Details for the first half of the GAS Route 50 tour by Just Say Go
Started on: 02-06-2009 11:18 PM
Replies: 15 (401 views)
Last post by: Boomtastic on 02-16-2009 12:08 PM
Just Say Go

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2009 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Just Say GoSend a Private Message to Just Say GoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Based on your replies to the monthly state topics thus far, I have put together a somewhat-educated guess of the stops for the first half of the Go And Show ("GAS") in 2010. We haven't picked the exact lodging establishments (or campgrounds) for the overnight stays, and in some cases I am not even sure yet of the towns, but the general vicinities are listed.

Check it out here - http://www.justsaygo.us/GAS_Tour_Details.html

I included lots of links of the things to see & do. Spend some time going through it. Let me know if anything is incorrect.

You will find maps in the "Route 50 info" button, in the various state pages (the maps aren't made yet for the western states).
------------------

---------------------
The Fiero Store is the
exclusive sponsor of GAS

[This message has been edited by Just Say Go (edited 02-06-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Just Say Go

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2009 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Just Say GoSend a Private Message to Just Say GoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump to give more people a chance to see this. I know many are interested, and more who still don't know about it would be interested as well. Thanks.

btw, I also made the Participants List a little nicer looking. If you expect to participate, please send me an indication of which parts of the tour you hope to attend. There is no commitment, no cost, no registration, nothing to buy. It just helps us to know how many will be joining us in certain places. I don't have to put your name or PFF username on the page; it can just say "anonymous" if you prefer.

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2009 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm planning to make the trip, probably not in one of the Fieros. A coast to coast trip and a couple of weeks in a Fiero is too much any more. I figure I'd pack up my HHR with a tool box and a few spare Fiero parts for a cruise. Once in California, I may drop down to LA to visit with some family and return to Florida via Rt 10. I'll have to see how these old bones are feeling next year.
Just Say Go

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2009 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Just Say GoSend a Private Message to Just Say GoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

I'm planning to make the trip, probably not in one of the Fieros. A coast to coast trip and a couple of weeks in a Fiero is too much any more. I figure I'd pack up my HHR with a tool box and a few spare Fiero parts for a cruise. Once in California, I may drop down to LA to visit with some family and return to Florida via Rt 10. I'll have to see how these old bones are feeling next year.

I don't know how I omitted you in the list since I have seen your posts... my apologies. So I have added you to the list at the bottom with those who are unsure of both their beginning and ending points.

And you are now in my address book for receiving email updates in the future.
heavyRfoot

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2009 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for heavyRfootSend a Private Message to heavyRfootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i will try to jump in from north bend state park, wv to rocky lake state park. i know it is not much of a drive from point a to b but atleast i will get to meet some good people on here that have helped me from time to time. hopefully my fiero will not be giving me any promblems at that time (knock on wood) but if it is i will just ride out on my bike.
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2009 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Also keep in mind that my house is a "Fix stop" as needed. If people are having minor issues or something I can help with, I have a shop, a lift, a code reader, and most of the basic stuff. Not really planning on changing a clutch, but I'll help where I can.

Not sure where I will join the trip yet.
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2009 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I plan on doing this run also. I hope to do it from coast to coast, but if things change i will join up in MO.

------------------

1999 GMC Jimmy 2dr 4x4
1986 Fiero Base Coupe...NO OPTIONS !!
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A (3800 S/C sitting on stand)
1984 Fiero Indy #1098

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2009 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KEV:

....but if things change i will join up in MO.

Not coming to visit? You could start here on Sunday at the cookout!

thefierofarm.com

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2009 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thefierofarm.comClick Here to visit thefierofarm.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to thefierofarm.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I plan to start at Paul's. Somebody said "food and Fieros" and I said sign me up.

------------------
That Todd guy
President of the Kansas City Fiero Owners Group

The Fiero Farm is not officially open but if you need parts, Email me at todd@thefierofarm.com
www.thefierofarm.com
Bates City, MO

Just Say Go

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2009 06:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Just Say GoSend a Private Message to Just Say GoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by heavyRfoot:

i will try to jump in from north bend state park, wv to rocky lake state park. i know it is not much of a drive from point a to b but atleast i will get to meet some good people on here that have helped me from time to time. hopefully my fiero will not be giving me any promblems at that time (knock on wood) but if it is i will just ride out on my bike.

PM sent.
Just Say Go

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2009 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Just Say GoSend a Private Message to Just Say GoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know the weekend viewers got to see this, but just wanted to be sure the weekday folks see it too.

PFF
System Bot
thumper_64735

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2009 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thumper_64735Send a Private Message to thumper_64735Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put me down to join up either in St Louis or Jeff City unless things change between now and then.

------------------
Hmmmmmmmmm.......now if I can just talk the Army out of an engine, I bet I can get it to fit hehehehehehe >

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2009 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by thumper_64735:

Put me down to join up either in St Louis or Jeff City unless things change between now and then.

Come on over to Illinois to join us for a cook out at my house. I'm only about 45 minutes east of the river. Should be a great time.

------------------
Paul

For a full history of my IMSA Build: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789315
HHP Adjustable Sway bars for ALL MODELS: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/036556.html

thumper_64735

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2009 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thumper_64735Send a Private Message to thumper_64735Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll try my best, but with at the time of the GAS tour, we will have a 2 yr old and a 1 yr old, lol. I'll try my best to talk the wife into it. I'm at least gonna make one leg though.

------------------
Hmmmmmmmmm.......now if I can just talk the Army out of an engine, I bet I can get it to fit hehehehehehe >

Just Say Go

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2009 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Just Say GoSend a Private Message to Just Say GoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After trying several different ways to make an itinerary that can be easily read but also easily updated, the simplest seems to be the best. I think all the links are now working. Feel free to check it out here and let me know if you can't read it well, or if something needs corrected.

I do have a concern regarding Monday, June 14 (2010). Is it possible I tried to cram too many activities into one day?

------------------
US-50 | Coast to Coast | www.justsaygo.us/GAS

GAS stuff | The Fiero Store is the exclusive sponsor of GAS

Boomtastic

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2009 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoomtasticClick Here to visit Boomtastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BoomtasticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm still planning on doing the entire trip. Just not sure how my butt feels about being in the seat for a minimum of 6,000 miles ... LOL

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock