Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Events
  NTFC Presents: Spring Fling IV (the Go-Go edition), March 28th (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
NTFC Presents: Spring Fling IV (the Go-Go edition), March 28th by blakeinspace
Started on: 03-02-2009 08:32 PM
Replies: 55 (1219 views)
Last post by: Fierosmith on 04-01-2009 10:59 PM
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2009 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

many many Thanks to Tom Slick for this genius work of art banner

I call this the Go-Go addition, because I have accused Stephen of setting up a rival North Texas Fiero Club...

---------> the Gay Old Greenville Owners <--------- or Go-Go for short.
Being that Tom Slick, Nathan, and I attended the inaugural meeting of Go-Go, I will emphasize that 'Gay' means happy and boisterous.

Kidding aside,
Spring Fling is the NTFC March monthly meeting (4th Saturday of every month) and is an all day event.

This years victim..., err host! is Stephen (MstangsBware) and will take place in fabulous scenic Greenville Texas.

Now this is a great excuse for you guys to come out to Stephen's ponderosa, just so you can appreciate his long drive to the meetings!

I plan on making a convoy to Greenville starting at Pappa's BBQ in Dallas. From there we will caravan to Greenville to have lunch. Stephen has got a cruise planned for us, he said there are some very Fiero-riffic (well he did not use that word... I think he just said "lots of curves..." but I think 'Fiero-riffic' sounds more Go-Go'ish), and somewhere in there we will be Flinging the Spring, hanging out, having our general club meeting, then having supper. Being that it is an all day event, you can join in at any time, come for all or part.

I t/w Stephen, and he would like us to have lunch at TaMolly's @ 1100..., so we'd like participants to arrive at the restaurant parking lot around 1030, that will give some time to visit before consuming unholy amounts of delicious chips and salsa.
http://www.tamollys.com/locations.html

For those that would like to caravan to Greenville, Several of us will be meeting at Pappas BBQ at 0930.

I am making some cool awards for Spring Fling game.
I am really looking forward to next Saturday!

We'd like to get an approximate head count, so sound off if you are coming and if you're bringing someone!

------------------

<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 03-22-2009).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2009 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have this on my calendar and I will be there. Not sure if Mike will be coming with me....but I do know that I will be there with Red5 (my ride since I sold the Indy).

REALLY lookin' forward to seeing everyone after such a long time (it's almost been a year since I have seen most of y'all).

I am hoping to get a few others from our area to come with me.

Blake - I will definitely meet you for the convoy!!
Tom Slick

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2009 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hmm... let me check my palm pilot. oh, dude can't make it.
it looks like Arlington Fiero Race Owners are having a meet and greet on that day.
since stephen started his own chapter, not to be left out i start my own.
Anyone who would like to join A.F.R.O is welcome to contact me. j/k...

[This message has been edited by Tom Slick (edited 03-04-2009).]

pumpkincarriage

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2009 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pumpkincarriageSend a Private Message to pumpkincarriageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Provided I have my car fixed and the day off I will be there... crossing my fingers.

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2009 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well since I have went back to work I haven't had a lot of extra time. But I will start actually start planning out the cruise and putting in on paper next week some time. Lunch I know will be at To-Molly's and will be going to talk to them to make sure a large group will not be a problem. Unsure where dinner will be but will start looking into a place that has some type of history behind it. Also have a few places written down for stops and looking for other spots that might be along the cruise. Going to be a simple Spring Fling with eating, cruising and what not.

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2009 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:
...with eating, cruising and what not.

say no more... I love that stuff. Especially what not... I love what not...
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2009 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I see how you are Stephen. Come and get my parts and don't even invite me to eat. J/K. See you Sunday to pick up parts. May get details on spring Fling from you.
Steve

------------------
Why fight to be accepted by people you don't actually want to be like?

Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2009 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
blake PM sent.

[This message has been edited by Tom Slick (edited 03-07-2009).]

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2009 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am digging the banner... it is truly inspirational!... thanks Tom!
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2009 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i expect and calling out all DFW Fiero owners to make this event, since you (and you know who you are) don't make to any club meetings or functions. Don't make Blake sad for not showing up...

i don't want to hear excuses; "but my car isn't presentable", "my car's not running", "i have a flat tire", "i'm outta of gas", etc.
Tim/BoostedSeries1 hasn't had a running Fiero in years but he seems to make 99% of the club meetings/functions.
Even I drove my suburban to the first Spring Fling cause the select cable broke on the way to the event.

i think a head count is needed for the restaurants.

[This message has been edited by Tom Slick (edited 03-08-2009).]

Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2009 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alright alright, I'll be there. I might bring company along.

------------------

"Semper Fiero"

PFF
System Bot
CenTexIndy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2009 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We will be heading up early Saturday morning.
What time are we meeting? Is it starting out at Papa's?
Sorry - I am just one of those people who just need everything spelled out for me easily....
Was planning on staying overnight in Arlington on Friday night, but my youth are putting on a concert Friday night so I have to be at the church until late Friday.
Tom, Blake, anyone else - easy place to meet and convoy? Tom I know we did that a while back - not sure if you want to again. Of course, this time I will not be in Arlington to start....
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2009 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CenTexIndy:
We will be heading up early Saturday morning.
What time are we meeting? Is it starting out at Papa's?
Sorry - I am just one of those people who just need everything spelled out for me easily....
Was planning on staying overnight in Arlington on Friday night, but my youth are putting on a concert Friday night so I have to be at the church until late Friday.
Tom, Blake, anyone else - easy place to meet and convoy? Tom I know we did that a while back - not sure if you want to again. Of course, this time I will not be in Arlington to start....

Tim i be honor to roll with you on the way to Pappa's. not sure what route Blake is taking to get to Pappa's, he hasn't said. don't know if he meeting up with Jarhead in West Ft. Worth. Tim, we can either meet in South Arlington (I-20 & Bowen) or North Arlington (I-30 & Cooper) since i'm in the middle it doesn't matter to me either way. we'll figure out something as the date get's closer.

Jarhead 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2009 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will most likely meet up with Blake somewhere along 30 and take that east. We would appreciate it if you met close to 30. We can plan to be there at the same time.
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2009 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I did a little riding around yesterday to try and get a route to cruise and a few things to see along the way. Man--When it comes to things that might be cool to see out this way-_There isn't alot out here. Still need to plan out the complete cruise route and get it down on paper.
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2009 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tim... I'll get you an answer soon... after that, I will get Tom and Brian answers...

First though... Hey Poe-man... What time & where do you want us to show up?
Jarhead 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2009 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Blake, I might need a ride. The GT is being pieced back together. You think you can pick me up on the way?
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2009 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jarhead 2m4:

Blake, I might need a ride. The GT is being pieced back together. You think you can pick me up on the way?

sure... but where will your GF sit?
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2009 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:
sure... but where will your GF sit?

she can ride with me.
Jarhead 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2009 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
She won't be coming to this one. You can offer her a ride at the Round-up, but I know which car she is riding in for the trip home.
CenTexIndy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2009 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Red 5 HOPEFULLY gets some more work done on her tomorrow and she will be ready for the Fling!!
Won't truly be complete until 2010, but ain't part of the fun working on it?
PFF
System Bot
CenTexIndy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2009 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well some things went wrong today. I am pretty close to certain that Red 5 won't be there, and right now I may not. Michael and I may show up in his GT though. I will have to see how some things go this week.
Jarhead 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2009 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was hoping to see some new faces there. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help.
Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2009 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey tim,
sent you a pm about the electric fiero that was on the local news recently that blake brought to my attention.
here's the link: http://www.the33tv.com/page...fault&clipId=3519562

anyway if you do decide to make it. i will meeting blake at 9am at Tom's Diner (I-30 & Cooper). i met you and Michael there one time.

thanks...

CenTexIndy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2009 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I-30 and Cooper - Remember it well...they had good chiil-cheese fries.

I am back on planning on being there. Corey took a look at the car tonight and said all is well.

See everyone soon hopefully!

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2009 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CenTexIndy:

I am back on planning on being there. Corey took a look at the car tonight and said all is well.

See everyone soon hopefully!

That is EXCELLENT news Tim!... glad she's ok.

Brian, since we are meeting Tom Slick at 0900, I'll need to meet you around 0840. I'll call you with the details.

NOTE: I updated the first post with the logistics meeting info.

I t/w Stephen, and he would like us to have lunch at TaMolly's @ 1100..., so we'd like participants to arrive at the restaurant parking lot around 1030, that will give some time to visit before consuming unholy amounts of delicious chips and salsa.
http://www.tamollys.com/locations.html

For those that would like to caravan to Greenville, Several of us will be meeting at Pappas BBQ at 0930.

I am making some cool awards for Spring Fling game.
I am really looking forward to next Saturday!
Jarhead 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2009 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be away at the rifle range this week. If you need to call, try to make it after 6:00 pm.
2farnorth

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2009 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm planning on making this one. It's only 19 miles away... . Will meet you at Ta Mollys at 10:30.

Dave
pumpkincarriage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2009 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pumpkincarriageSend a Private Message to pumpkincarriageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still no internet access, or money, or running car... but there is a slight chance I will be able to make it if a scheduling error at work goes unnoticed ( )

Also, Daniel has given up hope on Orange ever running again (without an entirely new swap), so I may be in the market for any (I do mean any) cheap running auto Fiero... anyone got anything? Give me a call at 214 868 0668 if you know of anything (leave a message, I can't answer at work), no PMs please, can't check them from my phone

Hope to see everyone Saturday, but if not have a great time and know I'm stuck at work wishing I could have come!

-Amber
pumpkincarriage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2009 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pumpkincarriageSend a Private Message to pumpkincarriageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got off work! We'll see yall Saturday!
Fierosmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2009 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be there Saturday! For the head count.. just me this time... Weather looks good! Looking forward to all the FUN!
PFF
System Bot
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2009 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well the time is almost here and things all came together today(well let's hope). I mapped out the cruise route and drove it today to make sure it was all good. With little time from work it has been slow on planning things out but I figured can't mess it up to bad. Day will go like this:

Lunch at Ta-Mollys
Fill up cars
Head to Fannin County Museum in Bonham
Leave there and cut across to Paris to see the Eiffel Tower
Head south down to Cooper for a stop at the Ice Cream Shop
Cruise around the lake
Then to the house for a BBQ(Burgers/Hotdogs/Chips/ Ect)

The weather is supposed to be cooler but hopefully by Saturday it will be warmer.

CenTexIndy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2009 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doesn't look good for us making it. Mike is fine, but I am not. Dizzyness and other stuff is not good when you are driving.

If I do make it, I will see y'all (Tom and Blake) at the meeting place. If I am not there don't worry. If I am trying to make it and running late I have both of y'all's cell phone #s and will call.

Everyone have fun! If I don't make it I will see everyone at the AER show.
DCRFiero1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2009 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DCRFiero1Send a Private Message to DCRFiero1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To bad its going to be cold but me and my dad will both be there.
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2009 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was looking forward to meeting some of you and seeing others again. Looks like I wont be able to swing by after all. I will see you at Pappa's IF I can make it. Blake, please tell Micheal I will get his part to him some way. Hope y'all have a great time.
Steve

------------------
Why fight to be accepted by people you don't actually want to be like?

CenTexIndy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2009 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, still undecided.

Not feeling much better, but I am thinking that possibly this would be the best medicine out there.

Since I will be leaving early in the morning from Gatesville, rather than Arlington, I will be at Pappa's to meet if I do make it, as it will be shorter for me to take 35 to Dallas rather than to meet y'all in Arlington.

Wish me luck on some sleep tonite...haven't had a good night's sleep since the last week of February....and it is finally beginning to catch up and show. But there may not be a better cure than driving a Fiero with a bunch of other Fiero freaks.
2farnorth

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2009 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2farnorthSend a Private Message to 2farnorthEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Y'all aint going to believe this but it is snowing here 19 miles NW of Greenville!!!!!! Not enough to be a problem, but still unbelievable.

edit: It stopped after about 40 minutes

[This message has been edited by 2farnorth (edited 03-28-2009).]

Jarhead 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2009 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Despite the cold, I had a great time! There were plenty of new Fieros and owners to meet. Next time I will bring my Fiero out to play along.

Ted had fun even if it was the first time he has been pulled over. It wasn't even his fault!

------------------

"Semper Fiero"

Tom Slick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2009 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom SlickSend a Private Message to Tom SlickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Meeting at Ta Molly's, very cold and windy weather but still manage 12 Fieros.

Stop at the Museum in Bonham

Criuse to Paris, oui oui to see the Eiffel Tower.

Stop at soda fountain shop in Cooper.

Stop to Fling the Spring at a local park in Cooper.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

Back at event host's (MstangsBware) house for a game of whack a Pinnate with a tire iron.

Grabbing the goodies.

First year's Spring Fling host signing the NTFC Scepter.

Second year's Spring Fling host signing the NTFC Scepter.

Stephen, thanks again for hosting this years event, like you had a choice. lol...
Tell your wife a big thanks for the T-shirt.

[This message has been edited by Tom Slick (edited 03-29-2009).]

CenTexIndy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2009 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jarhead 2m4:

Ted had fun even if it was the first time he has been pulled over. It wasn't even his fault!

Glad he had fun! It was nice to finally meet you even if I did make a complete fool of myself.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock