Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Events
  NTFC, large AER Car Show sign-up and details thread. May 2nd! (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
NTFC, large AER Car Show sign-up and details thread. May 2nd! by blakeinspace
Started on: 01-27-2009 11:56 AM
Replies: 57 (1348 views)
Last post by: Will-Martin on 05-21-2009 10:04 AM
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2009 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shows no rain till around 3 so we might be good. Will be meeting Steve at the gas station so I don't have to travel to BBQ place. Still have the miles and miles of road grime on car for the show.

IP: Logged
F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2009 06:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am going the most direct way I can with the bad noise coming from my rear end but will see you all there. (I hope)
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2009 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the rain stay away until about 2:50pm, then it poured.
the threat of rain probably keep most of the cars away, there were probably only 100 cars.
NTFC was probably the 2nd largest club to show up besides the host club NTMC (North Texas Mustang Club).
we had 10 cars show up for our class out of the 14 registered. out of the 10 cars, 7 received trophies.
good job guys...

blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2009 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Echoing what Tom said...

I cannot be more proud of NTFC... you guys are awesome...
In just 3 years of attendance, we have become the 2nd largest club at the this show, other than the host club... so much to the point that we displaced the venarable T-Birds and their covered parking ... and being a Ford product, you'd expect them to get priority over orphaned Pontiacs.

We got a lot of traffic and compliments. I wish our other 4 guys could have made it... I think Jared, Jarrod, and Dave all would have trophied.

The day was really pleasant... great show weather except for the last few minutes. Just about all of us won door prizes. The show field was lower today... I think the thread of rain and that whole pig thing kept some people at bay...
But let me tell you what...

That does not apply to NTFC. We had guys stay all day. We had guys come in their work in progress... just to support the club. We had guys come in non-Fiero's. We had guys that came not knowing if their car would even make it. We had guys trailer their car in knowing that their car wouldn't make it. My point?... we are unique set of individuals making up this very strong club. If the other clubs had our same level of comittment, that show would be 500+ cars.

And then to boot... I had suggested a BBQ meal after the show... anf 7 cars came out for that... In a downpour that left us traveling at 10-15mph... and visibility about 20 feet. Thanks for making the day so good guys!

Stephen, thanks for driving up from Houston. I hate you had to get a hotel, next time you let me know and mi casa, su casa. As long as you don't mind staying in the 'revin' suite.

------------------

<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2009 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oh... how a bout a List of Winners... way to represent us preserving excitement guys!

1st place winners:
Mike (F355spider), turbo'd silver choptop
Steve R. (custom84cpe), 3800sc black Kamei '84 T-top

Class winners:
Allen, stock '85GT w/33k miles
Stephen (IwannaIRM), blue custom '88 hybrid
Zach (DCRfiero), black SE
Jim E, '84 coupe
me, yella '88

I think that pretty much covered it... did I miss anything?...
I really am proud of the club today... thanks for coming out and supporting.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2009 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some pictures of the show and a big thanks to Blake for getting us a good spot.

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2009 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

F355spider

1870 posts
Member since Jul 2004
A few of the trophy awards

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2009 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

F355spider

1870 posts
Member since Jul 2004
After the show a few of us stoped for BBQ to weather the storm some and some good food.

josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2009 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like you guys had a great time. Congrads to all of you. You are all winners in my book.
Joe Crawford
2farnorth

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2009 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sure wish I could have made it. My wife had a pretty rough day yesterday and it was a good thing I stayed home. She is much better today though
Will try again next year.
Thanks to everyone who turned out and made it a great success.
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2009 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Guys - Crap - I missed it. I would have made another 1300 mile RT to come to that show...........Congrats to all. Great Fiero showing. Later!

Pat
PFF
System Bot
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2009 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks like Blake was running off with someones trophy. Glad someone cought a picture of him!!!
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2009 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Joe, do you plan on coming up to DFW for a monthly meeting or such in the next coumle of months?...
If not, PM me your address and I will mail your goody bag/shirt down to you.
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2009 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, where's a picture of my car? Awwwwww, ol' blue isn't represented.
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2009 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IwannaIRM

1607 posts
Member since Jul 2001
Ok, here we go, I found 1. My wife only took 1 picture of my car!! When I asked her why she didn't take more she said, "you can see it in the garage any time, why make more photos?" I actually had to laugh at this but then again I just realized that I will have to control the camera more at the next car show.

By the way, thanks to DIY_Stu for driving my car up on the trailer in the rain. Too bad the rain came so fast and hard, I couldn't chain the car down because the street filled up so fast with water.

Unfortunately, the car isn't nearly as clean as it was at the show. Rain water and road oil splashing up on the car made for a very dirty Fiero on the way back to Houston.
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2009 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Blake I plan on coming to the next meeting, unless work interupts again. Looking forward to driving my coupe up to Dallas.
IwannaIRM that is one fine ride.
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2009 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IwannaIRM:
By the way, thanks to DIY_Stu for driving my car up on the trailer in the rain. Too bad the rain came so fast and hard, I couldn't chain the car down because the street filled up so fast with water.

One task that I found much harder than expected. What a clutch that thing has! No wonder your left leg is 4x the size of your right!!!

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 05-18-2009).]

Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2009 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IwannaIRM:

Ok, here we go, I found 1. My wife only took 1 picture of my car!! When I asked her why she didn't take more she said, "you can see it in the garage any time, why make more photos?" I actually had to laugh at this but then again I just realized that I will have to control the camera more at the next car show.

Unfortunately, the car isn't nearly as clean as it was at the show. Rain water and road oil splashing up on the car made for a very dirty Fiero on the way back to Houston.

That is one gorgeous car!!

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock