter mine, she's nowhere near show worthy
ZombiePenguin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2010 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZombiePenguinSend a Private Message to ZombiePenguinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ZombiePenguin

200 posts
Member since Mar 2010
Well I'll probably still go I just don't really want to enter mine, she's nowhere near show worthy
kendallville

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2010 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kendallvilleSend a Private Message to kendallvilleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
my car isn't "show worthy" either but i'm still going to pay the $10 to be in the cruise-in anyway.
PFF
System Bot
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-01-2010 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IMPORTANT UPDATE:

I received an email from the Auburn Police Dept who apparantly found my thread here on PFF:

Greetings,

My name is Lieutenant Mark Stump with the Auburn Police Department. I am one of the officers responsible for the cruise in on Friday, September 3rd, 2010 mentioned recently on the Fiero website forum. In researching several sites to determine some of the participants, I read in some of the postings that several of its members are planning on attending the event and there was some discussion on when to arrive. In years past participants have arrived earlier and earlier each year causing quite a bit of confusion and congestion in the downtown area. This year, as a result, all vehicles including cruise in participants will be removed from the cruise in location at 4:00pm. They will be sent to a staging area at the DeKalb County Fairgrounds until the 5:00 PM gate open time arrives. I am providing you this information so that your members do not arrive too early only to have to leave and stage elsewhere while the cruise in is organized and the streets closed. I would suggest that your group stage somewhere on the west end of the city near the I-69 interchange and then travel as a group shortly before 5:00pm to one of the cruise in entrances located at either Main Street @ 5th Street or Main Street @ 12th Street. I would recommend the 5th Street location as the majority of the fairground traffic will come in the other location (possibility of a long line).

We hope to see your group here and please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Mark A. Stump, Lt.
Auburn Police Department
210 South Cedar Street
Auburn, Indiana 46706
(260) 920-3200 x1917

As a result of this email, our plans have changed. We will now meet up at Wal-Mart at about 4:40pm and won't leave from there until 4:50pm to ensure we don't arrive downtown earlier than the 5pm gate opening time. Per Mark's advice, we will be using the 5th Street entrance. Everybody who is planning on meeting up please make note of the schedule change.

-ryan
Darth Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2010 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for the delay. Been busy all week. Finally got some pictures of this event posted, you can see them here:

http://www.gmtuners.com/eve..._show2010/index.html

Hope to see you all next year!
gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2010 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, Ryan--thanks for the great pics of this show! We were in Auburn about 4 yrs. ago for the Hudson-Essex-Terraplane National Meet. Great little town and the Duesenberg Museum is gorgeous! We went back after the Fiero 25th two years ago to the Kruse Military History Museum. Lots of great history in that area! Thanks again!

JC
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2010 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Darth Fiero:

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

I received an email from the Auburn Police Dept who apparantly found my thread here on PFF:

-ryan

I googled "2010 auburn cord duesenberg festival" and this was on the top of the second page

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock