Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Events
  California Coast Run 2009 - Oct. 9-11, 2009 (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
California Coast Run 2009 - Oct. 9-11, 2009 by Songman
Started on: 08-16-2009 03:33 PM
Replies: 87 (3435 views)
Last post by: pokeyfiero on 10-14-2009 01:45 AM
kooljess

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2009 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kooljessSend a Private Message to kooljessEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, made my reservation....don't know what that means...so stay tune.....

------------------

http://members.cardomain.com/koolflip

IP: Logged
browneyedbri87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2009 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for browneyedbri87Send a Private Message to browneyedbri87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there, very excited for another year of fun, going to register now...
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2009 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just drove it from san simeon to carmel and there was no construction and it was a nice drive.
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2009 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mmeyer86gt/gtp

3853 posts
Member since Sep 2001
I just drove it from san simeon to carmel and there was no construction and it was a nice drive.
gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2009 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jerry and I are here at the San Simeon Lodge this weekend and the weather has been really nice. I hope it holds for another 3 wks! The campfires are burning every night and Elvis is in the house! See you all soon!

JC
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2009 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey everybody... Sorry that I have been out of touch for a bit. Between five weeks of working in San Diego and then 10 days visiting my family in GA I have been a bit behind on the Coast Run website. But I'm glad to say that it is finally all updated and active with the new information. For those of you who took the initiative and went ahead and used the old form to register, thanks... For those who have been waiting, everything is ready and waiting for you. Please feel free to go ahead and register now.

I'll call Manish in the morning to see how the room reservations are going. From what some of you have said, it sounds like it is going pretty well.

Marie and I will be going over there this weekend for our practice Run if anyone wants to join us. We'll arrive Friday evening and stay through Sunday morning just like on the real run.

The Coast Run website is http://www.fiero-performance.com

------------------
The 7th Annual California Coast Run
October 9-11, 2009
http://www.fiero-performance.com

tednelson83

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2009 03:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tednelson83Click Here to visit tednelson83's HomePageSend a Private Message to tednelson83Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i would be interested in showing up if i can. seriously dont thing my fiero will be road legal by than so i will be in the jeep, which is convienient since i can just camp out in the back of that thing for the night! so for now here is my ill try comitment.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2009 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Come on out, Kevin. A Fiero has never been a requirement to participate in the Coast Run. Looks like we are going to have a few Sebrings this year as well. Just don't be trying to take any curves at speed in that Jeep!

We may have some folks who are coming alone that would be interested in throwing in together for one of the family rooms. Split it three ways and that's just $33 for the weekend.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2009 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Songman

12496 posts
Member since Aug 2000
As an added incentive to go ahead and get registered, I am offering a special gift for every Coast Run participant who registers before the end of the month.

All the information about the Run, the hotel, and registration is on the website at http://www.fiero-performance.com.

And don't forget that the hotel will not hold any rooms past two weeks prior to the event. The economy is tough everywhere so I understand why they have to make that rule. Most of us know two weeks out whether or not we can go somewhere. Worst case scenario, make your reservation and if you can't go cancel it within 24 hours of the event and you are not charged. Better than wanting to go but not being able to find a room.

Thanks,
Dale
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2009 03:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kevins not driving his fiero because I have his old one . I would go but my fiero is a embarrassment to other fieros right now. (Many different colors). I might go in my dads mustang
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2009 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No such thing as a Fiero embarassment... I'll be driving this unfinished thing again - if I can get the clutch fixed in time.

Since the company that was doing the panels disappeared and stole the other car that was down there, this is all there is. Has been sitting in my yard untouched since last year's Coast Run.

------------------
October 9-11, 2009

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 09-23-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2009 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SILVERMIST:

OH NO!!!

I forgot about the Cameron Park Show.I guess I'll just have to miss it,even though I signed up and payed already.Can't miss the Coast Run!!!

Thanks for paying for my entry Roy! (Hey, that's what friends are for)
Sorry Dale....I wont be attending the Coast Run due to a miracle.
The miracle is my dad is actually going to meet me at a car show! (he doesnt get out much)
Anyways, he LOVES airplanes so the Cameron Park Show was just the ticket to get him out of the house.

Funny thing is, after talking with Carl Clevenger he said their club is basically disbanded so none of them is
going to the show. Guess I'll have to "reprezent" Fiero's all alone.

Kit
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2009 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We'll miss you, Kit. We were looking forward to another run down to the Swap Meet with you and Margie on Sunday, Maybe another time.

Have fun with your dad.
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2009 06:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't go fiero needs a water pump and I don't have the $. Typical fiero. Just when I want to have fun it screws me
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2009 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These are the registrants I have for the Coast Run so far. This list is registrants only and does not include passengers. If you think you have registered but do not see your name on the list, please register again at http://www.fiero-performance.com. There are a fair number of people who have indicated on forums that they are coming but are not on the list. Please help me out so I can finalize plans with the caterers. Thanks.

Kevin S
Roy W
Terry K
Brianna L
Jeannie C
Dale H
Bart W
Shane W
Carolina W
Deb G
Larry N
Rick W
Ed P
Jaime B
Michael C

(edited to protect the guilty! )

Less than two weeks away!

------------------
October 9-11, 2009

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 09-28-2009).]

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2009 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Songman

12496 posts
Member since Aug 2000
Updated Vendor List

Still time to get on the list! Contact me about your donation!

------------------
October 9-11, 2009

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 09-28-2009).]

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2009 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Songman

12496 posts
Member since Aug 2000
Other names that the hotel says MIGHT be part of our group. Are any of these names familiar?

Jonathan M
Briana L
Ken K
Akiko K
Cameron G

I don't have registrations forms to match any of them.

[This message has been edited by Songman (edited 09-29-2009).]

88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2009 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm trying to convince my wife to let me go on this trip!
I haven't been on the coast run since 04 or 05 i think it was.
Hope to make it out for the day!

Mark & Ti
SNIPER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2009 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SNIPERClick Here to visit SNIPER's HomePageSend a Private Message to SNIPEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ooops

[This message has been edited by SNIPER (edited 09-30-2009).]

SNIPER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2009 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SNIPERClick Here to visit SNIPER's HomePageSend a Private Message to SNIPEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

SNIPER

47 posts
Member since Nov 2004
Add one more: Rick P

Originally posted by Songman:

These are the registrants I have for the Coast Run so far. This list is registrants only and does not include passengers. If you think you have registered but do not see your name on the list, please register again at http://www.fiero-performance.com. There are a fair number of people who have indicated on forums that they are coming but are not on the list. Please help me out so I can finalize plans with the caterers. Thanks.

Kevin S
Roy W
Terry K
Brianna L
Jeannie C
Dale H
Bart W
Shane W
Carolina W
Deb G
Larry N
Rick W
Ed P
Jaime B
Michael C

(edited to protect the guilty! )

Less than two weeks away!

------------------
Ed "SNIPER" Peralez
Not as lean, Not as mean, But still a Marine
GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE ~ PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE
www.sniper1shot1kill.com

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2009 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Ed. I got his registration. We are going to have quite the assortment of cars this year. The Corvette will fit in nice along with the kit cars.

Mark, good luck convincing the wife. We hope to see you both there.

------------------
October 9-11, 2009

PFF
System Bot
TK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2009 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It doesn't look like Carol and I will make it. I will cut the room loose tomorrow so someone can get it.

Terry
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2009 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bummer! Can't even just make it for lunch? I was looking forward to seeing ya'll again.

But if you can't, I understand. I hope it is not something bad that is keeping you away.
browneyedbri87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2009 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for browneyedbri87Send a Private Message to browneyedbri87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
maybe I missed it in a previous post, but is there a T-Shirt for this year? If so where do you order? I know its last minute but I'd still like to have a shirt... for the memories... it's all about the memories
Cant wait! 1 week to go!
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2009 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.cafepress.com/fiero-perf

Yep... did I not list this? I thought I had.

I am thinking about just bringing a bunch of shirts with me to sell there too if people are interested. It would probably just the Ringer Ts though so if you want something different, you can order it from that link.

------------------
October 9-11, 2009

JenzGT2

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2009 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JenzGT2Send a Private Message to JenzGT2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmm, car is very dirty, no subs hooked up yet , (among many other things), costume not ready, nothing ready. Ahhhhh! I got a busy week ahead of me.

Wish me luck!!

At least the weather is looking good, last I looked, we need clear skies this year.

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2009 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Updated Vendor List

I'm excited to add Grant Products to the Vendor List for this year. This is their first year supporting the Coast Run and I hope you will all show them how much we appreciate them.

Still time to get on the list! Contact me about your donation!

------------------
October 9-11, 2009

gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2009 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone going south Friday that I could drive with?

JC
Brastic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2009 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrasticClick Here to visit Brastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BrasticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First, I am sad to say that I will not be driving my F355 kit down this year. Both coolant tubes are crushed and the front is just to low for California roads. I have the new coolant tubes at home, but do not have time between now and this weekend to get them installed. As for raising the front end, I will have to work on that this winter.

We are still going on the Coast Run. We would not miss the gathering of great cars and greater people. We have no decided if are taking just the minivan or the minivan and the Mera. We will know more by Thursday.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2009 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just be there, Shane. It doesn't matter about the cars. Until yesterday, I didn't think I would have a Fiero at my own event! Now I will have one... but it will still be ugly!

------------------
October 9-11, 2009

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2009 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gldkarma:

Anyone going south Friday that I could drive with?

JC

I'm heading out Friday. I have no specific plans about time or what not.
PFF
System Bot
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2009 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Meet us in Paso Robles around 3PM if you can, Pokey.
gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2009 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Dale & Pokey--If I can be ready to leave with several others at 10:00, we'd be at Paso Robles well before 3:00, but if I'm not ready until 11:30 or so, I'd be there to gas up and meet you all about then. If I can call you, I'll let you know how I'm doing.

Shane--sorry for your change in plans! We'll look forward to seeing you guys whenever you can get there!

JC
88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2009 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Brastic:

First, I am sad to say that I will not be driving my F355 kit down this year. Both coolant tubes are crushed and the front is just to low for California roads. I have the new coolant tubes at home, but do not have time between now and this weekend to get them installed. As for raising the front end, I will have to work on that this winter.

We are still going on the Coast Run. We would not miss the gathering of great cars and greater people. We have no decided if are taking just the minivan or the minivan and the Mera. We will know more by Thursday.

PM sent, i've got nothing to do this week, and willing to help out if i can! I'm trying to make it to this event too
gldkarma

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 03:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gldkarmaSend a Private Message to gldkarmaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, just about the time you think you have things somewhat under control, whack! Something else happens. I just got a call that another girlfriend of 35 yrs. in Boise has passed away. She was 84, we've know this one was coming for a year or two, and it happened today. Services are Sunday and Monday to allow for everyone from out of town to arrive so we will have to drive up on Saturday. I'm really sorry I'm going to have to miss the Coast Run this time. I just called Rueben and cancelled a room, so if anyone still needs one, there should be one open in our block for $99 for both nights. Also, I'll get my raffle donations together and try to get them over to Shane's tomorrow or Thurs. night. Have a great drive and Elvis is looking forward to seeing you all for karaoke next door!

JC
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2009 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sorry to hear about your friend, Jeannie. Have a safe trip this weekend. You will be in our thoughts.
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2009 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is everybody ready?

As always, I'll be up late trying to get the car together and get all the goodies lined up.

We've had a few people that had to cancel and we'll miss them and be thinking about them tomorrow and wishing them the best. I think the personalized gifts I am making for the people who registered is coming out pretty cool. Quite a few people said they were coming but never registered. Ya'll are gonna be jealous tomorrow when everyone gets their stuff and I don't have any for you! haha
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2009 04:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Songman

12496 posts
Member since Aug 2000
1AM and all's well... just not even closed to ready!

88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2009 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My transmission started making a weird noise when in-gear at idle. Looks like i wont be able to make it now
Have fun everyone!
Brastic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2009 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrasticClick Here to visit Brastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BrasticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We were thinking that it might be hard to find Songman's room. It was not hard at all. It was the one with the stainglass window.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock