Triangle 2-Seaters Raleigh by FieroVin
Started on: 03-31-2010 12:26 AM
Replies: 74 (2416 views)
Last post by: LZeitgeist on 11-08-2013 09:29 AM
FieroVin

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2010 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVinClick Here to visit FieroVin's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroVinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I looked for something yellow... but we did have two Fieros, two Solstice and a Sky. It was a nice day, good to see you again ltlfrari.

------------------
Vin

MAFOA Webmaster
1987 Fiero GT, Medium Red Mettalic, Lowered
2008 Solstice GXP, Aggressive
2008 G8 GT, Magnetic Grey Mettalic

1988 - 2006 - The 18 year dry spell between 2-seat Pontiac Excitement was finally over... RIP Pontiac.

IP: Logged
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2010 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Didn't see nuttin' yellow. Did pass a black Gt on the 540 this am, thought it was going same place but he turned off. First other Fiero I've seen on the road in god knows how long. These cars must be getting 'rare'!

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2010 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I decided 9am was too early, and ended up spending the day workin on the fiero instead of driving it.
LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2010 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, did life ever make a liar out of me. *sigh*

Something came up that prevented me from showing up but it wasn't by choice, I can tell you that much. Will redouble the efforts for next month.
LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2010 07:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At the moment, nothing is visible on the horizon that should prevent me from being there...

(crossing fingers for luck)
LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2010 05:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Barring complete mechanical failure or (God forbid) theft, I will be there at 9:00am!

Looking forward to it!
FieroVin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2010 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVinClick Here to visit FieroVin's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroVinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are a few pictures...

http://picasaweb.google.com...ber?feat=directlink#

------------------
Vin

MAFOA Webmaster

1988 - 2006 - The 18 year dry spell between 2-seat Pontiac Excitement was finally over... RIP Pontiac.

LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2010 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for posting the pics - it was great meeting you guys.

Thanks for the kind words on my handywork.

Looking forward to the next one...
ltlfrari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2010 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sheesh, I completely forgot about this

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2010 06:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was wondering where you were, Dave...
MaddMatt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2010 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MaddMattSend a Private Message to MaddMattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I keep telling myself that when the swap is done, that I would see if its cool if I join everyone. But, its still on blocks. I should be done at the end of oct. I hope. So, if all is done, would you all mind if I joined you?

Matt
PFF
System Bot
ltlfrari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2010 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The more, the merrier! Heck, just come anyway even without a car.

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

MaddMatt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2010 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MaddMattSend a Private Message to MaddMattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cool, look forward to being there!
Old86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2010 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old86Send a Private Message to Old86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When & where will the next meeting be? The Fiero Factory is suppose to have my 4.9 swap completed in the next couple of weeks. This could be it's first outing!
LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unless I am mistaken, it's 9am at Starbucks at Crossroads Mall in Cary on the last Saturday morning of each month.

------------------
Patrick W. Heinske -- LZeitgeist@aol.com

"There are two types of Fiero owners - those that have gotten ripped off by Toddster, and those who will get ripped off by Toddster."

Old86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2010 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old86Send a Private Message to Old86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure if I will have it back by then but will keep this info for reference. How many actually show up in a Fiero?
ltlfrari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2010 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I should be there next time and probably in the 88 at last, oil leak an' all!.

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2010 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doesn't look like I'll make this one - the Formula will be in the paint shop over the weekend repairing some minor parking lot damage.

However, I'm hoping it'll be able to make it to the Briar Creek Cars'n'Coffee the following weekend. Hopefully see you all there...

------------------

"There are two types of Fiero owners - those that have gotten ripped off by Toddster, and those who will get ripped off by Toddster."

FieroVin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2010 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVinClick Here to visit FieroVin's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroVinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good to see a Fiero out today...

If anyone is interested, here is some info on VIR Holiday Laps: http://www.virnow.com/lates...liday-laps-2010.html

Vin

------------------
Vin

MAFOA Webmaster

[This message has been edited by FieroVin (edited 10-30-2010).]

Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2010 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, with the weather getting colder, are the meets still on? I got my car (finally!) and am eager to show up with it, instead of my Town car, for a change.
ltlfrari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2010 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't know about this month with it being TG. I know I won't be there next month though.
PFF
System Bot
FieroVin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2010 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVinClick Here to visit FieroVin's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroVinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks like the meet is still on for tomorrow if anyone is interested.

Same Bat Time... Same Bat Channel...

------------------
Vin

MAFOA Webmaster

FieroVin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2011 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVinClick Here to visit FieroVin's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroVinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ltlfrari, we missed you today, we did have a very nice looking black GT join us today with a nice 3.9 conversion. I bet that's fun to drive...

------------------
Vin

MAFOA Webmaster

MaddMatt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2011 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MaddMattSend a Private Message to MaddMattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks FieroVin

But sadly I wont be able to make it to cars & coffee next Sat. next month!
Matt
PF Flyer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PF FlyerSend a Private Message to PF FlyerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
is it this saturday?
FieroVin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2011 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVinClick Here to visit FieroVin's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroVinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not sure if anyone was planning to come out this month, but we're planning a cruise over by Jordan Lake this Saturday. Instead of meeting at the normal Starbuck's location we're meeting at the Beaver Creek Ihop in Apex. Same time, 9am.

------------------
Vin

MAFOA Webmaster

Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2011 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You know it figured that before I got my Fiero back I had to start working Saturdays. Ugh. I wish I could say I'll be there.
Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2011 05:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not working Saturdays any longer, but (if these meets are still happening), I'll be in Chicago during the September meet. Will there be one in October? Are they still the last Saturday of the month?

Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2012 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I emailed FieroVin and asked him for an update on this meet - for those interested, here's the new info:

Meet is at:

Barry's Cafe
2851 Jones Franklin Road Raleigh, NC 27606

Always on the last Saturday of the month unless there's a special event. (This month it's the 30th.)
I presume it's still at 9am (he didn't mention a new time)
www.facebook.com/triangle2seaters
FieroVin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2012 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVinClick Here to visit FieroVin's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroVinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, 9AM it is.

For some reason I don't get notifications when someone replies to this topic... hmmm...

------------------
Vin

FieroVin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2012 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVinClick Here to visit FieroVin's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroVinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is really off topic here, but I thought maybe one of you might know where I can find a GT rear clip locally. I was hit in the back and they want to total it because they can't find parts.

TIA
PFF
System Bot
Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2012 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oh man! That's ridiculous. Did you point out that the car is street legal without those panels? Just find some replacement brake lights or something and call it a day. lol
Jake_2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2012 04:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_2m4Send a Private Message to Jake_2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see GT clips every once in a while at LKQ (Pull your own parts junkyard). One is close to Durham and the other is near Garner.
LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2013 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just wondering if this group still gets together?

------------------

1988 Fiero Formula - Automoda convertible
repainted PPG Ferrari 'Giallo Modena' yellow

LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2013 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LZeitgeist

5662 posts
Member since Dec 2000

Originally posted by FieroVin:

This is really off topic here, but I thought maybe one of you might know where I can find a GT rear clip locally. I was hit in the back and they want to total it because they can't find parts.

TIA

A few years ago, a deer went over my decklid and ripped the wing off. I carry full coverage on the car.

The insurance company totalled it, wrote me a check, I paid them $700 out of that check to buy the car back, replaced the wing and spent the money to get the paint job I have now.

I'd documented the custom work I'd had done on the car, so the value was higher than simple Blue Book for a 20-year old Fiero w/200,000 miles on it.

My title says it's a Total Loss Salvage, but I have no problems registering it, having it inspected, etc. - it's a non-issue for me. I was told that it could affect resale value, but 1) I'm never going to sell this thing anyway, and 2) even if I did, the buyer would either meet my asking price or not get the car, regardless of what the Blue Book or anyone else says it's worth.

I'm not sure how many of my details are similar to yours, but having the insurance company total my car for a fixable (for me) issue and sell it back to me was one of the best things that ever happened with my car.

------------------

1988 Fiero Formula - Automoda convertible
repainted PPG Ferrari 'Giallo Modena' yellow

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors