NC members Oct 17th meet by NCTyphoonKid
Started on: 10-06-2009 07:06 PM
Replies: 38 (970 views)
Last post by: CowsPatoot on 10-18-2009 09:23 PM
NCTyphoonKid

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2009 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NCTyphoonKidSend a Private Message to NCTyphoonKidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We have decided to have the Oct meet on the 17th at Shanes Rib Shack off of Wendover ave.Here's the addy:4217 W Wendover Ave # A.We plan to meet up about 12pm.If anybody has any Questions feel free to PM or E-mail me.
Korey
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Emc209i

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
User Banned

Report this Post10-06-2009 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be there, Jason will be there, Taylor Kirby is coming, we'll see about Josh. Looking forward to it.
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2009 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll try to make it out if I have a running fiero.
FieroVin

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2009 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVinClick Here to visit FieroVin's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroVinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I might have a conflict that day, not sure yet.

------------------
Vin

MAFOA Webmaster
1987 Fiero GT, Medium Red Mettalic, Lowered
2008 Solstice GXP, Aggressive

1988 - 2006 - The 18 year dry spell between 2-seat Pontiac Excitement is finally over.

CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I won't make it....Fierfly and I will be traveling up the east coast of North Carolina that weekend in the yellow 85 GT. I will definitely make the November meet....would even consider hosting it.
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 06:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You didn't say town but I assume Greensboro ?

Looks like I might actually make this one (watch the car die now!)

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

NCTyphoonKid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NCTyphoonKidSend a Private Message to NCTyphoonKidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ltlfrari:

You didn't say town but I assume Greensboro ?

Looks like I might actually make this one (watch the car die now!)

Yes it is in Greensboro then in November I'll host the Thanksgiving meet here
LZeitgeist

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be trying hard to make it - Paul's got some goodies for me, and I've got a surprise for those of you who haven't seen my Formula in a while...

------------------
Patrick W. Heinske -- LZeitgeist@aol.com

"There are two types of Fiero owners - those that have gotten ripped off by Toddster, and those who will get ripped off by Toddster."

Emc209i

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-07-2009 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

(watch the car die now!)

You Jinxed me instead.

I sheered all eight of my flywheel bolts away from the crank today. Looks like I'll be a passenger in the Winston Salem convoy.
ChuckLS1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2009 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChuckLS1Send a Private Message to ChuckLS1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unless I get someone to work for me, I will not be able to make it.

------------------
Chuck
88 Formula W/fastback
09 Dodge Caliber SXT

Fiero redux

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2009 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero reduxSend a Private Message to Fiero reduxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there, but no Fiero. I need to do a few more things to make it road-worthy.
John
PFF
System Bot
Old86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2009 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old86Send a Private Message to Old86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will try to be there.. Got a couple of things going on now but hopefully will be cleared up by then.
FieroVin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-12-2009 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVinClick Here to visit FieroVin's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroVinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are any of you guys interested in meeting up with a group of Solstice owners? They are planning a meet at La Fiesta that day at 1pm.

http://www.solsticeforum.co...er-meet-greet-59692/

------------------
Vin

MAFOA Webmaster

1988 - 2006 - The 18 year dry spell between 2-seat Pontiac Excitement was finally over... RIP Pontiac.

Emc209i

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-13-2009 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, that's a stone's throw across the bridge. Do you have any way of getting in contact with someone in that group to ask if we can join them? If not, I don't mind emailing the OP. I think it would be a fantastic idea we just met there instead of Shane's, being we've already held a meet there.

Korey?
CowsPatoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2009 03:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by squeezd-n:

Which Shanes....The one on Wendover or the one on Westover terrace? Either way, we could load up the cars and make a quick trip down there or the fiero club could come up there after eating....

The more the merrier.

Definitely wish I could join you for this one...but I am not turning down my chance to fly kites at Kitty Hawk.
NCTyphoonKid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2009 03:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NCTyphoonKidSend a Private Message to NCTyphoonKidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anybody mind if we switch the time and location?
ChuckLS1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2009 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ChuckLS1Send a Private Message to ChuckLS1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Even though I may not be there, I would not mind at all! I used to own a Solstice GXP.

------------------
Chuck
88 Formula W/fastback
09 Dodge Caliber SXT

Old86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2009 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old86Send a Private Message to Old86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just need new time & directions.
Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2009 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That solstice link is not working for me, keep getting a 404.

My Fiero is still in pieces, but I can definitely try to make it in my daily driver. I was planning on making a trip out to Concord this Saturday to put what little work I can into the new engine, but depending on the new meet time, it might still all work out.

So ditto on time/directions (or just time/address is fine, just plug it into the GPS).

FieroVin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2009 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVinClick Here to visit FieroVin's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroVinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The organizer of the Solstice meet seems game for a combined meet, he is the one quoted above.

Here is the info on the meet from the Solstice thread:

Greensboro October Meet and Greet

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok....Lets try this again. October 17th at 1 pm. La Fiesta Mexican restaurant on Bridford Parkway. Same parking lot as the K-mart but at the other end of that shopping center. We will gather near the front of the parking lot at that end. It is usually pretty empty down that way. It is down by the RBC Centura bank branch.

------------------
Vin

MAFOA Webmaster

1988 - 2006 - The 18 year dry spell between 2-seat Pontiac Excitement was finally over... RIP Pontiac.

NCTyphoonKid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2009 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NCTyphoonKidSend a Private Message to NCTyphoonKidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok so no one seems to mind we meet up with the Solstice guys.I believe the addy for La Fiesta is 1312 Bridford Pkwy Greensboro,NC 27407 FieroVin please make sure the addy is correct
PFF
System Bot
FieroVin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2009 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVinClick Here to visit FieroVin's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroVinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That address is correct, but it puts you down at the other end of the plaza.

I think this is as close as I can get:

Map

------------------
Vin

MAFOA Webmaster

NCTyphoonKid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2009 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NCTyphoonKidSend a Private Message to NCTyphoonKidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok
NCTyphoonKid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2009 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NCTyphoonKidSend a Private Message to NCTyphoonKidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

NCTyphoonKid

1277 posts
Member since Jun 2008

Originally posted by FieroVin:

That address is correct, but it puts you down at the other end of the plaza.

I think this is as close as I can get:

Map

Do the solstice guys mind if we eat together?
LZeitgeist

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2009 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LZeitgeistSend a Private Message to LZeitgeistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Actually, I'm not going to be able to make it - just too much stuff needing to be done at home and can't get away this time.

Keep me posted for next time...

------------------
Patrick W. Heinske -- LZeitgeist@aol.com

"There are two types of Fiero owners - those that have gotten ripped off by Toddster, and those who will get ripped off by Toddster."

FieroVin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2009 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVinClick Here to visit FieroVin's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroVinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NCTyphoonKid:

Do the solstice guys mind if we eat together?

I think we're on for La Fiesta for anyone who wants to.

I've talked to quite a few Solstice owners who are former Fiero owners, so the Fiero has a special place in their hearts. I think we're all one big Pontiac family. There are always some Saturn Sky at these events too, Kappa owners are all nice welcoming folks. I think the Georgia clubs have had a few combined Kappa/Fiero cruise events and I've heard that works out nicely.

For those that don't know Kappa is the platform name that includes the Pontiac Solstice, Saturn Sky, Opel GT, and Daewoo G2X.

------------------
Vin

MAFOA Webmaster

Emc209i

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-14-2009 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by squeezd-n:
I certainly don't mind at all. Im sure no one else will mind either.

Originally posted by FieroVin:
I think we're on for La Fiesta for anyone who wants to.

Let's do it then! La Fiesta at 1pm.

1312 Bridford Pkwy
Greensboro, NC 27407-2692
(336) 855-6705
NCTyphoonKid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2009 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NCTyphoonKidSend a Private Message to NCTyphoonKidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
See everyone Saturday at 1pm at La Fiesta
Old86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2009 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old86Send a Private Message to Old86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, who all is actually going? Anyone interested in meeting in parking lot at Shane's Ribs & go from there to La Fiesta as a group?
Emc209i

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-17-2009 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Winston Salem Fiero's are not. The owners who were coming with me tomorrow are tied to other obligations; work, family, etc. Korey is going to be at another meeting tomorrow, and was wondering if I could pick him up in Trinity. I don't want to have to take another vehicle besides a Fiero. In all, I don't think I'll be coming either.

[This message has been edited by Emc209i (edited 10-17-2009).]

NCTyphoonKid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2009 07:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NCTyphoonKidSend a Private Message to NCTyphoonKidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old86:

OK, who all is actually going? Anyone interested in meeting in parking lot at Shane's Ribs & go from there to La Fiesta as a group?

I will try to get a ride with John.Hopefully I will see yall up there if not have fun
PFF
System Bot
ltlfrari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2009 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So who's actually going? I was planning on turning up but now it looks like no one is going!

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2009 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm still planning on going. If nothing else, I'll at least get to see if the food there is any good.
Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2009 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Trinten

1351 posts
Member since Sep 2008
Well, I got there five after, saw just a few Solstices WAAAY down in the empty part of the lot (understandably), but didn't see the owners around, and no Fieros. I went in and asked the hostess if she knew of any seated parties for any car clubs, she said no, so I just got a table by myself. The food there is pretty good! Just as I was getting ready to leave, the Solstice guys finally came in and got setup right next to me. lol

I didn't bother to introduce myself, but headed out and saw alot more Solstices and a Crossfire there.

Of course, I don't own any Fiero branded gear, and driving my daily driver, so if there were other guys there that had the same thing going on, that's why we missed each other.
ltlfrari

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2009 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We just missed, I was there till just before 2, chatted to the Solstice guys for a while then gave up.
On the bright side that was the first long run the car has had since I got it back together and it didn't miss a beat.
It even survived the moronic woman rolling into the back of me as I was leaving our sub division. The bang as she hit me sounded a LOT worse that it actually was. No damage to my car and I didn't give a s**t about hers! Thank god for plastic body panels!

Must do it again sometime only next time I won't turn up (not that I'd be missed anyway!)

------------------
Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

[This message has been edited by ltlfrari (edited 10-17-2009).]

Trinten

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2009 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TrintenSend a Private Message to TrintenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Aww, hell Dave. Sorry about that. I guess I should have hung out around the solstices and see if anyone came over that didn't have one. lol
NCTyphoonKid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2009 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NCTyphoonKidSend a Private Message to NCTyphoonKidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sorry but I had to miss it

------------------
Korey "Plastic Makes It Possible"
86 Pontiac Fiero SE gold on black options incl luggage rack,power windows,power door locks,sunroof,4 spd,body colored wheels
86 Buick Grand National bone stock
93 GMC Typhoon #1710 black on black bone stock

FieroVin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2009 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroVinClick Here to visit FieroVin's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroVinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We just missed, I was there till just before 2, chatted to the Solstice guys for a while then gave up.
On the bright side that was the first long run the car has had since I got it back together and it didn't miss a beat.
It even survived the moronic woman rolling into the back of me as I was leaving our sub division. The bang as she hit me sounded a LOT worse that it actually was. No damage to my car and I didn't give a s**t about hers! Thank god for plastic body panels!

Must do it again sometime only next time I won't turn up (not that I'd be missed anyway!)

Well Dave, it was nice to see you again, you should've stayed for lunch after driving all that way. I was glad you came to represent the Fiero community, it's too bad none of the others showed up.

------------------
Vin

MAFOA Webmaster

CowsPatoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2009 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wish we could have made it...but we were busy on Saturday...

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock